Page 2 of 16 <12345>Last »
Topic Options
#8186756 - 04/26/15 10:08 AM Re: now we have car detail, how about a thread for lawn detail? [Re: loudsubz]
The Postman Offline
A-List Member also The Man
Post Master Sr

I put top soil down then the seed on top. Lightly raked it in a bit and just watered like crazy. I used one of those black weeping watering hoses and just left it on the lawn. Nothing for about 2 weeks, them BAM, it just grew.

This year Im going to overseed my whole lawn with the stuff and just spread out some topsoil on the low and bald areas. I have zero shade, so it doesnt take much for my grass to look like crap. Ive had good results with the stuff anyway.

#8186779 - 04/26/15 10:31 AM Re: now we have car detail, how about a thread for lawn detail? [Re: The Postman]
loudsubz Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Ontario, Canada
so the Eco grass seed + magic carpet fertilizer = thread done?
#8186849 - 04/26/15 11:48 AM Re: now we have car detail, how about a thread for lawn detail? [Re: loudsubz]
zaius Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Toronto
if I over seed with this Eco green, will it push out the weeds in my problem areas?

#8186904 - 04/26/15 01:10 PM Re: now we have car detail, how about a thread for lawn detail? [Re: zaius]
Wildout Offline
Post Master Jr

It's still too cold to overseed, but it's perfect time to put down the fertilizer.
#8186994 - 04/26/15 03:31 PM Re: now we have car detail, how about a thread for lawn detail? [Re: zaius]
Risky Business Offline
Provides a Great Work Environment. he/him
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: zaius
if I over seed with this Eco green, will it push out the weeds in my problem areas?

No it won't that's an old wife's tale

Eco seed however is amazing and I swear by this stuff.

#8187045 - 04/26/15 04:49 PM Re: now we have car detail, how about a thread for lawn detail? [Re: zaius]
c2k Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Wiesloch-Walldorf, Germany

You need to buy weed and feed for that if you have a weed problem. But buy the stuff in th US. Nome of the Ontario stuff works.

#8187252 - 04/26/15 08:01 PM Re: now we have car detail, how about a thread for lawn detail? [Re: c2k]
civic13 Offline
Post Master

Loc: You Know
Over seeded, fertilized, and put down some grubex the week where we had all that rain. Hopefully it'll turn out ok when it gets warmer.
#8187310 - 04/26/15 08:35 PM Re: now we have car detail, how about a thread for lawn detail? [Re: civic13]
zaius Offline
Post Master Sr

will border crossing slap me silly and black list me if I declare and bring pesticides over?

#8187326 - 04/26/15 08:51 PM Re: now we have car detail, how about a thread for lawn detail? [Re: civic13]
Wildout Offline
Post Master Jr

Originally Posted By: civic13
Over seeded, fertilized, and put down some grubex the week where we had all that rain. Hopefully it'll turn out ok when it gets warmer.

Hopefully you fertilized a week before you did the overseeding

#8187362 - 04/26/15 09:39 PM Re: now we have car detail, how about a thread for lawn detail? [Re: loudsubz]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Toronto, ON
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVgYem00o1w \:\|
#8187372 - 04/26/15 09:49 PM Re: now we have car detail, how about a thread for lawn detail? [Re: zaius]
c2k Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

will border crossing slap me silly and black list me if I declare and bring pesticides over?

the CBSA enforces federal laws, not provincial law. I've declared pesticides over and it's fine.

#8187482 - 04/27/15 05:21 AM Re: now we have car detail, how about a thread for lawn detail? [Re: c2k]
zaius Offline
Post Master Sr

Originally Posted By: c2k

the CBSA enforces federal laws, not provincial law. I've declared pesticides over and it's fine.

thanks buddy!

#8187511 - 04/27/15 08:06 AM Re: now we have car detail, how about a thread for lawn detail? [Re: Wildout]
civic13 Offline
Post Master

Originally Posted By: Wildout

Unfortunately I didn't hence the "Hopefully it'll turn out ok when it gets warmer" statement \:\)

#8187528 - 04/27/15 08:40 AM Re: now we have car detail, how about a thread for lawn detail? [Re: Wildout]
Screamin Type ARGH! Offline
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

Loc: T.O. - Canaduh
 Originally Posted By: Wildout

+1 for this. i learned that the hard way years ago lol...

i know this season i did the fert (corn gluten one)+weed killer early april, just when it warmed and 1-2 days before that huge rain we had.

now this past wkend i just did the overseed plus a bit of top soil, will do more soil down when it warms up.

"Ban low performance drivers, not high performance cars"

#8187556 - 04/27/15 09:12 AM Re: now we have car detail, how about a thread for lawn detail? [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
The Postman Offline
Post Master Sr

Doing my ferilizing today then some topsoil and seed next week. I wonder if I'll look like a real moron with the sprinkler out already lol.
#8187570 - 04/27/15 09:41 AM Re: now we have car detail, how about a thread for lawn detail? [Re: The Postman]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

I haven't even turned on the water to the external taps yet ... \:\|
#8191608 - 04/29/15 04:19 PM Re: now we have car detail, how about a thread for lawn detail? [Re: c2k]
zaius Offline
Post Master Sr

picked up the magic carpet for 33.89 taxes in from:

http://www.mavisgardens.com/products/fertilizers

it was not far from me.

alright C2K. i bought this stuff from that exact store today.

let's hope i don't burn the grass brown... any setting requirements for this stuff?

#8195053 - 05/02/15 06:03 AM Re: now we have car detail, how about a thread for lawn detail? [Re: zaius]
c2k Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

picked up the magic carpet for 33.89 taxes in from:

http://www.mavisgardens.com/products/fertilizers

it was not far from me.

alright C2K. i bought this stuff from that exact store today.

let's hope i don't burn the grass brown... any setting requirements for this stuff?

nope, just following the instructions on the bag and sprinkle away.

I put this stuff down on my parents lawn 2 weeks ago and damn, the grass is growing super fast.

#8195111 - 05/02/15 09:10 AM Re: now we have car detail, how about a thread for lawn detail? [Re: c2k]
The Postman Offline
Post Master Sr

On the hunt for this MC stuff today.
#8196028 - 05/03/15 11:56 AM Re: now we have car detail, how about a thread for lawn detail? [Re: The Postman]
zaius Offline
Post Master Sr

good deal on that Scott's coloured mulch at lowes right now. buy one get one free for $6.99.

or you can go to Home Depot or Rona and price match for additional 10% if you show them the flyer

/redflagrealz

http://flyers.lowes.ca/h/m/lowes/flyer/browse?flyer_run_id=47777&locale=en&type=1

#8196091 - 05/03/15 01:38 PM Re: now we have car detail, how about a thread for lawn detail? [Re: zaius]
c2k Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Thanks for posting that. I bought 10 bags!! 6 are for my parents, 4 are for me.

#8196097 - 05/03/15 01:48 PM Re: now we have car detail, how about a thread for lawn detail? [Re: c2k]
c2k Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

None of the local home hardware stores listed on the willflower's distributor carries the eco grass seeds. I had to go to Sheridan's nursery and they had the LAST bag on the shelf. The cost for the bag? $49.99 at the register

I laid down the grass seed this afternoon with dirt and this stuff better be worth the 50 bucks.

#8196108 - 05/03/15 02:02 PM Re: now we have car detail, how about a thread for lawn detail? [Re: c2k]
The Postman Offline
Post Master Sr

Lol, its only $35 at the Home Hardware here in Binbrook. I should buy it and sell it to you guys for $40.

The garden centre guy said the reason this Ecolawn stuff is so good is because its 99% Fescue seed. Its the same type of seed used on playing fields, turf, etc. Requires little water and it will grow anywhere. According to him anyway lol.

#8196213 - 05/03/15 05:02 PM Re: now we have car detail, how about a thread for lawn detail? [Re: The Postman]
zaius Offline
Post Master Sr

i think for the local home hardware, you need to order it in then pick it up.

should take 2-3 days. i used to browse through their catalogue and order weird products to test out. lol

#8196217 - 05/03/15 05:04 PM Re: now we have car detail, how about a thread for lawn detail? [Re: zaius]
zaius Offline
Post Master Sr

i find sherdian is F'IN EXPENSIVE for everything. as much as i'd like to help the local companies, the mark ups are like 20-30% daily.

#8196274 - 05/03/15 06:28 PM Re: now we have car detail, how about a thread for lawn detail? [Re: zaius]
LNXGUY Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Barrie, Ont,
Fescue is the shit, drought tolerate, doesn't grow very fast, Wildflower up in Coldwater is the place that actually makes Eco-Lawn.

#8198393 - 05/05/15 10:40 AM Re: now we have car detail, how about a thread for lawn detail? [Re: LNXGUY]
Wildout Offline
Post Master Jr

Originally Posted By: LNXGUY
Fescue is the shit

#8213911 - 05/17/15 07:45 AM Re: now we have car detail, how about a thread for lawn detail? [Re: civic13]
Choco 'Nuck Offline
Proud Member of BLM
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Somewhere out there

Did the same as you and so far, so good. The patches that I had are growing in nicely (daily watering doe for seed to germinate and grow)

#8213926 - 05/17/15 08:34 AM Re: now we have car detail, how about a thread for lawn detail? [Re: Choco 'Nuck]
c2k Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

nice job wayne! your grass is super green! you sure it's not green from the radioactive material from the pickering power plant?

I wish my grass was as thick as yours! but Im hoping by the end of May or beginning of June it will be as thick as yours. The new grass is growing in painfully slow as I had a lot bare spots from the grubs.

what did you use for the fertilizer?

I was planning on putting down some grubex sometime at the end of may or beginning of june, is that a bit too late?

#8214013 - 05/17/15 11:22 AM Re: now we have car detail, how about a thread for lawn detail? [Re: c2k]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

I've got brown spots all over the fucking place ... Especially on 'corners' of the yard where I guess dirt/other shit collect and kill the grass... \:\|

I still have massive browned spots all along the edges of the front lawn FML ... Spent a back-breaking 2 hours drilling out dandelion cores with an extractor... Holy fuck my lawn looks like a groundhog went at it...

I might go ghetto style and do a 'patio' in the back with huge 24x36" patio slabs cuz they're dirt cheap; just throw em on top of the shitty grass? Or would I be fucked ... \:\|

Edited by furball (05/17/15 11:23 AM)

#8214171 - 05/17/15 05:03 PM Re: now we have car detail, how about a thread for lawn detail? [Re: Choco 'Nuck]
civic13 Offline
Post Master

Originally Posted By: Chocolate Canuck

Did the same as you and so far, so good. The patches that I had are growing in nicely (daily watering doe for seed to germinate and grow)

Nice. Mine's looking the same as yours. Still have a lot of empty spots though and I've already cut it twice at about 3" tall.

Tempted to cut it short next time and over seed the empty spots and top/lawn soil it.

#8214373 - 05/17/15 09:56 PM Re: now we have car detail, how about a thread for lawn detail? [Re: c2k]
Choco 'Nuck Offline
Proud Member of BLM
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Somewhere out there
nice job wayne! your grass is super green! you sure it's not green from the radioactive material from the pickering power plant?

I wish my grass was as thick as yours! but Im hoping by the end of May or beginning of June it will be as thick as yours. The new grass is growing in painfully slow as I had a lot bare spots from the grubs.

what did you use for the fertilizer?

I was planning on putting down some grubex sometime at the end of may or beginning of june, is that a bit too late?

I used something from an acquaintance of a neighbour. He brings in a container every march. Grubex will kill grub and the larvae, but you don't want to give them time to start eating the roots. Put the stuff down already

#8214499 - 05/18/15 06:18 AM Re: now we have car detail, how about a thread for lawn detail? [Re: furball]
c2k Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: furball
I still have massive browned spots all along the edges of the front lawn FML ... Spent a back-breaking 2 hours drilling out dandelion cores with an extractor... Holy fuck my lawn looks like a groundhog went at it...

when you removed the weeds, I hope you threw in a bunch of grass seeds into the hole. This will make your lawn look like it didnt get fucked up by the groundhog.

Quote:
I might go ghetto style and do a 'patio' in the back with huge 24x36" patio slabs cuz they're dirt cheap; just throw em on top of the shitty grass? Or would I be fucked ... \:\|

sure go do that, but i'd buy a blanket from a real landscaping store, not HD or any of the big box stores. Lay down the blanket + limestone screening + patio slab and that'll make sure the grass wont grow through the cracks.

#8281198 - 07/08/15 10:18 AM Re: now we have car detail, how about a thread for lawn detail? [Re: c2k]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

I spread out 2 small packs of grass seed across my front/rear lawn, probably over-seeded by 100% ... My lawns are uber thick and dark green compared to my neighbours now \:\| Fresh dirt + seeding fixed up all the winter-burned edges on my front lawn though ... YAY!

I do have some circular burnt spots; fucking neighbours walking around with their pets I assume

I mowed it a couple times, and well... After a really close mow, you can tell the roots and the soil isn't 'healthy'. It just doesn't look lush. (when I extract the weeds, the soil is light brown, dry as hell, and crumbles... I'd expect it to be 'richer'?) I'll probably need to buy like 20 bags of soil and spread that shit around. (I have tiny yards, so not exactly sure how much soil is proper...)

Now, fucking weeds of all kinds are growing from all over ... I have some prickly fucked up ones, and another one that looks like a vine that grows thru the grass; I have to slowly untangle that bitch from my grass before tugging at it.

What's the ideal grass blade length? I think my mower has it at about 2"? I'm probably gonna adjust it up to 3-4" ...

Edited by furball (07/08/15 10:21 AM)

#8281231 - 07/08/15 10:39 AM Re: now we have car detail, how about a thread for lawn detail? [Re: Choco 'Nuck]
Euphoricuck Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Canadistan
 Originally Posted By: Chocolate Canuck
(daily watering doe for seed to germinate and grow)

derp

Page 2 of 16 <12345>Last »

Moderator:  c2k, LNXGUY, TheRealCSnapper, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads