Page 2 of 2 <12
Topic Options
#1525789 - 06/09/07 05:43 PM Re: **Paint and Body work Questions HERE ONLY!!!!!!!!** [Re: 2000CheetahStud]
nick220722 Offline
Jr Poster

Loc: Doylestown, Ohio
So while waxing my car today I noticed my first rust spots ever where the paint started to bubble and then its rusting. Its a spot on the front bottom corner of the passenger door. I'm new to body work, how would I get the rust out and repaint to keep it from getting any worse?

Visit Sponsors! Help CSi !
#1811407 - 08/31/07 06:25 PM Re: **Paint and Body work Questions HERE ONLY!!!!!!!!** [Re: nick220722]
BrineSI Offline
Post Master Jr

Loc: Southern California
Got clipped today, please help out with options, price estimates...

Yeah, so I'm dropping my fiance' off at LAX this morning @ 6am after getting four hours of sleep and when I'm leaving, a bus cuts over two lanes to make it onto the last turn off for the airport loop - anyways, he barely clips my right front bumper - it's so sudden and slight rub that he doesn't stop, I slam on my brakes but am now past the turn off he takes and have a horde of people honking at me. I didn't get a license plate number, the company of the bus, it was just too damn early and it happened so fast. ANYWAYS, it popped my front right headlight so I need to get a new one of those but after cleaning up his paint off my bumper with scratchX, I'm left with about a 4 inch rub where there's no paint but the bumper is structurally fine. Do I just get a respray for this? What would that run? Any suggestions greatly appreciated...

Oh, sorry for the crappy quality pics, it's on my cell since my girl took our good camera. Not bad pictures but it can't quite render my fair ass skin so it makes my hand look like a burn victim... weird.

#1833141 - 09/07/07 03:50 PM Re: **Paint and Body work Questions HERE ONLY!!!!!!!!** [Re: BrineSI]
PurduinaSi Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Westchester, NY
Paint experts - I need some advice!!!!!

I recently got hit while parked at one of the bars here. College campus, not surprised one bit. The way it hit the trunk lid, theres no way it can be fixed. I recently picked up a mint condition trunk lid from the same car, except a different color. I'm going to have the new trunk lid repainted and they will probably have to blend the paint down into the quarter panel. How much am I looking at price wise for this job?

#1880454 - 09/21/07 07:25 PM Re: **Paint and Body work Questions HERE ONLY!!!!!!!!** [Re: needs a Charger]
RevEvSI Offline
Jr Poster

Loc: Gorham, Maine
Does anyone know where i can find a good paintless dent removal body shop in Lakeland florida? i have had some bad body work done and need to find someplace good.
#1882974 - 09/23/07 07:58 AM Re: **Paint and Body work Questions HERE ONLY!!!!!!!!** [Re: PurduinaSi]
Milano'99 Offline
Post Master

Loc: New York, NY
 Originally Posted By: PurduinaSi
Paint experts - I need some advice!!!!!

I recently got hit while parked at one of the bars here. College campus, not surprised one bit. The way it hit the trunk lid, theres no way it can be fixed. I recently picked up a mint condition trunk lid from the same car, except a different color. I'm going to have the new trunk lid repainted and they will probably have to blend the paint down into the quarter panel. How much am I looking at price wise for this job?

Is this for the BMW in your signature? Its as simple as finding out the labor times for removal and of the old deck lid and installation of the new one and its components, edging the inside of new lid, painting the lid and blending the quarters. As long as there is no body work needing to be done to the used lid(dings, dents etc.)I would rough estimate at around 600-800 bux. Also going to depend on the labor rate in your area. Ask around and go to a decent shop that does BMW (maybe call the dealer near you and see who they use) and get an estimate. Hope this helps a bit.

1997 Honda Accord EX

#1883319 - 09/23/07 12:27 PM Re: **Paint and Body work Questions HERE ONLY!!!!!!!!** [Re: Milano'99]
PurduinaSi Offline
Post Master Sr

Thanks man, its already taken care of. I got estimates from 4 different shops, all between 800-1000. Being a broke college student, I couldn't afford that. I ended up going to a body shop that my friend owns, and he painted and fixed (some minor damage) the entire trunk lid for $150. Not blended, but OEM paint code with shade matching (using my gas cap). It came out perfect, I can't even tell that it was painted separately. Very happy with the results, and I'm glad I didn't get it blended.

#1889713 - 09/25/07 09:03 AM Re: **Paint and Body work Questions HERE ONLY!!!!!!!!** [Re: RevEvSI]
2000CheetahStud Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Cincinnati, OH
 Originally Posted By: RevEvSI
Does anyone know where i can find a good paintless dent removal body shop in Lakeland florida? i have had some bad body work done and need to find someplace good.

I dont know how close to Athens, GA you are, but if youre within a few hours, I know a guy who does GREAT work. PM me if you wanna know.

-Matt

photobucket.jpg

#1896415 - 09/26/07 10:55 PM Re: **Paint and Body work Questions HERE ONLY!!!!!!!!** [Re: 2000CheetahStud]
RevEvSI Offline
Jr Poster

Hey, Thanks Matt, im about 9 hours from there, so its a little far, ill keep looking.
#1896710 - 09/27/07 12:53 AM Re: **Paint and Body work Questions HERE ONLY!!!!!!!!** [Re: RevEvSI]
PurduinaSi Offline
Post Master Sr

dentwizard.com ---> find nearest location

They do great work

#1898603 - 09/27/07 03:48 PM Re: **Paint and Body work Questions HERE ONLY!!!!!!!!** [Re: PurduinaSi]
RevEvSI Offline
Jr Poster

Ill check it out. thanks a lot.
#2122098 - 12/11/07 09:03 PM Re: **Paint and Body work Questions HERE ONLY!!!!!!!!** [Re: RevEvSI]
DeathLens Offline

How much would it cost to get a front lip painted and a little bumper work? I don't want my whole front bumper to be painted because I know it's expensive. So is it possible to only paint a small part? My Mugen front lip recently got stolen. I plan on buying a Type-R front lip from ebay. My car got a brand new paint job not too long ago. (Stock color, Milano Red). So I guess it's not that hard to match the paint. Since the mugen lip is gone, the old paint is showing a little bit and the part where the lip was planted on is messed up.

Before:

After:

Also, my front bumper is a little low (as you can see, theres a gap in the hood). How much would it cost to get it fixed?

#2122163 - 12/11/07 09:27 PM Re: **Paint and Body work Questions HERE ONLY!!!!!!!!** [Re: DeathLens]
Post Master Supreme

5-600.00 on painting and maybe 200 to get bumper aligned. All VERY loose estimates as Im the detailer not the body work guy. I wouldnt be surprised if someone tried to tell you 1000.00 for everything either. And PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE research your body shops before you decide on one, there are tons of shady people out there just trying to make a quick buck.

-Matt

photobucket.jpg

#2122193 - 12/11/07 09:34 PM Re: **Paint and Body work Questions HERE ONLY!!!!!!!!** [Re: 2000CheetahStud]
DeathLens Offline

How about if I bring the front lip to the shop? What's the range cost to get just the lip painted?

#2303216 - 02/07/08 08:46 AM Re: **Paint and Body work Questions HERE ONLY!!!!!!!!** [Re: 2000CheetahStud]
zdizzle Offline
Jr Poster

Loc: TEXAS the friendly state
My 96 ek is n need of some serious lovin, im thinkin of rattle can'n it fb, untill my friends comes back in town to paint. Any important steps i should take besides washing it and taping. Do i primer over the stock paint? or just spray it black. i had a wreck and had to replace the front end wth ugly black parts while the rest of my body is silver. MY only body exprience is fittin parts any help will be appreciated
#2324229 - 02/13/08 02:58 PM Re: **Paint and Body work Questions HERE ONLY!!!!!!!!** [Re: zdizzle]
PurduinaSi Offline
Post Master Sr

Flat black? Flat black is hard to paint, especially with a rattle can. 9/10 it will look blotchy with some areas darker than the others. I doubt your paint is bad enough that a DIY flat black paint job is the only cure.

BTW: The "flat black" cars you see like on Rob and Big and on high class ferrari's/MB's are all done professionally with high end matte black paint, not rattle can flat black. Very hard to duplicate by yourself.

#2339805 - 02/18/08 02:03 PM Re: **Paint and Body work Questions HERE ONLY!!!!!!!!** [Re: DeathLens]
Post Master Supreme

Yea, like Bobby said, that is a tough color to paint well.

Originally Posted By: DeathLens
How about if I bring the front lip to the shop? What's the range cost to get just the lip painted?

My rear lip cost me 100.00 to get painted, use this as an estimate.

-Matt

photobucket.jpg

#2605826 - 05/03/08 06:02 PM Re: **Paint and Body work Questions HERE ONLY!!!!!!!!** [Re: 2000CheetahStud]
Roller
Unregistered

So what are my chances of getting this oxidation to come out with a good rubbing compound or any other suggestions you may have? The car looks good but up close after i used mcquires paint cleaner, then Zymol wax a few oxidation spots REALLY stood out! What you guys think of Zymol btw? Thank you very much in advance.

#3265271 - 12/04/08 03:21 AM Re: **Paint and Body work Questions HERE ONLY!!!!!!!!** [Re: Anonymous]
ZIGZAG Offline

i really wish to finished my car respraying by this next week dammit!
#4629647 - 03/30/10 12:33 PM Re: **Paint and Body work Questions HERE ONLY!!!!!!!!** [Re: needs a Charger]
elohel Offline

i just got my rear bumper redone. i see a bunch of sharp points (almost like grains of sand under the paint) on the bumper, some globbing on the bottom where they sprayed too heavily, and then the very edge of the bumper has like no paint. should i bring it back or are these normal traits of a redone bumper?
#7585682 - 03/03/14 08:19 PM Re: **Paint and Body work Questions HERE ONLY!!!!!!!!** [Re: 2000CheetahStud]
ShWiz Offline

I'm toying with the idea of painting some parts of my chassis. I haven't picked out any colors yet, but ideally I'd want something bright and long-lasting. Any advice on type of paint or equipment I'd need?
#8401249 - 10/14/15 01:37 AM Re: **Paint and Body work Questions HERE ONLY!!!!!!!!** [Re: 2000CheetahStud]
Advantage Auto M Offline

Loc: California, USA
The item is long gone from Ebay. But I had a big dent at one time and had a contractor who works for a local dealer do an amazing job fixing that.

I don't think bondo or paint job would have even got it to that. Considering I kept the original paint.

________

Sacramento Car Movers

Page 2 of 2 <12

Moderator:  CORONA.ESQ, 2000CheetahStud, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads