Page 9 of 12 « First<7891011>Last »
Topic Options
#7373352 - 11/04/13 07:23 PM Re: help with my lawn....ver. can't grow grass/weeds [Re: civic13]
titty sprinkles Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto,Ontario
i haven't even started to rake up leaves, i'll wait till there's a butt load on the ground and there's no rain for a few days then just run the mower over it all.

#7636142 - 04/06/14 10:35 PM Re: help with my lawn....ver. can't grow grass/weeds [Re: titty sprinkles]
The Postman Offline
A-List Member also The Man
Post Master Sr

Its almost time.

Having learned from last year, I'll need to water more and keep on top of the weeds this year.

Im going to start dethatching this week and cleaning up all the stones and ashphalt thats scattered everywhere.

#7636157 - 04/06/14 10:59 PM Re: help with my lawn....ver. can't grow grass/weeds [Re: The Postman]
civic13 Offline
Post Master

Loc: You Know
It's suppose to rain late tomorrow/tues and thurs

Anyone know a reputable company that does landscaping, decks, and fencing?

#7636160 - 04/06/14 11:04 PM Re: help with my lawn....ver. can't grow grass/weeds [Re: civic13]
4Three Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Markham, ON, Canada
i don't know how much truth there is to this, but weedman or lawnman or whatever tried to sell me their services (which i felt was over priced) and said when you get aeration done, those companies that just go door to door, their equipment is spreading the weed seeds from one lawn to the next, whereas weedman will clean with blades out with some type of weed seed killer before using the equipment on your lawn.

something to think about.

#7636194 - 04/07/14 12:06 AM Re: help with my lawn....ver. can't grow grass/weeds [Re: 4Three]
civic13 Offline
Post Master

I aerate my own lawn manually with this since it's small.

#7636282 - 04/07/14 06:41 AM Re: help with my lawn....ver. can't grow grass/weeds [Re: civic13]
LNXGUY Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Barrie, Ont,
Still lots of snow on the ground, then I gotta clean up the 60,000lbs of sand on my lawn.

#7636319 - 04/07/14 07:37 AM Re: help with my lawn....ver. can't grow grass/weeds [Re: 4Three]
Screamin Type ARGH! Offline
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

Loc: T.O. - Canaduh
 Originally Posted By: 4Three
i don't know how much truth there is to this, but weedman or lawnman or whatever tried to sell me their services (which i felt was over priced) and said when you get aeration done, those companies that just go door to door, their equipment is spreading the weed seeds from one lawn to the next, whereas weedman will clean with blades out with some type of weed seed killer before using the equipment on your lawn.

something to think about.

aerating is actually best done in fall, that's when i usually do mine. spring is fine and when most folks do it it seems. for aerating ,i've used the same landscaper guy a couple of times but usually now just use some kid going door-to-door. our lawn is so bloody small they do it for $15 lol, or $20 now i think?

i dunno, i find weedman is a ripooofff and a half, the price just do to my small lawn (front/back) is the same as someone with a huge lot. duurrr. i dont even bother with them. not sure about that blade cleaning crap blahblahblah. i do weed n feed myself anyways, and im sure most companies do a decent job for much less.

"Ban low performance drivers, not high performance cars"

#7636351 - 04/07/14 07:50 AM Re: help with my lawn....ver. can't grow grass/weeds [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
spd-dmn Offline
Post Master

^^ LOL @ avatar
#7636352 - 04/07/14 07:51 AM Re: help with my lawn....ver. can't grow grass/weeds [Re: spd-dmn]
LNXGUY Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

The last time some young brown guy with an aerator showed up, he wanted $45

#7636378 - 04/07/14 08:02 AM Re: help with my lawn....ver. can't grow grass/weeds [Re: LNXGUY]
Risky Business Offline
Provides a Great Work Environment. he/him
Post Master Supreme

These two guys do my area, did my front and back yard for $40, gave them a $5 tip. They hustled, 1 guy each yard, 30 mins and they were done.
#7636526 - 04/07/14 08:59 AM Re: help with my lawn....ver. can't grow grass/weeds [Re: Risky Business]
A2B-Lexus Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Raptors Land
I had field mice destroy my lawn in the back yard this winter. Tunneling on the surface the chewed the grass down to the dirt. Got some grass seeds and fertizer at Crappy Tire over the weekend.....will mix with some top soil and try to regrow it.
#7636587 - 04/07/14 09:15 AM Re: help with my lawn....ver. can't grow grass/weeds [Re: A2B-Lexus]
LNXGUY Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Fucking skunks are digging my shit up so far this year..

#7636874 - 04/07/14 11:23 AM Re: help with my lawn....ver. can't grow grass/weeds [Re: LNXGUY]
c2k Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Wiesloch-Walldorf, Germany
Im gonna go nuts w/ peat moss + top soil + grass seed.

this winter killed my grass. it looks like I dont have any grass \:\(

#7637164 - 04/07/14 02:05 PM Re: help with my lawn....ver. can't grow grass/weeds [Re: c2k]
Wildout Offline
Post Master Jr

This winter has compacted the shit out of my lawn. Like 3-4 inches everything has sunken. I gotten build up that grade all over again.

Just going to using the power detacher on the lowest settings and start from scratch. Nevermind all the winter crap all over the lawn.

#7637415 - 04/07/14 04:11 PM Re: help with my lawn....ver. can't grow grass/weeds [Re: Wildout]
titty sprinkles Offline
Post Master Supreme

Plan of action this year is to dethatch (got lazy in the fall) aerate, top soil and seed the piss out of it. if the weeds pop up again some of that weed b gone from america will take care of it, but this year i need to get the grass to grow in the shade, between the fence and trees that doesn't get much light.

#7637528 - 04/07/14 05:30 PM Re: help with my lawn....ver. can't grow grass/weeds [Re: titty sprinkles]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

For shade seed I went to the local nursery and they suggested these seeds that grow in any climate, not shade seed (forget the name, will be buying again). I put them in late fall and they started growing around my tree then winter came. Once I get the name I will let you know, been battling this shit for almost 3 years.
#7637736 - 04/07/14 07:32 PM Re: help with my lawn....ver. can't grow grass/weeds [Re: Risky Business]
c2k Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Wiesloch-Walldorf, Germany
 Originally Posted By: Risky Business
For shade seed I went to the local nursery and they suggested these seeds that grow in any climate, not shade seed (forget the name, will be buying again). I put them in late fall and they started growing around my tree then winter came. Once I get the name I will let you know, been battling this shit for almost 3 years.

please do let us know. i plan on putting a shitload in a couple of weeks.

#7637769 - 04/07/14 07:49 PM Re: help with my lawn....ver. can't grow grass/weeds [Re: Risky Business]
titty sprinkles Offline
Post Master Supreme

werd, i remember you had a shaded area that you were trying to grow grass, was going to shoot you a msg when i was ready to attack it.

#7638115 - 04/08/14 06:44 AM Re: help with my lawn....ver. can't grow grass/weeds [Re: titty sprinkles]
LNXGUY Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

I am going to re-seed/overseed with a fescue mix from WildFlower Farm in Coldwater. This fucking shit will grow anywhere...

http://www.wildflowerfarm.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=20

#7638200 - 04/08/14 08:01 AM Re: help with my lawn....ver. can't grow grass/weeds [Re: LNXGUY]
The Postman Offline
Post Master Sr

You can buy seed in bulk from a sod farm if you can find one in the GTA. Here in Binbrook there are a bunch. The seed they sell is supposed to grow real fast and in basically any area. They harvest the sod from this place right around the corner from me, reseed and its grown back in what seems like a few weeks.

Gonna stock up on the USA products too.

#7638205 - 04/08/14 08:04 AM Re: help with my lawn....ver. can't grow grass/weeds [Re: LNXGUY]
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: LNXGUY
I am going to re-seed/overseed those brit chicks with big boobs.

#7664749 - 04/25/14 11:46 AM Re: help with my lawn....ver. can't grow grass/weeds [Re: titty sprinkles]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: titty sprinkles

werd, i remember you had a shaded area that you were trying to grow grass, was going to shoot you a msg when i was ready to attack it.

Just went to the nursery and got the same seed, i forgot how expensive it is $50 for a bag

Honestly don't bother unless you have a brutal situation like mine, shade, plus huge trees that absorb all water, no chance for grass to survive. This sh!t will grow in any condition. I will post progress shots later

#7664865 - 04/25/14 12:37 PM Re: help with my lawn....ver. can't grow grass/weeds [Re: Risky Business]
LNXGUY Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Right on Vas! My soil is like 99% sand, it's fucking horrible Looking forward to your results!

#7665059 - 04/25/14 02:27 PM Re: help with my lawn....ver. can't grow grass/weeds [Re: LNXGUY]
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

this sunday is my lawn day, front and back for everything - *prepares advil and voltaren for lower back and hips*

at least it's small has hell lol

Edited by Screamin DC2R (04/25/14 02:28 PM)

#7665458 - 04/25/14 07:51 PM Re: help with my lawn....ver. can't grow grass/weeds [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
titty sprinkles Offline
Post Master Supreme

That's probably why vas, there's two big trees there next to the grass that doesn't grow. I'm getting a late start this year, not only is the construction across the street of the condos going, but they decided to also re pave the entire street, they dug up part of my lawn and have construction signs on it too so I haven't even bothered.

The condos across the street also block out the sunlight in the late evening, good or bad for the lawn? (West facing house)

#7665612 - 04/25/14 09:42 PM Re: help with my lawn....ver. can't grow grass/weeds [Re: Risky Business]
civic13 Offline
Post Master

Originally Posted By: titty sprinkles

Just went to the nursery and got the same seed, i forgot how expensive it is $50 for a bag

Honestly don't bother unless you have a brutal situation like mine, shade, plus huge trees that absorb all water, no chance for grass to survive. This sh!t will grow in any condition. I will post progress shots later

Where is this nursery?

Been trying that Scotts stuff but

#7665665 - 04/25/14 10:21 PM Re: help with my lawn....ver. can't grow grass/weeds [Re: civic13]
LNXGUY Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Wildflower is based in Coldwater, but I'm pretty certain they resell at a bunch of garden places. You can also order it online.

#7665854 - 04/26/14 02:53 AM Re: help with my lawn....ver. can't grow grass/weeds [Re: LNXGUY]
CIVIC dude Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Bought a 5lb bag of that wildflower seed at home hardware $35 / bag

http://mobile.homehardware.ca/en/detail?R=I5065164

#7665890 - 04/26/14 08:30 AM Re: help with my lawn....ver. can't grow grass/weeds [Re: CIVIC dude]
zaius Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Toronto
is this wildflower seed the bomb? will it grow under pine trees and their acidic needles?

#7665917 - 04/26/14 09:38 AM Re: help with my lawn....ver. can't grow grass/weeds [Re: CIVIC dude]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: CIVIC dude
Bought a 5lb bag of that wildflower seed at home hardware $35 / bag

http://mobile.homehardware.ca/en/detail?R=I5065164

Thanks, just picked up $18 in credit \:D

#7665918 - 04/26/14 09:40 AM Re: help with my lawn....ver. can't grow grass/weeds [Re: zaius]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: zaius
is this wildflower seed the bomb? will it grow under pine trees and their acidic needles?

You have to trim your pine tree y0, I have one and no issues, but it's trimmed up to about 8 feet up.

My grass under one maple tree is a joke, can never get it to grow and this seed is the only thing that seems to be working. I put it up last fall when it didn't get a chance to grow, but even now with the winter grass is popping up. I fertilized yesterday and will seed next weekend, by the looks of it this stuff will work, and it will work well.

#7665938 - 04/26/14 10:04 AM Re: help with my lawn....ver. can't grow grass/weeds [Re: Risky Business]
The Postman Offline
Post Master Sr

I'm gonna hunt that Wildflower seed down today. If it works I'm buying Vas a case of beer lol.
#7665966 - 04/26/14 11:05 AM Re: help with my lawn....ver. can't grow grass/weeds [Re: The Postman]
The Postman Offline
Post Master Sr

That was easy. Had it at the garden centre right in town. Let the gardening begin.

#7666134 - 04/26/14 02:40 PM Re: help with my lawn....ver. can't grow grass/weeds [Re: The Postman]
Wildout Offline
Post Master Jr

I did the raking of the front lawn 2 weekends ago, but haven't put anything down yet.

The backyard will start tomorrow, but it is horrid. This winter has been so bad for my lawn. I'm pretty much starting from scratch for half of it. Sucks.

I still have a huge bag of seed/fertilzer/weed killer all from last year Plus 18 bags of soil. I'm going to hate tomorrow, but will post progress pics

#7666252 - 04/26/14 04:22 PM Re: help with my lawn....ver. can't grow grass/weeds [Re: Wildout]
civic13 Offline
Post Master

Went and checked out a nearby nursery and they're selling it for $50/bag. Fuk dat. Ordered two bags from HH and getting it on tues \:D

Is there such a thing as an all-around general purpose fertilizer? Can never remember how to decipher those numbers on the front and when to use what.

Page 9 of 12 « First<7891011>Last »

Moderator:  c2k, LNXGUY, TheRealCSnapper, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads