#3672517 - 04/22/09 05:38 PM
Re: Living in Round Rock, north Austin?
[Re: Napalm]
|
ShinerBockSi
Post Master Sr
Registered: 11/21/00
Posts: 3750
Loc: Austin, TX
|
Georgetown and Wells Branch are okay, they have some nice areas that are not too much $$ and it's quick to get out of town to head north. They are basically south round rock, and there is stuff to do around there.
_________________________
-Sb
|
|
Top
|
|
|
|
#3672741 - 04/22/09 07:14 PM
Re: Living in Round Rock, north Austin?
[Re: ShinerBockSi]
|
EmptyWallet
Post Master Supreme
Registered: 08/11/00
Posts: 17018
|
Georgetown and Wells Branch are okay, they have some nice areas that are not too much $$ and it's quick to get out of town to head north. They are basically south round rock, and there is stuff to do around there.
Wouldn't Georgetown be north Round Rock?
I think that's probably what you meant. Never heard of Wells Branch.
_________________________
"I don't think I've ever seen you get angry?" [laughs] "Oh, I used to get angry. All the time. Frustrated too." "You don't get...frustrated anymore?' [smiles]"...I'm not lost anymore.." "How..how did you do that?" "Same way that anything lost,...gets found.....I stopped looking."
|
|
Top
|
|
|
|
#3673115 - 04/22/09 09:55 PM
Re: Living in Round Rock, north Austin?
[Re: EmptyWallet]
|
ShinerBockSi
Post Master Sr
Registered: 11/21/00
Posts: 3750
Loc: Austin, TX
|
Yeah, Georgetown is north. I hadn't been up very long when I posted that. Large CON of georgetown is your internet/cable provider is going to be suddenlink like it was in Tyler, and from my experience in the call center, there are NOTHING but problems out of that system. I would live outside where you can get TWC or AT&T for internet. I'm not sure in Verizon FIOS is available in that area yet but I would look into these factors as well before you move. Wells Branch is basically a small little suburb that has some decent bars close to the North Warehouse District for Austin and has quick access to Toll 1 and 35 for going north of RR or downtown.
_________________________
-Sb
|
|
Top
|
|
|
|
#3673119 - 04/22/09 09:57 PM
Re: Living in Round Rock, north Austin?
[Re: ShinerBockSi]
|
ShinerBockSi
Post Master Sr
Registered: 11/21/00
Posts: 3750
Loc: Austin, TX
|
Oh yeah, when are you planning on coming this way Scott? I can find out when my apartment community is doing a free beer/band night if you are coming to look.
_________________________
-Sb
|
|
Top
|
|
|
|
#3673436 - 04/22/09 11:41 PM
Re: Living in Round Rock, north Austin?
[Re: EmptyWallet]
|
ShinerBockSi
Post Master Sr
Registered: 11/21/00
Posts: 3750
Loc: Austin, TX
|
I think I'm going to be in Tyler sometime next month. I know memorial day weekend we are going to be floating the river in Gruene, and the rest really goes off my girls schedule.
edit: Anyone in ClubSi that wants to go is welcome. Should be a huge weekend for the river.
Edited by ShinerBockSi (04/22/09 11:42 PM)
_________________________
-Sb
|
|
Top
|
|
|
|
#3673440 - 04/22/09 11:43 PM
Re: Living in Round Rock, north Austin?
[Re: EmptyWallet]
|
D50boy
Post Master Sr
Registered: 03/30/01
Posts: 8595
Loc: Bastrop/ Austin, Tx
|
Another word on utilities.... I'd try to find a place just south of Wells Branch Parkway in Pflugerville. Wells Branch Pkwy is where Austin Energy (city owned) and Oncor Electric delivery (deregulated) split. AE will be your only choice, but the rates are a LOT lower than any deregulated company. With you being from the DFW area, you've seen the price of deregulated electricity.
Round Rock isn't too bad. Georgetown is a bit too far from anything and is pretty damn boring IMO. Manor is too close to the city dump for me plus hwy 290 has more lights than a christmas tree.
_________________________
'99 B18C5 Hatchback- for fun '08 Fit Sport- The daily
|
|
Top
|
|
|
|
#3674161 - 04/23/09 10:05 AM
Re: Living in Round Rock, north Austin?
[Re: ShinerBockSi]
|
EmptyWallet
Post Master Supreme
Registered: 08/11/00
Posts: 17018
|
I think I'm going to be in Tyler sometime next month. I know memorial day weekend we are going to be floating the river in Gruene, and the rest really goes off my girls schedule.
edit: Anyone in ClubSi that wants to go is welcome. Should be a huge weekend for the river.
I'll be there Memorial Day Weekend!!! EDIT - New Braunfels that is.
Edited by EmptyWallet (04/23/09 10:06 AM)
_________________________
"I don't think I've ever seen you get angry?" [laughs] "Oh, I used to get angry. All the time. Frustrated too." "You don't get...frustrated anymore?' [smiles]"...I'm not lost anymore.." "How..how did you do that?" "Same way that anything lost,...gets found.....I stopped looking."
|
|
Top
|
|
|
|
#3674164 - 04/23/09 10:07 AM
Re: Living in Round Rock, north Austin?
[Re: D50boy]
|
EmptyWallet
Post Master Supreme
Registered: 08/11/00
Posts: 17018
|
Another word on utilities.... I'd try to find a place just south of Wells Branch Parkway in Pflugerville. Wells Branch Pkwy is where Austin Energy (city owned) and Oncor Electric delivery (deregulated) split. AE will be your only choice, but the rates are a LOT lower than any deregulated company. With you being from the DFW area, you've seen the price of deregulated electricity.
Round Rock isn't too bad. Georgetown is a bit too far from anything and is pretty damn boring IMO. Manor is too close to the city dump for me plus hwy 290 has more lights than a christmas tree.
Sweet!! Good info man, yeah the rates in DFW can get pretty extreme.
_________________________
"I don't think I've ever seen you get angry?" [laughs] "Oh, I used to get angry. All the time. Frustrated too." "You don't get...frustrated anymore?' [smiles]"...I'm not lost anymore.." "How..how did you do that?" "Same way that anything lost,...gets found.....I stopped looking."
|
|
Top
|
|
|
|
#3676812 - 04/24/09 10:27 AM
Re: Living in Round Rock, north Austin?
[Re: Nated_g]
|
ShinerBockSi
Post Master Sr
Registered: 11/21/00
Posts: 3750
Loc: Austin, TX
|
I'm even offering a free place to live. You just need to save up plenty of beer money.
_________________________
-Sb
|
|
Top
|
|
|
|
#3676897 - 04/24/09 10:57 AM
Re: Living in Round Rock, north Austin?
[Re: ]
|
ShinerBockSi
Post Master Sr
Registered: 11/21/00
Posts: 3750
Loc: Austin, TX
|
I know a girl that would have JUMPED on that last week.
_________________________
-Sb
|
|
Top
|
|
|
|
#3676967 - 04/24/09 11:16 AM
Re: Living in Round Rock, north Austin?
[Re: ]
|
ShinerBockSi
Post Master Sr
Registered: 11/21/00
Posts: 3750
Loc: Austin, TX
|
Where are you at? Are you out there around old bee caves & 290?
_________________________
-Sb
|
|
Top
|
|
|
|
#3676979 - 04/24/09 11:19 AM
Re: Living in Round Rock, north Austin?
[Re: Nated_g]
|
EmptyWallet
Post Master Supreme
Registered: 08/11/00
Posts: 17018
|
I might eventually try eating my testicles if that's what its going to take to get out of Tyler.
Remember what I told you like back in 2005!?!??
Also...what's keeping you there? I thought you finished school?
_________________________
"I don't think I've ever seen you get angry?" [laughs] "Oh, I used to get angry. All the time. Frustrated too." "You don't get...frustrated anymore?' [smiles]"...I'm not lost anymore.." "How..how did you do that?" "Same way that anything lost,...gets found.....I stopped looking."
|
|
Top
|
|
|
|
#3677771 - 04/24/09 03:00 PM
Re: Living in Round Rock, north Austin?
[Re: Nated_g]
|
EmptyWallet
Post Master Supreme
Registered: 08/11/00
Posts: 17018
|
Yep I remember what you said and should have turned right back around and cut all my loses  . The only thing that is keeping me here is a place of employment. Don't really think that now is the time that I should just move somewhere else without having a job lined up. Dave said I can live with him as long as I do the cooking and grilling, till I got a job in Austin. I might be missing the river on memorial day@!
I CERTAINLY wouldn't want to move somewhere without having anything lined up.
Not a chance. Hang in there!! Where have you been hanging out in Tyler?
_________________________
"I don't think I've ever seen you get angry?" [laughs] "Oh, I used to get angry. All the time. Frustrated too." "You don't get...frustrated anymore?' [smiles]"...I'm not lost anymore.." "How..how did you do that?" "Same way that anything lost,...gets found.....I stopped looking."
|
|
Top
|
|
|
|
#3685850 - 04/27/09 11:49 PM
Re: Living in Round Rock, north Austin?
[Re: Nated_g]
|
ShinerBockSi
Post Master Sr
Registered: 11/21/00
Posts: 3750
Loc: Austin, TX
|
I could sure go for a bar/auto shop. That would kick ass to work on your vehicle while drinking beer with gogo dancers in cages. Build it and move to Austin Nate.
_________________________
-Sb
|
|
Top
|
|
|
|
#3686566 - 04/28/09 10:29 AM
Re: Living in Round Rock, north Austin?
[Re: ShinerBockSi]
|
D50boy
Post Master Sr
Registered: 03/30/01
Posts: 8595
Loc: Bastrop/ Austin, Tx
|
I could sure go for a bar/auto shop. That would kick ass to work on your vehicle while drinking beer with gogo dancers in cages. Build it and move to Austin Nate.
That would be awesome to have around here.
_________________________
'99 B18C5 Hatchback- for fun '08 Fit Sport- The daily
|
|
Top
|
|
|
|
Moderator: The Mad Paki
|
Civic Type-R 2-Piece Rotors — $814 Front Pair! Made in England!
View EBC Rotors
ClubSi.com Shirts
|
|
|