Page 12 of 23 « First<1011121314>Last »
Topic Options
#10044987 - 04/22/21 05:17 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: Risky Business]
Senor Eduardo_82 Offline
miataist
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Ca�ada
 Originally Posted By: Risky Business
Under 40?

For under 40 and not in a hotspot at home or work, and not fitting into any other phase 2 category, it's going to be a few more weeks. There's a strong push to get the hotspot neighbourhoods and workplaces taken care of ASAP. Then there's still a whackload of priority groups (essential workers, teachers, at-risk medical conditions, etc.). I think the best hope to get in sooner is if the age threshold for the AZ shot is lowered again, possibly to 30+ as it is in the UK.

The good news is our supply of Pfizer is going up for all of May, then further up in June. And we're starting to see J&J shots coming next week.

#10045078 - 04/22/21 07:23 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: Senor Eduardo_82]
porschetr Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: WBridge
So all planes from India/Pakistan is banned for 30 days.

I did some research and airlines are actually not re-protecting them via other countries. So, passenger from India won't be able to switch their direct DEL-YYZ to DEL - Germnay - Canada.

Their current tickets are only good for India-Canada direct flights in the future. or refund/keep for credit.

They were able to switch tickets last year when we banned direct flights from China. It was free.
So a lot of passengers from China made a stop in Korea, Thailand, Japan etc and still came in.

And negative Covid test result from India or Pakistan is not recognized in Canada.

Edited by porschetr (04/23/21 09:28 AM)

#10045521 - 04/23/21 01:15 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: porschetr]
A2B-Lexus Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Raptors Land
if they did this in the beginning, we wouldn't be as fxxked as we are now
#10045780 - 04/23/21 06:09 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: A2B-Lexus]
c2k Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Wiesloch-Walldorf, Germany
Vas...

You can get the AZ soon

https://toronto.citynews.ca/2021/04/23/a...s-30-naci-says/

#10046438 - 04/26/21 08:58 AM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: c2k]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Toronto, ON
Been getting pressure from wife to get a shot, any shot, because in Halton we're still at the 55+ age group.

I looked at Vaccine Hunters on Twitter, and ended up getting an Astra shot in Sauga Shoppers Drug Mart. (30 min drive + 45 min wait outside + 30 min inside)

The rest of the process is now confusing. Because I don't have a 2nd dose appointment, I have no idea wtf I do. I assume because this is a walk-in appt, I assume for the second dose I have to rush/find my own 2nd dose appt in about 4 mths.

#10046942 - 04/27/21 05:53 AM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: furball]
c2k Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: furball
Been getting pressure from wife to get a shot, any shot, because in Halton we're still at the 55+ age group.

I looked at Vaccine Hunters on Twitter, and ended up getting an Astra shot in Sauga Shoppers Drug Mart. (30 min drive + 45 min wait outside + 30 min inside)

The rest of the process is now confusing. Because I don't have a 2nd dose appointment, I have no idea wtf I do. I assume because this is a walk-in appt, I assume for the second dose I have to rush/find my own 2nd dose appt in about 4 mths.

You may be able to get the second shot sooner rather than later.

#10047541 - 04/27/21 06:07 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: c2k]
Simon_the_Pieman Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: The A
got my AZ today. feel normal, we'll see how tmrw goes...

#10047750 - 04/28/21 05:31 AM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: Simon_the_Pieman]
c2k Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: Simon_the_Pieman
got my AZ today. feel normal, we'll see how tmrw goes...

any updates on how you're feeling so far?

#10047765 - 04/28/21 07:17 AM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: c2k]
Simon_the_Pieman Offline
Post Master Sr

feel good. no fever. no weakness.

did a good workout last night too. sweating like a mofo. i figured getting the blood circulating might help. took a tylenol before bed as a precaution.

only weird thing is i woke up and saw a slight skin discoloration (darker) on my brow. as if i was wearing a baseball cap all day, across my forehead. i'll monitor it and see if it fades away.

#10047779 - 04/28/21 08:02 AM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: Simon_the_Pieman]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

I had my Astra shot on a Sunday afternoon.

I had my typical 'flu shot' symptoms, but more intense, and longer (2-3x as long):
- sore arm
- sensitive skin pretty much full body (like a sunburn)
- tired ....

It's Wed AM and my arm is still sore.

Wife said to NOT take any Tylenol etc during the first 1-2 days, as it'll decrease the immune response or something? ...

#10047824 - 04/28/21 09:34 AM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: furball]
Simon_the_Pieman Offline
Post Master Sr

Originally Posted By: furball

Wife said to NOT take any Tylenol etc during the first 1-2 days, as it'll decrease the immune response or something? ...

interesting. pharma tech said take tylenol or advil for fever/pain but didnt mention a time when or when not to.

did a virtual doc call online and they said if my skin isnt painful or itchy the discoloration isnt anything to be concerned about. just to monitor it.

hope you feel better furball!

#10047914 - 04/28/21 10:59 AM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: Simon_the_Pieman]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

Yeah, the Pharmer also told me to same.

Quick search as to why NOT to take Tylenol after vaccine, returns this layman article: https://www.cbc.ca/news/health/fever-reducers-covid-vaccinations-1.5912295

Originally Posted By: Simon_the_Pieman
pharma tech said take tylenol or advil for fever/pain but didnt mention a time when or when not to.

#10049874 - 05/01/21 08:46 AM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: furball]
porschetr Offline
Post Master Supreme

Got Pfizer about 24 hours ago.
Don't have any symptoms.
My arm currently feels like I just had an ordinary needle 30 minutes ago.
Very minor soreness if I touch the area.

Feel bad for the volunteers/workers at the register.
A number of people trying to convince that they are eligible for it, arguing for minutes.
Took only about 30 seconds to process mine.
Some people were there forever.

Restaurant worker was one. The other girl was saying she lives in the hot spot with mom, but she hasn't changed her address..

#10049899 - 05/01/21 11:23 AM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: porschetr]
Cee_mon Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Barrie, Ontario
I did moderna last week. Sore arm for 2 days. Was also told not to take tylenol or advil.

#10049920 - 05/01/21 01:47 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: Cee_mon]
Risky Business Offline
Provides a Great Work Environment. he/him
Post Master Supreme

Where did you get the moderna? Hospital? Are you high risk?

#10049971 - 05/01/21 05:34 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: Risky Business]
Cee_mon Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Barrie, Ontario
38 years old. Wife is due in 3 weeks at the time. They did it for her and me as her primary care giver and was given at Sperling drive clinic in barrie. Wife is high risk and they actually asked her to call me to come in.

#10050067 - 05/02/21 01:21 AM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: Cee_mon]
The Postman Offline
A-List Member also The Man
Post Master Sr

Wifes ICU is currently at 21 COVID+. 17 from the GTA lol.

Her ER which normally has about 16 RNs, has been trying to run with 12-13. Lots of sick calls, personal days, stress. Her Manager has basically checked out.

Had a family of 8 come all the way from Brampton. All of them positive.

Mental health has sky rocked. Lots of ODs, alcohol poisoning, I wanna kill myself. Plus all the regulars, normal patients from accidents, injuries, normal sick people.

Shes been an RN for 18 years now and always loved it. The past few months especially being locked down, no gyms, restaurants, malls and no travel, shes really starting to get stressed and upset regularly. The bottle of tequila I bought last week was gone in a few nights.

On a positve note, Im getting my vaccine this week. AZ but Im not waiting around for another one.

#10050076 - 05/02/21 08:31 AM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: The Postman]
BroKe Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Markham, Ontario
Why is Canada the only country in the world experimenting with second dose times. 4 month from 2 week recommendation. Seems like a bad move that could potentially blow up in our face.
#10050083 - 05/02/21 09:13 AM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: BroKe]
porschetr Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: BroKe
Why is Canada the only country in the world experimenting with second dose times. 4 month from 2 week recommendation. Seems like a bad move that could potentially blow up in our face.

Not enough vaccines.
Even with just one shot, most people will avoid death or hospitalization if they catch COVID.
So they rather have everyone with the first dose than some people with two doses.

#10050091 - 05/02/21 11:24 AM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: porschetr]
BroKe Offline
Post Master Sr

Originally Posted By: porschetr

Not enough vaccines.
Even with just one shot, most people will avoid death or hospitalization if they catch COVID.
So they rather have everyone with the first dose than some people with two doses.

For how long though? First shot starts wearing off over time. If the manufacturer recommends 3 weeks and you go 4 months, that sounds like gamble to me. Only country in the world to do this. Untested. Smh

#10050092 - 05/02/21 11:29 AM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: BroKe]
BroKe Offline
Post Master Sr

Edit: after some research it looks like they maybe be shortening the time in between. Good.
#10050143 - 05/02/21 05:45 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: BroKe]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

On Tuesday they are opening vaccinations for those in Markham that are 35+, only certain postal codes. Mine isn't on it \:\|

Also is there a rule of thumb or a way to find out what vaccine is administered prior to booking a place? Is it disclosed up front, do I need to call and ask?

#10050144 - 05/02/21 05:49 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: Risky Business]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

Never mind, looks like I can get it based on "where I work" and they disclosed it's Pfizer or Moderna.

Let's see if I can get it this week.

#10050145 - 05/02/21 06:20 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: Risky Business]
porschetr Offline
Post Master Supreme

Ontario is opening up for any adult who lives or works in hot spots starting tomorrow.

#10050202 - 05/03/21 07:42 AM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: porschetr]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

Amazon Prime Delivery has extended their delivery to ~4-5 days ...

OH NO I can't get my Lightning cables in time!

It's more the fact they're finally shutting down large facilities with outbreaks... Amazon, Canada Post Gateway facility, etc...

#10050207 - 05/03/21 07:50 AM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: furball]
BroKe Offline
Post Master Sr

Still can't believe we wasted an entire year of doing nothing about it until now. Praying they don't fuck it up with reopening shit too early and second dose distribution
#10050252 - 05/03/21 08:54 AM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: BroKe]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

Still can't believe we wasted an entire year of doing nothing about it until now. Praying they don't fuck it up with reopening shit too early and second dose distribution

Curious, for someone as vocal as you have you been vaccinated yet?

#10050259 - 05/03/21 09:01 AM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: BroKe]
SuPeR-MaRiO Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Toronto, Ontario
Still can't believe we wasted an entire year of doing nothing about it until now.

Care to elaborate? I'm not saying this past year has gone smoothly, but I'm curious as to how you define "doing nothing".

#10050328 - 05/03/21 09:58 AM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: Risky Business]
BroKe Offline
Post Master Sr

Curious, for someone as vocal as you have you been vaccinated yet?

no, its not my turn yet. I'm not going to region hop, or wait in line or even run around to fight for it. I will register when online booking becomes available for me. I haven't left my house in over a year. I hope these ppl that are scurring to get their first dose don't get too lax either

Edited by BroKe (05/03/21 10:07 AM)

#10050332 - 05/03/21 10:07 AM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: SuPeR-MaRiO]
BroKe Offline
Post Master Sr

Originally Posted By: SuPeR-MaRiO
Still can't believe we wasted an entire year of doing nothing about it until now.

Care to elaborate? I'm not saying this past year has gone smoothly, but I'm curious as to how you define "doing nothing".

took too long to close boarders, kept loosening lockdown restrictions way too early, took too long to start enforcing any orders. took too long to look at businesses and schools as places of transmission. had a entire year to plan vaccination roll out and yet we have people waiting in line for 5 hours. and the main thing was not enough public education on covid, which is why why have people protesting over it. saying masks aren't needed then needed, down playing covid at first. I was tracking covid from china back in NOV 2019 and purchased n95 masks back then because I knew it was coming due to chinese new year and such. and who TF am I? nobody. whole government was in denile for the longest time. and i've said this before but it has to do with alot of privilege and entitlement.

#10050433 - 05/03/21 11:45 AM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: BroKe]
porschetr Offline
Post Master Supreme

Doug Ford wanst to tighten up the border.
Trudeau still claiming Covid cases coming from abroad is extremely low and won't action any further.

"Extremely low" number of those people are still spreading new variants and won't be extremely low if they keep coming in.

#10050642 - 05/03/21 03:43 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: BroKe]
robbbby Offline
master electrician
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Canada
I haven't left my house in over a year.

This absolutely boggles my mind. How old are you?

#10050724 - 05/03/21 06:21 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: robbbby]
BroKe Offline
Post Master Sr

Originally Posted By: robbbby
I haven't left my house in over a year.

This absolutely boggles my mind. How old are you?

not literally lol. I still go get food, but I got laid off a year ago so I haven't been going out really. haven't seen my friends in a year lol

#10050725 - 05/03/21 06:29 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: BroKe]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

so....like what do you do to keep busy?

Are you inventing a cure for cancer?

#10050743 - 05/03/21 07:19 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: Risky Business]
BroKe Offline
Post Master Sr

so....like what do you do to keep busy?

Are you inventing a cure for cancer?

working out lol I was over weight going into this and now i'm the lightest i've ever been in my adult life. its boring sometimes but I actually enjoy not having anything to do. blessing and a curse I guess.

Page 12 of 23 « First<1011121314>Last »

Moderator:  c2k, LNXGUY, TheRealCSnapper, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads