Page 13 of 16 « First<1112131415>Last »
Topic Options
#9795682 - 04/27/20 08:56 PM Re: now we have car detail, how about a thread for lawn detail? [Re: Simon_the_Pieman]
zaius Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Toronto
i spoke too soon. the raccoon/skunk found a hole around my plastic spikes and through an opening of my snow fence.

left me a big ass platter of sh!t. MOTHER F'CKER. going to have to lay down the rest of my spikes

#9795686 - 04/27/20 09:06 PM Re: now we have car detail, how about a thread for lawn detail? [Re: zaius]
A2B-Lexus Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Raptors Land
Try pepper flakes....getting that stuff up their nose will make them think twice.
#9795728 - 04/27/20 10:58 PM Re: now we have car detail, how about a thread for lawn detail? [Re: A2B-Lexus]
Big Tasty Offline
Post Master Supreme

Try ammonia or mothballs.

Pretty cheap and very strong smell.
https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/frank-ammonia-all-purpose-cleaner-1-8-l-0532487p.html

#9795944 - 04/28/20 10:41 AM Re: now we have car detail, how about a thread for lawn detail? [Re: Big Tasty]
zaius Offline
Post Master Sr

ok thanks. i tried bleach on a rolled up towel and that only stopped them for a few days.

i think i'll try mothballs. at least the rain can't really wash them away too much

#9796563 - 04/28/20 04:46 PM Re: now we have car detail, how about a thread for lawn detail? [Re: zaius]
LNXGUY Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Barrie, Ont,
Try a 12g. They work.

#9796690 - 04/28/20 06:45 PM Re: now we have car detail, how about a thread for lawn detail? [Re: LNXGUY]
Wildout Offline
Post Master Jr

Originally Posted By: LNXGUY
Try a 12g. They work.

Fuck I need this for the number of rabbits I get in my yard

#9796726 - 04/28/20 07:06 PM Re: now we have car detail, how about a thread for lawn detail? [Re: Wildout]
Risky Business Offline
Provides a Great Work Environment. he/him
Post Master Supreme

Did you overseed yet?

I aerated front and back now debating if i should throw down seen.

#9797148 - 04/29/20 09:14 AM Re: now we have car detail, how about a thread for lawn detail? [Re: Risky Business]
Big Tasty Offline
Post Master Supreme

I'm going to put down the weed and feed on Saturday after all this rain is done. It's supposed to be a warm weekend.

Although would it be better to lay down topsoil and overseed first and leave the weed and feed for when the grass gets going?

#9797210 - 04/29/20 10:09 AM Re: now we have car detail, how about a thread for lawn detail? [Re: Risky Business]
Wildout Offline
Post Master Jr

Originally Posted By: Risky Business
Did you overseed yet?

I aerated front and back now debating if i should throw down seen.

Nope still too cold.

But since you've already aerated you might as well because you've opened up the ground and any weed seeds that didn't germinate the previous years will do so now.

Throw down some fertilizer as well.

#9797219 - 04/29/20 10:15 AM Re: now we have car detail, how about a thread for lawn detail? [Re: Big Tasty]
Wildout Offline
Post Master Jr

Originally Posted By: Big Tasty
I'm going to put down the weed and feed on Saturday after all this rain is done. It's supposed to be a warm weekend.

Depends on your plans. If you plan on overseeding in spring you CANNOT use any weed & feed fertilizer. Anything bought locally to kill weeds won't allow any seeds to germinate once you do overseed. If it was fertilizer only that's fine.

If you rather overseed in the fall then the weed and feed is fine.

Fertilizing now is okay, it just forces the lawn to wake up early, which is perfect if you have Kentucy Blue Grass as it will spread to fill in the bare patches.

It sucks because you'll have to start your mowing season early.

Although would it be better to lay down topsoil and overseed first and leave the weed and feed for when the grass gets going?

The best time to laydown topsoil and overseed is when the grass is actively growing otherwise you'll smoother it. But if for timing sake due to life's scheduling should you only have time to do your fertilizer application (Not weed & feed) this weekend that's fine.

Worst case scenario you'll just have to add more seed when the temperatures warm up.

#9798366 - 04/30/20 01:31 PM Re: now we have car detail, how about a thread for lawn detail? [Re: Wildout]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Toronto, ON
So, I finally upgraded from the Mattel kids lawn mower (weed whacker on wheels) to a real tool

Fucking thing is nuts, not used to a real lawn mower yet, so may have cut it too short

Edited by furball (05/17/20 02:52 PM)

#9811639 - 05/17/20 12:55 AM Re: now we have car detail, how about a thread for lawn detail? [Re: furball]
civic13 Offline
Post Master

Loc: You Know
So my in-laws want me to buy/order some weed killer/control and some weed and feed for them. I have the good stuff from the states still and don't want to give any of that up \:\/

What's something that is kinda effective that crappy tire/Lowes/HD/ etc sells or what do you use?

#9813055 - 05/19/20 09:12 AM Re: now we have car detail, how about a thread for lawn detail? [Re: civic13]
Screamin Type ARGH! Offline
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

Loc: T.O. - Canaduh
spent 3.5hrs on the front/back lawn this past weekend. holy fuck i am sore lol \:\(

next weekend will be planting fruit/veggies and some herbs in the backyard setup. \:\)

"Ban low performance drivers, not high performance cars"

#9822995 - 05/30/20 10:31 PM Re: now we have car detail, how about a thread for lawn detail? [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
civic13 Offline
Post Master

Loc: You Know
What does everyone do with their grass clippings? Even though I mulch I find I still have grass clippings leftover.

Same with thatch. Do you dump it somewhere in your backyard?

#9823301 - 05/31/20 05:00 PM Re: now we have car detail, how about a thread for lawn detail? [Re: civic13]
zaius Offline
Post Master Sr

Originally Posted By: civic13
What does everyone do with their grass clippings? Even though I mulch I find I still have grass clippings leftover.

Same with thatch. Do you dump it somewhere in your backyard?

since the city won't pick up clippings, i just mulch and leave it on my lawn. it dries and leaves weird yellow streaks but oh well. i'm too lazy to bag and dump it in a corner. that shit will reek.

#9823586 - 06/01/20 07:17 AM Re: now we have car detail, how about a thread for lawn detail? [Re: zaius]
c2k Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Wiesloch-Walldorf, Germany
city garbage bin is where the grass clipping goes

#9823624 - 06/01/20 08:53 AM Re: now we have car detail, how about a thread for lawn detail? [Re: c2k]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

I've never bagged clippings, but looks like I will in this new hood; all the white neighbours probably looking at me like I'm a savage with all the clippings and pulled-weeds all over:| (I pick up pulled weeds and hand-fulls of clippings 1-2 days after they've been dried.)

Toro comes with a white fabric clipping bag ... Why white? ...

Edited by furball (06/01/20 08:55 AM)

#9826188 - 06/03/20 12:24 PM Re: now we have car detail, how about a thread for lawn detail? [Re: zaius]
f22b-dohc Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: canadia
 Originally Posted By: zaius
ok thanks. i tried bleach on a rolled up towel and that only stopped them for a few days.

i think i'll try mothballs. at least the rain can't really wash them away too much

i have cats and dumped the used litter on the holes the skunks dug. the family left and none have come back

#9862417 - 07/20/20 07:30 AM Re: now we have car detail, how about a thread for lawn detail? [Re: f22b-dohc]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

I'm overtaken by crabgrass... (At first I couldn't figure it out, as there was a star-shaped version, then a long-grass version that split into 2 leaves)

Short of setting fire to my lawn (which, large portions are dried to shit), anything off the shelf?

I see some RoundUp stuff in Canada which are non-selective (i.e. kills everything). I've been reading loopholes about certain pesticides (i.e. RoundUp versions), that if you 'promise' you're using it to kill Poison Ivy, and not 'for cosmetic purposes for your lawn', that you can use?

Or call the Weed Man?

#9862434 - 07/20/20 08:04 AM Re: now we have car detail, how about a thread for lawn detail? [Re: furball]
Simon_the_Pieman Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: The A
you have any american weed killer that kill crabgrass too?

#9862497 - 07/20/20 09:41 AM Re: now we have car detail, how about a thread for lawn detail? [Re: Simon_the_Pieman]
SuPeR-MaRiO Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Toronto, Ontario
Fuckin' crabgrass all over the place
#9863207 - 07/20/20 09:09 PM Re: now we have car detail, how about a thread for lawn detail? [Re: SuPeR-MaRiO]
zaius Offline
Post Master Sr

good luck with crabgrass. you'll need to have put down a pre-emergent back in the spring like prodiamine.

crabgrass is an annual weed. it'll die off in the winter but will produce seeds in september. you gotta rip it out and make sure it doesn't sprout seeds. those seeds are dormant till spring when the start germinating.

#9863589 - 07/21/20 11:54 AM Re: now we have car detail, how about a thread for lawn detail? [Re: zaius]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

It's gotten pretty bad.

I'm sitting on a little stool like a white-Chinaman, pulling the weeds by hand So far it's backbreaking work; it'll get worse and I might give up when I do the front lawn, as I'll have neighbours looking at me like

Called WeedMan, they were like wtf um yeah we can't kill crabgrass

Originally Posted By: zaius
crabgrass is an annual weed. it'll die off in the winter but will produce seeds in september. you gotta rip it out and make sure it doesn't sprout seeds. those seeds are dormant till spring when the start germinating.

Edited by furball (07/21/20 11:54 AM)

#9863643 - 07/21/20 12:43 PM Re: now we have car detail, how about a thread for lawn detail? [Re: furball]
zaius Offline
Post Master Sr

https://www.seedranch.ca/Prodiamine-65-WDG-5-Lbs-p/prodiamine-65-wdg-5-lbs.htm

share with a friend

#9863973 - 07/21/20 05:35 PM Re: now we have car detail, how about a thread for lawn detail? [Re: zaius]
Screamin Type ARGH! Offline
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

Loc: T.O. - Canaduh
My grass looks like pee /Ralph Screamin

"Ban low performance drivers, not high performance cars"

#10026341 - 03/22/21 10:29 PM Re: now we have car detail, how about a thread for lawn detail? [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

I'm about to throw down a few hundy to Weed Man .... They have this little disclaimer that it suppresses 20-60% crabgrass, takes a few yrs to deal with crabgrass, yadda yadda yadda,...

and considering picking up the above Prodiamine ... with a manual pump sprayer... If it doesn't burn the fuck outta the grass, the year after I'll pick up a cordless battery-operated Ryobi backpack.

Last year was just a fucking disaster with the crabgrass ... my shitty grass became patchy like balmy islands, and the crabgrass just took over like 75% of the area. It was the ugliest thing I've ever seen...

Any other tips besides lighting the whole grassy area on fire?

Edited by furball (03/26/21 11:06 AM)

#10026434 - 03/23/21 08:24 AM Re: now we have car detail, how about a thread for lawn detail? [Re: furball]
Big Tasty Offline
Post Master Supreme

Ya, I may throw in the towel and pay for a service. My lawn is crap and I'm throwing money down the drain and wasting time trying to get it lookin good/keeping weeds away.

As someone on RFD say, play a service every second year to maintain without breaking the bank.

#10028679 - 03/26/21 11:05 AM Re: now we have car detail, how about a thread for lawn detail? [Re: Big Tasty]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

I ordered Weed Man, and called in to confirm they got my order ... Lady told me straight up 'The crab grass stuff ain't all that great, so if you had it last year, you might not be happy with the service. Let me have Bob come out and take a look, and if we need to change things up we will...'

(They don't do the crab grass suppression shit until May/June I think...)

Edited by furball (03/26/21 11:05 AM)

#10029287 - 03/27/21 05:35 AM Re: now we have car detail, how about a thread for lawn detail? [Re: Big Tasty]
Risky Business Offline
Provides a Great Work Environment. he/him
Post Master Supreme

Ya, I may throw in the towel and pay for a service. My lawn is crap and I'm throwing money down the drain and wasting time trying to get it lookin good/keeping weeds away.

As someone on RFD say, play a service every second year to maintain without breaking the bank.

If you find a well reviewed service let me know cost/what they do.

#10029770 - 03/28/21 05:22 PM Re: now we have car detail, how about a thread for lawn detail? [Re: Risky Business]
Wildout Offline
Post Master Jr

DO NOT PAY for any service locally.

Due to our laws, no treatment can be done to fix your lawn. PERIOD!

Order Prodiamine or Tenacity from the States for crabgrass, but in doing so know that you'll have a thin lawn all summer as I'm guessing you don't have enough actual grass. So once the weeds are gone it'll look bare.

Most importantly there's a schedule, temps, cutting height etc on when to do anything to your lawn. It's simple but people complicate it.

In terms of what you should be doing this week & next. Clean up your lawn or any and all debris. Rocks, sand, poo, leaves etc.

That means raking, bringing in the soil to level out the dips and valley's in the lawn.

And stop following what the neighbour does. Each lawn is different and requires a different plan depending on how much time you have.

#10029782 - 03/28/21 05:40 PM Re: now we have car detail, how about a thread for lawn detail? [Re: Wildout]
porschetr Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: WBridge
Saw a bag of Grub Killer at Costco.
Haven't seen that before.
It was over $80 for a small grass bag size.

#10032318 - 04/01/21 10:42 AM Re: now we have car detail, how about a thread for lawn detail? [Re: porschetr]
LNXGUY Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Barrie, Ont,
My plan for my lawn this year.

Cut it when it gets high enough.

Drink beer.

#10034575 - 04/06/21 11:01 AM Re: now we have car detail, how about a thread for lawn detail? [Re: Wildout]
c2k Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Wiesloch-Walldorf, Germany
 Originally Posted By: Wildout
DO NOT PAY for any service locally.

Due to our laws, no treatment can be done to fix your lawn. PERIOD!

Order Prodiamine or Tenacity from the States for crabgrass, but in doing so know that you'll have a thin lawn all summer as I'm guessing you don't have enough actual grass. So once the weeds are gone it'll look bare.

Most importantly there's a schedule, temps, cutting height etc on when to do anything to your lawn. It's simple but people complicate it.

In terms of what you should be doing this week & next. Clean up your lawn or any and all debris. Rocks, sand, poo, leaves etc.

That means raking, bringing in the soil to level out the dips and valley's in the lawn.

And stop following what the neighbour does. Each lawn is different and requires a different plan depending on how much time you have.

I'd totally be ok if you lay out a lawn care plan and schedule for CSi Ontario and we can follow your guidelines.

I've raked and detached my lawn and my next question is - when do I fertilize and seed? I've got some bare spots from the raccoons digging up the grubs.

#10035237 - 04/07/21 11:53 AM Re: now we have car detail, how about a thread for lawn detail? [Re: c2k]
zaius Offline
Post Master Sr

i just sprayed down some prodiamine and spread some fertilizer last night.

i only seed in the fall. in the spring i pray that my fall grass seeds have rooted and will grow now.

#10036503 - 04/09/21 10:45 AM Re: now we have car detail, how about a thread for lawn detail? [Re: zaius]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

Just got a big ass bag of prodiamine from SeedRanch ... they didn't even provide it in a jug wtf...

Already thinking about what to post here when I realized I've burnt all the fucking grass by using that shit incorrectly

I already have dandelions growing like mad already ... what should I also have picked up from SeedRanch for shit like that? (I also have some weird purple flowers popping up hard too wtf..)

(I already have those big jugs of useless shit from Costco/Home Depot Canada that don't work.)

Edited by furball (04/09/21 10:53 AM)

Page 13 of 16 « First<1112131415>Last »

Moderator:  c2k, LNXGUY, TheRealCSnapper, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads