Page 21 of 23 « First<1920212223>
Topic Options
#10201901 - 01/30/22 08:56 AM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: 4Three]
c2k Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Wiesloch-Walldorf, Germany
 Originally Posted By: 4Three
There is some coverage, but being possibly the largest truck convoy ever, it's not getting the coverage it deserves. And coincidentally, just as they arrive in Ottawa, our poor PM is self isolating for covid contact ... even tho he doesn't have to. Then you have all the politicians who have been mute forever, suddenly coming out "go truckers".

The so called alt-right convoy certainly do not deserve the coverage and respect. Im all for peaceful protest, but this isn't even a protest, not even close.

Actions speaks louder than words and they do not resonate well with the rest of Canada.

https://www.reddit.com/r/onguardforthee/...freedom_convoy/ \:\|

oMG, muH FrEeDumB is tHe HurTz!

#10202385 - 01/31/22 10:37 AM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: c2k]
4Three Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Markham, ON, Canada
That's horrible for sure. But interestingly, if you look harder, you'll also find videos of protesters cleaning up the Terry Fox statue.

Link

It's reasonable to assume that in such large groups, whatever the group, there may be some bad actors. Some might even suggest there are implants to steer the narrative for the media. Whatever the case, I think it's very apparent that our mainstream media has an agenda and we don't get an unbiased version of events from them. I personally, and I think a lot of people also, have lost faith and trust in fair reporting. What it has turned into is fear and hate from ever divergent tribes. It shouldn't be too much to ask for facts to be reported instead of right wing or left wing opinions. We're all smart enough to form or own opinions if you give us the straight facts.

Whereas the leader of the country should be uniting us, he's used language to further drive a wedge. Comparing unvaccinated people to racists and misogynists. And when there were reports of droves of trucks leaving BC and he comes out saying it's a small fringe minority, with unacceptable views; that's very a dismissive stance to take. The truck convoy is possibly the largest ever, so no big deal, right Prime Minister?

Likewise, if you look harder, you'll realise the convoy was predominantly a peaceful, diverse crowd, chanting for freedom. You don't need to agree with them or their cause. But for the media to report it with the slant that it was Nazi flags and white supremacists disingenuous at the very least.

#10202773 - 01/31/22 04:53 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: c2k]
SuPeR-MaRiO Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Toronto, Ontario
 Originally Posted By: c2k
The so called alt-right convoy certainly do not deserve the coverage and respect. Im all for peaceful protest, but this isn't even a protest, not even close.

Mission accomplished. The media have done an outstanding job hiding it. If it isn't a protest, what is it?

I whole heartedly agree that they should not have defaced a statue as prestigious as Terry Fox. However, where were the people that are complaining about it when so many other statues were defaced, torn down and destroyed during many other "peaceful protests"? I bet its the same people that were crying to "defund the police" that are now saying the police should get involved and put an end to this protest. You're right all the rioting done the US, those are peaceful protests. The churches burnt down in Chile, those were peaceful protests. \:\|

I'm not for inconveniencing people due to a protest, and luckily I was not affected. But they're not doing anything illegal.

Let's put aside why they are protesting. Put aside whether they are "anti-vaxx". What happened to freedom of speech? Can they not voice their concerns? Or does it only count when it fits a certain agenda?

As for the Nazi flag, well it goes without saying that its just one fucktard and there weren't hundreds of flags. I wouldn't be surprised if he was planted there. (*gasp* wait not! that doesn't happen!)

Do you know how many journalists, politicians, media outlets etc were DYING for this to become a violent protest? Sadly for them, it was not.

#10202965 - 02/01/22 06:30 AM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: SuPeR-MaRiO]
BroKe Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Markham, Ontario
Fuck these people. Bunch of idiots. Wtf are you protesting? Really. Bunch of people throwing a tantrum cause they can't have their way during a pandemic. Get over it. This ain't Burger King. You can't have it your way. All I see is alot of privilege and entitlement. Pathetic.
#10203018 - 02/01/22 08:18 AM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: BroKe]
SuPeR-MaRiO Offline
Post Master Sr

I guess you're right. They only represent 54% of the population

https://www.castanet.net/news/Canada/358...Angus-Reid-poll

#10203032 - 02/01/22 08:53 AM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: SuPeR-MaRiO]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Toronto, ON
In other news, the toddler (Germ Vector) is positive. Highest probability is it came from pre-school. Fever for the past 2 days, nose like a goopy tap.

Stuck on me all day and night (sleeping on me like a mattress on the Lazy Boy.) ... All adults wearing KN95's at home (even slept a few hours in one), Clorox wipes all day everywhere...

Trying to isolate the infant and wife as much as possible from Germ Vector.

Remaining adults and infant brother all tested negative on rapid tests. Wife also tested negative ala PCR. I'll be headed out for PCR soon.

Edited by furball (02/01/22 08:56 AM)

#10203450 - 02/01/22 02:55 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: SuPeR-MaRiO]
BroKe Offline
Post Master Sr

Originally Posted By: SuPeR-MaRiO
I guess you're right. They only represent 54% of the population

https://www.castanet.net/news/Canada/358...Angus-Reid-poll

Wtf is this jank website. Ya Imma trust those stats lmao. Well the convoy happened. What exactly did they accomplish? Absolutely nothing.

#10203719 - 02/01/22 11:31 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: BroKe]
SuPeR-MaRiO Offline
Post Master Sr

I'm going to guess you didn't read the summary of the Angus Reid report in that link. I'm also going to guess you didn't read the entire report which was also linked on that page. I'm also going to guess you aren't familiar with the Angus Reid Institute and what they do.
#10204052 - 02/02/22 11:47 AM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: SuPeR-MaRiO]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_burn_centres_in_Canada#Ontario

I'm going to guess you didn't read the summary of the Angus Reid report in that link. I'm also going to guess you didn't read the entire report which was also linked on that page. I'm also going to guess you aren't familiar with the Angus Reid Institute and what they do.

#10204075 - 02/02/22 12:05 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: furball]
Simon_the_Pieman Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: The A
 Originally Posted By: furball

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_burn_centres_in_Canada#Ontario

#10204241 - 02/02/22 02:28 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: Simon_the_Pieman]
Risky Business Offline
Provides a Great Work Environment. he/him
Post Master Supreme

#10204274 - 02/02/22 02:44 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: BroKe]
355-Si Offline
Post Master Sr

Hey man, I don’t know if it’s me, but if you just dialed down your rhetoric you probably wouldn’t get replies like Super Mario’s.

Everyone here’s an adult and we may all have different opinions about what people are saying and doing, but ridiculing people in this pandemic doesn’t lead to a productive conversation.

We’re all learning. I think we can state our opinions without ripping apart the people who don’t think along the same wavelength.

#10204324 - 02/02/22 03:16 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: 355-Si]
SuPeR-MaRiO Offline
Post Master Sr

Very well put.

We aren't CSi:OT in here, I like to think that we are a little more respectful to each other. For the record, I'm not an anti-vaxxer and to be honest I don't think the truckers are either (whether thats their underlying motive might be a different conversation). Heck, I'm not even sure on the effectiveness of protests. But what I do know is this: the truckers are not alone, far from it. Right or wrong they have a right to protest in a civilized manner and have their voices heard. Perhaps the fact that the Canadian media was/is not accurately reporting on the topic and covering it the way that they would any other movement might say something. I certainly do not group this into the same misinformation topic surrounding Rogan and Spotify.

#10204473 - 02/02/22 05:00 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: SuPeR-MaRiO]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

I love stirring up the hornets nest in OT. \:D
#10204552 - 02/02/22 06:06 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: Risky Business]
BroKe Offline
Post Master Sr

How's that convoy doing tho. Mission accomplished?
#10204715 - 02/02/22 10:20 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: BroKe]
4Three Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Markham, ON, Canada
Coutts border fucked up. Ottawa police hinting at possibly needing military assistance. GoFundMe raising $10mil. Liberal Parliament members asking for an end to the "lockdown" of Ottawa. Convoy pop-up soon in Queens Park. The world is paying attention. I'd say mission accomplished. And just wait for the cost bump in everything.

Just to echo 355-Si, I don't get why people get so angry about differing opinions. If you don't agree, and aren't interested, don't listen; just go back to your own life. I hardly ever agree with whatever the teachers are going on strike about, but I fully support their right to voice their issues, even if it's at an inconvenience to me. I'm not so insecure that I worry that we're not all thinking or believing the same things. In fact, that's what makes things better over time; having your convictions challenged.

An we don't advance conversation by shutting people up. Let everyone speak. Then we can all form our own opinions. Be compassionate to everyone, even those who don't agree. Life's too short! I'm generally never on the same page as CBC, but I'll occasionally listen to their talk shows just so I can understand the people who think differently than me.

Even with the whole Spotify and Joe Rogan thing. Why is anyone applauding Neil Young's ultimatum? Don't want to share a platform with Rogan? Just leave quietly. Instead he makes some public stink about it. So immature. And the snowball effect of that is team Young vs team Rogan. Cancel this, cancel that. This world is fucked. So much drama.

#10204750 - 02/03/22 03:03 AM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: 4Three]
BroKe Offline
Post Master Sr

Nah these ppl can fuck right off
#10204835 - 02/03/22 08:52 AM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: Risky Business]
SuPeR-MaRiO Offline
Post Master Sr

Originally Posted By: Risky Business
I love stirring up the hornets nest in OT. \:D

Really? I never noticed ...

#10204857 - 02/03/22 09:13 AM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: SuPeR-MaRiO]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

My safe space is the Ontario forum, we may not agree, but it doesn't become a shitfest. Furball handles the jabs well for example \:D
#10207953 - 02/09/22 08:12 AM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: Risky Business]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

https://www.cp24.com/news/ontario-s-heal...tests-1.5774099

Announcement at 11:30am...

Quote:
On Tuesday, sources told CTV News Toronto that approximately five million tests will soon be available each week through grocery stores and a kit containing five tests will be available per household for each visit.

#10207960 - 02/09/22 08:17 AM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: furball]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

I've been WAITING for this for 2 years.
#10208022 - 02/09/22 09:25 AM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: Risky Business]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

I'm hearing they'll also distribute at pharmacies.

Not sure if they'll distribute these at the burn units tho ... \:\|

I've been WAITING for this for 2 years.

#10208032 - 02/09/22 09:28 AM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: furball]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

Update on the Furball Fam:
- We got hit.

#10208132 - 02/09/22 10:28 AM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: furball]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

Glad things are looking up!

Maybe you can treat yourself now to not sleeping with a KN95!!

#10208449 - 02/09/22 02:46 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: Risky Business]
titty sprinkles Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto,Ontario
and in some parts of the world mandates are fully done with. no mask no nothing, back to life.

Edited by titty sprinkles (02/09/22 02:46 PM)

#10236472 - 04/02/22 08:03 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: titty sprinkles]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

Anyone else feeling anti-social now that capacity/mask mandates are all lifted?

The toddler's pre-school will continue with masks until April 15, for all adults entering (picking up/dropping off), and I'm guessing all the teachers too.

Anecdotes / random news here 'n there is saying waste water analysis is showing something like... 20-30k positive cases a day in Ontario? Fuuuuuuuuuck.

And Omicron BA.2 isn't the new hotness, it's XE or some shit...

https://www.scmp.com/news/china/science/...orried-about-it

Edited by furball (04/02/22 08:04 PM)

#10236477 - 04/02/22 08:46 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: furball]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

Forgot my mask today, walked into loblaws without one, a couple of SHOCKED looks (fuck off) but business as usual. I still wear it just not to have to talk to or deal with any dumbfuck that may have something to say, but as it gets hotter I will probably stop.

On the flipside, was at Princess Auto (mask on), 90% of people inside no mask.

#10236575 - 04/03/22 10:17 AM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: Risky Business]
355-Si Offline
Post Master Sr

I haven’t worn a mask at work except for patient care (as mandated by work.)

Outside of work, I stopped wearing a mask… there are some who obviously still do, but no one has bothered me nor looked at me funny. Just like I don’t look at them funny for wearing it.

Edit: omicron, or BA-2 or whatever is most transmissible now, is weak and won’t hospitalize anywhere near what it used to be for Delta (or the variant before that.). It’s essentially a cold now.

Edited by 355-Si (04/03/22 10:19 AM)

#10236589 - 04/03/22 11:19 AM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: 355-Si]
SuPeR-MaRiO Offline
Post Master Sr

Feedback I've heard was that in Toronto most people are wearing masks whereas in York, Durham, Peel etc most people are not wearing them.
#10236632 - 04/03/22 01:29 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: SuPeR-MaRiO]
A2B-Lexus Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Raptors Land
in Markham, I feel 80% of people still wear it.

When I was at Dollarama to grab something, the highschool kids inside didn't mask.

#10236656 - 04/03/22 02:43 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: A2B-Lexus]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

Yea in Markham I'd say easily 80% if not more of people wear them (Markville Mall/Lobalws/etc).
#10236699 - 04/03/22 05:10 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: Risky Business]
355-Si Offline
Post Master Sr

Just transported a likely covid. Just gastro symptoms.

Yesterday had a Covid positive (unvaccinated)… cancelled them off and they stayed home.

Otherwise, haven’t done a Covid in a very long time.

#10236816 - 04/04/22 07:25 AM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: Risky Business]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

I was wondering what our resident agents in here do on the regular, seeing as you'd see clients (Risky & Hatorade) ...

Forgot my mask today, walked into loblaws without one...

Wife said the hospitals are still full-blown mask/face shields? Though not full-blown disposable gowns/etc like in the middle of the pandemic?
 Originally Posted By: 355-Si
I haven’t worn a mask at work except for patient care (as mandated by work.)

There's some gastro shit going on in and around town, guessing the toddler is the germ vector ... diarrhea and shit .... Toddler just came down with a light fever yesterday (went for a hike in the morning, then kid's bday party held outdoors) ... RAT came back negative... She's staying home for the day.

#10236989 - 04/04/22 10:43 AM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: furball]
Simon_the_Pieman Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: The A
see a mixed bag throughout gta. all good if you still want to. all good if you dont. idgaf.

personally i dont wear my mask unless im entering a client space just out of respect.

grocery, store, restaurant i dont feel the need to wear one.

#10237034 - 04/04/22 11:59 AM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: furball]
355-Si Offline
Post Master Sr

In the healthcare setting, N95 respirators and eye protection are required in patient care environments.

That won't be changing for a while, if at all... because it's a protective layer that was always supposed to be in place but fell off due to a certain amount of "comfort" in the job.

I used to intubate with gloves only. Now it's N95 and eye protection (which was always the standard... but it didn't happen before.)
We're even supposed to wear gowns for that, but last night I didn't have a gown on... just gloves, eye protection and N95.

A Point of Care Assessment is to be done and from that, you do some screening and determine the PPT required. But an N95 and eye protection are still minimum standards in healthcare.

There's definitely a gastro thing going around. It isn't covid, but it'll keep you home for a couple of days.

Page 21 of 23 « First<1920212223>

Moderator:  c2k, LNXGUY, TheRealCSnapper, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads