Page 16 of 23 « First<1415161718>Last »
Topic Options
#10083949 - 07/02/21 09:01 AM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: furball]
Risky Business Offline
Provides a Great Work Environment. he/him
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: furball
felt like I did a hard day of manual labour...

how would you know what that feels like?

#10085004 - 07/05/21 09:08 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: furball]
BroKe Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Markham, Ontario
Got my shot. Pfizer. Sore arm for now.
#10085042 - 07/06/21 12:39 AM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: furball]
The Postman Offline
A-List Member also The Man
Post Master Sr

Had my first AZ back in May, getting my second which will be Moderna tomorrow through the vacination clinic at work. Wednesday I will be booking a 2 week vacation the Mexico in August.

Wifes ER barely has any covid patients these days. With the bars and restaurant being open, lots of drunks though. OD's and mental health is still really really high.

The Skyway in St Kitts was closed for 8hrs last night because of a jumper. Once the cops talked him down, the wife had him as a patient.

#10085052 - 07/06/21 04:57 AM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: The Postman]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

Damn, share more of these mental health stories. Those are always intriguing.
#10085223 - 07/06/21 10:49 AM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: Risky Business]
Screamin Type ARGH! Offline
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

Loc: T.O. - Canaduh
yikes....hope ppl will be ok coping back to normal. the gov royally fucked this up. i'm all for mask/social distance and limiting bigger public places/gathers and even some lesser ppl in stores. but they went toooo fucking far....and now we'll all suffer. Ford as fail as he is i feel for him too as the direction he got was all over the map i'm sure. and trudeau the dumbass just had to shut down more incoming flights earlier since Jan 1. 2021 and we would have had way less variant/cases.

"Ban low performance drivers, not high performance cars"

#10086148 - 07/07/21 04:33 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
porschetr Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: WBridge
Quite the setup at Hmart in Thornhill

#10086294 - 07/07/21 11:18 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: porschetr]
BroKe Offline
Post Master Sr

Lol that's hardcore
Apparently there is an even worse varient than the delta. I hope it doesn't get here.

https://nypost.com/2021/07/05/fears-arise-that-lambda-covid-variant-may-be-resistant-to-vaccines/

#10086546 - 07/08/21 12:59 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: BroKe]
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: BroKe
Lol that's hardcore
Apparently there is an even worse varient than the delta. I hope it doesn't get here.

https://nypost.com/2021/07/05/fears-arise-that-lambda-covid-variant-may-be-resistant-to-vaccines/

it already is but ONT health and docs give such whack info/details and follow up. apparently it's like 80% of our remaining cases loool, but media plays it down (or up, they change daily)...yet our #'s down and it's NOT as bad a variant. meanwhile they don't open up and folks (esp young ppl) mental health is suffering. sure the vax will help, but yet they say 'oh yeah can't open up yet, not good enough...oh wait, variant it's too strong, can't open cos vax won't cover it)...gtfo

btw we're already on to "Sigma" strain now in other nations per the media reports i saw yesterday morning. so yeah it's coming here next ZOMMMMMMGG

#10086650 - 07/08/21 03:10 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
Big Tasty Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto
Got my second Pfizer shot on Monday, sore arm for a couple of days but that's about it.
#10086843 - 07/08/21 08:46 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
BroKe Offline
Post Master Sr

Originally Posted By: Screamin Type ARGH!
 Originally Posted By: BroKe
Lol that's hardcore

apparently it's like 80% of our remaining cases loool,

I think that's the delta. Not the one I the article.
Oh well what can you do. Is what it is. I've done my part. That's all I need to worry about.

#10086854 - 07/08/21 09:29 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: BroKe]
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

lamda now from sigma

soon it'll be zeta all the things variant

#10086981 - 07/09/21 08:57 AM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Toronto, ON
https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/08/health/pfizer-waning-immunity-bn/index.html
#10086995 - 07/09/21 09:15 AM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: furball]
Big Tasty Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto
Of course the Pharma companies will say this...umm ya, we're gonna have to keep the shots going cause betterment to society and my new Bugatti.
#10090636 - 07/15/21 02:43 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: Big Tasty]
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

https://www.reddit.com/r/onguardforthee/...decisions_were/

fucking no surprise here if true. as much as ford is shit, so are the health experts used to push their fucked agenda. not to mention trudeau idiot and his fail at halting flights WAY sooner, and giving better direction.

i have spoke to 3 docs over the past few months (in diff fields) and they all agree the media / gov and most likely big biz have perpetuated all sorts of bs re. the virus. one of the docs personally knows 3 other docs who have had threats from the ONT board that their licenses be revoked if they 'speak up or speak out further' on covid. basically he said the gov just uses docs that service their agenda/interests (no surprise here of course) re. controlling the masses.

#10090752 - 07/15/21 04:18 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
355-Si Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Toronto, Ontario
100%

#10090858 - 07/15/21 06:23 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: 355-Si]
porschetr Offline
Post Master Supreme

Whichever excuses they used to close down restaurants and in-person services for the last couple of months, I think it needed.

New daily cases for yesterday
US-36,000
UK-42,000
Russia - 24,000
Indonesia -54,000
Canada -384

#10090985 - 07/15/21 10:19 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: porschetr]
BroKe Offline
Post Master Sr

Originally Posted By: porschetr
Whichever excuses they used to close down restaurants and in-person services for the last couple of months, I think it needed.

US-36,000
UK-42,000
Russia - 24,000
Indonesia -54,000
Canada -384

Agreed.
I dunno how people can be in denile still just cause they can't have their way.

#10091088 - 07/16/21 06:54 AM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: porschetr]
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: porschetr

US-36,000
UK-42,000
Russia - 24,000
Indonesia -54,000
Canada -384

the Gov went WAY overboard. the media only added fuel to the fire. mental health out the window, ppl's lives rekt esp small biz owners. if someone got sick FROM a location then sure shut her down. but every single place i've been to over the last year or more, person spoken to visited there or working there...nobody sick from it. docs same opinion. i can understand 50% capacity when numbers were bad but over that it does fuck all.

lockdown shit happened as sadly ppl can't follow basic rules like mask/distance/hands in certain areas of the city which just flared shit up...shocker we all know most areas lol. not to mention in the winter months it'll be more common anyways and won't go away for awhile even with vax. i am glad the vax seems to be working though which is great, and i feel for our heathcare workers who have to deal with the virus itself and now the fallout. meanwhile the rich get richer and us everyday folks bent over going fwd now with cost of living.

#10091571 - 07/17/21 10:31 AM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
A2B-Lexus Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Raptors Land
Indoor dining available but I don't feel comfortable doing that especially when my kids can't get the vaccine.

Will be happy to see friends visit with masks on outdoors, thats about it for us.

What are you guys' work situation like? I work downtown and some companies are allowing staff back in on a volunteer basis. (people who live in shoebox condos seems to be the ones who don't mind going in from what i hear)

#10091652 - 07/17/21 08:42 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: A2B-Lexus]
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: A2B-Lexus
Indoor dining available but I don't feel comfortable doing that especially when my kids can't get the vaccine.

Will be happy to see friends visit with masks on outdoors, thats about it for us.

What are you guys' work situation like? I work downtown and some companies are allowing staff back in on a volunteer basis. (people who live in shoebox condos seems to be the ones who don't mind going in from what i hear)

dude you've let the media fear mongering get to you and fam lol...

but do whatever you feel is best/safest for you and them of course.

#10091671 - 07/17/21 11:05 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
BroKe Offline
Post Master Sr

Everyone's risk level is different. Nothing wrong with taking precaution.
Rather be on lockdown than have another outbreak. Good thing our vaccination level is decent or we'd be like the states right now. Knowing that these shots aren't 100% either, it's better to take precaution than go back to whatever you think normal should be. I'm definitely not eating inside any restaurants for a while.

#10091742 - 07/18/21 02:06 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: BroKe]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

The only issue, and it's a non issue in the GTA are the non vaccinated people.

Can you get covid after being double vaxed? Yes you can, you can also transmit and infect. The part no one talks about is that effect/sickness is equivalent of a light cold....so at this point even if you get covid after being double vaxed is really just a matter of time and irrelevant. Those that are not vaccinated are at risk for as new variants are more contagious and hospitalization.

I am tired of this shit. We've done what we can, we will need booster shots as the half life of the vaccines seems to be less than a year, but other than that this lockdown nonsense needs to end. Let people make their own decisions. If you are paranoid, stay home, otherwise get on with your life.

#10091762 - 07/18/21 04:27 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: Risky Business]
BroKe Offline
Post Master Sr

Correct. Is what it is. Let ppl make their own decisions.No point in shameing ppl taking precaution just cause you can't take it anymore. Tired of people bitching about it.
#10091854 - 07/19/21 07:57 AM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: BroKe]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

The stonk markets are taking this morning, apparently due to Delta Variant concerns? (I'm not up to date with the news just yet.)

What I do see: the Olympics is an ideal representation of what might/could/would happen in the event of the world opening up, albeit likely 100% of everyone that's attending is double-vaxxed? (no idea, guessing.) It's on a world-news platform, no censorship bullshit, and I'd have to assume the Japanese are good at testing and shit...

i.e. news report on CNN about a US gymnast positive for covid right now ...

#10091997 - 07/19/21 10:58 AM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: furball]
porschetr Offline
Post Master Supreme

No, athletes are not required to be vaccinated.
Many 3rd world countries, they don't even have supplies to get 1% of the population vaccinated.

The Japanese government has been far behind with COVID control since day 1.
Beside China, until recently their daily positive cases were among the highest in Asia. I think averaged 1,000-1,500 everyday. now 3,000+

Now Asian countries with nearly 0 cases are recording thousands.
Indonesia - 50,000
Malaysia - 12,000
Vietnam - 5,000
S.Korea - 1,500

#10092290 - 07/19/21 04:59 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: Risky Business]
355-Si Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Toronto, Ontario
Yep.

The vaccine simply attenuates the effects of the infection… reducing your chances of hospitalization.

#10118769 - 09/04/21 09:09 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: 355-Si]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

I've seriously lost track of how bad covid is, number-wise and country-wise ...

Then I read ONTARIO (not Canada) is projecting 4000-9000 DAILY INFECTIONS in the 4th wave, in October ... Holy fuck. (500 if another lockdown) ...

Yes, September expected to be worse due to return to school, return to office ...

At one point in the summer we just dropped below 100/day, and now we're heading back up to 1000/day ...

Picked up mask lanyards for the 2 yr old ... really helps with the overall experience. She's the pink chicken, I'm the purple penguin (I've since picked up some plain black ones )

#10118791 - 09/05/21 05:35 AM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: furball]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

#10119116 - 09/06/21 10:07 AM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: Risky Business]
The Postman Offline
Post Master Sr

Wife and I just got back from Mexico and Pearson is a shit show. Once the plan lands, they hold you on it until the lines lessen in arrivals. Then its several long lines to get to the kiosks to print the declaration, another long line to speak to customs and finally a long wait for our luggage.

What I thought was really ironic, the wear a mask, stay safe, get vaccinated signs everywhere, when the place was packed like sardine, none of the machines were being sanitized and half the CBSA staff didnt even have a mask on lol. I was more afraid of getting COVID in there then in the 3rd world country I just came back from.

#10119820 - 09/07/21 02:18 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: The Postman]
titty sprinkles Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto,Ontario
 Originally Posted By: The Postman
Wife and I just got back from Mexico and Pearson is a shit show. Once the plan lands, they hold you on it until the lines lessen in arrivals. Then its several long lines to get to the kiosks to print the declaration, another long line to speak to customs and finally a long wait for our luggage.

What I thought was really ironic, the wear a mask, stay safe, get vaccinated signs everywhere, when the place was packed like sardine, none of the machines were being sanitized and half the CBSA staff didnt even have a mask on lol. I was more afraid of getting COVID in there then in the 3rd world country I just came back from.

can you list everything you had to do specifically in order to travel? i'm not scared to travel, hell i've been staring covid in the face ever since it started and because i never took vacation i have a shit load of it that they are making me take, so the woman and I are wanting to go.

#10120051 - 09/07/21 06:14 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: titty sprinkles]
The Postman Offline
Post Master Sr

Originally Posted By: titty sprinkles

can you list everything you had to do specifically in order to travel? i'm not scared to travel, hell i've been staring covid in the face ever since it started and because i never took vacation i have a shit load of it that they are making me take, so the woman and I are wanting to go.

-If you're fully vaccinated, which I assume working in a hospital you are, you can freely return to Canada and not have to quarantine or self-isolate.
-You have to get a COVID test where ever you are 72hours prior to returning home. PCR test only and most places you will have to pay for it. $150 USD in Mexico.
-There is an app called ArriveCAN where you enter your travel details and vaccine info into. It generates a report the CBSA can see and will ask to see the receipt that you completed it.
-CBSA will also ask to see the negative COVID test results, a PDF copy in my email for example.

Different countries have different requirements for travelers. Mexico had none lol. There entry VISA is online and I had to fill out a basic COVID questionaiir and submit it prior to arrival. The resort we were at took it very seriously. Every single employee inside and out had a mask on, they were constantly cleaning and there was hand sanitizer everywhere. Same rules as Canada for guests, masks on when in common areas, social distance, etc.

#10120114 - 09/07/21 08:01 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: The Postman]
titty sprinkles Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto,Ontario
ah ok cool, thanks, ya both me and the wife are both double vaxxed, just deciding between mexico and jamaica. that's wicked info tho thanks

#10120123 - 09/07/21 08:16 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: titty sprinkles]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

Strictly from a CDC perspective, Jamaica is a "level 4" vs Mexico "level 3" (lower the better.)

For reference, Canada is "level 3".

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/map-and-travel-notices.html

just deciding between mexico and jamaica.

Edited by furball (09/07/21 08:16 PM)

#10120200 - 09/08/21 05:48 AM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: The Postman]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

-If you're fully vaccinated, which I assume working in a hospital you are, you can freely return to Canada and not have to quarantine or self-isolate.
-You have to get a COVID test where ever you are 72hours prior to returning home. PCR test only and most places you will have to pay for it. $150 USD in Mexico.
-There is an app called ArriveCAN where you enter your travel details and vaccine info into. It generates a report the CBSA can see and will ask to see the receipt that you completed it.
-CBSA will also ask to see the negative COVID test results, a PDF copy in my email for example.

Different countries have different requirements for travelers. Mexico had none lol. There entry VISA is online and I had to fill out a basic COVID questionaiir and submit it prior to arrival. The resort we were at took it very seriously. Every single employee inside and out had a mask on, they were constantly cleaning and there was hand sanitizer everywhere. Same rules as Canada for guests, masks on when in common areas, social distance, etc.

Any cartel murder sightings? Record year in murders so far.

#10120285 - 09/08/21 08:50 AM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: Risky Business]
Wildout Offline
Post Master Jr

Titty Jamaica is being hit hard. They just came out of a No movement order, which is worse than lockdown. Literally no one's allowed on the roads, businesses shut down including what we consider essential here and the army/police are out policing it.
Page 16 of 23 « First<1415161718>Last »

Moderator:  c2k, LNXGUY, TheRealCSnapper, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads