Page 20 of 23 « First<1819202122>Last »
Topic Options
#10182871 - 12/31/21 02:53 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: The Postman]
355-Si Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Toronto, Ontario
ER is definitely a gong show full of people looking to get PCR tests. Come on people, gtfo!

As far as offload delay, it's not too bad here in Toronto.
Scarborough was having a tough time about a month ago because they launched a new software that people were acclimatizing to. But otherwise, not bad.

#10183385 - 01/02/22 09:41 AM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: 355-Si]
robbbby Offline
master electrician
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Canada
Pretty sure I'm positive even though antigen test showed negative. Windsor/Essex is so overwhelmed it's near impossible to get a PCR test, and to be honest, I don't care enough to know if it's a cold or covid.

I've been fine during the days, but once nightfall rolls around my cough and sinuses are just going crazy. Sleeping has been terrible because throat hurts so much and I can't stop coughing. Get up, have a tea and I'm as good as new. This has repeated for 3 days now.

Dead give away to make me believe it's covid is my breathing. Wednesday before I had any real symptoms, I was doing a workout on the bike, I couldn't finish, was just gasping for air which isn't normal at all for the effort I was exerting. Right then i was like fuck, I know what's happening, and sure enough the rest of the symptoms followed.

CN - goodnight sweet prince

#10183972 - 01/03/22 12:12 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: robbbby]
Big Tasty Online   pandAr
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto
Looks like we are back to online schooling. Haven't seen anything from the Toronto school boards yet:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/c...sures-1.6302531

Quote:
Ontario is moving schools online for at least two weeks, temporarily closing indoor dining and gyms and pausing non-urgent medical procedures as it faces record-high case counts that, according to public health officials, threaten to overwhelm the province's health-care system.

Premier Doug Ford announced the changes at a morning news conference Monday. He was joined by his ministers of health, education and finance, as well Ontario's chief medical officer of health and the CEO of Ontario Health.

#10183973 - 01/03/22 12:12 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: robbbby]
Screamin Type ARGH! Offline
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

Loc: T.O. - Canaduh
annnnnnnnd yeah fuck this fucking gov to hell.

and the fear mongering media.

"Ban low performance drivers, not high performance cars"

#10183983 - 01/03/22 12:25 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
Risky Business Offline
Provides a Great Work Environment. he/him
Post Master Supreme

Unreal, this place is a fucking joke.
#10183995 - 01/03/22 12:37 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: Risky Business]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Toronto, ON
At one point about a month ago, I caught some shit from the toddler's pre-school ...

It wasn't covid (confirmed via PCR), but fuck did it rip right thru the family ... Had a sore throat for well over a week, it got so bad I felt my throat swell at night and apparently I was snoring like a freight train...

The 5-mth old was diagnosed with croup, then an RSV pneumonia from the same shit from pre-school .... (Confirmed via PCR tests on mother + toddler at the time not covid.)

Some of these symptoms could be the dry air in the winter ... We have humidifiers running at night in the bedrooms --- toddler's bedroom feels like the amazon ... (have them on cold or warm mist...)

Edited by furball (01/03/22 12:38 PM)

#10184061 - 01/03/22 02:42 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: furball]
c2k Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Wiesloch-Walldorf, Germany
Fuck DoFo Trump Lite and time to vote his ass out in June.

#10184346 - 01/04/22 08:01 AM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: c2k]
4Three Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Markham, ON, Canada
Given how the Ontario government had responded in the past two years, was it really a surprised that we're going back to lockdown? It's stupid, and small businesses are slowly getting snuffed out.

Curious tho, what better ideas have we got and who would have the stomach to carry it out? Everyone is scared that COVID is a death sentence. I don't think any politician would risk not closing stuff down.

#10184354 - 01/04/22 08:14 AM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: 4Three]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

Ihu wat

Quote:
France detects new COVID-19 variant 'IHU', more infectious than Omicron.
The new variant — B.1.640.2 — which has been detected in 12 patients near Marseille, contains 46 mutations, making it more resistant to vaccines and infectious

https://www.firstpost.com/health/france-...t-10256521.html

#10184394 - 01/04/22 09:04 AM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: furball]
Post Master Supreme

Well at this point Covid is not going away. Israel is already doing 4 doses of vaccines and that was with Omicron, not even the new shit out.

This is the new reality.

#10184398 - 01/04/22 09:09 AM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: Big Tasty]
Post Master Supreme

Oh and:

https://www.cnbctv18.com/healthcare/expl...on-12001862.htm

At a time when the world is gripped with the Omicron variant of COVID-19, a woman who recently gave birth in Israel has been diagnosed with flu and COVID-19 simultaneously, a condition which is being dubbed as the ‘flurona,’ media reports said.

According to experts, ‘flurona’ is not a new variant, but a case of double infection of the coronavirus and the influenza virus. The presence of both viruses could result in full range of severe symptoms including pneumonia, respiratory complications and myocarditis, which could lead to death if left untreated.
Israeli health officials have warned of a “twindemic” that could lead to patients swarming the hospitals with flu and COVID-19.

#10184600 - 01/04/22 11:02 AM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: Big Tasty]
4Three Offline
Post Master Sr

When I read stuff like that, firstly, it's kinda funny (if you're not the one getting sick, because it just sounds hilarious, "flurona"), but it also makes me wonder, are humans not supposed to get sick? Yes, getting sick sucks, but isn't that just part of life? Then it made me wonder, has the world population been measurably affected by the pandemic?

I'll retract this quoted section below because I can't find data on global death rates that isn't a projection.
 Quote:
This site tells me no. Global death rate seems pretty consistent over the years. Wasn't COVID supposed to be decimating our population? I'm just surfing on my phone so if someone can find a better site that offers something different, please add it. Just kinda thinking out loud here.

https://www.macrotrends.net/countries/WLD/world/death-rate

Edit: seems that previous link was a projection so that's not relevant.

This one seems to be a Canadian stat for 2020, but also protection. https://www.statista.com/statistics/434353/death-rate-for-all-causes-in-canada/

Best I could find was WHO estimate of excess mortality in 2020 of 3 million (actual 1.8 million reported). So we're talking about ~0.03% excess mortality.

So the next question is, how has the world been affected by the pandemic? Well socially people aren't able to gather like before. We can't travel like before. People's liberties and ability to earn has been reduced / removed. People are scared. People are angry and polarized. Hospitals do not appear overrun, we just live in fear that they may be overrun. (You can check hospital websites for their daily COVID patient numbers, and remember that the patient may not be there necessarily because of COVID).

This then begs the question, have our solutions worked? Vaccinated are still testing positive and some hospitalization (arguably reduced compared to unvaxxed). Places previously only admitting vaccine passports are now closed to them. Lockdown hasn't stopped anything, if it slowed anything at best. So all of it that we've done, what was the cost. Massive debts everywhere.

The talking heads say more boosters, higher compliance. Has it really been proven to work? I mean measurably work for society? Someone needs to change this course or we're just stuck on a hamster wheel.

Edited by 4Three (01/04/22 11:58 AM)

#10189277 - 01/10/22 09:00 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: 4Three]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

Yay.....Canada....?

https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/omi...in-south-africa

Quote:
Omicron was in Nova Scotia wastewater before it was identified in South Africa
'Our team detected Omicron, retrospectively, in Nova Scotia wastewater in mid-November,' Dalhousie researchers say

Edited by furball (01/10/22 09:01 PM)

#10189421 - 01/11/22 08:57 AM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: furball]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

Thankfully schools are back.

Happy we have a bunch of solid parents in our community/school, one organized an in home class for 5 of our kids, hired a student teacher and tutor and the two work with the 5 kids and rotate from house to house every day. Been a blessing.

#10189799 - 01/11/22 02:21 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: 355-Si]
titty sprinkles Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto,Ontario
 Originally Posted By: 355-Si
ER is definitely a gong show full of people looking to get PCR tests. Come on people, gtfo!

As far as offload delay, it's not too bad here in Toronto.
Scarborough was having a tough time about a month ago because they launched a new software that people were acclimatizing to. But otherwise, not bad.

what's offload delay? LOL

about to get my booster. GNSP

Edited by titty sprinkles (01/11/22 02:22 PM)

#10189945 - 01/11/22 05:14 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: Risky Business]
355-Si Offline
Post Master Sr

This is awesome Vas.

#10190129 - 01/12/22 08:11 AM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: 355-Si]
Post Master Supreme

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/canada/article-quebec-to-impose-tax-on-unvaccinated/

Quebec will impose a tax on those who aren’t vaccinated against COVID-19 to offset their disproportionate cost to the health care system and encourage more people to get their shots.

Premier François Legault pointed to the makeup of intensive-care hospitalizations in Quebec as the driver for the levy. Unvaccinated Quebeckers make up just 10 per cent of the province’s adult population but comprise about half of those admitted to ICU with the disease, he said.

“It’s a question of equity,” he said. “Right now, these people put a very important burden on our health care network. I think it’s normal that the majority of the population are asking that there be a consequence.”

#10190169 - 01/12/22 09:04 AM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: Big Tasty]
c2k Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Wiesloch-Walldorf, Germany
Ford would never impose the tax as he gotta think about his daughter Krista. However, I can imagine that having a daughter like Krista would be so taxing though.

#10190296 - 01/12/22 10:31 AM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: c2k]
BroKe Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Markham, Ontario
curious to see how long schools will be open before they are shut down again
#10190297 - 01/12/22 10:31 AM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: Big Tasty]
355-Si Offline
Post Master Sr

Do not agree.

Originally Posted By: Big Tasty
https://www.theglobeandmail.com/canada/article-quebec-to-impose-tax-on-unvaccinated/

Quebec will impose a tax on those who aren’t vaccinated against COVID-19 to offset their disproportionate cost to the health care system and encourage more people to get their shots.

Premier François Legault pointed to the makeup of intensive-care hospitalizations in Quebec as the driver for the levy. Unvaccinated Quebeckers make up just 10 per cent of the province’s adult population but comprise about half of those admitted to ICU with the disease, he said.

“It’s a question of equity,” he said. “Right now, these people put a very important burden on our health care network. I think it’s normal that the majority of the population are asking that there be a consequence.”

#10190471 - 01/12/22 12:37 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: 355-Si]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

By this logic they should probably start taxing everyone that's fat, since that's a choice as well and a burden to society at large.
#10190498 - 01/12/22 01:15 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: Risky Business]
Simon_the_Pieman Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: The A
obesity tax!
xxxl clothes tax!
fast food tax!
smokers tax!
cigarette tax!
you get a tax!
and you get a tax!

/oprah

#10191799 - 01/14/22 08:45 AM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: Simon_the_Pieman]
Post Master Supreme

It's Friday!!! Puff, Puff, don't pass.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/ajherringto...sh=2b0ae7241753

Quote:
Compounds in cannabis can prevent infection from the virus that causes Covid-19 by blocking its entry into cells, according to a study published this week by researchers affiliated with Oregon State University. A report on the research, “Cannabinoids Block Cellular Entry of SARS-CoV-2 and the Emerging Variants,” was published online on Monday by the Journal of Natural Products.

The researchers found that two cannabinoid acids commonly found in hemp varietals of cannabis, cannabigerolic acid, or CBGA, and cannabidiolic acid, also known as CBDA, can bind to the spike protein of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes Covid-19. By binding to the spike protein, the compounds can prevent the virus from entering cells and causing infection, potentially offering new avenues to prevent and treat the disease.

#10193544 - 01/17/22 09:15 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: Big Tasty]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

I ran down a few rabbit holes lately, and ... haven't found solid evidence to go one way or the other....

a) If someone was PCR = positive, how long after infection would they continue to show positive in PCR tests? I'm reading 'up to 3 mths', which confuses me since ... How would people TRAVEL? (i.e. negative covid test to fly, etc.)

b) How soon is too soon, to get a PCR test, should you come in contact with a confirmed positive case? (I'm just hearing shit like 'PCR test is very sensitive, hence a) above, etc. etc. etc.')

Meanwhile, we're pretty much getting daily updates from pre-school about confirmed positive cases, etc.. (Whether it's PCR or other, no clue.) And we're about to put the toddler back tomorrow.

Edited by furball (01/17/22 09:17 PM)

#10194193 - 01/18/22 02:57 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: Big Tasty]
titty sprinkles Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: Big Tasty
It's Friday!!! Puff, Puff, don't pass.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/ajherringto...sh=2b0ae7241753

Quote:
Compounds in cannabis can prevent infection from the virus that causes Covid-19 by blocking its entry into cells, according to a study published this week by researchers affiliated with Oregon State University. A report on the research, “Cannabinoids Block Cellular Entry of SARS-CoV-2 and the Emerging Variants,” was published online on Monday by the Journal of Natural Products.

The researchers found that two cannabinoid acids commonly found in hemp varietals of cannabis, cannabigerolic acid, or CBGA, and cannabidiolic acid, also known as CBDA, can bind to the spike protein of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes Covid-19. By binding to the spike protein, the compounds can prevent the virus from entering cells and causing infection, potentially offering new avenues to prevent and treat the disease.

no wonder i haven't caught covid yet

#10194370 - 01/18/22 06:39 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: furball]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: furball
I ran down a few rabbit holes lately, and ... haven't found solid evidence to go one way or the other....

a) If someone was PCR = positive, how long after infection would they continue to show positive in PCR tests? I'm reading 'up to 3 mths', which confuses me since ... How would people TRAVEL? (i.e. negative covid test to fly, etc.)

b) How soon is too soon, to get a PCR test, should you come in contact with a confirmed positive case? (I'm just hearing shit like 'PCR test is very sensitive, hence a) above, etc. etc. etc.')

Meanwhile, we're pretty much getting daily updates from pre-school about confirmed positive cases, etc.. (Whether it's PCR or other, no clue.) And we're about to put the toddler back tomorrow.

Time to step away from doing "YoUr OwN ReSeEARCH" and live life.

#10195124 - 01/19/22 06:15 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: Risky Business]
A2B-Lexus Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Raptors Land
restaurants and gyms set to open soon? The lockdown is really messing with the survival of restaurants.
#10195295 - 01/20/22 06:52 AM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: A2B-Lexus]
BroKe Offline
Post Master Sr

Alot of restaurants claim lockdowns killing them but we're already on a downhill before the pandemic. Tell me how some restaurants are making even more now because they changed their business model. If they haven't adapted by now they probably should have cut their losses a year ago. It's a pandemic. Alot of people are going to eat out anymore, lockdown or not.
#10195754 - 01/20/22 02:44 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: BroKe]
4Three Offline
Post Master Sr

Originally Posted By: BroKe
Alot of restaurants claim lockdowns killing them but we're already on a downhill before the pandemic. Tell me how some restaurants are making even more now because they changed their business model. If they haven't adapted by now they probably should have cut their losses a year ago. It's a pandemic. Alot of people are going to eat out anymore, lockdown or not.

This is probably true to some extent. Some restaurants have been able to take advantage of the pandemic by reducing their employees, going down to a skeleton crew, and moving entirely to pick-up / delivery. Good for them, if we accept that dining out and the whole hospitality experience has marginal value. That'll depend on the type of business you're running. So yeah, there were a lot of small businesses in trouble before the pandemic, and covid put the reality check on them. Guess what else was happening before the pandemic? Hospitals being overwhelmed. LOL. Google that shit. Basically every year. Chicken little.

#10195762 - 01/20/22 02:55 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: 4Three]
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

any lockdown of any kind is a fucking useless joke at this point.

#10195938 - 01/20/22 06:59 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: 4Three]
BroKe Offline
Post Master Sr

Originally Posted By: 4Three
 Originally Posted By: BroKe

This is probably true to some extent. Some restaurants have been able to take advantage of the pandemic by reducing their employees, going down to a skeleton crew, and moving entirely to pick-up / delivery. Good for them, if we accept that dining out and the whole hospitality experience has marginal value. That'll depend on the type of business you're running. So yeah, there were a lot of small businesses in trouble before the pandemic, and covid put the reality check on them. Guess what else was happening before the pandemic? Hospitals being overwhelmed. LOL. Google that shit. Basically every year. Chicken little.

that is true, and now we have covid so it makes it extra worse

#10197879 - 01/24/22 09:09 AM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: BroKe]
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

#10201397 - 01/28/22 05:40 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
titty sprinkles Offline
Post Master Supreme

is it me or did the media not really show the extent of the trucker protest?

vaughan mills was PACKED. the news showed 1 bridge at keele street with people on it, when i was driving into work from rutherford to 401 every single bridge was packed with people, trucks everywhere with flags of F*CK TRUDEAU or canada flags, and when i finally got to keele street OPP had to keep people back from actually going onto the highway; there were people across the bridge, under it, around it and everything.

i just find it funny that the same day that they were protesting, all of a sudden the news shows "top DR says it's time to live with covid"

#10201400 - 01/28/22 06:06 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: titty sprinkles]
4Three Offline
Post Master Sr

There is some coverage, but being possibly the largest truck convoy ever, it's not getting the coverage it deserves. And coincidentally, just as they arrive in Ottawa, our poor PM is self isolating for covid contact ... even tho he doesn't have to. Then you have all the politicians who have been mute forever, suddenly coming out "go truckers".

#10201424 - 01/28/22 07:09 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: 4Three]
BroKe Offline
Post Master Sr

Probably because a it's filled with right wing nut jobs that have attached themselves to that group. Makes the whole thing look ridiculous.
Page 20 of 23 « First<1819202122>Last »

Moderator:  c2k, LNXGUY, TheRealCSnapper, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads