Page 22 of 23 « First<1920212223>
Topic Options
#10237105 - 04/04/22 02:13 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: furball]
Risky Business Offline
Provides a Great Work Environment. he/him
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: furball
I was wondering what our resident agents in here do on the regular, seeing as you'd see clients (Risky & Hatorade) ...

Originally Posted By: Risky Business
Forgot my mask today, walked into loblaws without one...

Wife said the hospitals are still full-blown mask/face shields? Though not full-blown disposable gowns/etc like in the middle of the pandemic?
 Originally Posted By: 355-Si
I haven’t worn a mask at work except for patient care (as mandated by work.)

There's some gastro shit going on in and around town, guessing the toddler is the germ vector ... diarrhea and shit .... Toddler just came down with a light fever yesterday (went for a hike in the morning, then kid's bday party held outdoors) ... RAT came back negative... She's staying home for the day.

Since I am going to people's houses I wear a mask/follow whatever instructions the owners have, it's the right thing to do. Their property, their rules.

My clients are more relaxed than I am, but since it's my problem I have to enforce the rules.

I mean I don't know what difference it makes, I am rolling BJJ weekly with dudes in VERY close proximity to me. Life goes on.

#10237349 - 04/04/22 07:36 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: Risky Business]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

This is what we've done

https://twitter.com/ryangerritsen/status/1511085167338733575?s=20&t=5awzk-npVhjroUPsOEl-cA

#10237478 - 04/05/22 07:34 AM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: Risky Business]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Toronto, ON
We're headed to Punta Cana in May, we'll see how that shit pans out. I'd imagine masks only on the plane, and pretty much nowhere else ...

Actually NOT looking forward to it, with a toddler and <1 yr old in tow...

Covid bod incoming

#10237521 - 04/05/22 09:07 AM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: furball]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

Why the would you do this with kids this young, you barely manage going to No Frills?
#10237981 - 04/05/22 06:47 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: Risky Business]
A2B-Lexus Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Raptors Land
Even no covid, bringing young ones to all inclusive isn't really a vacation. Its just chasing them around at +20s vs. -20s temp wise.

Right before covid, we brought our 1 year old to Mexico....the days of lounging and doing nothing but drink and nap is over.

QC back to having mask mandate.

#10238144 - 04/06/22 07:00 AM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: A2B-Lexus]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

The secret weapon is to bring one of the grandmothers if possible to try and actually vacation. Even then it's a shitshow.

Respect to furball doing this, he will get fucking rekt...but it's like a battle scar you can show off after you survive the event.

#10238145 - 04/06/22 07:03 AM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: Risky Business]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

In other news, got knocked out yesterday, barely drove myself home in the morning, shivers, pains, sweating, felt like throwing up, laying down was painful wtf. Started looking at burial plots on kijiji. Did rapid test twice, negative. Slept 12 hours overnight, woke up today feeling like a million bucks
#10238162 - 04/06/22 07:48 AM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: Risky Business]
Simon_the_Pieman Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: The A
from norovirus to nomovirus

#10238265 - 04/06/22 10:36 AM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: Risky Business]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

DING DING DING!

GMa: 'Fuck this, I sure as fuck don't wanna go. Y'all f'd in the head"
Wife: "Mom, you're going."
Me: "Can I not go then?"

The secret weapon is to bring one of the grandmothers

Apparently the trick is to go with a bunch of other friends with kids, kinda take turns 'n shit
Respect to furball doing this, he will get fucking rekt...but it's like a battle scar you can show off after you survive the event.

Rollin' with Dude Bros on the mats, seeing so many different people ... :shrug: It's the kids and rest of fam that's usually the cause for worry. Toddler + Infant had full fevers when they went thru it.
In other news, got knocked out yesterday, barely drove myself home ... Slept 12 hours overnight, woke up today feeling like a million bucks

#10238270 - 04/06/22 10:38 AM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: furball]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

In other news, some girl at work + husband stuck on some tropical island with covid symptoms ... they can't fly back until they test negative or some shit, so they're AirBnB'ing it or some shit? (Don't know full details yet other than she tried to work from there yesterday, and she looked like shit.)
#10238285 - 04/06/22 10:50 AM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: Risky Business]
SuPeR-MaRiO Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Toronto, Ontario
In other news, got knocked out yesterday, barely drove myself home in the morning, shivers, pains, sweating, felt like throwing up, laying down was painful wtf. Started looking at burial plots on kijiji. Did rapid test twice, negative. Slept 12 hours overnight, woke up today feeling like a million bucks

Fuck I lol'd at this. Glad to hear you're feeling better.

#10238707 - 04/06/22 07:57 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: SuPeR-MaRiO]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

Estimated 100k-120k DAILY infections in Ontario \:o

With the positivity rate of about 20% from PCR tests (those that are eligible) .... yeah, it's believable...

#10238797 - 04/07/22 07:26 AM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: furball]
c2k Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Wiesloch-Walldorf, Germany
Everyone in the house caught covid, including myself. What a fucking shitshow, with 5 of us being sick all at the same time.

GNSP.

#10238813 - 04/07/22 07:52 AM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: c2k]
Simon_the_Pieman Offline
Post Master Sr

Originally Posted By: c2k
Everyone in the house caught covid, including myself. What a fucking shitshow, with 5 of us being sick all at the same time.

GNSP.

feel better homie!

#10238828 - 04/07/22 08:21 AM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: c2k]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

Fuuuuuuck.

Did you guys ever figure out the germ vector?

When our household got it, we implemented crazy 'covid protocol', not only to reduce the risk when caring for kids, but also well, to avoid it if at all possible. Everyone eventually got it, but it was thankfully staggered by 2 days each...

... 5 of us being sick all at the same time.

#10238845 - 04/07/22 08:50 AM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: furball]
355-Si Offline
Post Master Sr

When I had Omicron in December, I tried to give it to my kids.

No dice. Must be the whitey in them 🤷🏻‍♂️

Hope everyone is feeling better soon!

#10239734 - 04/08/22 09:05 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: Risky Business]
A2B-Lexus Offline
Post Master Supreme

The secret weapon is to bring one of the grandmothers if possible to try and actually vacation. Even then it's a shitshow.

Good call. I think I prefer to go with friends with kids. Get to check out the milfs. LOL

The grandmasters can be high maintenance.

#10239972 - 04/09/22 10:40 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: A2B-Lexus]
Big Tasty Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto
Fucking booster. I've been perfectly fine for the past two years since this kicked off. Not even a sniffle.

Got my 3rd shot on Weds evening and started feeling like crap the next day. Took Friday off work and slept from noon til 8pm. Thought the fever broke last night but today still under the weather. Took the home test just now and I have COVID.

Everything I read says you can't get it from the shot but don't tell me I coincidentally get it the next day of the fucking booster.

#10240138 - 04/10/22 05:19 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: Big Tasty]
Simon_the_Pieman Offline
Post Master Sr

Originally Posted By: Big Tasty
Fucking booster. I've been perfectly fine for the past two years since this kicked off. Not even a sniffle.

Got my 3rd shot on Weds evening and started feeling like crap the next day. Took Friday off work and slept from noon til 8pm. Thought the fever broke last night but today still under the weather. Took the home test just now and I have COVID.

Everything I read says you can't get it from the shot but don't tell me I coincidentally get it the next day of the fucking booster.

after my 3rd shot i went down and out for 2 weeks. rest up man!

#10252097 - 05/04/22 12:34 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: Simon_the_Pieman]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

Came back from a week in Punta Cana... "Magically," covid doesn't exist for all the tourists on the resort, i.e. no masks on the resort. Was kinda freaked out but relaxed after a bit.

First time I went to a resort that's catered to families with small kids; there are resorts that are kid-friendly, and then there are Disney-world-esque resorts specifically for kids, like Nickelodeon Resorts, and then there's 'The Finest - Punta Cana'...

Upon arriving, I felt like a peasant ... wife was like wtf is going on, just 1 pair of swim trunks, 1 pair of shorts, flipflops, and 1 pair of casual shoes for you? etc... Hotel room had 3 full bottles of booze for you to drink as you please (Johnny, Barcelo, Stolichnaya), 'kids lounges with nanny' at every restaurant, etc.

Rain the last 1.5 days, didn't leave the resort for excursions, and kids both came back with weird shit (infant ear infection + fever, toddler fever + canker sores + other infection.)

We thankfully missed that whole Sunwing fucktard fiasco, and that whole "security check staffing issue" fiasco as well... MIL was 'randomly' chosen for a covid test though on return....

I checked the Dominican Republic covid vax rates... only about 54% have at least 1 shot.

Edited by furball (05/04/22 12:38 PM)

#10252102 - 05/04/22 12:41 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: furball]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

Toddler came back all fussy due to the canker sores 'n shit, so we kept her home cuz she wasn't eating at all... We figured out to give her cookies dipped in milk, and yogurt as her diet for 2 days....

Today's she's back at pre-school, which, still has mask mandate for teachers + parents.

Edited by furball (05/04/22 12:41 PM)

#10252590 - 05/05/22 10:18 AM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: furball]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

Got covid this week, weird experience.

Wife was down Mon/Tue, I was fine, she tested positive I tested negative.

Been testing every single day, on Tuesday really felt like a bag of shit, still tested negative.

Tested last night, positive, yet I feel I am almost recovered. These rapid tests are like fortune cookies.

#10252622 - 05/05/22 10:47 AM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: Risky Business]
Simon_the_Pieman Offline
Post Master Sr

Tested last night, positive, yet I feel I am almost recovered. These rapid tests are like fortune cookies.

but they taste like snot

#10252690 - 05/05/22 11:56 AM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: Risky Business]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

I get the feeling they're only sensitive to a point, i.e. you need a certain level of ... 'viral load'?

Then again ...

If you have tests to spare, test yourself every other day for say, another 10 days... because you're supposedly positive on a PCR test for ... up to 90 days if you've had covid prior? (i.e. confirm how sensitive those RATs are)

Did you guys ever determine patient zero in your case? Most important are the kids man ... as they're unvaxxed, and a fever on them is .... potentially dangerous.

Edited by furball (05/05/22 11:58 AM)

#10252758 - 05/05/22 01:34 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: furball]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

Pretty sure it was my wife.

Kids were the least affected by it, in fact I've never seen this amazing/caring side from my kids ever, they are literally trying to help us, reminding us to take tylenol, wtf. Usually it's the opposite.

#10252852 - 05/05/22 03:38 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: Risky Business]
SuPeR-MaRiO Offline
Post Master Sr

I caught it the other week. Avoided it for 2 years only to catch it because an idiot relative brought it into our house. Disclaimer the idiot relative was an idiot far before this incident.

Relative comes over on a Friday. Saturday morning my wife tells me that she tested positive. I was like "Wait, why did she out of the blue take a test? She was at our house and then 15 hours later she's feeling like shit?"

Apparently she was feeling like shit all week So wtf are you coming over to our house?!?

Sunday night I had incredible chills and the worst headache I've ever had. Monday tons of body aches. My cough started Wed or Thursday and has been lingering for 2 weeks now. People are telling me to expect it to last at least a month if not more.

What's funny is that I took a test on the Monday and it was negative. Took another on Tues or Wed and again negative. About an hour later my wife checks it and there is a faint second line. I go back to my first test and it too had a faint second line. By Friday when I was feeling better, I took a test and there is a clear solid second line.

My wife caught it as well a few days after me but not as severe. My eldest kid caught it but even less of an impact to him. My two other kids didn't catch it.

#10253144 - 05/06/22 08:16 AM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: SuPeR-MaRiO]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

I hope you've all stocked up on that shit... I think we still have ... ~50 tests...
#10253199 - 05/06/22 09:51 AM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: Risky Business]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

Did you guys figure out where she got it from? Not that it really matters --- it's so fucking prevalent now...

For us, we know the germ vector was via the toddler via pre-school. Exactly which kid, not sure.

Pretty sure it was my wife.

Edited by furball (05/06/22 09:51 AM)

#10259928 - 05/20/22 08:39 AM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: furball]
Big Tasty Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto
Wow, so we were planning a trip out of country starting tomorrow to fly out. We ended up nixxing the plans as we're still waiting on the kid's passports to come in and didn't want to book anything until we had them in hand. Good thing as one of the kids ended up testing positive for Covid this morning. Sucks that it's happening on a long weekend but glad we didn't spend loads on plane tickets or she test positive in a different country.
#10260498 - 05/21/22 05:54 AM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: Big Tasty]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

Hope the kid gets better quick man...

I'd imagine if you guys did book that trip, you'd hermit the week leading up to the trip.

We had an in-office meeting this week, and many folks either faked 'Covid symptoms but covid negative so staying home', or straight up 'Nope, have plans for cottage with friends so staying home' ...

#10276361 - 06/19/22 10:35 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: furball]
A2B-Lexus Offline
Post Master Supreme

Drove out East last week to Quebec city, PEI, Nova Scotia, Montreal last week. Masks were like a thing of the past. We masked when we were indoors at hotels and what not. I think the only people who wore them were tourists. Compare to Markham, I still see like maybe 60-80% depending where indoors.

We were planning to do patio dining but ended up indoors a couple of times and my wife managed to get covid. She literally just had a runny nose. The 1.5 year old, my 4 year old and I are perfectly fine. I did a rapid test 2x and negative both times.

On a side note, the East is nice. Nice to visit. Maybe too slow pace for me to live.

#10276530 - 06/20/22 10:39 AM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: A2B-Lexus]
SuPeR-MaRiO Offline
Post Master Sr

Several years back, my cousin vacationed in PEI and loved it. Her and husband spoke of retiring there. In 2019 she was on the hunt for a new job and when she couldn't find the right fit she found what she was looking for (job wise) in PEI. They packed up with family and moved in 2020. A pretty bold and surprising move.

In general everyone is very friendly there but there is a general attitude towards anyone from Toronto. That was massively compounded when they moved in 2020 by all the COVID cases that Toronto while it was almost non-existent in PEI.

In general they love it out there. Two year later the rest of our family is still trying to determine if they're going to stay there for life or they'll end up moving back (for several reasons, one of which is to be closer to family).

#10276682 - 06/20/22 02:48 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: A2B-Lexus]
c2k Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Wiesloch-Walldorf, Germany
 Originally Posted By: A2B-Lexus
Drove out East last week to Quebec city, PEI, Nova Scotia, Montreal last week. Masks were like a thing of the past. We masked when we were indoors at hotels and what not. I think the only people who wore them were tourists. Compare to Markham, I still see like maybe 60-80% depending where indoors.

We were planning to do patio dining but ended up indoors a couple of times and my wife managed to get covid. She literally just had a runny nose. The 1.5 year old, my 4 year old and I are perfectly fine. I did a rapid test 2x and negative both times.

On a side note, the East is nice. Nice to visit. Maybe too slow pace for me to live.

Wife and I are driving out East in 2 weeks, except we are not stopping in Montreal. We are stopping in QC, Fredericton, Halifax, Charlottetown, Moncton.

Any recommendations?

#10276853 - 06/20/22 09:23 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: c2k]
Senor Eduardo_82 Offline
miataist
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Ca�ada
Any recommendations?

Try the seafood.

#10276890 - 06/21/22 04:52 AM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: Senor Eduardo_82]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: Senor Eduardo_82
Any recommendations?

Try the seafood.

\:o

Page 22 of 23 « First<1920212223>

Moderator:  c2k, LNXGUY, TheRealCSnapper, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads