Page 10 of 23 « First<89101112>Last »
Topic Options
#10037857 - 04/12/21 09:13 AM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: loudsubz]
Screamin Type ARGH! Offline
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

Loc: T.O. - Canaduh
my folks covered for shots so glad there.

as for wife and myself, no rush at all. i'm all for vax of estasblish diseases but i'm not running out the door for this one. will wait a bit and see. and yes for this one it's worthwhile being 'choosy' IMO.

"Ban low performance drivers, not high performance cars"

#10037999 - 04/12/21 11:55 AM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
loudsubz Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Ontario, Canada
 Originally Posted By: Screamin Type ARGH!

as for wife and myself, no rush at all. i'm all for vax of estasblish diseases but i'm not running out the door for this one. will wait a bit and see. and yes for this one it's worthwhile being 'choosy' IMO.

really?
did you see the stats on AZ? Like 30 people died of 34 million vaccines administered, some silly number.

Lets hope you are one of the lucky ones if you do get the new strain you don't end up needing the ICU

#10038012 - 04/12/21 12:05 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
BroKe Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Markham, Ontario
 Originally Posted By: Screamin Type ARGH!

I'm in the same boat here. parents have been vaxed. I don't leave my house or see anyone so I can wait. part of my hesitancy wants to see how they handle the 2nd dose first. I don't know what's up with the 4 months in between doses but i'm thinking they could possibly fuck up administering the second dose they way things are going.

#10038105 - 04/12/21 01:03 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: loudsubz]
porschetr Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: WBridge
Australia just ditched AZ.
Sweden, Germany, France,Spain, Italy, Portugal etc....they all banned it.
US probably won't get it.

Yes, people will be 'choosy'.
I am glad my parents got Pfizer.

Even without the controversial affects.
You still have 35% chance of getting Covid after getting 2 shots of AZ.
Pfizer, just 5%

#10038115 - 04/12/21 01:13 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: porschetr]
loudsubz Offline
Post Master Supreme

ok so we just keep continuing to live this cartoon episode for as long as possible instead of getting whatever shot is available to us? lol

Edited by loudsubz (04/12/21 01:14 PM)

#10038129 - 04/12/21 01:29 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: loudsubz]
Risky Business Offline
Provides a Great Work Environment. he/him
Post Master Supreme

Another summer of 'working' from the cottage for the politicians. They will see if they can string it along for next year too.

Boomer life.

#10038163 - 04/12/21 02:19 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: loudsubz]
porschetr Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: loudsubz
ok so we just keep continuing to live this cartoon episode for as long as possible instead of getting whatever shot is available to us? lol

My parents went in expecting to get AZ.
But they were happy when they received Pfizer.

We (most people on this forum) can't even take AZ even if we wanted to.
AZ is not even an option anyway for anyone under 55.
That's how particular this vaccine is.

NACI (National Advisory Committee on Immunization)recommends that AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine should not be used in adults under 55 years of age at this time while the safety signal of Vaccine-Induced Prothrombotic Immune Thrombocytopenia (VIPIT) following vaccination with AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine is investigated further. Mar. 29, 2021

#10038288 - 04/12/21 05:36 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: porschetr]
355-Si Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Toronto, Ontario
Sooo... they just shut down in-class school again.

Back to online we go.

I don’t blame them for doing this... I blame them for having not vaccinated teachers, ECEs, and other staff so that they could have avoided this.

#10038421 - 04/13/21 06:37 AM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: 355-Si]
loudsubz Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: 355-Si
Sooo... they just shut down in-class school again.

Back to online we go.

I don’t blame them for doing this... I blame them for having not vaccinated teachers, ECEs, and other staff so that they could have avoided this.

I just love how they were blasting Lecce after the announcement yesterday, basically calling him a bag of $@& lol

I hate how they are so secretive about the whole thing. Emails circulate in the school board before the break starts to take home work sheets and tell kids to take their stuff home etc and we all k kw what that means, yet to the public Ford is telling everyone this is just temp and they will be back to school after the break, just be straight up you and I both know the school will be closed

#10038492 - 04/13/21 10:02 AM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: loudsubz]
BroKe Offline
Post Master Sr

j&j vaccine halted in USA for blood clotting. Reminder that these vaccine companies are legally not liable for anything that happens to you after taking it. Was part of the clause that let them come out so fast.
#10038871 - 04/13/21 08:43 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: BroKe]
355-Si Offline
Post Master Sr

So far, half my calls today’s have been Covid... including one which was a cardiac arrest.

#10038908 - 04/13/21 10:41 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: 355-Si]
A2B-Lexus Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Raptors Land
This 3rd wave with the new strains seems to be exponentially worst. Happy my Mom got her shot.

I am not in a hurry to get my shot only because i can work from home. Get the people who work in the public their shot.....

Was able to get some KN95 at Costco earlier in the week. That stuff fits so much better.

#10040430 - 04/15/21 11:05 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: 355-Si]
1300cc_Rocket Offline
Post Master Jr

Loc: Ontario
What I want to know is what is the general health of the majority of these younger (lets say under 50) Covid patients that are requiring hospitalization or EMT treatment?
They're saying younger patients are requiring hospitalizations, but are they smokers? obese? sedentary lifestyles? Not much about this in the media as these numbers / reports we see daily don't discuss this, just an increase in numbers meant to scare us into compliance....

As for the AZ recommendation to not be given to those under 55, I see this as just playing a numbers game. If you are over 55 you may be statistically more likely to have serious complications from Covid, so take your chances with AZ if its all you can get, however if you're younger take the Covid and statistically you'll survive. Its clearly an inferior vaccination, pretty sad how its being pushed on us like we're in a third world country.

I still debate taking the AZ if I could get it, but having had extremely rare side effects of medications find me, I'm hoping I could wait for one of the better two and battle Covid, were it to find its way into me.

#10040451 - 04/16/21 01:23 AM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: 1300cc_Rocket]
355-Si Offline
Post Master Sr

I almost intubated someone in the hallway of the hospital tonight because there were no rooms available for their acuity level (they were very sick and covid+.)

It doesn’t matter whether the person has comorbidities. They’re sick and I’m seeing it more and more.
I’ve already brought 4 people who are now in the ICU over the past 3 shifts.
Toronto has dropped to code zero on multiple occasions the past shifts I’ve been working, that means no available ambos.
The problem is not you getting sick anymore and it isn’t the comprbidities.

The problem is the ICU is packed and they’re maintaining intubated patients in a holding pattern in the EMRG, waiting to go up.
In doing so, I was with my covid + patient for almost 4 hours on to the point I almost intubated them.

A seizing patient brought in by EMS had to bring the patient into a room with a dead (pronounced) covid patient who had just been pronounced 20 minutes prior and hospital environmental services and body removal hadn’t cleaned the room or moved the body.

I’ll also say the patients I’ve been transporting are in fact younger with little to no known health issues.
My partner and I used to cancel about 90% of our covid patients. That percentage has heavily shifted.

Today we had a person with an oxygen saturation of 8% with a good wave form. That patient will die in ICU.

Don’t worry about the media... just hope Ford does two things: vaccinate and get people their sick days.

It’s not about lockdowns (won’t work) and it’s not about stay at home(won’t work.)

I’m 15h23m into my shift right now, sorry for the rant.

The media is fucking stupid and the narrative is all wrong.

If you have Instagram or Twitter, follow Dr.Warner from Michael Garron Hospital. He will explain this all.

#10040462 - 04/16/21 04:12 AM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: 1300cc_Rocket]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: 1300cc_Rocket

As for the AZ recommendation to not be given to those under 55, I see this as just playing a numbers game. If you are over 55 you may be statistically more likely to have serious complications from Covid, so take your chances with AZ if its all you can get, however if you're younger take the Covid and statistically you'll survive. Its clearly an inferior vaccination, pretty sad how its being pushed on us like we're in a third world country.

I still debate taking the AZ if I could get it, but having had extremely rare side effects of medications find me, I'm hoping I could wait for one of the better two and battle Covid, were it to find its way into me.

Good to see you post, I am pretty aligned with you.

For example the JJ vaccine and the apparent "blood clots", i think the risk is something like 6/1,000,000 and of the 6 blood clots only 1 was a death. On a risk adjusted basis how is this even an issue and why would they cancel the vaccine when covid in absolute numbers is something like 100x relatively more dangerous than a blood clot.

In a long winded way if I had the option to vaccinate vs. not and JJ was the only thing available I'd consider it long and hard.

#10040465 - 04/16/21 04:15 AM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: 355-Si]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

I almost intubated someone in the hallway of the hospital tonight because there were no rooms available for their acuity level (they were very sick and covid+.)

It doesn’t matter whether the person has comorbidities. They’re sick and I’m seeing it more and more.
I’ve already brought 4 people who are now in the ICU over the past 3 shifts.
Toronto has dropped to code zero on multiple occasions the past shifts I’ve been working, that means no available ambos.
The problem is not you getting sick anymore and it isn’t the comprbidities.

The problem is the ICU is packed and they’re maintaining intubated patients in a holding pattern in the EMRG, waiting to go up.
In doing so, I was with my covid + patient for almost 4 hours on to the point I almost intubated them.

A seizing patient brought in by EMS had to bring the patient into a room with a dead (pronounced) covid patient who had just been pronounced 20 minutes prior and hospital environmental services and body removal hadn’t cleaned the room or moved the body.

I’ll also say the patients I’ve been transporting are in fact younger with little to no known health issues.
My partner and I used to cancel about 90% of our covid patients. That percentage has heavily shifted.

Today we had a person with an oxygen saturation of 8% with a good wave form. That patient will die in ICU.

Don’t worry about the media... just hope Ford does two things: vaccinate and get people their sick days.

It’s not about lockdowns (won’t work) and it’s not about stay at home(won’t work.)

I’m 15h23m into my shift right now, sorry for the rant.

The media is fucking stupid and the narrative is all wrong.

If you have Instagram or Twitter, follow Dr.Warner from Michael Garron Hospital. He will explain this all.

jfc

This is starting a lot like when this whole thing started, no one knows wtf is going on with this virus.

#10040518 - 04/16/21 07:44 AM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: 355-Si]
1300cc_Rocket Offline
Post Master Jr

Loc: Ontario
I mean no disrespect to the virus, it's severity and it's ability to change course to effecting younger people more severely. By no means do I feel immune to it despite not having any known comorbidities and I'm not a super fit athlete or gym rat myself. I consider locating the AZ everyday, because it might be better than nothing, but given the numbers driven recommendations, i think for many, waiting for the more proven vaccines seems like something you or your family could beat yourself up about less were something to go wrong leading to your demise (with either the vaccine or the virus).

I remember at the beginning of all this they were mentioning confirmed cases and assumed cases , and I know this had a lot to do with the lack of testing, but I felt those numbers were powerful and wonder why they aren't reporting those numbers today, as I'm sure there is a way to scientifically guess what the Actual cases are based on the amount of people that are still asymptomatic in random testing.

Sorry to you 355-Si and all other health care workers that have to deal with this longer because of our government's failure to procure or produce quality vaccines sooner. Thanks for your continued hard work.

#10040613 - 04/16/21 09:52 AM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: 1300cc_Rocket]
355-Si Offline
Post Master Sr

I’m sorry for ranting, it was late and these shifts have been really long.
My shifts this set are Tuesday to today from 11am to 11pm.
So far in the first three shifts, I’ve accrued 11.5 hours of end of shift overtime because the state of the EMS system is being weighed down (as is the hospital system.). I was tired and irritable. My bad.

I have one more shift today, it starts in 10 minutes.

I can’t speak to the number of cases provincially, but I can certainly say that every Toronto medic has felt the shift in highly acute sick people who are covid positive in the past 2 weeks.

Was talking to a York medic yesterday and she said Markham Stouffville is falling apart, Mackenzie Health and Southlake are overridden and that Michael Cortelucci opened up all their ICU beds and York thought it would alleviate pressure on their system but it filled so fast when patients from surrounding hospitals had to transfer there and they’re back to bursting at the seams. That was news to me. I always thought York was doing better (because it hasn’t been mentioned in the news as much lately.)

#10040639 - 04/16/21 10:04 AM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: 1300cc_Rocket]
BroKe Offline
Post Master Sr

Originally Posted By: 1300cc_Rocket
What I want to know is what is the general health of the majority of these younger (lets say under 50) Covid patients that are requiring hospitalization or EMT treatment?
They're saying younger patients are requiring hospitalizations, but are they smokers? obese? sedentary lifestyles? Not much about this in the media as these numbers / reports we see daily don't discuss this, just an increase in numbers meant to scare us into compliance....

It does t matter what their general health is. Bottom line is people are getting sick. It's impossible to isolate the well healthy from obese smokers. This shit is highly contagious. As much as I'd like to distrust the media. The facts are out there. Remember this is a global pandemic not just USA and Canada.

#10040968 - 04/16/21 04:22 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: BroKe]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

wow, wtf

"Ontario gives police authority to stop vehicles, ask people purpose of travel"

#10041033 - 04/16/21 05:38 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: Risky Business]
355-Si Offline
Post Master Sr

No cop should enforce that... not a single one.

#10041045 - 04/16/21 06:04 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: 355-Si]
porschetr Offline
Post Master Supreme

well, people have been ignoring this "Stay Home" order.
The driving range by my place is always full, nearby parks are full of cars.

It's finally time to do something.
FUck "my rights".
That's what's causing this drag.

Australia did a heavy intensive lock down in the beginning.
People were angry.
But they are now almost Covid free with only 29,000 Total Cases.

It's too late for us now, but whatever encourages people to stop fool around, I am good with it.

Even with this new authority, you know most cops won't do anything.
We are sick of this.

You don't like it, but the best way to beat Covid is going full Communist mode.
Countries that had heavy restrictions in the beginning, they are sitting at restaurants with friends today.

#10041086 - 04/16/21 07:06 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: porschetr]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

Right, going full "communist mode" will show that virus. NOW it will work for sure.

How about getting vaccines available for the public?

#10041092 - 04/16/21 07:15 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: Risky Business]
porschetr Offline
Post Master Supreme

It IS very late.

But We can't get enough vaccine, so that's the next "best" thing.

My friends dad's long waited heart valve replacement surgery just got cancelled.
It was supposed to be today....

#10041108 - 04/16/21 07:50 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: porschetr]
c2k Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Wiesloch-Walldorf, Germany
I got my first vaccine dose tonight and my next appointment for the second shot is.......... August? Does that seem right? It's so far out.

#10041110 - 04/16/21 07:57 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: c2k]
porschetr Offline
Post Master Supreme

No, that's not right...but that's what they do.
It should be around 30 days.

They chose to give the majority the 1st shots than some two shots.

#10041116 - 04/16/21 08:23 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: porschetr]
BroKe Offline
Post Master Sr

Originally Posted By: porschetr
well, people have been ignoring this "Stay Home" order.
The driving range by my place is always full, nearby parks are full of cars.

It's finally time to do something.
FUck "my rights".
That's what's causing this drag.

Australia did a heavy intensive lock down in the beginning.
People were angry.
But they are now almost Covid free with only 29,000 Total Cases.

It's too late for us now, but whatever encourages people to stop fool around, I am good with it.

Even with this new authority, you know most cops won't do anything.
We are sick of this.

You don't like it, but the best way to beat Covid is going full Communist mode.
Countries that had heavy restrictions in the beginning, they are sitting at restaurants with friends today.

agree with all of this. just be glad we're not like brazil at 3000 deaths a day. lol

#10041124 - 04/16/21 08:36 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: porschetr]
A2B-Lexus Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Raptors Land
i am just glad my mom and her boyfriend got it. At least I don't have to worry as much for them.

I am fortunately my job can be done virtually. We need vaccines for those who can't work from home. Sad so many lives are lost because or government sucks

#10041138 - 04/16/21 09:40 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: porschetr]
355-Si Offline
Post Master Sr

It IS very late.

But We can't get enough vaccine, so that's the next "best" thing.

My friends dad's long waited heart valve replacement surgery just got cancelled.
It was supposed to be today....

I’m really sorry to hear this man.
Last year my uncle was supposed to have a procedure done to excise a tumour, it was cancelled because of covid’s toll on the system.

He passed away in July.

There are so many of these stories out there.

#10041158 - 04/17/21 12:49 AM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: 355-Si]
porschetr Offline
Post Master Supreme

Ya it really sucks.
She is devastated and posted a self video in tears.
I would be too if my parent's life saving surgery was cancelled.

#10041285 - 04/17/21 02:52 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: porschetr]
355-Si Offline
Post Master Sr

Worked 64 hours in 4 shifts this week.
Off for the weekend before going back in for 4 nights.

There is more covid for sure. Virtually everyone under 60.
Stay safe and healthy everyone... and take care of your mental health. Get outside and exercise... go for a walk with your family.

#10041323 - 04/17/21 04:53 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: 355-Si]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

Playgrounds closed
Playgrounds open

fucking idiots

#10041332 - 04/17/21 05:44 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: Risky Business]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

Even the cops are mocking this insanity

https://twitter.com/TPSChrisBoddy/status/1383509827784085507?s=20

#10041355 - 04/17/21 08:12 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: 355-Si]
porschetr Offline
Post Master Supreme

Worked 64 hours in 4 shifts this week.
Off for the weekend before going back in for 4 nights.

There is more covid for sure. Virtually everyone under 60.
Stay safe and healthy everyone... and take care of your mental health. Get outside and exercise... go for a walk with your family.

Sounds exhausting man.
Thanks for doing what you do!

Dang, just learned my buddy’s cousin who I know pretty well and used to be my neighbour got it too.
She is a cancer patient in her 50’s.

Getting closer to me inch by inch.
Last week was my other buddy’s brother.

#10041730 - 04/18/21 06:33 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: porschetr]
Hatorade Offline
pheggit
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto, ON
Ya it really sucks.
She is devastated and posted a self video in tears.
I would be too if my parent's life saving surgery was cancelled.

That is horrible. Feel so bad for your friend. I don’t understand why stories like this isn’t making the news more. So many people now are being diagnosed with late stage cancer and the list goes on and on. This is some 3rd world shit Canada.

'07 997.1 GT3
'08 E90 M3
'11 E90 d
'02 Rota Grid - 195-55-16FR (RIP)
'04 Volk GTC - 245-35-19F/275-35-19R (Sold to a farm boi)
I thought Spark was a robot from the old movie and I kind of remember seeing him telling some engineer showing the equation for a clear metal that the guy would event years later - porschetr

Page 10 of 23 « First<89101112>Last »

Moderator:  c2k, LNXGUY, TheRealCSnapper, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads