Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#8753604 - 08/09/16 03:06 PM Stupid question time v. working space
tylerdurden Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Shyea, like I'm telling you
My monitors are profiled. PS defaults to using sRGB as the working space for RGB, should it be set to my ICC profile? Some googling results in answers either way, but most default to sRGB. OSX, if it matters. I think OSX takes care of this as it's pretty smart on color management, but I'm not sure. Switching back and forth doesn't seem to make much difference, if any.
Visit Sponsors! Help CSi !
#8754457 - 08/09/16 11:49 PM Re: Stupid question time v. working space [Re: tylerdurden]
busfare Offline
tickets plz
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Dark Side of the Moon
They are two different things. Monitor calibration is a profile that is changed by the Settings->Display->Color. It makes sure you see greys as neutrally grey as possible on the monitor.

In PS, you work in color spaces. sRGB has the least amount of color data. Adobe RGB has more data, and ProPhoto has the most. When working with master files, you want to work in the largest space possible, then reduce as needed for final output. So what I do is work in ProPhoto 16bit for master files. Then when I want to print, I convert to Adobe RGB bc printers can print that much data (but not all of the data of ProPhoto color space). But I still edit in ProPhoto for future proofing. It's a bit overkill. Most everything is fine in Adobe 8bit for what you can output in today's technology. And then for Internet websites, I would convert to sRGB color space and then output to JPG.

#8755520 - 08/10/16 03:47 PM Re: Stupid question time v. working space [Re: busfare]
tylerdurden Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Shyea, like I'm telling you
Thanks much for the clarification.
Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  jsmonet, x, 2000SiRacer, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads