Page 17 of 23 « First<1516171819>Last »
Topic Options
#10120588 - 09/08/21 02:11 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: Wildout]
titty sprinkles Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto,Ontario
 Originally Posted By: Wildout
Titty Jamaica is being hit hard. They just came out of a No movement order, which is worse than lockdown. Literally no one's allowed on the roads, businesses shut down including what we consider essential here and the army/police are out policing it.

ya that's what i hear, they also got slapped with a good hurricane lately. but according to the jamaican consulate they are still issuing travel authorizations. we are considering it because right now prices are CHEAP, we are looking at the royalton white sands in mo bay, my dad took us on a trip there once and it's ballin, but was like $3k/pp and now it's $1200 \:o

the choice is between that and the myan riveria in mexico but it's like $1900 and i kinda refuse to pay 2k for mexico lol

#10120911 - 09/09/21 06:47 AM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: titty sprinkles]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Toronto, ON
<Awaits CSI Titty post of 'I went cheap and all I got was this stupid covid'> \:\|

Originally Posted By: titty sprinkles
the choice is between that and the myan riveria in mexico but it's like $1900 and i kinda refuse to pay 2k for mexico lol

In other news, I made the trek yesterday to the office in Lib Village ...
- Fuck, the traffic man ... \:\|
- $14 GreenP parking \:\|
- So many hotties in short shorts walking about
- Office was just empty as fuck. Current capacity of the office is like 50 people? Yesterday they topped out at 25 bodies, the most they've ever seen
- It was actually nice to get out, though the 'hoteling desk' concept is odd - not alot of amenities, it's BYO everything except monitor.
- Shit ton of apps/checks you gotta do - check in app to make sure there's 'space', check in again when you sign in, and answer covid questionnaire ... I failed twice cuz I clicked too fast
- Actually MORE productivity in the office (time just slowed...) due to less distractions (other monitors, stocks, kids, facebook, etc.)

Edited by furball (09/09/21 06:51 AM)

#10122172 - 09/11/21 11:27 AM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: Wildout]
hyper-s2k Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: T dot O dot, Canada
The media needs to put more focus on hospitalization numbers rather than infection count if they want to show the sheeple that vaccines are working. People are getting fed up and lamenting vaccines aren't working because case counts are going back up.

Having said that, if the anti-vaxxers choose not to take one because of "freedom" then they should be put on a lower priority list for getting a hospital bed compared to those with real illnesses that are beyond their control (those waiting for chemo, some form of life saving operation, etc.) - because they shouldn't even need to get as sick as they should (and waste hospital space) had they've gotten their shot.

It's like driving with a seat belt and smoking with kids in the back of the car - people bitched about government overstepping their boundaries of what you can / can't do instead their own car ("private domain" as an argument) -- but there's scientific data that doing both of these is bad - so it's just another rule to curb stupidity because people want their freedom more than go with common sense which isn't so common any more.
'03 s2k - now @ 80,xxx km - a2a car
'08 535i - sold @ 149,421 km - cashed out just in time!
'08 impreza 2.5i - sold @ - 64,147 km - smh POS
'01 rav4 - killed @ 155,879 km - RIP old friend

"Driving in the snow is like sex. If you want to avoid accidents, abstinence is the best policy. If you're gonna take her for a spin, use protection." - Rick Mercer

#10122272 - 09/11/21 08:23 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: hyper-s2k]
The Postman Offline
A-List Member also The Man
Post Master Sr

Originally Posted By: hyper-s2k
The media needs to put more focus on hospitalization numbers rather than infection count if they want to show the sheeple that vaccines are working. People are getting fed up and lamenting vaccines aren't working because case counts are going back up.

Having said that, if the anti-vaxxers choose not to take one because of "freedom" then they should be put on a lower priority list for getting a hospital bed compared to those with real illnesses that are beyond their control (those waiting for chemo, some form of life saving operation, etc.) - because they shouldn't even need to get as sick as they should (and waste hospital space) had they've gotten their shot.

It's like driving with a seat belt and smoking with kids in the back of the car - people bitched about government overstepping their boundaries of what you can / can't do instead their own car ("private domain" as an argument) -- but there's scientific data that doing both of these is bad - so it's just another rule to curb stupidity because people want their freedom more than go with common sense which isn't so common any more.

Wifes ICU went from full at 24 or so a few weeks back to 2-3. Most of the COVID patients she sees now in her ER are not sick enough to admit. Most of her positive cases these days are younger people, but even those are rare. The Uni and local college here in Niagara have mandated that the students need to be vaccinated to live on campus and attend in person.

#10122410 - 09/12/21 12:15 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: The Postman]
hyper-s2k Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: T dot O dot, Canada
 Originally Posted By: The Postman

Wifes ICU went from full at 24 or so a few weeks back to 2-3. Most of the COVID patients she sees now in her ER are not sick enough to admit. Most of her positive cases these days are younger people, but even those are rare. The Uni and local college here in Niagara have mandated that the students need to be vaccinated to live on campus and attend in person.

That's encouraging. Hopefully this means she's not super swamped at work all the time any more.

All the front line health workers have it really tough.
'03 s2k - now @ 80,xxx km - a2a car
'08 535i - sold @ 149,421 km - cashed out just in time!
'08 impreza 2.5i - sold @ - 64,147 km - smh POS
'01 rav4 - killed @ 155,879 km - RIP old friend

"Driving in the snow is like sex. If you want to avoid accidents, abstinence is the best policy. If you're gonna take her for a spin, use protection." - Rick Mercer

#10122836 - 09/13/21 02:07 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: hyper-s2k]
titty sprinkles Offline
Post Master Supreme

hell ever since this pandemic started i've been staring it in the face and have been lucky to not catch it. i'll take my chances with travelling.

#10125980 - 09/18/21 02:08 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: titty sprinkles]
Risky Business Offline
Provides a Great Work Environment. he/him
Post Master Supreme

Looks alberta health care collapsed.

here we go

https://twitter.com/CTVCalgary/status/1439159768631939075?s=20

#10126079 - 09/18/21 08:15 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: Risky Business]
A2B-Lexus Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Raptors Land
They were opened for the summer. What happened?
#10126345 - 09/19/21 03:52 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: hyper-s2k]
4Three Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Markham, ON, Canada

This is a slippery slope. How about other life-style choices? Drinking? Smoking? Drugs? Profession? Diet? Exercise?

#10127965 - 09/21/21 09:55 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: 4Three]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

This Proof of Vaccination is so fucked ...

- You have to show both receipts for Dose 1 AND Dose 2?
- We have to print/show PDF for now, then wait a month for the app with QR Code?

There's some website now that apparently creates a QR Code for you, but I'm not sure if that's compatible with the one coming out in a month, etc....

#10128328 - 09/22/21 02:01 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: furball]
porschetr Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: WBridge
You can use this unofficial site to add certification to Apple Wallet with QR code.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIrG5Qbjptg

https://grassroots.vaccine-ontario.ca/

It didn't work with the emailed pdf file from city when I received vaccine.
It worked with the newly downloaded copies of pdf. (took 15min in que)

#10128373 - 09/22/21 02:32 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: porschetr]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

Have that already.

I need to do it again since I only did that to my Dose 2. i.e. looks like you have to show both Dose 1 and Dose 2.

I've also added the wife's QR code onto my phone, so we can just scan 1 phone etc.

I don't get or know what the process is ... i.e. wtf the QR code does .... and this is only a stop-gap; in a month the official app will be released. So fucking confusing.

Originally Posted By: porschetr
You can use this unofficial site to add certification to Apple Wallet with QR code.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIrG5Qbjptg

https://grassroots.vaccine-ontario.ca/

#10130631 - 09/25/21 05:28 AM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: furball]
c2k Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Wiesloch-Walldorf, Germany
 Originally Posted By: furball
This Proof of Vaccination is so fucked ...

- You have to show both receipts for Dose 1 AND Dose 2?
- We have to print/show PDF for now, then wait a month for the app with QR Code?

There's some website now that apparently creates a QR Code for you, but I'm not sure if that's compatible with the one coming out in a month, etc....

Just show your second dose card and done.

Meanwhile did you know that queen's park is the only place in ontario that requires folks to be fully vaccinated OR test negative on the PCR test? Meanwhile everywhere else in ontario for non-essential trips, you have to be fully vaccinated.

#10130686 - 09/25/21 11:57 AM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: c2k]
BroKe Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Markham, Ontario
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qE8DH4vGvU

a few tips on traveling to jamaica right now

#10131307 - 09/27/21 08:04 AM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: c2k]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

I was thinking exactly that too ...

But everything I've read, seems to indicate you have to show 1st and 2nd... As I haven't had to go thru the motions yet ... I'm not sure

Originally Posted By: c2k
Just show your second dose card and done.

#10131348 - 09/27/21 09:20 AM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: furball]
porschetr Offline
Post Master Supreme

We are talking about restaurants.
You think any of them know or even have desire to check it properly?

Unvaxxed are photoshopping vaccine certificates.
This 20-25 year old who were trying to enter the Maple Leaf lounge at Pearson airport got caught with a fake. He put his name right but didn't fix his date of birth which indicated he was over 50 years old.

#10132323 - 09/28/21 11:47 AM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: porschetr]
JEFFOS Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto
There will be an app coming which will make it more difficult to fake for stupid people

#10132342 - 09/28/21 12:28 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: porschetr]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

We are talking about restaurants.
You think any of them know or even have desire to check it properly?

Unvaxxed are photoshopping vaccine certificates.
This 20-25 year old who were trying to enter the Maple Leaf lounge at Pearson airport got caught with a fake. He put his name right but didn't fix his date of birth which indicated he was over 50 years old.

#10137136 - 10/06/21 05:11 AM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: Risky Business]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

PSA for the parents, East York general does a mouth swab covid test for kids, took my daughter yesterday, in and out in 7 minutes without the hysteria of going up her nose like they did at Markham Stouffville. Worth sitting in traffic for it.
#10144102 - 10/18/21 02:27 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: Risky Business]
titty sprinkles Offline
Post Master Supreme

got back from jamrock. not one person even looked at our PCR tests going and coming back. nice waste of coin there but jamaica was so sick. resort operated at like 30% so had the beach all to ourselves and only 2 other people in the big ass pool.

#10144191 - 10/18/21 04:41 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: titty sprinkles]
porschetr Offline
Post Master Supreme

Didn't airline check all the requirements before you left?
Plus, don't you have to attest you have everything on ArriveCAN App?

Every country acts very differently depends on when or who is at the customs.
UK used to fine passengers coming in without the Locator app, then one day they started to fine airlines 5,000 Pounds per passengers with inadequate documents.

Last week, HongKong banned Air Canada flights from Vancouver for a week or so when they found out one passenger arrived without proper document, and one tested positive upon arrival.

#10144222 - 10/18/21 05:56 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: porschetr]
titty sprinkles Offline
Post Master Supreme

nope. on the way there all they asked for was a travel authorization that you get from a jamaican website, and on the way back the only thing i had to upload to the arrivecan app was my proof of vaccination. that's it.

#10144399 - 10/19/21 08:07 AM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: titty sprinkles]
355-Si Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Toronto, Ontario
I do one covid case. every 2 weeks now (if even.)

#10144435 - 10/19/21 09:16 AM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: titty sprinkles]
porschetr Offline
Post Master Supreme

Interesting. Which airline?

#10144743 - 10/19/21 01:14 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: 355-Si]
Hatorade Offline
pheggit
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: 355-Si

Wow, that's actually good to hear.

'07 997.1 GT3
'08 E90 M3
'11 E90 d
'02 Rota Grid - 195-55-16FR (RIP)
'04 Volk GTC - 245-35-19F/275-35-19R (Sold to a farm boi)
I thought Spark was a robot from the old movie and I kind of remember seeing him telling some engineer showing the equation for a clear metal that the guy would event years later - porschetr

#10144792 - 10/19/21 02:15 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: porschetr]
titty sprinkles Offline
Post Master Supreme

Interesting. Which airline?

westjet

#10144871 - 10/19/21 03:24 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: 355-Si]
titty sprinkles Offline
Post Master Supreme

makes you wonder why we are still in a pandemic.

#10144925 - 10/19/21 04:37 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: titty sprinkles]
The Postman Offline
A-List Member also The Man
Post Master Sr

Originally Posted By: titty sprinkles

makes you wonder why we are still in a pandemic.

The media lol.
Wifes ICU has 1 covid patient, but they might be taking a few from out west.

Whats really funny to me is people from region to region. I live in Niagara but work in Hamilton. The Hammer is full of anti-vaxxers and restaurants that would rather go out of business then ask for the passport or proof. Niagara everyone does whats asked of them, restaurants are staying open, etc.

In other new, wife is BAO'ing her hospital for now and taking a job in Northern Manitoba for the Feds working on a First Nations community. 2 weeks on, 2 weeks off, all expenses paid, including the 3 days that want her to quarantine before she goes back.

#10145042 - 10/19/21 09:06 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: The Postman]
355-Si Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Toronto, Ontario
During wave 3, we were overrun with covid patients.
We each have a box of 10 N95s and we'd be in need of restock after two days.
Every patient either presented with covid symptoms or was straight covid.

That said, those who presented with covid symptoms were just fever or muscle aches. They were actually short of breath and low oxygen saturation... so suffice it to say they were 99% likely covid.

I was tired during the 3rd wave... it was ridiculous and the patients were really sick.

In this 4th wave, our covid cases are low and those who are positive are unvaccinated.

I'm not anti or pro vax. If you want it, I think you should get it. If you don't want it, I totally understand why.
But... then don't be stupid and put yourself at higher risk of contracting it.

Let's see how the post-October period goes. That was when we went back up last year.
Hoping not though.

#10145063 - 10/19/21 10:10 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: 355-Si]
porschetr Offline
Post Master Supreme

The numbers in the UK and Russia is rapidly rising.
UK has stopped wearing masks and only like 50% Russians are vaxxed.

Canada is doing pretty well compare to other countries that pretend it is over.

#10145789 - 10/21/21 05:45 AM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: porschetr]
c2k Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Wiesloch-Walldorf, Germany
anybody disappointed w/ the US/CDA land border re-opening plans? I will admit that I am disappointed that we are required to produce a negative PCR test upon returning to Canada. Which makes absolutely no sense if USA requires the travellers to be fully vaccinated upon entry.

#10145879 - 10/21/21 09:50 AM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: c2k]
porschetr Offline
Post Master Supreme

Is it confirmed?

I am disappointed that I wouldn't be take a day trip to go shop and have some wings if Canada requires PCR tests.
But also ok with not importing covid positive people to Canada.

#10147836 - 10/25/21 12:59 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: porschetr]
Denis Si Offline
Post Master

Loc: T.O.
Eh, went to Florida with the whole fam in August. Used CVS / Walgreens loophole for free PCR. Pain the in the ass, but was worth it!

Kids loved it. (2 years of no traveling was enough for us)

#10148168 - 10/25/21 06:06 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: Denis Si]
porschetr Offline
Post Master Supreme

Now you can pick up a prepaid PCR Test kit through Air Canada and do it anywhere in the world before coming back to Canada.
I believe you do it under the supervision of Canadian health officials online, so anywhere in the world as long as you get a good wifi connection.

http://switchhealth.ca/aeroplan

#10155652 - 11/08/21 07:54 AM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: porschetr]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

Toddler came back from preschool and fucked us all up ...

Toddler's dripping/clogged nose, coughing like mad, fever here 'n there.
Wife sore throat, coughing, and achy all over
Grandma's sore throat
Little brother's coughing a tad and low low fever
Me with sore throat and achy all over..

Toddler + Wife + Grandma all took at-home covid tests, negative. Wife did a covid test, also negative.

Meanwhile I'm the idiot wearing a mask at home, hoping not to get more sick, and trying not to get the baby sick...

Page 17 of 23 « First<1516171819>Last »

Moderator:  c2k, LNXGUY, TheRealCSnapper, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads