Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#10297013 - 07/28/22 07:04 PM Doctors dropping fast.
Cee_mon Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Barrie, Ontario
5 Doctors have died this summer, all within the greater toronto area. Hospitals saying it has nothing to do with the vaccines. Anybody reading if this is happening elsewhere and we just dont hear about it?

https://torontosun.com/news/local-news/w...-to-die-in-july

#10297191 - 07/29/22 08:25 AM Re: Doctors dropping fast. [Re: Cee_mon]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Toronto, ON
I fail to see the correlation to the vaccine? What in the fuck?

Stress, and potentially coming out of hibernation of 2 yrs of pandemic lockdown, are likely more important factors than anything...

That dude who was Chief of Emergency Medicine or whatever is a definite sad loss man .... leadership in that area is ... needed.

#10297205 - 07/29/22 09:04 AM Re: Doctors dropping fast. [Re: furball]
Risky Business Offline
Provides a Great Work Environment. he/him
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: furball
I fail to see the correlation to the vaccine? What in the fuck?

I don't understand a stance like this, do you have definitive proof that it's not.

I am not saying it is or it isn't, I personally don't know, but I do find it strange that if the vaccine is brought up in question people freak the fuck out. I am not out here debating shit I know nothing about nor would I take a stance on something that no one has any proof on, pro vaccine or not.

#10298229 - 07/30/22 09:25 PM Re: Doctors dropping fast. [Re: Risky Business]
4Three Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Markham, ON, Canada
A prudent person would want all avenues researched and investigated, even (and maybe especially) if it challenged their own beliefs.

There's a story about 14 Libyan doctors who have passed away from cardiac arrest in the last month (I wasn't able to find any other articles to confirm this). I'm not smart enough to know why or how, but I'd at least be suspicious enough to think this isn't same randomness.

Any how, politics, ideologies, and all that aside, your typical family doctor takes about nine years of post high school education. For the GTA to lose 5 in a short span in an already understaffed healthcare system is not good.

#10299729 - 08/02/22 02:27 PM Re: Doctors dropping fast. [Re: 4Three]
355-Si Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Toronto, Ontario
I’m sure this’ll add fuel to some sort of fire… but this is what I was told today by an EMRG doc and a PA, “don’t let your kids get the vaccine.”

Also, from one of my best friends who is an EMRG nurse who was pro vaccine to the point of “I can’t wait for the second dose to be released”… she said “this vaccine is calling all sorts of problems.”

I told her I was shocked to hear those words from her mouth considering her previous position.

Food for thought.

#10299735 - 08/02/22 02:33 PM Re: Doctors dropping fast. [Re: 355-Si]
TheRealCSnapper Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto, Canada
 Originally Posted By: 355-Si
I’m sure this’ll add fuel to some sort of fire… but this is what I was told today by an EMRG doc and a PA, “don’t let your kids get the vaccine.”

Also, from one of my best friends who is an EMRG nurse who was pro vaccine to the point of “I can’t wait for the second dose to be released”… she said “this vaccine is calling all sorts of problems.”

I told her I was shocked to hear those words from her mouth considering her previous position.

Food for thought.

is this how disinformation gets started?

#10299893 - 08/02/22 05:26 PM Re: Doctors dropping fast. [Re: TheRealCSnapper]
4Three Offline
Post Master Sr

How does one even qualify disinformation in this day and age? Literally any position you want to take, you can find articles to support it, and find like-minded people to rally with you. The "news" is this thing that's politicized, left or right, and it's almost impossible to find an unbiased and objective report. All these extreme views from both sides constantly trying to discredit and cancel the other.

Personally, I find myself not trusting anything. I think about fundamental values and commonalities that should bring the people together and how we can focus on those, instead of all the things to argue about and tear us apart.

Edited by 4Three (08/02/22 06:29 PM)

#10300016 - 08/02/22 09:21 PM Re: Doctors dropping fast. [Re: TheRealCSnapper]
355-Si Offline
Post Master Sr

Because it goes against the previously pushed narrative?

I’m vaccinated thrice, as is my wife. And both my kids are vaccinated x2.
I don’t have any current plan to receive any subsequent doses unless threatened with termination. Then I’ll re-visit the position.

My wife said she’ll likely get it.
As for the kids, unknown.

But I wouldn’t say it’s misinformation at all.
It’s information coming from the very people responsible for administering the medication.
It’s opinion no doubt… but isn’t it all opinion?
Or is it that if the media outlets talk about it, it’s no longer opinion… but rather science-based fact?
None of the people I mentioned are saying you’re a retard for getting it, and I’m certainly not either.

Over the past two years, so many organizations and medical experts had to walk back statements they made… that’s misinformation because you’re misinforming the public and then changing your statements (and even after that, I chose to get vaccinated.) ie: “you won’t get Covid if you’re fully vaccinated,” or “if you’re fully vaccinated you don’t have to social distance or wear a mask in indoor settings.”
That second one was from June 2021 from DeVilla and Tam.

I acknowledged that my post will likely cause (you) to say something about it… but I was merely stating that several people I hadn’t expected to take that stance, are taking that stance.

#10300104 - 08/03/22 07:25 AM Re: Doctors dropping fast. [Re: 355-Si]
Screamin Type ARGH! Offline
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

Loc: T.O. - Canaduh
ban doctors!

"Ban low performance drivers, not high performance cars"

#10300110 - 08/03/22 07:32 AM Re: Doctors dropping fast. [Re: 355-Si]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

You work with the best information you have at the time you need to provide advice, information, or a position.

As long as that's made clear that 'The information we have to-date indicates it is best to X', I believe that's transparency.

What if someone says 'Isn't it true though, <Dr Professional>, that YYY though, and that goes against what you just said?' .. The likely position is Dr Professional would 'advise' and reiterate 'based on the information we have today, <reiterate same position>'...

If new information comes to light, that position could change, but to take a full step back would likely cause confusion as well. Majority of these that 'speak for the country' typically don't have agendas.... :shrug:

One of the more conspiracy theory shit was the 'you do not need N95s, cloth mask will do' transformed into 'We needed to preserve the supply of N95s for the professionals who are dealing with covid patients day-in, day-out'... That one, I'm in agreement was fucked.

Originally Posted By: 355-Si
Because it goes against the previously pushed narrative?

#10300114 - 08/03/22 07:39 AM Re: Doctors dropping fast. [Re: furball]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

This is an article and position I can understand and empathize ...

https://www.cnn.com/2022/08/02/health/co...ness/index.html

Summary:
- Some physician says when Back-To-School begins in Sept, she won't be masking her kids...

Quote:
I also think it's reasonable for parents and caregivers to make a different risk calculus. Children are already at low risk for severe illness from Covid-19. Vaccination further reduces that risk. In addition, the currently circulating variants are so contagious that it's quite hard to avoid infection. Some families could decide that they are not prioritizing avoiding infection anymore, and therefore are choosing not to mask their children at school.

#10300223 - 08/03/22 09:46 AM Re: Doctors dropping fast. [Re: furball]
355-Si Offline
Post Master Sr

I just read your article.
I actually see similarities between it and what I mentioned.
One is a conversation in passing among medical colleagues… the other is a formulated reply in an interview.

The vaccines have been documented to change things for the negative in some patients so that’s nothing new. But it’s not a popular topic because it kinda goes against what majority of us have done (which is to get vaccinated.)

My thing with what the medical community did early on was that you’re supposed to be who we trust, and while I agree that things change and that causes regulations to change, some of the stuff they said was just opposite and that’s not change that’s just wrong.

“You will not get Covid if you’re vaccinated” - completely wrong. Wrong in every way since there’s no absolutes in medicine. So don’t even say that.

It took two days for the WHO to walk back their claim about asymptomatic spread. We all knew they were wrong but they said it anyways… and then walked it back.

Who is the publicist for all these people?? Lol. Like fuck.

#10300587 - 08/03/22 04:13 PM Re: Doctors dropping fast. [Re: 355-Si]
4Three Offline
Post Master Sr

Politicians should not have dispensed medical advice.

Society should welcome public discourse, especially on matters infringing on personal rights, instead of shutting down discussion and cancelling everyone (Joe Rogan?).

No one should say "trust the science" when they don't wish to engage in scientific debate. There were plenty of scientists, doctors, healthcare workers trying to speak up about contradictory information they had. Society told them to shut up, employers and government threatened their jobs. The basis of science is, come up with a theory, test it, challenge it, try to break it, until you are reasonably convinced it stands. Then test it some more. This was not that.

#10300718 - 08/03/22 08:55 PM Re: Doctors dropping fast. [Re: 4Three]
355-Si Offline
Post Master Sr

Also, with regards to the doctors dying (I realize this thread got away from us) I just gotta say that I think nothing of it.

Doctors die all the time. So a few died in a short period of time... and then of course someone has to get defensive about the vaccine and how it wasn't that.

They just died.
Cardiomegaly can kill you and it can occur in healthy people due to increase strain on their cardiovascular systems from working out or running.

Just saying. I never thought for a second (nor do I currently think) it's vaccine-related.
But... someone show me evidence (aside from "they all got vaccinated") and I'm open to debate.

#10301523 - 08/05/22 08:53 AM Re: Doctors dropping fast. [Re: 355-Si]
Screamin Type ARGH! Offline
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

Loc: T.O. - Canaduh
Ontario

"Ban low performance drivers, not high performance cars"

#10302407 - 08/07/22 07:31 AM Re: Doctors dropping fast. [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
c2k Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Wiesloch-Walldorf, Germany

this sums up the thread

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  c2k, LNXGUY, TheRealCSnapper, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads