Page 10 of 12 « First<89101112>
Topic Options
#7667342 - 04/27/14 04:53 PM Re: help with my lawn....ver. can't grow grass/weeds [Re: civic13]
Screamin Type ARGH! Offline
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

Loc: T.O. - Canaduh
just did my front n back yard today 12:30-3:30 uuuuuuuugggggggghh my back \:\(
im so tired lol.

2 full brown bags on the curb, some fresh soil on certain spots and triplemix/black earth on lawn, corn gluten weed n' feed down and tree base done with black mulch too. leave my overseeding thus season till fall.

"Ban low performance drivers, not high performance cars"

#7667362 - 04/27/14 05:06 PM Re: help with my lawn....ver. can't grow grass/weeds [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
LNXGUY Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Barrie, Ont,
I got a full bag from my front yard today, still lots of dead grass but it looks a lot better. Can any of you guys recommend a pre emergent herbicide? I want to get a handle on the crabgrass before it starts this year. I'd like something I could spray on if possible.

#7668988 - 04/28/14 03:18 PM Re: help with my lawn....ver. can't grow grass/weeds [Re: LNXGUY]
civic13 Offline
Post Master

Loc: You Know
Just heard this on the radio.

Not sure if pricing is good or not.
http://lessmess.ca/

#7670670 - 04/29/14 01:59 PM Re: help with my lawn....ver. can't grow grass/weeds [Re: civic13]
Wildout Offline
Post Master Jr

2 bags of dead grass from the front. 6 from the back

All my hard work from last year gone, due to this past winter. It's going to be an expensive summer for lawn maintenance.

I put down lots of seed & halved the amount for fertilizer. Will put more down in a month. Didn't put down any topsoil yet as I knew the storm was coming & didn't want half of it to wash away with the amount of rain where suppose to be getting.

#7670679 - 04/29/14 02:04 PM Re: help with my lawn....ver. can't grow grass/weeds [Re: Wildout]
Choco 'Nuck Offline
Proud Member of BLM
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Somewhere out there
Yeah, mine at the front is screwed too. Need to reseed, but waiting until its a bit warmer.
#7670692 - 04/29/14 02:10 PM Re: help with my lawn....ver. can't grow grass/weeds [Re: Choco 'Nuck]
civic13 Offline
Post Master

How do you guys dethatch...manual rake style or that lawn mower blade thing . I'm using the rake style and find that sometimes I'll pull up a wad of grass too. Is that a sign of grubs/infestation of some sort?

Any tips on how to make a lumpy/bumpy lawn even?

#7670694 - 04/29/14 02:10 PM Re: help with my lawn....ver. can't grow grass/weeds [Re: Wildout]
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: Wildout

All my hard work from last year gone, due to this past winter. It's going to be an expensive summer for lawn maintenance.

I put down lots of seed & halved the amount for fertilizer. Will put more down in a month. Didn't put down any topsoil yet as I knew the storm was coming & didn't want half of it to wash away with the amount of rain where suppose to be getting.

is your grass "young" or weaker? sounds like it needs to be better established with longer roots. when mowing, don't cut it too short...best to leave a bit of length each time, or mainly when fall hits.

does your house face south? mine does and the front lawn is doing ok beacuse of the sun it gets, since this winter with all the snowmelt, the grass/lawn has tonnnss of moisture trapped and absorbed. my backyard is still brown and 'flat' looking with small green patches...barely any sun to it vs. the front since it's much more shaded.

also i found using a winter fertilizer helps tremendously for when the grass wakes up in spring. i've used this the past 2 yrs and this year again my front lawn is looking pretty good already vs. almost all neighbours. can't say the same for my backyard grass though lol. try winter fertilizing (apply it mid-Oct or so) and see how that works for you next spring (in addition to the usual spring/summer care you'll do these upcoming months)

#7670704 - 04/29/14 02:12 PM Re: help with my lawn....ver. can't grow grass/weeds [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
LNXGUY Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Glad I 'dethatched' before all this fucking rain!

#7670705 - 04/29/14 02:12 PM Re: help with my lawn....ver. can't grow grass/weeds [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
c2k Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Wiesloch-Walldorf, Germany
 Originally Posted By: Screamin DC2R

also i found using a winter fertilizer helps tremendously for when the grass wakes up in spring.

that's a great brand.. I'll be sure to try it out!! oh wait...

#7670708 - 04/29/14 02:14 PM Re: help with my lawn....ver. can't grow grass/weeds [Re: c2k]
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: c2k

also i found using a winter fertilizer helps tremendously for when the grass wakes up in spring.

that's a great brand.. I'll be sure to try it out!! oh wait...

a few companies make it...i just buy whatever brand from CDN tire (white bag, prob CIL or Scotts??) and it works ok. come aug/sept you'll find whatever 'brands' around. prob not worth buying online.

#7670808 - 04/29/14 03:00 PM Re: help with my lawn....ver. can't grow grass/weeds [Re: LNXGUY]
titty sprinkles Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto,Ontario
 Originally Posted By: LNXGUY
Glad I 'dethatched' before all this fucking rain!

I still need to dethach

#7670833 - 04/29/14 03:11 PM Re: help with my lawn....ver. can't grow grass/weeds [Re: titty sprinkles]
LNXGUY Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

gnsp

#7671938 - 04/30/14 10:19 AM Re: help with my lawn....ver. can't grow grass/weeds [Re: civic13]
Wildout Offline
Post Master Jr

Originally Posted By: civic13
How do you guys dethatch...manual rake style or that lawn mower blade thing . I'm using the rake style and find that sometimes I'll pull up a wad of grass too. Is that a sign of grubs/infestation of some sort?

Any tips on how to make a lumpy/bumpy lawn even?

I did manual one year and never again. My body was DONE after. Manually doing it is way better though. Bought the electric one from crappy tire and leave it on the highest setting, plus tilt it back a bit because it can really damage your lawn if you're not careful.

Now with that said, I used it to loosen the soil is the bad areas and then laid down the new seed.

I did it before all the rain came as well, the grass has to be dry or you'll be taking out clumps lol

#7680379 - 05/05/14 08:08 PM Re: help with my lawn....ver. can't grow grass/weeds [Re: Wildout]
civic13 Offline
Post Master

Did the first cut of the season. Mowed it low.
Dethatched again.
Laid down some grubex.
Topsoil.
Eco-lawn seed.
Lets see how it turns out.

#7680414 - 05/05/14 08:26 PM Re: help with my lawn....ver. can't grow grass/weeds [Re: civic13]
LNXGUY Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

So everything in this country fucking sucks donkey balls when it comes to herbicide.. I went to get some preemergent herbicide today and they said the only thing they have that's even close is....corn glutten

So another trip down to NY is in order I guess. What else should I load up on while down there? I know Vas made a giant haul last year or so, any recommendations on shit that's 'must have' would be appreciated.

#7680422 - 05/05/14 08:31 PM Re: help with my lawn....ver. can't grow grass/weeds [Re: LNXGUY]
titty sprinkles Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto,Ontario
they finished paving my street today, looks mint. now i can get started on the lawn once they get their signs off.

should put house up for sale and get $500,000 over asking since it'll look all new haha

#7680450 - 05/05/14 08:47 PM Re: help with my lawn....ver. can't grow grass/weeds [Re: LNXGUY]
civic13 Offline
Post Master

So everything in this country fucking sucks donkey balls when it comes to herbicide.. I went to get some preemergent herbicide today and they said the only thing they have that's even close is....corn glutten

So another trip down to NY is in order I guess. What else should I load up on while down there? I know Vas made a giant haul last year or so, any recommendations on shit that's 'must have' would be appreciated.

You need this shit

\:D

#7680454 - 05/05/14 08:50 PM Re: help with my lawn....ver. can't grow grass/weeds [Re: civic13]
LNXGUY Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

You are my hero, thank you sir \:\) Can you recommend some good fertilizers I can get down there as well? I'm assuming EVERYTHING down there is better then anything we can get up here.

#7680489 - 05/05/14 09:10 PM Re: help with my lawn....ver. can't grow grass/weeds [Re: LNXGUY]
civic13 Offline
Post Master

I think wildout said this stuff was good

#7680528 - 05/05/14 09:28 PM Re: help with my lawn....ver. can't grow grass/weeds [Re: civic13]
LNXGUY Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

I want my shit to glow green at night.

#7681361 - 05/06/14 01:56 PM Re: help with my lawn....ver. can't grow grass/weeds [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
Wildout Offline
Post Master Jr

Originally Posted By: Wildout

is your grass "young" or weaker? sounds like it needs to be better established with longer roots. when mowing, don't cut it too short...best to leave a bit of length each time, or mainly when fall hits.

does your house face south? mine does and the front lawn is doing ok beacuse of the sun it gets, since this winter with all the snowmelt, the grass/lawn has tonnnss of moisture trapped and absorbed. my backyard is still brown and 'flat' looking with small green patches...barely any sun to it vs. the front since it's much more shaded.

also i found using a winter fertilizer helps tremendously for when the grass wakes up in spring. i've used this the past 2 yrs and this year again my front lawn is looking pretty good already vs. almost all neighbours. can't say the same for my backyard grass though lol. try winter fertilizing (apply it mid-Oct or so) and see how that works for you next spring (in addition to the usual spring/summer care you'll do these upcoming months)

I somehow missed this. My house faces North, backyard south. I used winter fertilizer with the scotts spreader in Nov I believe.

I also cut at the highest setting for my mower 3.5 inches I believe. My grass is relatively young 3 years, but it's the worst this year. Still better than the neighbours as they have weeds already growing, but so much farther to go.

Only thing I can think of is the 5 foot snow that sat on it all winter. (I get the drifts).

#7681363 - 05/06/14 01:58 PM Re: help with my lawn....ver. can't grow grass/weeds [Re: civic13]
Wildout Offline
Post Master Jr

I think wildout said this stuff was good

It works well, but don't dare put that on without watering. I've seen people think they can put it on and wait for the rain. Nope nope nope

#7681407 - 05/06/14 02:36 PM Re: help with my lawn....ver. can't grow grass/weeds [Re: Wildout]
c2k Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

+1 grub ex.

I have a bad grub infestation in my backyard from my neighbours. You can clearly see the top part of my grass is ruined by the grubs.

I will put a generous amount at the end of may to fucking kill them.

#7682005 - 05/06/14 10:09 PM Re: help with my lawn....ver. can't grow grass/weeds [Re: LNXGUY]
CIVIC dude Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Buy this stuff: Magic Carpet fertilizer.

The greenest grass ever.
Been using this stuff for a few years now, instant results & best grass on the street.

#7682047 - 05/06/14 11:00 PM Re: help with my lawn....ver. can't grow grass/weeds [Re: CIVIC dude]
civic13 Offline
Post Master

Originally Posted By: CIVIC dude

The greenest grass ever.
Been using this stuff for a few years now, instant results & best grass on the street.

Where did you get it and how much?

#7682135 - 05/07/14 04:24 AM Re: help with my lawn....ver. can't grow grass/weeds [Re: civic13]
zaius Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Toronto
fuuuuuuuuuuu i want that grubEx

any problems bringing it back over the border?

side note: another reason not the elect the liberals... they banned herbicides on us. lol

#7682145 - 05/07/14 05:58 AM Re: help with my lawn....ver. can't grow grass/weeds [Re: zaius]
LNXGUY Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

After doing some reading, it doesn't appear anyone has issues bringing that stuff back. It's illegal to buy, not possess, lol. FUCK THE LIBREALS!

#7682152 - 05/07/14 06:14 AM Re: help with my lawn....ver. can't grow grass/weeds [Re: LNXGUY]
c2k Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

the border only upholds federal laws not provincial laws.

#7682154 - 05/07/14 06:18 AM Re: help with my lawn....ver. can't grow grass/weeds [Re: c2k]
LNXGUY Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: c2k
the border only upholds federal laws not provincial laws.

I will be bringing back some crack as well.

#7682433 - 05/07/14 07:16 AM Re: help with my lawn....ver. can't grow grass/weeds [Re: CIVIC dude]
Risky Business Offline
Provides a Great Work Environment. he/him
Post Master Supreme

The greenest grass ever.

Pix of your grass?

#7682520 - 05/07/14 07:20 AM Re: help with my lawn....ver. can't grow grass/weeds [Re: LNXGUY]
spd-dmn Offline
Post Master

After doing some reading, it doesn't appear anyone has issues bringing that stuff back. It's illegal to buy, not possess, lol. FUCK THE LIBREALS!

Careful though, you still want to be as much on the d-low as possible.

Reason being, it is against the by-law of most any city to possess or use.

#7682596 - 05/07/14 07:30 AM Re: help with my lawn....ver. can't grow grass/weeds [Re: spd-dmn]
LNXGUY Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: spd-dmn

Careful though, you still want to be as much on the d-low as possible.

Reason being, it is against the by-law of most any city to possess or use.

I'm not too worried about someone asking what's in my fertilizer spreader \:\)

#7682734 - 05/07/14 08:48 AM Re: help with my lawn....ver. can't grow grass/weeds [Re: Risky Business]
CIVIC dude Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Farm supply store in Bolton, usually $35/bag if it hasn't gone up.

Originally Posted By: Risky Business
Pix of your grass?

Still early in the season for pics....

#7682769 - 05/07/14 09:08 AM Re: help with my lawn....ver. can't grow grass/weeds [Re: CIVIC dude]
civic13 Offline
Post Master

Damn, Bolton?!?!?
Nothing in the GTA or like Markham/Mississauga?

#7682789 - 05/07/14 09:21 AM Re: help with my lawn....ver. can't grow grass/weeds [Re: CIVIC dude]
Risky Business Offline
Provides a Great Work Environment. he/him
Post Master Supreme

Farm supply store in Bolton, usually $35/bag if it hasn't gone up.

Originally Posted By: Risky Business
Pix of your grass?

Still early in the season for pics....

Bookmarked ;\)

Page 10 of 12 « First<89101112>

Moderator:  c2k, LNXGUY, TheRealCSnapper, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads