Page 2 of 18 <12345>Last »
Topic Options
#8576139 - 03/03/16 12:33 PM Re: The future is now [Re: Smash]
Lost^
Unregistered

Pretty sure he's with Jesus now.

I'll be in his neck of the woods tomorrow, going snowboarding in Fernie for the day.

Visit Sponsors! Help CSi !
#8579493 - 03/06/16 08:06 PM Re: The future is now [Re: ]
Smash Offline
Ask me about my max payload!
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Calgary, Alberta
I think i might just annoy him with a text every day for his life until he posts here again

#8581253 - 03/08/16 01:04 PM Re: The future is now [Re: Smash]
RZFD Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Fuck ya'll, I'm from Texas.
I'll be up your way April 25-29th what's the haps in the Edmonton area?
#8581613 - 03/08/16 06:31 PM Re: The future is now [Re: RZFD]
Smash Offline
Post Master Supreme

You mean Deadmonton.... Personally I think its a shit hole. I get in and out as fast as possible. White Ave if you want a night club/patio drinking hole. I hate country music but the country bars are pretty popular and full of sluts. West Edmonton mall can eat up an entire day if you want, its something to see. I dunno what you like to do when you visit a city so cant really give you much more to go on.

#8582045 - 03/09/16 09:02 AM Re: The future is now [Re: Smash]
RZFD Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: Pynch
You mean Deadmonton.... Personally I think its a shit hole. I get in and out as fast as possible. White Ave if you want a night club/patio drinking hole. I hate country music but the country bars are pretty popular and full of sluts. West Edmonton mall can eat up an entire day if you want, its something to see. I dunno what you like to do when you visit a city so cant really give you much more to go on.

Ah, I heard of the Calgary/Edmonton hate.

I like to eat & drink well and try hard not to be too much of a tourist. I can do country bars depending on if Canadian rednecks are better/worse than The ones in Texas or Louisiana.

#8582168 - 03/09/16 10:39 AM Re: The future is now [Re: RZFD]
Lost^
Unregistered

Yeahhhhhhhhhh I'm not personally fond of Edmonton, only ever go there for work or hockey games in the past. HondaBilly might be able to give you any recommendations since he lives there. You should come to Calgary instead ;\)
#8582394 - 03/09/16 01:12 PM Re: The future is now [Re: ]
RZFD Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: Lost^
Yeahhhhhhhhhh I'm not personally fond of Edmonton, only ever go there for work or hockey games in the past. HondaBilly might be able to give you any recommendations since he lives there. You should come to Calgary instead ;\)

Come to Calgary? Ok, See you May. See how easy that was?

#8582447 - 03/09/16 02:10 PM Re: The future is now [Re: RZFD]
RZFD Offline
Post Master Supreme

BTW, exchange rate FTW!
#8582781 - 03/09/16 04:27 PM Re: The future is now [Re: RZFD]
Smash Offline
Post Master Supreme

Id recommend finding the city's best poutine, in Calgary its Big Cheese. Its something everyone has to do. You have to get 2 though, you need the basic fries, gravy & cheese and then something that isnt so classic.

Its prob not as a refined of a meal as you're use to but you cant not do it.

The hicks are exactly the same. We're the Texas of Canada. The further north you go the more rednecks you'll find. There will be plenty of dude bro's at any country bar. The only difference between our rednecks and yours is ours arent racists for the most part.

As for good food, you'll find low key pubs will be your best bet. The bigger they are/more advertising you see generally leads to basic frozen pub food that you'll only enjoy hungover or drunk. Great Canadian Brew House is an example of that. While its a great place to drink, the food is average at best.

#8583109 - 03/09/16 10:36 PM Re: The future is now [Re: Smash]
AMG SiR Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Abbotsford B.C. CANADA
Anyone coming to the Calgary auto show this week?
#8583166 - 03/10/16 07:24 AM Re: The future is now [Re: RZFD]
HondaBilly Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Hinton
 Originally Posted By: RZFD

What do you like doing? Where are you staying? Renting a car? Able to get around?

#8583282 - 03/10/16 09:30 AM Re: The future is now [Re: RZFD]
Lost^
Unregistered

I'll find us a karaoke bar

#8583285 - 03/10/16 09:31 AM Re: The future is now [Re: AMG SiR]
Lost^
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: AMG SiR
Anyone coming to the Calgary auto show this week?

I've got my sister and nieces in town, how long are you here til?

#8583304 - 03/10/16 09:43 AM Re: The future is now [Re: HondaBilly]
HondaBilly Offline
Post Master Sr

Hopefully the weather is nice when you come. It's a real mixed bag that time of the year. Could be nice and warm like last year, or it could be really shitty and snowing.
#8583308 - 03/10/16 09:43 AM Re: The future is now [Re: HondaBilly]
RZFD Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: HondaBilly

What do you like doing? Where are you staying? Renting a car? Able to get around?

Haven't booked a hotel yet, but I'm looking at some place called the Matrix [/Keanu] or the Four Points unless you have a good suggestion (budget is open, your exchange rate is ridic). I'll have a car as well.

As far as doing stuff, I'm pretty open. If I can find some sucker to show me around I usually let them take me around. Seems to have worked out so far when I meet up with other CSIers. If not then I'll just yelp it.

#8583314 - 03/10/16 09:46 AM Re: The future is now [Re: ]
RZFD Offline
Post Master Supreme

Don't bring that up. God I'm terrible and I know it but you get a few beers in me and it's Bon Jovi time!

Edited by RZFD (03/10/16 09:47 AM)

#8583353 - 03/10/16 10:16 AM Re: The future is now [Re: RZFD]
HondaBilly Offline
Post Master Sr

If you like walking, the river valley trails are pretty nice. It's such a tough time of the year though because of weather. But, if it's nice, Hawrelak Park is a great place to start. If you stay downtown it's pretty close to everything.

I had no idea where the Matrix was and had to look it up. I'm pretty close to it at least. You'd be a quick walk to the Legislature, which is not the most entertaining for sight seeing, but the grounds are really nice and there is lots of Alberta government history to see and read. The new visitor center is pretty nice. They usually have some neat government related historical stuff at all times. They recently had the Magna Carta on loan for the public to view. It was pretty interesting.

If you stay there, there is a great Thai place worth checking out. They even have a real ladyboy server. My wife and I go fairly often. https://www.google.ca/maps/dir/Matrix+Ho...41!2d53.5370342

High Level diner and Sugar Bowl are also great places for some decent food. Sugar Bowl has a great beer list, and it's nice to sit on their sidewalk patio and have a drink and people watch. They are local and have been around forever. They are a "quick" walk across the High Level bridge that has some pretty nice views of the city and downtown.

Why are you coming? Business? I would suggest a trip to the mountains, but it's a 3.5-4 hour drive. I would save it for your Calgary trip. It's much closer and easier to just do a day trip.

If you've never been, West Edmonton Mall is still pretty neat to see. Once you live here though you avoid it at all costs. Unless you have some shopping that needs to be done it's just a big mall with an amusement park and a water park inside it.

I've marked you in my calendar, so I can be reminded that you are coming. I will try and keep an eye out for interesting things that are coming up in the city that might be worth checking out.

Are you a golfer at all?

If you stay downtown, there are all sorts of pubs, and bars to check out.

Whyte Ave is close. It's the University party area if clubbing is your thing, but it also has a lot of good pubs and places to eat.

I will update as I think of other things.

#8583400 - 03/10/16 10:52 AM Re: The future is now [Re: HondaBilly]
HondaBilly Offline
Post Master Sr

Apparently the best poutine in Edmonton is close to the High Lever Diner and Sugarbowl. I've never been, but I see they have vegan options, so I might have to try it. (not vegan...lactose intolerant)
https://www.google.ca/maps/dir/Matrix+Ho...!2d53.52324!3e0

Looking up things to do is opening new doors for me.

This area is probably one of my favorites in the city. It's got a great view, there is a ton of places to eat, drink, get coffee, and walk to.

Edited by HondaBilly (03/10/16 11:08 AM)

#8583418 - 03/10/16 11:08 AM Re: The future is now [Re: ]
AMG SiR Offline
Post Master Sr

Sunday. Every waking hour at the show.. lol.
#8583896 - 03/10/16 03:54 PM Re: The future is now [Re: AMG SiR]
Lost^
Unregistered

Unless kids are welcome at the show I might not be able to stop by haha, could meet for beers some time if you're available. Message me on Facebook if you are free, going out for dinner with my sister and gf tomorrow night but could slip away tonight or Saturday most likely.
#8583916 - 03/10/16 04:11 PM Re: The future is now [Re: ]
AMG SiR Offline
Post Master Sr

I'll see about Saturday. It's an 8:30 am to 10 pm day, so I'll have to see if I can manage a beer.. lol I'll message you
#8583923 - 03/10/16 04:17 PM Re: The future is now [Re: RZFD]
Smash Offline
Post Master Supreme

Don't bring that up. God I'm terrible and I know it but you get a few beers in me and it's Bon Jovi time!

O'sullivans by chinook is good for a karaoke shit show.

#8583936 - 03/10/16 04:24 PM Re: The future is now [Re: Smash]
Smash Offline
Post Master Supreme

Moof's daily reminder to post in the west today

"So there's this rcmp officer in BC... they say he's posted in the west"

#8584736 - 03/11/16 10:38 AM Re: The future is now [Re: Smash]
Lost^
Unregistered

That joke was so bad I bled from my eyes reading it
#8585904 - 03/12/16 04:00 PM Re: The future is now [Re: ]
Smash Offline
Post Master Supreme

Here moofy moofy moofy, I know you've been lurking

#8586720 - 03/13/16 11:07 PM Re: The future is now [Re: Smash]
Lost^
Unregistered

Daylight savings time sucks the d
#8586819 - 03/14/16 07:29 AM Re: The future is now [Re: ]
HondaBilly Offline
Post Master Sr

I'm probably in the minority that usually can't wait for daylight savings in the spring.
#8589795 - 03/16/16 01:15 PM Re: The future is now [Re: HondaBilly]
Lost^
Unregistered

That feel when you take your sister and 2 young nieces to the airport for their 7am flight and are told they won't make the flight because it's 2 minutes before the close the flight for accepting baggage.....that feel is rage.

Fuck air canada in it's stupid face. This is the nail in the coffin for giving them any business. Did online check-in yesterday, went in this morning hit up a self check in terminal to print off boarding passes and pay for bag fees, it says to go to customer service for assistance. Wait in line for a few mins and the lady telling people which line to take immediately says they aren't going to make their flight because the flight closes in 2 minutes...I'm like well we're already checked in, why can't we drop off the bags and get them through security?

She ushers us up to a customer service lady, she's like yeahhh oooo not gunna make it...i'm like uhh they were checked in since yesterday and I have been here and already checked in since before the cut off, why can't we get them through? Boarding doesn't start for 15 minutes. Her response was "I don't know"

At this point I'm pretty steamed, I wasn't even looking at her and I mutter 2 fucking minutes, she says to me with tone "why is it our fault that you are late?" I'm like what...the....fuck. I tell her that I was speaking to myself and not to agitate me.

Stunned cunts exist in the world, and she was definitely one. She just wasn't a smart person, or helpful whatsoever. No one was looking/yelling around for the last name to try and get people onboard while we waited to talk to the first air canada lady, we were already checked in, if the self check in machines had just printed off the bag tags we could have dropped them off and got them through security before boarding even started. But nope, just stupidity and pretty much straight rudeness.

They ended up getting booked on a later flight, but instead of getting in at 5pm, they get in a midnight now. I guess my lesson learned is even if you're flying domestic, show up 39 hours early. I think I'll pay extra to fly westjet now.

#8589802 - 03/16/16 01:20 PM Re: The future is now [Re: ]
HondaBilly Offline
Post Master Sr

Air Canada is the worst.
#8590303 - 03/16/16 07:56 PM Re: The future is now [Re: HondaBilly]
RZFD Offline
Post Master Supreme

If you like walking, the river valley trails are pretty nice. It's such a tough time of the year though because of weather. But, if it's nice, Hawrelak Park is a great place to start. If you stay downtown it's pretty close to everything.

I had no idea where the Matrix was and had to look it up. I'm pretty close to it at least. You'd be a quick walk to the Legislature, which is not the most entertaining for sight seeing, but the grounds are really nice and there is lots of Alberta government history to see and read. The new visitor center is pretty nice. They usually have some neat government related historical stuff at all times. They recently had the Magna Carta on loan for the public to view. It was pretty interesting.

If you stay there, there is a great Thai place worth checking out. They even have a real ladyboy server. My wife and I go fairly often. https://www.google.ca/maps/dir/Matrix+Ho...41!2d53.5370342

High Level diner and Sugar Bowl are also great places for some decent food. Sugar Bowl has a great beer list, and it's nice to sit on their sidewalk patio and have a drink and people watch. They are local and have been around forever. They are a "quick" walk across the High Level bridge that has some pretty nice views of the city and downtown.

Why are you coming? Business? I would suggest a trip to the mountains, but it's a 3.5-4 hour drive. I would save it for your Calgary trip. It's much closer and easier to just do a day trip.

If you've never been, West Edmonton Mall is still pretty neat to see. Once you live here though you avoid it at all costs. Unless you have some shopping that needs to be done it's just a big mall with an amusement park and a water park inside it.

I've marked you in my calendar, so I can be reminded that you are coming. I will try and keep an eye out for interesting things that are coming up in the city that might be worth checking out.

Are you a golfer at all?

Whyte Ave is close. It's the University party area if clubbing is your thing, but it also has a lot of good pubs and places to eat.

Thanks for the write up! I'm coming on business, but I'm not a golfer at all unless you feel like teaching me.

#8590416 - 03/16/16 09:33 PM Re: The future is now [Re: RZFD]
Smash Offline
Post Master Supreme

wait a min... so you show up roughly 30 mins before the flight leaves and you dont understand why your baggage cant make it on? If they would have made it through security and made the gate they would have been fine. But that isnt nearly enough time for them to get the bags on the plane.

Oh and fuck westjet. Their seats a tiny. Every 2nd trip I take with them they leave my shit in another city. No free upgrades to 1st class. I avoid them like the plague.

#8590522 - 03/17/16 07:28 AM Re: The future is now [Re: RZFD]
HondaBilly Offline
Post Master Sr

Are you a golfer at all?

Thanks for the write up! I'm coming on business, but I'm not a golfer at all unless you feel like teaching me.

I'm also not a golfer. I do enjoy the driving range though, and there is a pretty decent one in the river valley that should be open by then.

#8590745 - 03/17/16 10:55 AM Re: The future is now [Re: Smash]
Lost^
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: Pynch
wait a min... so you show up roughly 30 mins before the flight leaves and you dont understand why your baggage cant make it on? If they would have made it through security and made the gate they would have been fine. But that isnt nearly enough time for them to get the bags on the plane.

Oh and fuck westjet. Their seats a tiny. Every 2nd trip I take with them they leave my shit in another city. No free upgrades to 1st class. I avoid them like the plague.

No we showed up an hour early, used the self check in terminals to print off boarding passes and pay bag fees, then it told us to contact the customer service agents for bag tags, then from here waiting to speak to someone they're like lol you late now, you fucked. In the time we waited and tried to sort things out they told us we're late and the flight is closed now.

I wish Canada had more than just 2 major airlines.

#8596979 - 03/22/16 01:46 PM Re: The future is now [Re: ]
RZFD Offline
Post Master Supreme

Looks like I'll be there part of the week of the 18th as well. Might as well stay the weekend, but now I'll have to change my inbound flight...
#8599437 - 03/24/16 10:06 AM Re: The future is now [Re: RZFD]
RZFD Offline
Post Master Supreme

Okay confirmed for April 21st through the 29th, staying at the Matrix Hotel in Downtown Edmonton.
Page 2 of 18 <12345>Last »

Moderator:  Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads