**DONOTDELETE**
()
01/25/16 11:36 PM
LF: 1 Gently used Moof

Woops....hahahaha fuck. I deleted the main thread by accident. I saw a spam bot had made a post so I banned it and then deleted the thread without thinking, as I usually do but the spam bot actually posted in our usual thread instead of creating one of it's own, which they usually/always do.

Sorry for the inconvenience, don't think it's the end of the world otherwise.

Smash
(Post Master Supreme)
01/26/16 04:26 PM
Re: The future is now

\:\(

#GNSthread

How many posts were we upto?

HondaBilly
(Post Master Sr)
01/26/16 04:43 PM

Weird. Usually the spam bots just build their own thread. Oh well, now I'm in this one from the beginning instead of halfway through.

**DONOTDELETE**
()
01/26/16 07:14 PM

I feel bad but it could be a good thing to purge since there was various personalish info in there from over the years, one of the CSi loonies could have used it for creeping purposes.

It was a dumb mistake, the spam bot posted a massive list of links in several posts which took up a whole page so just by default I banned the bot then went back to the main forum page and clicked on its post and deleted the thread. Afterwards I was like...wut.

My bad, won't do that again.

Helmer86
(Post Master)
01/27/16 11:08 AM

WTF

**DONOTDELETE**
()
01/27/16 11:38 AM

^ Banned.

NapalmAdministrator
(Post Master Supreme)
01/27/16 02:35 PM

"This mod is a troll"

LOL

**DONOTDELETE**
()
01/27/16 02:46 PM

Helmer narc'ing on me!

Double banned.

HondaBilly
(Post Master Sr)
01/27/16 04:09 PM

Ban hammer for everyone!

**DONOTDELETE**
()
01/29/16 11:21 AM

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuu boss just told me I have to go to italy in 2 weeks, didn't plan on taking this trip so it throws a wrench in a few things.

HondaBilly
(Post Master Sr)
01/29/16 02:31 PM

Sucks about messing things up, but Italy! Sometimes, I get to go to downtown for training.

c2k
(Post Master Supreme)
01/29/16 02:48 PM

get moof back first of all.

this place sucks w/o him.

tell moof each of us will give him a double dutch rudder.

**DONOTDELETE**
()
01/29/16 04:29 PM

Moof is lurking. I sense his presence in the force.

HondaBilly
(Post Master Sr)
02/03/16 02:58 PM

Finally got the word that I'm done my night shift on the 12th. I'll be back in the land of the living. Can't wait to be back on a real shift again.

Smash
(Post Master Supreme)
02/03/16 06:21 PM

By real shift you mean browsing Clubsi all day.

HondaBilly
(Post Master Sr)
02/04/16 02:44 PM

lol, actually I'll have more work to do on the day shift. I easily browse 6 of the 8 hours on CSi on the night shift. Day shift I'll get about 1 maybe 2 at the most.

**DONOTDELETE**
()
02/09/16 10:59 AM

I'm ok with the weather staying this way, pretty safe to say summer is here!

HondaBilly
(Post Master Sr)
02/09/16 04:03 PM

Same. I would be happy if this kept up for a bit. Started raining in March and was nice and dry by April with mild rain. Then hot till October.

**DONOTDELETE**
()
02/10/16 11:04 AM

Just booked a trip for my sister and 2 nieces to come out and visit from the east coast for the start of March, so I'm hoping it's still some what winterish then, at least in the mountains.

Fucking rained like whoa in Vancouver this past weekend, I guess you would get used to it living there but for me it would get old. No snow ftw though I guess. Supposed to rain a decent chunk this upcoming week while I'm in Florence, somewhat poopy but I guess it's their winter weather as well so what can ya do.

**DONOTDELETE**
()
02/15/16 05:51 AM

H e l l o

I mean

B o n j o u r n o

That's like 1/6th of my Italian dialect.

Hope you guys are enjoying the long weekend

Smash
(Post Master Supreme)
02/15/16 06:09 AM

**DONOTDELETE**
()
02/16/16 03:13 AM

That's about what I expected from you

Smash
(Post Master Supreme)
02/18/16 04:04 AM

Does dickbutt require a warning?

**DONOTDELETE**
()
02/18/16 04:17 AM

I don't think any of the....4 of us care....so ronery...

HondaBilly
(Post Master Sr)
02/18/16 07:24 AM

Nope. No warning necessary. Most people who've never seen it, have no idea what it is. Or care.

Smash
(Post Master Supreme)
02/19/16 11:46 PM

Yea i wouldnt worry about this thread, was currious about others. Im sure someone in OT would rage and say their job was threatend

**DONOTDELETE**
()
02/22/16 12:05 PM

being home feelsgoodman.jpg

Nice to see there's zero snow here, ma fuckin almost march. Is this real life.

c2k
(Post Master Supreme)
02/24/16 06:52 PM

We got snow, you guys want some snow from ontario? I mean it's actually cocaine.

Smash
(Post Master Supreme)
02/25/16 12:05 AM

Lol no this is just the difference between Calg's and Red Deer lolz.

**DONOTDELETE**
()
02/25/16 09:31 AM

I'll take the cocaine snow...

Yeahhhhhhh def seeing it now, although it's not bad in red deer they still have a good chunk of snow left as I was there this past weekend.

+11 and +14 tomorrow, good grillin weather.

HondaBilly
(Post Master Sr)
02/25/16 11:21 AM

It's supposed to be +7 today here. I've yet to wear my winter jacket this month. It's been hoody or fall jacket weather. It just needs to melt and dry and I can get biking by the end of march.

Helmer86
(Post Master)
02/25/16 04:04 PM

So hot today, I was actually sweating a bit under my winter jacket when I went out for lunch. Too bad the mornings are still chilly otherwise I'd ditch it completely

**DONOTDELETE**
()
02/26/16 03:57 PM

Staying out til 3am on a Thursday makes for a very non productive Friday fuuuuu

**DONOTDELETE**
()
03/03/16 09:32 AM

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck. Been working on a project for over 2 months now and it's nothing but road blocks and problems. Makes me want to slam my face off my desk. Just had a call with some network engineers, and the project contact that's been complaining about time constraints and wanting shit done doesn't even join the call and he's the reference for his sites information. I filled in the blanks pretty well but would have been much easier/better if he was on the call. Paying a 3rd party company $20k a month for running this as a pilot and we haven't even used any of their services yet

Smash
(Post Master Supreme)
03/03/16 11:45 AM

MOOF?

**DONOTDELETE**
()
03/03/16 12:33 PM

Pretty sure he's with Jesus now.

I'll be in his neck of the woods tomorrow, going snowboarding in Fernie for the day.

Smash
(Post Master Supreme)
03/06/16 08:06 PM

I think i might just annoy him with a text every day for his life until he posts here again

RZFD
(Post Master Supreme)
03/08/16 01:04 PM

I'll be up your way April 25-29th what's the haps in the Edmonton area?

Smash
(Post Master Supreme)
03/08/16 06:31 PM

You mean Deadmonton.... Personally I think its a shit hole. I get in and out as fast as possible. White Ave if you want a night club/patio drinking hole. I hate country music but the country bars are pretty popular and full of sluts. West Edmonton mall can eat up an entire day if you want, its something to see. I dunno what you like to do when you visit a city so cant really give you much more to go on.

RZFD
(Post Master Supreme)
03/09/16 09:02 AM

Originally Posted By: Pynch
You mean Deadmonton.... Personally I think its a shit hole. I get in and out as fast as possible. White Ave if you want a night club/patio drinking hole. I hate country music but the country bars are pretty popular and full of sluts. West Edmonton mall can eat up an entire day if you want, its something to see. I dunno what you like to do when you visit a city so cant really give you much more to go on.

Ah, I heard of the Calgary/Edmonton hate.

I like to eat & drink well and try hard not to be too much of a tourist. I can do country bars depending on if Canadian rednecks are better/worse than The ones in Texas or Louisiana.

**DONOTDELETE**
()
03/09/16 10:39 AM

Yeahhhhhhhhhh I'm not personally fond of Edmonton, only ever go there for work or hockey games in the past. HondaBilly might be able to give you any recommendations since he lives there. You should come to Calgary instead ;\)

RZFD
(Post Master Supreme)
03/09/16 01:12 PM

Originally Posted By: Lost^
Yeahhhhhhhhhh I'm not personally fond of Edmonton, only ever go there for work or hockey games in the past. HondaBilly might be able to give you any recommendations since he lives there. You should come to Calgary instead ;\)

Come to Calgary? Ok, See you May. See how easy that was?

RZFD
(Post Master Supreme)
03/09/16 02:10 PM

BTW, exchange rate FTW!

Smash
(Post Master Supreme)
03/09/16 04:27 PM

Id recommend finding the city's best poutine, in Calgary its Big Cheese. Its something everyone has to do. You have to get 2 though, you need the basic fries, gravy & cheese and then something that isnt so classic.

Its prob not as a refined of a meal as you're use to but you cant not do it.

The hicks are exactly the same. We're the Texas of Canada. The further north you go the more rednecks you'll find. There will be plenty of dude bro's at any country bar. The only difference between our rednecks and yours is ours arent racists for the most part.

As for good food, you'll find low key pubs will be your best bet. The bigger they are/more advertising you see generally leads to basic frozen pub food that you'll only enjoy hungover or drunk. Great Canadian Brew House is an example of that. While its a great place to drink, the food is average at best.

AMG SiR
(Post Master Sr)
03/09/16 10:36 PM

Anyone coming to the Calgary auto show this week?

HondaBilly
(Post Master Sr)
03/10/16 07:24 AM

Originally Posted By: RZFD

What do you like doing? Where are you staying? Renting a car? Able to get around?

**DONOTDELETE**
()
03/10/16 09:30 AM

I'll find us a karaoke bar

**DONOTDELETE**
()
03/10/16 09:31 AM

Originally Posted By: AMG SiR
Anyone coming to the Calgary auto show this week?

I've got my sister and nieces in town, how long are you here til?

HondaBilly
(Post Master Sr)
03/10/16 09:43 AM

Hopefully the weather is nice when you come. It's a real mixed bag that time of the year. Could be nice and warm like last year, or it could be really shitty and snowing.

RZFD
(Post Master Supreme)
03/10/16 09:43 AM

Originally Posted By: HondaBilly

What do you like doing? Where are you staying? Renting a car? Able to get around?

Haven't booked a hotel yet, but I'm looking at some place called the Matrix [/Keanu] or the Four Points unless you have a good suggestion (budget is open, your exchange rate is ridic). I'll have a car as well.

As far as doing stuff, I'm pretty open. If I can find some sucker to show me around I usually let them take me around. Seems to have worked out so far when I meet up with other CSIers. If not then I'll just yelp it.

RZFD
(Post Master Supreme)
03/10/16 09:46 AM

Don't bring that up. God I'm terrible and I know it but you get a few beers in me and it's Bon Jovi time!

HondaBilly
(Post Master Sr)
03/10/16 10:16 AM

If you like walking, the river valley trails are pretty nice. It's such a tough time of the year though because of weather. But, if it's nice, Hawrelak Park is a great place to start. If you stay downtown it's pretty close to everything.

I had no idea where the Matrix was and had to look it up. I'm pretty close to it at least. You'd be a quick walk to the Legislature, which is not the most entertaining for sight seeing, but the grounds are really nice and there is lots of Alberta government history to see and read. The new visitor center is pretty nice. They usually have some neat government related historical stuff at all times. They recently had the Magna Carta on loan for the public to view. It was pretty interesting.

If you stay there, there is a great Thai place worth checking out. They even have a real ladyboy server. My wife and I go fairly often. https://www.google.ca/maps/dir/Matrix+Ho...41!2d53.5370342

High Level diner and Sugar Bowl are also great places for some decent food. Sugar Bowl has a great beer list, and it's nice to sit on their sidewalk patio and have a drink and people watch. They are local and have been around forever. They are a "quick" walk across the High Level bridge that has some pretty nice views of the city and downtown.

Why are you coming? Business? I would suggest a trip to the mountains, but it's a 3.5-4 hour drive. I would save it for your Calgary trip. It's much closer and easier to just do a day trip.

If you've never been, West Edmonton Mall is still pretty neat to see. Once you live here though you avoid it at all costs. Unless you have some shopping that needs to be done it's just a big mall with an amusement park and a water park inside it.

I've marked you in my calendar, so I can be reminded that you are coming. I will try and keep an eye out for interesting things that are coming up in the city that might be worth checking out.

Are you a golfer at all?

If you stay downtown, there are all sorts of pubs, and bars to check out.

Whyte Ave is close. It's the University party area if clubbing is your thing, but it also has a lot of good pubs and places to eat.

I will update as I think of other things.

HondaBilly
(Post Master Sr)
03/10/16 10:52 AM

Apparently the best poutine in Edmonton is close to the High Lever Diner and Sugarbowl. I've never been, but I see they have vegan options, so I might have to try it. (not vegan...lactose intolerant)
https://www.google.ca/maps/dir/Matrix+Ho...!2d53.52324!3e0

Looking up things to do is opening new doors for me.

This area is probably one of my favorites in the city. It's got a great view, there is a ton of places to eat, drink, get coffee, and walk to.

AMG SiR
(Post Master Sr)
03/10/16 11:08 AM

Sunday. Every waking hour at the show.. lol.

**DONOTDELETE**
()
03/10/16 03:54 PM

Unless kids are welcome at the show I might not be able to stop by haha, could meet for beers some time if you're available. Message me on Facebook if you are free, going out for dinner with my sister and gf tomorrow night but could slip away tonight or Saturday most likely.

AMG SiR
(Post Master Sr)
03/10/16 04:11 PM

I'll see about Saturday. It's an 8:30 am to 10 pm day, so I'll have to see if I can manage a beer.. lol I'll message you

Smash
(Post Master Supreme)
03/10/16 04:17 PM

Don't bring that up. God I'm terrible and I know it but you get a few beers in me and it's Bon Jovi time!

O'sullivans by chinook is good for a karaoke shit show.

Smash
(Post Master Supreme)
03/10/16 04:24 PM

Moof's daily reminder to post in the west today

"So there's this rcmp officer in BC... they say he's posted in the west"

**DONOTDELETE**
()
03/11/16 10:38 AM

That joke was so bad I bled from my eyes reading it

Smash
(Post Master Supreme)
03/12/16 04:00 PM

Here moofy moofy moofy, I know you've been lurking

**DONOTDELETE**
()
03/13/16 11:07 PM

Daylight savings time sucks the d

HondaBilly
(Post Master Sr)
03/14/16 07:29 AM

I'm probably in the minority that usually can't wait for daylight savings in the spring.

**DONOTDELETE**
()
03/16/16 01:15 PM

That feel when you take your sister and 2 young nieces to the airport for their 7am flight and are told they won't make the flight because it's 2 minutes before the close the flight for accepting baggage.....that feel is rage.

Fuck air canada in it's stupid face. This is the nail in the coffin for giving them any business. Did online check-in yesterday, went in this morning hit up a self check in terminal to print off boarding passes and pay for bag fees, it says to go to customer service for assistance. Wait in line for a few mins and the lady telling people which line to take immediately says they aren't going to make their flight because the flight closes in 2 minutes...I'm like well we're already checked in, why can't we drop off the bags and get them through security?

She ushers us up to a customer service lady, she's like yeahhh oooo not gunna make it...i'm like uhh they were checked in since yesterday and I have been here and already checked in since before the cut off, why can't we get them through? Boarding doesn't start for 15 minutes. Her response was "I don't know"

At this point I'm pretty steamed, I wasn't even looking at her and I mutter 2 fucking minutes, she says to me with tone "why is it our fault that you are late?" I'm like what...the....fuck. I tell her that I was speaking to myself and not to agitate me.

Stunned cunts exist in the world, and she was definitely one. She just wasn't a smart person, or helpful whatsoever. No one was looking/yelling around for the last name to try and get people onboard while we waited to talk to the first air canada lady, we were already checked in, if the self check in machines had just printed off the bag tags we could have dropped them off and got them through security before boarding even started. But nope, just stupidity and pretty much straight rudeness.

They ended up getting booked on a later flight, but instead of getting in at 5pm, they get in a midnight now. I guess my lesson learned is even if you're flying domestic, show up 39 hours early. I think I'll pay extra to fly westjet now.

HondaBilly
(Post Master Sr)
03/16/16 01:20 PM

Air Canada is the worst.

RZFD
(Post Master Supreme)
03/16/16 07:56 PM

If you like walking, the river valley trails are pretty nice. It's such a tough time of the year though because of weather. But, if it's nice, Hawrelak Park is a great place to start. If you stay downtown it's pretty close to everything.

I had no idea where the Matrix was and had to look it up. I'm pretty close to it at least. You'd be a quick walk to the Legislature, which is not the most entertaining for sight seeing, but the grounds are really nice and there is lots of Alberta government history to see and read. The new visitor center is pretty nice. They usually have some neat government related historical stuff at all times. They recently had the Magna Carta on loan for the public to view. It was pretty interesting.

If you stay there, there is a great Thai place worth checking out. They even have a real ladyboy server. My wife and I go fairly often. https://www.google.ca/maps/dir/Matrix+Ho...41!2d53.5370342

High Level diner and Sugar Bowl are also great places for some decent food. Sugar Bowl has a great beer list, and it's nice to sit on their sidewalk patio and have a drink and people watch. They are local and have been around forever. They are a "quick" walk across the High Level bridge that has some pretty nice views of the city and downtown.

Why are you coming? Business? I would suggest a trip to the mountains, but it's a 3.5-4 hour drive. I would save it for your Calgary trip. It's much closer and easier to just do a day trip.

If you've never been, West Edmonton Mall is still pretty neat to see. Once you live here though you avoid it at all costs. Unless you have some shopping that needs to be done it's just a big mall with an amusement park and a water park inside it.

I've marked you in my calendar, so I can be reminded that you are coming. I will try and keep an eye out for interesting things that are coming up in the city that might be worth checking out.

Are you a golfer at all?

Whyte Ave is close. It's the University party area if clubbing is your thing, but it also has a lot of good pubs and places to eat.

Thanks for the write up! I'm coming on business, but I'm not a golfer at all unless you feel like teaching me.

Smash
(Post Master Supreme)
03/16/16 09:33 PM

wait a min... so you show up roughly 30 mins before the flight leaves and you dont understand why your baggage cant make it on? If they would have made it through security and made the gate they would have been fine. But that isnt nearly enough time for them to get the bags on the plane.

Oh and fuck westjet. Their seats a tiny. Every 2nd trip I take with them they leave my shit in another city. No free upgrades to 1st class. I avoid them like the plague.

HondaBilly
(Post Master Sr)
03/17/16 07:28 AM

Are you a golfer at all?

Thanks for the write up! I'm coming on business, but I'm not a golfer at all unless you feel like teaching me.

I'm also not a golfer. I do enjoy the driving range though, and there is a pretty decent one in the river valley that should be open by then.

**DONOTDELETE**
()
03/17/16 10:55 AM

wait a min... so you show up roughly 30 mins before the flight leaves and you dont understand why your baggage cant make it on? If they would have made it through security and made the gate they would have been fine. But that isnt nearly enough time for them to get the bags on the plane.

Oh and fuck westjet. Their seats a tiny. Every 2nd trip I take with them they leave my shit in another city. No free upgrades to 1st class. I avoid them like the plague.

No we showed up an hour early, used the self check in terminals to print off boarding passes and pay bag fees, then it told us to contact the customer service agents for bag tags, then from here waiting to speak to someone they're like lol you late now, you fucked. In the time we waited and tried to sort things out they told us we're late and the flight is closed now.

I wish Canada had more than just 2 major airlines.

RZFD
(Post Master Supreme)
03/22/16 01:46 PM

Looks like I'll be there part of the week of the 18th as well. Might as well stay the weekend, but now I'll have to change my inbound flight...

RZFD
(Post Master Supreme)
03/24/16 10:06 AM

Okay confirmed for April 21st through the 29th, staying at the Matrix Hotel in Downtown Edmonton.

**DONOTDELETE**
()
03/24/16 12:38 PM

That feel when your gf's mother tells granny she can stay with us for a week without asking us

**DONOTDELETE**
()
03/24/16 12:39 PM

Okay confirmed for April 21st through the 29th, staying at the Matrix Hotel in Downtown Edmonton.

Cool cool, should be reasonably warm by then so you shouldn't die, although you'll probably still find it cold because Texas

Zigzag19
(Jr Member)
03/24/16 05:04 PM

Hey you might even make it to a Oilers playoff game!!...Umm wait a minute...bahahahaha

Smash
(Post Master Supreme)
03/25/16 12:27 PM

Originally Posted By: Zigzag19
Hey you might even make it to a Oilers playoff game!!...Umm wait a minute...bahahahaha

You're wings might not have any playoff games

Smash
(Post Master Supreme)
03/25/16 01:20 PM

i think moof is coming back

Moofy
(Newbie)
03/25/16 01:21 PM

Hi people, long time no see. Im a big giant pussy. I really want a nice muscle car, but im such a giant pussy my muscle car cant have more than 4 cylinders. Please feel free to tell me on my FB account for those who know it, how much of a pussy i am for wanting a muscle car with only 4 cylinders.

**DONOTDELETE**
()
03/26/16 12:32 PM

Shit......that totally sounds like Moof...WB!

**DONOTDELETE**
()
03/28/16 03:14 PM

Gunna pull the Zonda 2000 out soon, well lining up getting the header installed and upgraded diff as well so I can get some tuning shit sorted out. Want the car 100% for this season, was plagued with it stalling most of last season which drove me up the wall.

Smash
(Post Master Supreme)
03/28/16 06:32 PM

Isnt it fun having a sports car

**DONOTDELETE**
()
03/29/16 12:08 PM

Having money is highly over rated.

HondaBilly
(Post Master Sr)
03/30/16 08:07 AM

Sweet!

Too bad I'll be in Jasper that weekend. I'm hoping it will be dry so I can take my bike with me and hit some trails.

HondaBilly
(Post Master Sr)
03/30/16 08:10 AM

In other news: Wifey and I headed to Jasper for a romantic weekend to celebrate our 2 year anniversary. She ended up with food poisoning on Friday, so I got to handle the romantic business all by myself for 3 days.

I've also never seen anyone projectile vomit in a long time. She painted the street and the hotel hallway. It was pretty amazing.

**DONOTDELETE**
()
03/30/16 09:47 AM

Jesus... funny but not funny. That's super shitty, what did she eat that made her sick? Memorable trip at least

HondaBilly
(Post Master Sr)
03/30/16 09:51 AM

We are thinking it was either the sturgeon or the cheese aperitif that the chef brought out. Since she couldn't sleep, she was up on the internets trying to figure out what bug she had and what could cause it. It was some sort of Staph because of the time frame of her taking a first bite to her blowing chunks on Patricia street.

**DONOTDELETE**
()
03/31/16 10:52 AM

Crazy, that bites. I haven't had food poisoning in years and I hope to keep it that way, that shit is ultra feel like dying mode.

Hopefully you 2 have a better weekend this week, pretty sure it's going be nice and warm up there just like here, 20ish degrees for the next 2 days

HondaBilly
(Post Master Sr)
03/31/16 12:03 PM

Yeah. I'm looking forward to getting back on the bike. I bought a new road bike so I'm looking forward to trying it out and seeing if I can keep up with her until the mountain bike trails are dry.

**DONOTDELETE**
()
03/31/16 03:56 PM

Street sweepers haven't hit my neck of the woods yet, not that the amount of gravel here isn't near as bad as Red Deer, I'll still wait for most of it to be cleaned up before I start driving the car regularly. Just got insurance put back on it so I'm going to roll her out and give it a wash this weekend. Go for a spin and remember what driving a fast car is like, not that the MDX isn't a speed demon...

Might do pulled pork or ribs this weekend on the smoker, working tomorrow will be hard when it's so nice out.

FYI fellow Calgarian homies, National on 17th is doing happy hour all day on all their beers this wednesday, can get some yummy beers for their 25 cent pricing, works out to be a couple bucks for a beer.

HondaBilly
(Post Master Sr)
04/01/16 07:39 AM

Man I wish my car was fast. If I could only convince my wife that having a WRX that could eat a corvette was a smart investment.

Smash
(Post Master Supreme)
04/01/16 01:06 PM

Its always better to beg for forgiveness than to ask for permission.

Helmer86
(Post Master)
04/01/16 04:40 PM

No one likes the tuna here

Zigzag19
(Jr Member)
04/05/16 03:49 PM

c2k
(Post Master Supreme)
04/05/16 05:12 PM

BS that's moof posting as a moofy.

RZFD
(Post Master Supreme)
04/05/16 08:06 PM

Nevermind guys, I was laid off Monday so I probably won't be making the trip. I will if they don't cancel the travel plans though.

**DONOTDELETE**
()
04/05/16 10:14 PM

oh shiiiiiiiiiit. sorry to hear that, lots of layoffs have been going up here to say the least for the past half year.

HondaBilly
(Post Master Sr)
04/06/16 07:45 AM

Damn! That really sucks! \:\(

RZFD
(Post Master Supreme)
04/06/16 03:07 PM

I'm not mad tho, just gonna ramp up on consulting and contract work. Let me know if any of you guys need some help with your ISO/API/TS quality management systems. ;\)

**DONOTDELETE**
()
04/08/16 11:37 AM

hahahaha woooo i won this contest!!

http://www.x929.ca/2016/03/21/win-the-ultimate-stag-party-from-twin-anchors-houseboats/

Smash
(Post Master Supreme)
04/11/16 03:46 AM

Congrats on the 404 error when we goin

HondaBilly
(Post Master Sr)
04/11/16 07:32 AM

No doubt! How many people can you bring?

HondaBilly
(Post Master Sr)
04/11/16 09:10 AM

I finally met a CSi member yesterday! To my wife's surprise, I wasn't butt raped or turned into a skin suit.

**DONOTDELETE**
()
04/11/16 10:53 AM

oh they must have killed the link over the weekend, this is zee boat I get for a weekend

http://www.twinanchors.com/houseboats/cruisecraft-iii/

says it can sleep 22 but since it'll be used for my buddies bachelor party, I'm hoping to keep it around 15ish dudes haha.

Who did you meet yesterday? must not have been Pynch if you weren't butt raped....

HondaBilly
(Post Master Sr)
04/11/16 10:59 AM

I got to finally meet Moof. He's in town picking up his new truck. We went for dinner and some beers, then went to Ford and drooled all over the new GT350's that were in the lot. There was easily a dozen of them.

**DONOTDELETE**
()
04/11/16 11:46 AM

shiiiiiit an in person moof sighting.

I'm guessing he's loving life being CSi free

No oil money going around to buy those GT350's.

HondaBilly
(Post Master Sr)
04/11/16 12:33 PM

There were actually some sold stickers on a couple of them.

He's still lurking, just not interested in getting pulled into the shitfest that is all of OT.

**DONOTDELETE**
()
04/11/16 02:04 PM

OT hasn't been too bad lately, pretty calm for the past few weeks. Maybe we've reached a medium.............probably not

My car is running good after my tuner fixed a bunch of shit, feelsgoodman.jpg
Last summer was pretty lame due to it always stalling at idle...which was caused by the rad fan kicking in and taking just enough juice to kill the car. I guess with the blower eating up extra resources the fan was the cause. He upped the idle just a little bit to alleviate the power draw and voila, no more stalling. ridic.

HondaBilly
(Post Master Sr)
04/11/16 02:13 PM

Nice! You should gopro a couple of highway pulls....

**DONOTDELETE**
()
04/11/16 03:23 PM

yeah I'll do that this summer fo sho. Want to get that upgraded diff installed so I don't have to worry about grenading the stock one off a red light. Wish we had a track down here still so I could see what it runs.

**DONOTDELETE**
()
04/19/16 03:29 PM

My boss' last day before he transfers is this Friday, asked him about me working from home exclusively to which he was like I personally don't give a fuck, you should be able to but the CIO is big on people working from the office. But he understood it's a bit different for me where I have a desk in an office of people I don't interact with other than occasional small talk or smiling at random people in the hallway. So gotta bring it up with another manager and if he ok's it then I can retire wearing dress clothes....

HondaBilly
(Post Master Sr)
04/20/16 07:51 AM

That would be sweet. Good luck with that conversation.

**DONOTDELETE**
()
05/05/16 11:41 AM

That feel when your interim boss tells you that you're a big part of the plan, and in your head you think, there's a plan??

ahhhhh I'm ready for the weekend. This week has been ridiculous.

HondaBilly
(Post Master Sr)
05/05/16 01:33 PM

Is there anything more satisfying that hearing a brown-noser getting his ass chewed?

HondaBilly
(Post Master Sr)
05/05/16 01:51 PM

That feel when your interim boss tells you that you're a big part of the plan, and in your head you think, there's a plan??

ahhhhh I'm ready for the weekend. This week has been ridiculous.

To me that sounds like there is no plan and he/she's blowing smoke to make himself/herself feel like they are in control.

**DONOTDELETE**
()
05/05/16 04:09 PM

Is there anything more satisfying that hearing a brown-noser getting his ass chewed?

That's always great, love when try hards fuck up.

Moof
(Post Master Supreme)
05/21/16 11:57 AM

INCONCEIVABLE.

Smash
(Post Master Supreme)
05/23/16 08:45 AM

Originally Posted By: Moof
INCONCEIVABLE.

Who the fuck is this

Zigzag19
(Jr Member)
05/24/16 10:43 AM

WTF? Is it really him?

**DONOTDELETE**
()
05/26/16 09:46 AM

It's just his ghost, it's taken over posting for him here.

Smash
(Post Master Supreme)
05/26/16 09:49 AM

Yea if it was him he'd be in here telling us how hes a vegan crossfit trainer or about his abs or some other stupid shit cause i know he's lurking haha

**DONOTDELETE**
()
05/26/16 11:05 AM

better than coming out to us on facebook....

Moof
(Post Master Supreme)
05/26/16 11:43 AM

Yea if it was him he'd be in here telling us how hes a vegan crossfit trainer or about his abs or some other stupid shit cause i know he's lurking haha

Lol what? I eat meat with every meal. Including snacks.

HondaBilly
(Post Master Sr)
05/27/16 07:31 AM

I bet you do....

Moof
(Post Master Supreme)
05/27/16 10:24 AM

Next time YOU pay.

c2k
(Post Master Supreme)
05/27/16 12:06 PM

ITT - moof finally came out of the closet.

HondaBilly
(Post Master Sr)
05/30/16 07:40 AM

Next time YOU pay.

**DONOTDELETE**
()
05/31/16 01:32 PM

City is tacking on $6.50 every month for adding composting city wide, and cutting back garbage pickup to every 2nd week now.

Intredasting.

HondaBilly
(Post Master Sr)
06/01/16 07:28 AM

Sweet. I'm waiting for us to be limited to the amount we put out. I've been consistently putting out 15-20 bags of yard waste. We're pulling all the shitty mulch the previous owner put in all the flower beds.

**DONOTDELETE**
()
06/01/16 09:29 AM

you guys aren't already? I think we're limited to our one black bin as far as I know. The garbage trucks have the arm to lift the bin up and dump the trash in, not sure if our garbage men would actually get out to take bags...

HondaBilly
(Post Master Sr)
06/01/16 10:55 AM

As of right now there is no limit. Max recycle bags, as many black garbage as you can put out, and as many properly bagged/packaged yard wastes as you can put out.

**DONOTDELETE**
()
06/09/16 03:59 PM

This week has been dumb but it's going by fast at least.

All week has been, this doesn't work. Oh this doesn't work either. Ok that is fixed now...but wait now this doesn't work.

Randomly try something in relation to something that isn't working properly, wtf this doesn't work either. wtffffffffff.

Good times, good times x 2893742899283742389

House boating next weekend can't come soon enough.

Smash
(Post Master Supreme)
06/13/16 03:01 PM

Moof is like that. Something is always broken with him.

Moof
(Post Master Supreme)
06/15/16 02:24 PM

What can I say? I'm rough on myself.

Newest verdict: torn longhead biceps tendon and glenoid labrum. 3-4 months off work after I get the surgery.

HondaBilly
(Post Master Sr)
06/16/16 07:23 AM

Fuck! That is not fun sounding.

Smash
(Post Master Supreme)
06/17/16 03:07 AM

What can I say? I'm rough on myself.

Newest verdict: torn longhead biceps tendon and glenoid labrum. 3-4 months off work after I get the surgery.

All I read was torn labia

Moof
(Post Master Supreme)
06/17/16 10:42 AM

That's because you tend to think about what you're not getting.

Smash
(Post Master Supreme)
06/19/16 06:45 PM

Not true, I dont think about money and im not getting any of that either lol

**DONOTDELETE**
()
06/21/16 10:28 PM

Houseboating took a few years off my life. FuuuuuuuuUUUUUUuuuuuuuuuuuUUUUUuuuuuuuu

Moof
(Post Master Supreme)
06/24/16 11:48 AM

Houseboating took a few years off my life. FuuuuuuuuUUUUUUuuuuuuuuuuuUUUUUuuuuuuuu

Neighbour too rapey for you?

HondaBilly
(Post Master Sr)
06/24/16 02:40 PM

Not rapey enough?

Smash
(Post Master Supreme)
06/28/16 04:00 AM

Hello

Moof
(Post Master Supreme)
06/28/16 07:58 AM

Jesus, he's like Beetlejuice. Mention rape enough times and POOF, Pynch shows up.

**DONOTDELETE**
()
06/29/16 10:28 AM

He's just conserving his energy for Stampede, he'll be the new trampede this year getting Eiffel towered

HondaBilly
(Post Master Sr)
06/29/16 03:37 PM

I can't wait for the video!

Moof
(Post Master Supreme)
07/03/16 01:03 PM

Received my surgical consult referral last Thursday. Looks like I'm going to Cambie Sports medical in Vancouver again. Same surgeon as well.

**DONOTDELETE**
()
07/04/16 11:51 AM

Why don't you just request the Anakin Skywalker special?

HondaBilly
(Post Master Sr)
07/06/16 10:17 AM

Why do people insist on talking while taking a piss. I'm not in there for a social gathering. At least I was complimented on my forklift operating skills...

**DONOTDELETE**
()
07/06/16 12:51 PM

Yeah that's kinda weird

Maybe they were just really stoked on your forklift skills, that's kinda understandable...

I've been into the office once in the past 3 weeks, asked my boss about it being permanent and haven't heard back...so I'm just doing my own thing.

It's the summer of George

**DONOTDELETE**
()
07/06/16 04:47 PM

That feel when you send a calendar invite to a lot of people and forget to turn off response required...fuuuuuuu

**DONOTDELETE**
()
07/07/16 11:48 AM

Stampede starts tomorrow, Pynch will be walking around the grounds in his daisy dukes as usual

HondaBilly
(Post Master Sr)
07/07/16 02:26 PM

Gross. Get pics.

Yukon Jack did a rant about the Stampede this week and how there will be nobody there because most of Calgary is unemployed. It will be interesting to see the attendance numbers.

Smash
(Post Master Supreme)
07/09/16 04:51 AM

the sun news papers does a poll every day, "Will you be going down to the grounds" was the question, 65% of respondents said no lol

Unemployment is real. I ended up having to go through a placement agency. And the agency actually placed me with a company I had applied to 3 weeks earlier (both with email and physically handing them a resume). So when I started my job, i asked, who the fuck dropped the ball on this one. Now me and the company have to pay the agency for me to work there.They told me they had 300 resumes within the 1st 48 hrs. They wernt able to put enough man time into screening all the applicants and filtering out a group for interviews. 300 fucking applicants in 48hrs \:o

Oh and in other news, water is wet and moof is gay

HondaBilly
(Post Master Sr)
07/09/16 07:37 AM

Jesus. 300 in 48hrs is nuts.

HondaBilly
(Post Master Sr)
07/09/16 11:41 AM

Wifey and I are going to Halifax/PEI for 2 weeks in September. We've never been, and will be visiting some friends that are there. We are looking for ideas for things to do on PEI. I think we'll be there for 4-5 days.

Moof
(Post Master Supreme)
07/09/16 12:41 PM

Let me know how it is. Seeing how my surgery is most likely going to ruin my August travel plans to go home, I was thinking of going to the east coast for a week or 2 at the end of September. Maybe drive the entire coast of NFLD.

HondaBilly
(Post Master Sr)
07/09/16 12:52 PM

Nice. We are heading there Sept. 17-Oct. 1.

I've been to NFLD. It was nice. I was there 16 years ago though, but I doubt it's changed much.

Smash
(Post Master Supreme)
07/10/16 08:10 AM

Just talking to my mom last week, they are going to visit my grandpa in New Brunswick some time in September. I said hey, ill take a weekend off and use air miles to fly out. They'll be going to visit my dads aunt in NFLD and mom wants to check out Oak Island in Nova Scotia. Dads got 6 weeks of straight holidays they'll be driving the entire trip.

They also mentioned in this 6 weeks they'll be traveling to Texas

Moof
(Post Master Supreme)
07/10/16 11:27 AM

Wait...so they're driving to NFLD and then driving to Texas? That's a lot of mileage.

HondaBilly
(Post Master Sr)
07/10/16 12:32 PM

Western Canada Forum meet in Eastern Canada?

**DONOTDELETE**
()
07/11/16 09:45 AM

I'll be in PEI in less than 2 weeks, having lived there for 18 years I can give you some ideas for places to go/things to do...let me put my thinking cap on.

Zigzag19
(Jr Member)
07/11/16 10:39 AM

Make sure you buy some Saudi oil while you are there guys.

HondaBilly
(Post Master Sr)
07/12/16 07:41 AM

We are going to be there Sept. 18-21. 2 nights @ Brackley Beach, and then 2 nights in Charlottetown. Then back to Nova Scotia till Oct. 1. We have a cruise booked on the Bluenose, 3 days on the Cabot Trail, and a weekend in Annapolis valley with some friends doing a wine tour.

**DONOTDELETE**
()
07/12/16 10:51 AM

If you're going out to Brackley then hit up Richards, it's on a wharf mixed in with some fishing charter places and an ice cream place, best fish and chips I've ever had...so damn good.

If you want an awesome lobster supper then New Glasgow Lobster suppers is prob my fav as the amount of food you get is ridiculous...unlimited soup/salad, mussels, fresh in house made rolls, dessert, and then your lobster of the size you choose, or you can get ham with scalloped potatoes if you or your wife don't like lobster. The Water prince corner shop is supposed to be pretty good but I've never had lobster there, it's right in charlottetown down by the water front.

Victoria row is full of restaurants/places to drink, short walk away from the charlottetown harbour. Always very busy.

Gahan house has good food and good in house beer they brew as well.

Outside of this, beaches everywhere, I imagine you'll tour around the island since it doesn't take very long to drive tip to tip haha. Confederation bridge is cool to see/drive over once....can't see much driving over it due to barrier walls but it's pretty impressive to park at either side and see how big it is.

I'll prob be able to give more ideas after I get a refresher when I go in a couple of weeks. Bit different for me as I just bounce around seeing friends and family, not so much of a vacation.

HondaBilly
(Post Master Sr)
07/12/16 11:01 AM

This is a good starter. I will print the recommendations for the wife to look over and see what she wants to hit up. We are driving so the Confederation bridge is happening. I wanted something cool for a rental, but we are getting a versa instead. \:\( At least gas will be cheap. We found some cabins in Brackley for $50 a night.

**DONOTDELETE**
()
07/12/16 11:38 AM

Cows ice cream is pretttyyyyyy yummy, there's a few stores across the island, and a creamery in North River/Cornwall that you can take a tour of and they have tons of ice cream and a giant cow out front.

Cavendish is nice, has some good beaches. Just depends on if the boardwalk will be open later into september.

Vroom vroom! lol. We book our rental through costco travel, always the cheapest. Last year we got a ford fusion, was actually pretty nice. Think we're getting a 300M or comparable this year for ~$400 for the week we're there. Once you go over the week it jumps up quite a bit. We fly out at 6AM and to keep the car past midnight it would be an extra hundred bucks....would be cheaper to take a cab haha, so we're just returning the car the night before we fly out and having my sister or buddy drop us off in the morning.

Smash
(Post Master Supreme)
07/13/16 10:00 PM

No luck yet in finding my stampede whore, good news is ive still got 4 more days!

**DONOTDELETE**
()
07/13/16 10:39 PM

I'll be going tomorrow night or Friday night, this rain sucks.

Smash
(Post Master Supreme)
07/14/16 12:05 PM

Ya prob the worst weather we've had in the 15 years ive lived here.

Moof
(Post Master Supreme)
07/14/16 01:41 PM

Recreation of Pynch at the stampede looking for girls.

**DONOTDELETE**
()
07/14/16 02:54 PM

^

Admission between 5-7pm today is only $5 so the gf and I are gunna go tonight.

It's funny/sad that the forecast is showing that Monday will be nice and sunny forward through the week. Shitty luck for the stampede.

Moof
(Post Master Supreme)
07/14/16 02:57 PM

Lol sunny with a chance of flood.

**DONOTDELETE**
()
07/15/16 01:32 PM

Daily monsoon is going on right now, driving down macleod just now was fun.

Glad I went to Stampede last night, no rain while we were there.

Moof
(Post Master Supreme)
07/15/16 03:48 PM

Any of you fuckers play Minecraft on PC? Pynch and I have a world on the go.

**DONOTDELETE**
()
07/15/16 07:33 PM

Naw only Overwatch, get on the hype train

HondaBilly
(Post Master Sr)
07/16/16 07:33 AM

Nope. I just started playing NHL16 on Xbone though. Only because I got it for super cheap.

Smash
(Post Master Supreme)
07/16/16 06:53 PM

If moof would pay me for services rendered id buy myself an xbone and berate you like a 12 year old while whooppin ya at NHL lol Moof does not like playing sports with me

Moof
(Post Master Supreme)
07/16/16 08:09 PM

Moment of silence for a personal friend of mine. Took his own life last night on his birthday. PTSD is all too real. \:\(

**DONOTDELETE**
()
07/17/16 11:20 AM

Super sad, sorry to hear.

Guessing a work matter from the past was the cause?

HondaBilly
(Post Master Sr)
07/19/16 03:17 PM

That sucks man. E-hugs all around. \:\(

Zigzag19
(Jr Member)
07/19/16 05:22 PM

Wow. Sorry Moof.

Smash
(Post Master Supreme)
07/26/16 11:14 AM

**DONOTDELETE**
()
07/28/16 09:34 AM

So humid here

34 with humidity today fuuuuu

Been a good trip though, awesome weather.

HondaBilly
(Post Master Sr)
07/28/16 11:49 AM

Sounds the same as here. Yesterday morning @ 9am it was 22, but with humidity it felt like 29. So muggy.

**DONOTDELETE**
()
08/02/16 02:29 PM

Wooo Milwaukee....week long leadership training. Plenty of kool-aid to drink, all heil GE.

**DONOTDELETE**
()
08/08/16 12:38 AM

Shaw decided to drop my internet speed to .5 mbps when some promo pricing I had on my account expired and they decided to say fuck you to my grandfathered speed, nice surprise to come home to and wonder why my downloads were terribad.

Signed up for their 150 mbps promo at $80/month for 2 years and dropped my cable. Got my sisters shaw login so I can just stream tv now aka sports through their shaw free range service.

Getting 150-175 mbps now on speedtests, can download a movie now hella fast.

HondaBilly
(Post Master Sr)
08/17/16 08:32 AM

Come on 3 o'clock. We're flying out to Salt Spring Island in the am for my wife's uncles wedding. It's going to be a whirlwind weekend. Can't wait to be at the airport at 430 tomorrow morning.

**DONOTDELETE**
()
08/17/16 02:58 PM

Ouch, tad bit early...

That'll be a nice trip though, haven't been to that island but heard good things. We're planning on hitting up van island next summer for one of the gf's cousins wedding anniversary, they're putting on a big shindig for it.

Prepare your body for some heat haha.

Zigzag19
(Jr Member)
08/17/16 05:49 PM

What do you pay for that internet speed?

Dahlia
(Post Master Supreme)
08/17/16 09:29 PM

I'm one of you now, Westerners. Well, north western

The air is pretty nice up here I might add

**DONOTDELETE**
()
08/17/16 10:30 PM

If you're a new customer to shaw it's $50 a month for the first year, then $80 per month for the remaining year of the 2 year contract I'm pretty sure is how it goes. Or if you're existing with shaw then you get $80 a month for 2 years. Good deal since their 30 mbps is like 70 a month lol

Get out of here Kristen this is a boys only club......sausage fest galore lullll

Smash
(Post Master Supreme)
08/19/16 12:22 PM

So Moof went undercover as a transvestite hooker eh

HondaBilly
(Post Master Sr)
08/22/16 11:45 AM

Good weekend away. Nice and relaxing...until the flight home. Our flight out of Vancouver was 2 hours late. We didn't get in the house till almost 1. My 450am alarm came way too fast. Today is a lazy write off at work.

**DONOTDELETE**
()
08/22/16 12:52 PM

Good you guys have a nice weekend, shitty about the delay...I know that pain. Our flight out of PEI was for 6AM, so we're up early as hell to shower and drive to the airport, check in, go through security....yeah there's something wrong with the plane we have to fly a mechanic in from Montreal your flight out is now at like noon...everyone go out to customer service and get your connects rebooked...woohooooooooooo

Fed my snake a rat last night before I went to bed, found this morning she constricted too hard...and I might have gave it to her too warm and she made the rat explode. Looked like a fucking murder scene in her home, pile of inside out rat in a corner, blood all over the glass, her water was green from blood and bits of guts being inside it. Fucking puke worthy while I was cleaning it up

HondaBilly
(Post Master Sr)
08/22/16 12:57 PM

Jesus. That is the most disgusting thing I've heard today. So nasty!

**DONOTDELETE**
()
08/22/16 01:08 PM

I will tell you this, inside out dead rat does not smell good. fuuuuuuuuuuuu

the joys of being a reptile owner. We're watching the bro and sis in laws frogs right now while they're on their honeymoon. They're cool and pretty easy to take care of. but I don't know if I'd want frogs, cant really interact with them. Might be ok if you had a sweet home for them and was a good visual piece for your house. These are black and blue tropical frogs, small little guys, not your typical frogs.

HondaBilly
(Post Master Sr)
08/23/16 07:41 AM

I can't do reptiles. My buddy has a bearded dragon that I take care of when they are gone. He's such a tempermental bitch. Plus the bugs he eats stink so bad. Knock on wood though, he doesn't shit until they come back which is nice.

Smash
(Post Master Supreme)
08/23/16 09:28 AM

fuck you and your fucking snakes. Reptiles are cool, but fuck snakes *insert nope lama*

That is quite the painting you've depicted with your story. Glad i didnt have to clean it up.

**DONOTDELETE**
()
08/23/16 10:04 AM

Snakes are good shit, I get why some people don't like them as far as being afraid of being bitten but they're not smelly slimy things that most people think they are. Some people are pretty out there and hardcore when it comes to being a snake enthusiast, I could never imagine having a giant boa or something similar. Or having an aggressive breed like a blood python or some jazz.

I'd like to get a dog but not til I buy a house.

**DONOTDELETE**
()
08/23/16 10:07 AM

Feels like we're in Lethbridge with how windy it is, shit is annoying.

Smash
(Post Master Supreme)
08/23/16 10:50 AM

yea go back to red deer winters then fuck lol

**DONOTDELETE**
()
08/23/16 11:18 AM

I could now that I work from home permanently.....on that note, I'm moving to the moon.

I don't even want to think about winter

HondaBilly
(Post Master Sr)
08/23/16 12:08 PM

Not sure if you like going to the mountains at all, but it's nice that Calgary is so close. If either wifey or I liked Calgary, we would move there in a heartbeat to be closer. We miss Hinton for only that reason.

**DONOTDELETE**
()
08/24/16 09:43 AM

Indeed I do, went camping 2 weeks ago, lucked out and it didn't actually rain at all. Was gunna go to Canmore this past Sunday but I was in Red Deer Saturday night and got back to Calgary too late to make the trip worth while.

How do you not like Calgary...? I'd say it's probably similar as to why I dislike Edmonton but probably not...as Calgary is a nice city and Edmonton isn't oh and the oilers...

HondaBilly
(Post Master Sr)
08/24/16 11:33 AM

I find Calgary just a pain in the ass to navigate and way too spread out. It might be because I've lived relatively central in Edmonton most of the time here so it's easy to get anywhere, and I can avoid shitty traffic situations, where as Calgary, no matter what the traffic is shit.

**DONOTDELETE**
()
08/25/16 08:19 AM

I rarely ever go to the north but it is spread out, pretty sprawly. As far as getting around I don't have a problem, I also never drive during rush hour though because that's straight death.

Smash
(Post Master Supreme)
08/28/16 04:52 PM

Only times there are traffic problems is 730-930am & 430-630pm Monday to Friday. Now winter time theres going to be accidents and you'll have random backup through out the city. but for the most part Calgary is a fairly flowing traffic city. iirc we're rated #4 in north america for populations over a million.

Now it does take 20 mins to get anywhere, but thats not because of traffic lol thats just living in a city.

HondaBilly
(Post Master Sr)
08/29/16 08:53 AM

Hmmm, so basically like edmonton. So it would come down to finding jobs with pensions then...

HondaBilly
(Post Master Sr)
08/29/16 08:54 AM

3 weeks till trip down East to Halifax/PEI. Lost^ I'm looking at you for some fun stuff to do on PEI.

Smash
(Post Master Supreme)
08/29/16 10:01 PM

3 weeks till trip down East to Halifax/PEI. Lost^ I'm looking at you for some fun stuff to do on PEI.

If you wanna have fun on vacaion change you're plane ticket to Vegas lol

HondaBilly
(Post Master Sr)
08/30/16 07:35 AM

Nah. We have some friends in Halifax that we want to see before they move to somewhere shitty. Plus we've never been. Cabot Trail is on the books, a cruise on the Bluenose II, beach time on PEI, wine country in Nova Scotia, tea with one of my longest tenured friends mom. It's going to be a blast.

**DONOTDELETE**
()
08/30/16 11:28 AM

I'll write up a list this evening, personally I really like the maritimes but I'm bias. It's a nice area, good people, easy going.

Smash
(Post Master Supreme)
08/30/16 01:23 PM

oh ya you're the guy who enjoys x-country sking eh lol I'd maybe do one of those things on your list, maybe.

HondaBilly
(Post Master Sr)
08/30/16 02:09 PM

What's wrong with cross country skiing? It's good exercise.

**DONOTDELETE**
()
09/06/16 02:28 PM

Alright let me see, I'll try to give info on places that I know or have been recommended. Things change every year I go back so always a bit of an update on certain spots each year.

Charlottetown:

Victoria Row - lots of good restaurants, patios, food/drinks. Right beside the city library and a few minute walk away from the harbour. Lots of cool old historical buildings around here as well.

Hunters pub - Good food, good beers, awesome service, the manager Steve Barber is probably the best guy when it comes to customer service I've ever met, awesome guy...bald and black rim glasses, if you go you'll see him. He just opened the beer gardens right across the street, the outside area is nice, good selection of beers, inside is nothing too special.

Gahan House - Old building, good food, brew their own beers which are yummy, I like the honey wheat and the blueberry. Very busy spot on weekends.

Water Prince corner shop - a lot of folk go here for lobster dinners, I hear it's good but have never been personally...which is strange lol. I prefer New glasgow lobster suppers myself.

Sims - bit more pricy, good steaks, good food.

Olde dublin pub - old school irish pub, good beers.

It's pretty hard to have a bad meal here, I could list off more but you can pretty much throw a dart at a board and pick a spot kinda deal and enjoy yourself with whatever random place you pick.

Victoria Park - There's a nice boardwalk built along the water, good for a nice walk and stop to check out old canons and there's an ice cream place open along the way if it's still in season.

Charlottetown harbour - lots and lots of knick knack stores, best place for cheap souvenirs and clothes. Various snacks and ice cream places around as well. Places to have food/drinks or to take a walk around.

There's a playhouse that will have a different show on each month or so, not sure if you're into that but it's fairly popular there.

Upstreet brewery - local microbrewery, can hit up their tasting room and try whatever they have on tap, they have board games and stuff to play.

Outside of Charlottetown:

New Glasgow Lobster Suppers - my fav place for a lobster dinner. You pick how large of a lobster you want, then it's unlimited salads, soup, fresh rolls, mussels until your lobster dinner comes, then unlimited desserts. Everything made fresh in house, crazy good. Busy spot though.

Richards Seafood - My go to for fish and chips, it's on a small wharf up by Brackley Beach. Their lobster roll looked awesome too, haven't tried it yet though.

Boom Burger - It's in North River/Cornwall off the highway beside the big Cows creamery. It's pretty good but have only gone there once or twice.

Deckers dairy bar - there's one in Cornwall, and one on the way out to Brackley Beach. Their flurries are awesome, like a DQ Blizzard but the ice cream and toppings used are better. Burgers, ice cream, anything I've had from Deckers is yummy.

Cows ice cream - Big one in North River/Cornwall, shops around Charlottetown, Cavendish, and where ever else. Great ice cream and waffle cones.

Not sure how warm it will be while you're there but in regards to beaches

Brackley Beach - White sand on the north shore, sand dunes, good size. super busy during summer

Cavendish Beach - Pretty nice, there's a boardwalk nearby with souvenir shops and restaurants

Canoe Cove - Probably my favorite growing up, not much of a beach to sit on unless the tide is out, grass area to sit on the cliff area above the beach.

Tracadie Beach - pretty busy beach during summer

I could go on but the whole fucking island is a beach

The island is tiny, you can drive around it in a day, there's lot of good random small restaurants in towns around the island, lots of nice old churches, tons of good places to take photos. Can literally drive around aimlessly and discover cool spots.

If the weather is still decent my buddy might still have his boat out, he'd take you guys out for a sail if you were interested, he lives out just past Montague, he's building his home/big ass cottage out there, still in the works but about half way done.

You'll find out pretty fast that the whole island has that small town vibe, everyone is very easy going and laid back. The driving is slow and terrible, people are over friendly and will do things that are illegal but it's just the way the island works.

Hopefully this is helpful, let me know if you have any questions about any finer details or recommendations, it's bit different for me where I just go visit friends/family and mainly just go to the beach and bbq where ever.

**DONOTDELETE**
()
09/06/16 02:32 PM

oh and you'll probably notice a ton of asians, mainly chinese, they've been buying up land and businesses like whoa the past few years. Every year I go back the more asians I see. Not racist but just strange for me as growing up there it was crazy to have one black kid in your entire school, now there's a metric fuck ton of chinese everywhere there.

HondaBilly
(Post Master Sr)
09/06/16 03:31 PM

Nice! Good list. I look forward to trying a few of these places. Thanks!

**DONOTDELETE**
()
09/07/16 04:18 PM

No prob, hope you enjoy the trip. I'll prob only go for a long weekend trip next year, gf only gets 2 weeks vacation so going to go to van island next year instead to visit some of her family for a wedding anniversary of her cousins.

Booked a trip to Kauai in January airfare was dirt cheap and rented a house I found off VRBO for a good price split between myself and a buddy who he and his wife are coming with us. Something to look forward to once it gets real cold

**DONOTDELETE**
()
09/23/16 01:42 PM

Can't wait to be home. My body hates me. I miss my bed.

Smash
(Post Master Supreme)
09/24/16 09:34 AM

Where you drinking this weekend?

**DONOTDELETE**
()
09/24/16 11:17 PM

Was in New Orleans all week, too much drinking

HondaBilly
(Post Master Sr)
10/03/16 10:21 AM

I'm back! Thanks again for the list. It came in handy. We had a great time and want to go back. PEI is so nice! It sucks that it rained most of our trip, but we got some good days on the beach. Not warm enough for swimming and it was super windy, but still nice. Brackley is awesome. I drank everything Gahan could offer. We played pool at Dooly's in Downtown Charlottetown. It looked sketchy as fuck, but the drinks were super cheap and the pool table was in good shape. The food was amazing. Our favorite meal of the trip was easily the Blue Mussel Cafe. Their lobster roll was awesome.

We partook in a New Glasgow Lobster supper. I loved it. My wife not so much. She likes lobster, but the tearing it apart did not sit well. I ate most of her lobster too.

As much as we wanted to, we didn't eat anything from Cow's. I'm lactose intolerant, so ice cream is a big nope, and they couldn't guarantee that nothing was gluten contaminated so the wife couldn't try it either. I was sad for her.

We drove everywhere. We had a Buick Verano (garbage) and put 3200 kms + on it. We saw almost the whole island, most of Nova Scotia and Cape Breton and a little bit of New Brunswick. We definitely want to go back.

**DONOTDELETE**
()
10/03/16 11:44 AM

Sweet, glad you guys had a good time. PEI is pretty awesome, very beautiful. I'd recommend going mid July to mid August if you want good beach weather if you guys decide to go back. But for a nice vacation spot within Canada, that's not crazy expensive, PEI is the place to go imo. It's nice to be able to enjoy white sand and dunes in the north, and regular red sand everywhere else.

Ahhh Dooly's lol, used to go there when I was younger, there's a big empty building to the left of it, that was a club called Myrons, what a shit show that place was when it was open.

Knew you would enjoy the food, like I said it's pretty hard to not have a good meal there. Yeahhhhh I can understand the not digging tearing apart a lobster, not for everyone, bit of work as well but I like doing it. It's like that just about everywhere if you go for a full lobster meal though. New Glasgows food is just so good, always leave hella stuffed.

Did you guys get the small town feel? Might have been different for you guys since I'll be hanging in random small towns with friends/family.

Not sure if you guys went to Fort Amherst, not that there's much to see/do but that area is where I grew up, in Rocky Point. 5-10 min drive outside of Cornwall.

HondaBilly
(Post Master Sr)
10/03/16 12:08 PM

Definitely got the small town vibe. We noticed that everyone there is just so much nicer that Alberta. Same in Nova Scotia. It's hard to get used to at first because you just assume they want something in return, but they don't. We want to go back. I would take my bike and ride the Confederation trail all over the island. Summer would be ideal but neither of us will be getting prime time holidays for at least 10 years with our jobs. The seniority ladder is a steep climb.

It's funny though, we were in both areas when a ton of Cruise ships were going through. A lot of the times it was us mixed in with a bus load of retirees doing a lot of the same stuff. We got a few odd looks.

Pretty sure I gained 15lbs with all the lobster rolls I ate. If it was on the menu, I got it. And they are all different.

We got pretty lucky with a lot of things though. All the seasonal stuff was starting to close down or had a week left. Worked out though, we got cheap accommodations all over.

**DONOTDELETE**
()
10/04/16 02:19 PM

lol yeah, everyone is nice and wants to chat your ear off.

Shitty you won't be able to hit it up during prime season, but like you said you can get good deals on accommodations and even clothing/souvenirs.

Definitely don't care for PST/HST though, but who knows, with the future of Alberta's taxes going through the roof maybe it won't even matter in comparison.

Will be in Edmonton next weekend to hit up the Kanye concert, will be cool to check out the new arena, but i'll be booing anything Oilers I see....boooo...booooo....

HondaBilly
(Post Master Sr)
10/05/16 07:32 AM

Nice! I'm looking forward to my first visit there too. Should be neat to see. Only way I'll get there is Oil Kings tickets though.

**DONOTDELETE**
()
10/05/16 08:07 AM

I've been looking on kijiji the past week for opening night tickets here and everything is literally double the cost of face value, which is straight laughable. Shitty second bowl seats for ~$140 or even press level going for ~$100-110. I'll assume prices will be normal as the season goes on, hopefully.

Helmer86
(Post Master)
10/05/16 10:40 AM

I hear the Oilers are winning the Cup again this year

HondaBilly
(Post Master Sr)
10/05/16 11:14 AM

If not this year, maybe next year.

Smash
(Post Master Supreme)
10/05/16 09:02 PM

Fuck that shit, the leafs are winning the cup. Well maybe not this year, but before Calgary anyways!

Coilers got a chance with McDavid. Lets see if they can get some defense and goal tending.

**DONOTDELETE**
()
10/06/16 11:42 AM

Flames will make the playoffs this year.

Every year the oilers should get better, but they don't. To which I'm more than ok with but this year they should actually be better....should be.... Canucks will be mediocre.

HondaBilly
(Post Master Sr)
10/06/16 03:01 PM

As long as Detroit keeps making the playoffs, I'm happy. Now that they are in the East, it's even harder to watch the games though.

Smash
(Post Master Supreme)
10/06/16 07:32 PM

MOOF YOU'RE FUCKING DEAD.

and this is the year Detroit misses the playoffs. The streak had to end sometime.

**DONOTDELETE**
()
10/06/16 09:29 PM

^ dirty habs fan

shoulda known you were a frog

**DONOTDELETE**
()
10/07/16 12:22 PM

I was expecting snow around Halloween, not the first week of October. fuuuuuuuuuu

Smash
(Post Master Supreme)
10/07/16 12:36 PM

It's all Moofs fault. Well 2 years ago we got snow on sept 11th. 2 feet of snow. Then we didnt get snow until December. Im not worried about seeing snow. I'll be worried if in 2 weeks its still here.

HondaBilly
(Post Master Sr)
10/07/16 03:01 PM

I am not interested in snow until all the trees have shed their leaves. Otherwise it just makes my yard a mess in the spring.

Helmer86
(Post Master)
10/07/16 03:06 PM

I was still hoping to mow one last time. ah well

**DONOTDELETE**
()
10/17/16 02:13 PM

I have concluded Edmonton is too cold for my liking. Rogers place is pretty nice though.

Smash
(Post Master Supreme)
10/17/16 03:29 PM

its funny how 300km can make such a difference. Being closer to the mountains helps as well.

How about mah boy Mathews! BOOOOO YA!!! Mitch Marner aint lookin to shabby either playing with bozak and JVR.

**DONOTDELETE**
()
10/18/16 03:27 PM

Yeahhhhh Auston will most likely be a star, rest of the young supporting cast should pan out well. Leafs should be decent in a couple seasons.

Flames are a garbage fire right now, new coach, new system, our top line had one day of practice together before the season started, so go figure the Flames are trash. Need to wait for things to start clicking.

Moof
(Post Master Supreme)
10/24/16 12:01 PM

Fart.

Smash
(Post Master Supreme)
10/24/16 10:27 PM

Change my fucking sig or im driving out to give you a whoopin ya lil prick.

edit: change it back to what it was.

**DONOTDELETE**
()
10/31/16 10:40 AM

All Baker Hughes base are belong to GE.

Next year will be a busy one

Smash
(Post Master Supreme)
11/04/16 09:24 AM

Judging by my sig someone wants a kick in the nuts for his birthday

Moof
(Post Master Supreme)
11/04/16 10:17 AM

Sorry, but the member you are trying to contact is not in service. Please try again later.

Butthole.

**DONOTDELETE**
()
11/04/16 11:53 AM

Pynch is such a typical frenchie

Smash
(Post Master Supreme)
11/07/16 11:53 AM

Happy Birthday Moof, you dirty pirate hooker.

HondaBilly
(Post Master Sr)
11/07/16 02:38 PM

Happy Birthday home slice!

**DONOTDELETE**
()
11/07/16 03:22 PM

Why isn't Facebook telling me its his birthday, my safety net is breaking...

Happy birthday Moof!

Moof
(Post Master Supreme)
11/07/16 07:10 PM

Why isn't Facebook telling me its his birthday, my safety net is breaking...

Happy birthday Moof!

I don't advertise my birthday. Only 2 people here in my new place know when it is.

**DONOTDELETE**
()
11/16/16 12:29 PM

Middle of November.

Seems like the start of summer wasn't long ago. Now I need to get buying Christmas presents out of the way.

**DONOTDELETE**
()
11/16/16 12:30 PM

Oh and I'm 30 now, took 2 days for me to feel normal after drinking too many margs on the weekend. Old balls.

Helmer86
(Post Master)
11/16/16 02:44 PM

Those weren't even margs most of the night

**DONOTDELETE**
()
11/16/16 03:24 PM

Margs with rum, beer and whatever else sadly got poured in

HondaBilly
(Post Master Sr)
11/17/16 07:30 AM

Oh and I'm 30 now, took 2 days for me to feel normal after drinking too many margs on the weekend. Old balls.

I wish I was 30 again. I'm almost 40 now. Yikes! 3 more years. I have a buddy with a kid that's graduating in June. I can't have more than 3 beers or it's hangover city.

**DONOTDELETE**
()
12/05/16 11:21 PM

Winter be like

Moof
(Post Master Supreme)
12/10/16 07:08 AM

I'm warmer than you fuckers.

**DONOTDELETE**
()
12/12/16 10:36 AM

For the first time in a long time, makes you miss Old Crow I bet

Moof
(Post Master Supreme)
12/12/16 04:52 PM

It's been tickling -50 there for a few weeks now.

**DONOTDELETE**
()
12/16/16 11:13 AM

I don't wannaaaaaaaaaaaaa work

I just want to bang on the drum all day

Smash
(Post Master Supreme)
01/11/17 12:01 AM

You are all a pile of pussy's. It was -38 the other day and I worked outside for 12 hours.

Well maybe not Moof, he probably stood on the street corner for 12 hours.

HondaBilly
(Post Master Sr)
01/11/17 07:32 AM

Cool bro. I was toasty inside. Except for when I was working on Saturday and the overhead door took a shit and was open all day.

Zigzag19
(Jr Member)
01/13/17 01:56 PM

Need this colder weather for another 3 months, then I be happy.

**DONOTDELETE**
()
01/15/17 05:04 PM

Just got back from Hawaii yesterday, missed the entire cold snap

**DONOTDELETE**
()
01/16/17 11:05 PM

Zigzag19
(Jr Member)
01/17/17 04:54 PM

Fucking hilarious...

**DONOTDELETE**
()
01/23/17 11:42 AM

So....you guys like....stuff?

Zigzag19
(Jr Member)
01/23/17 01:58 PM

Ha ha... not sure what..... stuff.....you mean.

**DONOTDELETE**
()
01/23/17 02:13 PM

just keeping the thread alive since everyone has peaced out

Moof is busy chasing ski bunnies and Pynch is busy chasing trannies.

so roneryyyyyyyyyyy

Moof
(Post Master Supreme)
01/23/17 03:08 PM

I'm around.

We're down 3 members so I've been working forced OT since December. 60 hours a week. On my downtime I've been working on my electromechanical technicians certificate.

Zigzag19
(Jr Member)
01/23/17 03:53 PM

What the hell does an electromechanical technician do??

Moof
(Post Master Supreme)
01/23/17 04:01 PM

Covert installations for tracking, bugging, etc. Disarming alarm systems, picking locks, "stealing" cars. Something that, if I get a position, I'm stuck with until I retire.

I've wanted to do it since I joined. The only downside is that deployment stations are all large centres. I'll have to move to LMD, Edmonton(lol), Ottawa or St.John's(woo!).

**DONOTDELETE**
()
01/23/17 04:13 PM

Police stealing cars, shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

What/where is LMD? Edmonton, lul. Can't attest to Ottawa. St. John's...woo indeed lol.

I'm looking to settle down in a years time, see if I stay in Calgary, perhaps move to PEI for being able to buy a mansion for the same money a basic house gets you here. Or possibly see if I can get my work to get me a US work visa and peace out to somewhere warm.

Moof
(Post Master Supreme)
01/23/17 04:18 PM

LMD - Lower Mainland.
I'd get the most experience there, but never want to live in such a densely-populated area.

Out east would be fun. The maritimes are split between the guys in Ontario/Quebec and the couple in Nfld. Edmonton.....lol no. No. No.

Zigzag19
(Jr Member)
01/23/17 05:42 PM

Could be worse... you could be doing that shit where Pynch is...lol

HondaBilly
(Post Master Sr)
01/24/17 07:39 AM

Edmonton isn't that bad. You would be busy. Plus I have a cheap condo you could buy.

**DONOTDELETE**
()
01/24/17 09:35 AM

Do you want your condo to be haunted? Moof will bring his ghost and then your property value will plummet.

HondaBilly
(Post Master Sr)
01/25/17 07:32 AM

I don't think it can get any lower. If it goes any lower the bank will be owing me money.

Smash
(Post Master Supreme)
01/29/17 03:05 PM

128 hours on this cheque. Lots of work. If anyone tells you there isnt work in the oil fields tell them they dont know what they're talking about. We've worked the last week short handed. Ive been getting calls to go back to Alberta cause they're short handed as well. Lots of work!

**DONOTDELETE**
()
01/30/17 10:19 AM

Good to hear, I knew things have been picking up but def nice to hear there's that much need...hopefully it keeps up.

Where are you working out of?

Smash
(Post Master Supreme)
01/30/17 06:21 PM

Im up in Fort St. John right now.

Moof
(Post Master Supreme)
01/31/17 12:39 AM

That entire city smells like truckstop hooker.

Zigzag19
(Jr Member)
01/31/17 05:52 PM

lol

Moof
(Post Master Supreme)
02/12/17 12:34 PM

IM SO TIRED.

5 members doing the work of 9. I'm working about 70 hours a week just trying to catch up.

HondaBilly
(Post Master Sr)
02/13/17 10:51 AM

Brutal.

Hey Moof, do you cover the Fairmont area too?

**DONOTDELETE**
()
02/13/17 11:01 AM

I don't mind helping out if you'll give me a gun and a badge...

Moof
(Post Master Supreme)
02/13/17 12:59 PM

Brutal.

Hey Moof, do you cover the Fairmont area too?

Sure do.

**DONOTDELETE**
()
02/16/17 02:50 PM

A couple days of +12 and the snow took a solid beating....it can stay this way in my opinion....

Going to PEI next week, they've had like 3 blizzards in a week

Smash
(Post Master Supreme)
02/16/17 07:16 PM

I rove it! FSJ is getting a chinook every 2nd week, its great!

Zigzag19
(Jr Member)
02/17/17 10:11 AM

I rove it! FSJ is getting a chinook every 2nd week, its great!

Don't tell Decaprio bout that.

Moof
(Post Master Supreme)
02/23/17 04:05 PM

Blech.

Boss says I get a cadet to train this summer. Looks like my work load is doubling.

**DONOTDELETE**
()
02/24/17 10:54 AM

Just go all Training Day on him, take him into the ghetto of Fernie....lol

HondaBilly
(Post Master Sr)
02/27/17 07:51 AM

I just got back from a week at the in-laws retirement trailer park in Yuma. I love/hate how cheap alcohol is in the US. A 6-pack of Rolling Rock was 4.99. Even the wife found cheap beer. A 6-pack of Gluten-Free beer was $8 at Walmart. The same beer here is $23.99/6.

**DONOTDELETE**
()
02/27/17 09:30 AM

Yeah you can literally afford to be an alcoholic in the states no problem. Sucks that any decent craft/imported 6 packs here are upwards of 20 bucks.

$24 for a 24 pack of yummy Kona brewing beers at the costco in Hawaii when I was there last month. Or the giant bottle of costco spiced rum was $19 while it's like $60 here lol

HondaBilly
(Post Master Sr)
02/27/17 09:53 AM

Yesterday was tough. It's so hard to come back and not start drinking at 10am. I'm going to love/hate retirement. I've never seen so much alcohol consumed. We had a hard time keeping up.

**DONOTDELETE**
()
03/02/17 10:48 AM

yeesh. was presenting what i've been working on to my team the past 2 weeks. Mention I need to reach out to one corp network security guy.

After I'm done the 2nd in command in my team messages me on instant messenger and gives me a link to a news article that shows the guy I mentioned just killed his wife and committed suicide a couple days ago. Guess I won't be reaching out to him \:\|

HondaBilly
(Post Master Sr)
03/03/17 07:33 AM

Jesus. That is fucked up.

Moof
(Post Master Supreme)
03/03/17 12:19 PM

Wow. What the fuck?

**DONOTDELETE**
()
03/03/17 03:17 PM

http://www.richmond.com/news/virginia/ch...637fa76916.html

yeah fucked up. strange feeling having talked with him on and off about projects and just recently as well with what I'm working on now.

**DONOTDELETE**
()
03/09/17 10:07 AM

Zigzag19
(Jr Member)
03/09/17 11:47 AM

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/{SIMPLETEXT}&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TDDNS1UdPOQ" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="350"></embed></object><br /><small>

Wtf did I just watch?

**DONOTDELETE**
()
03/09/17 01:10 PM

A lyrical masterpiece that represents how I feel about the current weather

Zigzag19
(Jr Member)
03/09/17 02:41 PM

I am with ya there.

Smash
(Post Master Supreme)
03/09/17 08:17 PM

**DONOTDELETE**
()
03/09/17 08:47 PM

I work from home, I ventured outside to get the mail.

I'll bitch all I want

HondaBilly
(Post Master Sr)
03/10/17 07:58 AM

I walk 15 feet to my garage, then 20 feet to the door at work. I bitch because I'm old and always chilled.

Also, I did my time working outside when I was in my early 20's. Don't need to do it anymore.

Zigzag19
(Jr Member)
03/10/17 10:49 AM

I am just plain fucking tired of winter and will continue to bitch until this fucking place is fucking green!!

Moof
(Post Master Supreme)
03/10/17 03:27 PM

Bought a new laptop so I can do my courses on the go. It's amazing the amount of useless shit I have to uninstall.

Smash
(Post Master Supreme)
03/13/17 12:19 AM

Yeah the amount of junk is absurd. Ive stopped trying to get rid of all the junk i get after updates. Like i dont need cortana, fuck off.

on a side note 177 hour this week. 135 on the rig and another 42 in the truck.

Moof
(Post Master Supreme)
03/16/17 12:42 AM

How many of you guys are hitting up the Calgary auto show tomorrow (Thursday)? I'll be there most of the day.

**DONOTDELETE**
()
03/16/17 08:57 AM

I looked down at it last night while walking to the train from the dome, no plans on going...although I saw a display for the new Type R which peaked my interest

Moof
(Post Master Supreme)
03/16/17 05:36 PM

It was pretty good. Naturally, nobody was allowed to even touch the Type R. The new touring hatchback was really nice though.

Moof
(Post Master Supreme)
03/23/17 01:39 PM

Roush intake & exhaust ordered for the truck.

It begins.

**DONOTDELETE**
()
03/23/17 01:55 PM

vroom vrooooooooooooom

s2k is up for sale, most likely moving to PEI in the next few months.

Moof
(Post Master Supreme)
03/23/17 03:20 PM

New job?

**DONOTDELETE**
()
03/23/17 03:40 PM

Same job, work from home, boss and HR said I can move anywhere in Canada and keep working from home. Ready to buy a house and for the sake I can work from home, alongside 90% of my family being in PEI, I can get a house there for ~$300k that would cost ~$600k here in Calgary.

There's pros and cons obviously to either staying in Calgary or moving to PEI, but for near and long term goals, moving makes the most sense.

Moof
(Post Master Supreme)
03/23/17 07:57 PM

Haha fuck Calgary.

Sea air, fishing, cheap cost of living.

**DONOTDELETE**
()
03/23/17 10:19 PM

oh I love Calgary but outside of going to Flames games and having a wide range of restaurants available, I don't go nuts with the whole big city lifestyle. Especially working from home, the only time I leave the house is to go to the gym which is like not even a 5 minute drive.

I think once I adjust to living in the slower paced lifestyle, it could be really nice. PEI is pretty boss during summer. Winters can be brutal if they get a ton of snow, but not as much -30 or colder weather like we get here. Being able to go to the beach all the time during summer will be pretty awesome.

HondaBilly
(Post Master Sr)
03/24/17 07:30 AM

Yeah, the only pro to staying in Calgary is the mountains being nice and close. But if you can work from home anywhere in Canada, I would move to PEI too. Are you going to live in Charlottetown or somewhere outside of there? I spent 4.5 days there in September, so I pretty much know the whole island.

**DONOTDELETE**
()
03/24/17 09:37 AM

We're looking at a house in Stratford, which is that town just east of Charlottetown you take the small bridge over to. But we'll see what plays out, looking to stay within queens county which is the center area of the island, and try to stay within a 15-20 minute drive to Charlottetown.

We looked around van island which is luring for the weather but housing costs there are pretty high. Hard to argue PEI for me when it comes to cost of living and most of my family being there.

HondaBilly
(Post Master Sr)
03/24/17 10:36 AM

Quality of life is probably quite a bit better too. It helps that people on the island are really friendly too. Whereas here, not so much.

**DONOTDELETE**
()
03/27/17 10:50 AM

I won't jinx anything so I'll just say that this weather is nice and it is my friend.

Smash
(Post Master Supreme)
04/17/17 11:21 AM

Whats up bitches!!! Spring breakup is here, hide the women and children

**DONOTDELETE**
()
04/17/17 11:42 AM

The Habs fan is back ruh roh....

Bought a house in PEI, moving next month, remember meeeeeeeeeeeeee

Moof
(Post Master Supreme)
04/17/17 12:19 PM

Whats up bitches!!! Spring breakup is here, hide the women and children

Do we have to hide them because of your Court Order? Don't worry, 50 meters from any playground isn't too bad of a condition.

Moof
(Post Master Supreme)
04/17/17 12:21 PM

Holy shit dude! Congrats!

A position in my section field just became vacant.....in Prince George. Its the section I want, and I'll be short-listed because I'm already so close, but I don't want to spend the next 10 years in PG.

I'll just keep waiting until one in Ottawa pops up.

Smash
(Post Master Supreme)
04/17/17 01:17 PM

Moof change my sig back you cunt.

Moof
(Post Master Supreme)
04/17/17 01:29 PM

Not unles you find the old one for me, or a link for it.

That shit's gone.

Smash
(Post Master Supreme)
04/17/17 01:53 PM

you fuck stick

Moof
(Post Master Supreme)
04/17/17 02:00 PM

Same interior

HondaBilly
(Post Master Sr)
04/18/17 07:38 AM

Congrats! Pics of new house? Where did you buy? In town?

**DONOTDELETE**
()
04/18/17 10:28 AM

Out in the country, well countryish, it's only under 10 mins from Cornwall and under 20 to Charlottetown. My sisters house is a 3 minute drive away and parents under 10 mins away.

https://www.realtor.ca/Residential/Singl...A1H6-Rice-Point

Beautiful house with over 2 acres of land and a bit of a sea view, too hard to pass up. Pictures don't even do it justice, doesn't show the den, mud room, proper pics of the bedrooms. Just got brand new hardwood floors throughout the entire house so the flooring in the pics isn't accurate now.

Moof
(Post Master Supreme)
04/18/17 11:58 AM

*grabs to tissue*

I hate you. I WANT TO LIVE THERE.

**DONOTDELETE**
()
04/18/17 02:23 PM

lol time to change your work desination to PEI. Your dollar definitely goes a lot further there

HondaBilly
(Post Master Sr)
04/19/17 07:34 AM

Fucking wow! Do you need a grounds keeper?

**DONOTDELETE**
()
04/19/17 10:18 AM

I was thinking of getting a herd of goats to take care of the grass but I'll need a pool boy....

Any of y'all are welcome to visit if you're ever on island

Smash
(Post Master Supreme)
04/19/17 08:52 PM

Any of y'all are welcome to visit if you're ever on island

You brave, brave man lol

**DONOTDELETE**
()
04/20/17 11:09 AM

We can have a big lobster boil, mussels for dayssssssss.

Will miss not having a Costco liquor store, well a Costco in general but can drive to Moncton for that. No Costco liquors in the maritimes as far as I know. Govt. controlled liquor stores for the lose.

Smash
(Post Master Supreme)
04/20/17 03:14 PM

Yeah Manitoba seems to be the only province that knows what they are doing with govt liquor stores. BC is private but must close at 11pm. Sask is govt but close at 9pm iirc. Manitoba at least you can buy beer until 2am. no hard booze after 9.

And if someone is bringing up off sales, id rather drive to the next closest province than purchase off sales lol

**DONOTDELETE**
()
04/21/17 10:07 AM

Yeah the latest liquor stores on PEI are open is 10PM, which in the grand scheme of things is fine by me. It's just the prices that are rape.

TGIF

**DONOTDELETE**
()
04/21/17 10:18 AM

Also, buying a house is a pain in the ass.

c2k
(Post Master Supreme)
04/25/17 01:31 PM

So..

This particular rum, Legendario is not available anywhere in Ontario but with my google-fu, I found out that it's widely sold in Alberta/Manitoba?

Can anybody in Alberta/Manitoba confirm?

HondaBilly
(Post Master Sr)
04/25/17 02:30 PM

Yup. I've seen it locally in Edmonton. Save your money and go to Cuba and buy it there. It's $50+ a bottle here.

Smash
(Post Master Supreme)
04/25/17 04:21 PM

I dunno man, maybe its because I like Bacardi but I thought the rum in cuba was garbage

**DONOTDELETE**
()
04/25/17 04:29 PM

eh I quite enjoy the 7 year and older Havana club. Dirt cheap in Cuba, not the case here sadly.

HondaBilly
(Post Master Sr)
04/25/17 10:38 PM

I dunno man, maybe its because I like Bacardi but I thought the rum in cuba was garbage

Bacardi is Cuban....

Edit: Was Cuban, but still uses original recipes.

**DONOTDELETE**
()
04/28/17 01:27 PM

S2k is gone, GNSP

Moof
(Post Master Supreme)
04/28/17 01:33 PM

Sold my '95 F150 today as well.

Good riddance

Now I have camper money.

**DONOTDELETE**
()
04/28/17 02:26 PM

Nice, that'll be fun for summer.

I'm going to buy a truck, leaning towards a Ridgeline.

Smash
(Post Master Supreme)
05/02/17 02:34 AM

why did you sell your bush truck

**DONOTDELETE**
()
05/03/17 09:15 AM

Supposed to be +28 this Friday....see you guys at the beach

Smash
(Post Master Supreme)
05/15/17 03:58 PM

Hey guys

Moof
(Post Master Supreme)
05/16/17 06:02 PM

I'm loving how the CBC hockey presenters keep saying how Kessel 'feeds' the puck or they 'feed' the puck to him.

They said it at least 3 times during game 1 against the Sens

**DONOTDELETE**
()
05/17/17 10:07 AM

Aeroplan points are fucking useless. Seems like your only option is to use them when you give zero fucks on which days you want to fly.

We're going to Van island in July for the gf's family reunion and aeroplan is like, you can only fly out on one day of the week you're wanting to go, and it's a day I don't want to fly on.

I have a feeling I'm going to burn these points up on random trips to Calgary after I move and just ditch my aero gold visa and move to the Amex travel card I have which lets you book through any airline and claim points against whatever you book. You don't earn as much points wise as aeroplan, but at least you can actually book what you want and get a discount.

**DONOTDELETE**
()
05/17/17 02:54 PM

ayyyyyyyyyy I'm officially a home owner wooooooooooooooo

HondaBilly
(Post Master Sr)
05/17/17 02:55 PM

I hate our aeroplan card. I love my Westjet card though. Free flights once a year is great.

Smash
(Post Master Supreme)
05/20/17 06:58 PM

I like my Air miles

**DONOTDELETE**
()
05/21/17 11:15 AM

Killer weather this weekend

Moof
(Post Master Supreme)
05/21/17 08:08 PM

Apparently I might be pulling a 'Lost' and heading eastbound?

Staffing sent me a really cryptic email on Friday. "Just wondering if you're still interested in Newfoundland. There's a few 3-man Detachments opening up."

**DONOTDELETE**
()
05/22/17 12:08 AM

oh shit nfld, be slayin the ladies there

Packing sucks x 783678632786872

Moof
(Post Master Supreme)
05/22/17 09:09 AM

Not for me. RCMP pays people to pack our shit.

**DONOTDELETE**
()
05/22/17 09:20 PM

wasting more of our tax dollars! rabble rabble rabble!

lucky lucky, packing has been a pain, mixed with getting rid of random old junk, it's basically super spring cleaning as we're getting rid of a bunch of old shit that isn't worth moving across country. So it's good in that aspect I suppose.

Moof
(Post Master Supreme)
05/23/17 02:31 PM

Packing is the ultimate form of spring cleaning!

HondaBilly
(Post Master Sr)
05/24/17 07:29 AM

Agreed. I got rid of 80% of my stuff when I moved to Hinton. I moved everything I had in a Chevy Savannah van. It was great to get rid of a ton of shit.

Moof
(Post Master Supreme)
05/24/17 04:51 PM

So I've been able to narrow down where staffing is thinking about sending me. They're the only 3-man Detachments that aren't in Labrador.

Roddickton
Harbour Breton
Bay d'Espoir
Burgeo
Carmanville
New Wes Valley
Fogo Island ( FUCK yeah)
Flowers Cove

Smash
(Post Master Supreme)
05/24/17 05:42 PM

Moof likes to have his shit packed by other people

Moof's use to have his shit packed for him

All cops get their shit packed by someone else

lmao more?

Moof
(Post Master Supreme)
05/24/17 06:49 PM

I'm don't want to sound like all your sexual partners, but...

I expected more from you.

HondaBilly
(Post Master Sr)
05/25/17 02:42 PM

Oh man. 2 weeks till holidays. Mountain biking trip planned to Nelson, B.C. for 6 days.
Should be an interesting drive. MS Bike tour Leduc-Camrose on June 10-11, drive home, swap out the bikes, start driving to Nelson.

Moof
(Post Master Supreme)
05/26/17 01:54 PM

Hah, Nelson. Buncha hippies.

Moof
(Post Master Supreme)
05/28/17 11:04 AM

So staffing has fallen eerily silent. Methinks they are plotting my move for next year.

Smash
(Post Master Supreme)
05/28/17 07:14 PM

Is the GF moving witchu

Moof
(Post Master Supreme)
05/29/17 09:58 AM

Nope. No chance in hell she'd go

HondaBilly
(Post Master Sr)
05/29/17 10:51 AM

Looks like Invermere might be our gas/lunch stopping point on Monday the 16th. Any food recommendations with Gluten-free option for the celiac wife?

**DONOTDELETE**
()
05/29/17 11:41 AM

One of the trailer tires blew out, chillin on the side of the road in middle of nowhere Ontario

Remember meeeeeeee

Moof
(Post Master Supreme)
05/29/17 12:30 PM

Looks like Invermere might be our gas/lunch stopping point on Monday the 16th. Any food recommendations with Gluten-free option for the celiac wife?

Rocky river grill has GF options and hot waitresses.

HondaBilly
(Post Master Sr)
05/30/17 07:30 AM

One of the trailer tires blew out, chillin on the side of the road in middle of nowhere Ontario

Remember meeeeeeee

Brutal.

**DONOTDELETE**
()
05/30/17 10:55 PM

Remember meeeeeeee

Brutal.

Waited over 3 hours for the tire guy to show up, we were in the middle of nowhere northern Ontario.

He gets the tire off and the entire brake assembly falls to the ground in bits and pieces. Something went wrong, brake got stuck engaged, shoe melted to the rim, everything got super hot a went kaboom. Solid six hours wasted.

Driving across Canada with 3 working brakes and the trailer is making a clanging sound when I drive now.

In conclusion, fuck uhaul.

HondaBilly
(Post Master Sr)
05/31/17 07:31 AM

Oh god! Uhaul is the worst. I started paying more and use Budget or Enterprise now when I have to haul stuff. The quality isn't that much better, but the placebo effect helps.

HondaBilly
(Post Master Sr)
05/31/17 11:31 AM

Lately I've been wrestling with the thoughts of selling the WRX and buying a truck. It would most likely be a Honda Ridgeline because they are hot sex. Just for the ease of doing yard disposal and taking the bikes out for remote riding. My main issue is that I love driving manual, & having a sporty car. I'm also not keen on having a car payment, but traveling would be so much more comfortable too. The wife will be up for a new vehicle soon as well which doesn't help either. Her Forester has 1 foot in the grave already. She was supposed to buy last year, but kept putting it off and now we're into replacement mode for me. 2 payments would be absolutely ridiculous.

Moof
(Post Master Supreme)
06/01/17 05:54 AM

Why not pick up a Tacoma?

Fun and stick shift.

Moof
(Post Master Supreme)
06/03/17 05:23 AM

Sorry boys, sounds like I'm leaving the West

Moving to either Burgeo or Flowers Cove this fall.

**DONOTDELETE**
()
06/03/17 06:24 AM

I figured you'd end up in Muddy Hole

Just discovered that's a place after looking up Burgeo

THE WEST IS DYING, EVERYONE IS LEAVING

J/K my heart will live on in Alberta.

That's cool though, East coast/island life is different but in a good way.

Moof
(Post Master Supreme)
06/03/17 03:54 PM

I'm thinking Burgeo. I don't really have any desire to go to Flowers Cove as it's so far out of the way for amenities.

**DONOTDELETE**
()
06/04/17 09:37 AM

Why do you want to leave Fernie? Was nfld your main choice but not available when you were moving south?

Moof
(Post Master Supreme)
06/04/17 12:21 PM

Newfoundland was my first pick since I started in 2009. Nothing has been offered to me or available until now. I wanted it over BC for sure.

**DONOTDELETE**
()
06/04/17 02:07 PM

Gotcha gotcha, don't want to come to PEI?

Moof
(Post Master Supreme)
06/04/17 02:43 PM

haha I would, if there were any openings.

HondaBilly
(Post Master Sr)
06/05/17 07:33 AM

Wow! Good luck Moof! When would your moving date be?

Moof
(Post Master Supreme)
06/05/17 09:58 AM

No clue. All I was told was "this year" and "sooner than later"

**DONOTDELETE**
()
06/05/17 10:24 AM

I'll come visit you if you let me drive your car and shoot your handgun a la Super Bad

Moof
(Post Master Supreme)
06/05/17 05:38 PM

Haha holy shit, they called again today and dropped a few more places on me.

Corner Brook
Stephenvile

MOTHIER FUCKING DEER LAKE

**DONOTDELETE**
()
06/05/17 06:23 PM

Damn actual civilization. Best hop on that shit

Moof
(Post Master Supreme)
06/05/17 07:48 PM

Said they're going to send me a list to pick from, then get the transfer papers rolling out.

**DONOTDELETE**
()
06/13/17 10:55 AM

what dat humidity do

Been over a week here now but still doesn't feel real yet. Overall good so far though, never ending stuff to do right now around the house/yard. Living in the country is pretty sweet though, very glad we bought where we did. Took a drive past the other house we looked at in Stratford and so glad we didn't like it...although I would have been able to get good internet there....the struggle of getting decent internet in a rural area is real.

Moof
(Post Master Supreme)
06/13/17 12:45 PM

Haha you're preaching to the choir. I don't miss my "satellite / adsl" connection in Old Crow.

So I've been doing a lot of soul searching and I don't think I'm ready to leave BC this year. I owe it to my team here who has been struggling due to working below minimum manpower. Me leaving just makes it that much more difficult for them. Hopefully staffing understands and considers me for the next fiscal year.

Plus if I stay here, my boss owes me like no other. I'm going to weasel the traffic reconstruction course out of him.

**DONOTDELETE**
()
06/14/17 09:05 AM

You guys are understaffed? No one wants to work in Fernie? wuuuut?

That's understandable/commendable though. No need to rush unless you don't think you'll be able to get out east in the near future.

Helmer86
(Post Master)
06/14/17 10:52 AM

can you pay someone like 10 grand to run fiber to your house?

Might be worth it long term

**DONOTDELETE**
()
06/15/17 07:58 AM

It would be wayyyyyyyyyyyy more than that haha, I think fiber is only available in certain parts of charlottetown. prob cost mucho dinero to make that happen, and it prob never will without the govt. playing a hand in that.

Senor Eduardo_82
(Post Master Supreme)
06/17/17 08:49 PM

Moof needs to check in more often. I was right in his backyard today.

**DONOTDELETE**
()
06/18/17 08:54 AM

eddie getting his stalk on

HondaBilly
(Post Master Sr)
06/19/17 07:45 AM

Originally Posted By: eddie_82

Ditto. Spent Saturday in Fairmont on the way home from Nelson. I forgot to ask Moof for his new cell# before we left. He could have come for a soak in the hot springs.

Moof
(Post Master Supreme)
06/19/17 01:45 PM

Dammit! The both of you.

Senor Eduardo_82
(Post Master Supreme)
06/19/17 03:23 PM

Ditto. Spent Saturday in Fairmont on the way home from Nelson. I forgot to ask Moof for his new cell# before we left. He could have come for a soak in the hot springs.

Lussier > Fairmont ;\)

Senor Eduardo_82
(Post Master Supreme)
06/19/17 03:30 PM

There was some British car show in Radium on Saturday too. I had no idea until I was on the way back through and followed two dudes in a Caterham7 (the same green one seen in the link below) for a while, then saw a handful of MGs and Triumphs lingering around.

http://calgarymgclub.org/britsbest.html

HondaBilly
(Post Master Sr)
06/19/17 03:32 PM

Lussier > Fairmont ;\)

Most likely. Fairmont is bottom rung for sure. We hit up the Ainsworth Hot Springs by Kaslo are pretty amazing.

Moof
(Post Master Supreme)
06/19/17 05:50 PM

Hah I saw that Caterham around town. And there was a Beer Fest in Fairmont on Saturday. I was there working.

HondaBilly
(Post Master Sr)
06/20/17 07:34 AM

FUCK!! We were going to go, but for $60 it wouldn't have been worth it for the 1.5hrs we would have been there.

HondaBilly
(Post Master Sr)
06/26/17 10:57 AM

There is a guy on the Edmonton Mountain bike page that takes pictures like Balbi. It makes me lol.

Moof
(Post Master Supreme)
06/26/17 02:14 PM

Pics or ban!

God damn 32c out yesterday. Supposed to be hotter this afternoon.

HondaBilly
(Post Master Sr)
06/26/17 02:34 PM

Try this?

I don't know if you have to be a member to see the posts or not.

Moof
(Post Master Supreme)
06/26/17 04:26 PM

Aaaaahahahaha

Moof
(Post Master Supreme)
06/27/17 03:02 PM

Jesus fucking overtime. I've been working since June 23rd with my next day off being..... July 9th.

HondaBilly
(Post Master Sr)
06/27/17 06:10 PM

Are you working September long?

**DONOTDELETE**
()
06/28/17 09:56 AM

What kind of crime is the main issue around that area?

Moof
(Post Master Supreme)
06/28/17 11:41 AM

Impaired driving, assaults, domestics, and property thefts mostly.

90% alcohol fuelled and Albertans.

**DONOTDELETE**
()
06/29/17 08:23 AM

So you arrest Pynch over and over is what you're saying...

Moof
(Post Master Supreme)
07/01/17 01:59 PM

Happy birthday, Robin Sparkles!

**DONOTDELETE**
()
07/13/17 01:23 PM

Why do I continue to punish myself by flying with Air Canada...

Sitting in Comox, delayed almost two hours now

Smash
(Post Master Supreme)
07/16/17 10:37 PM

We talkin about overtime!

Over time.. you're bitching about overtime... mother fucker, im putting in 70hrs a week of hard labor and this mother fucker be complaining about some overtime. Bitch i been going since June 6th lol overtime.

Smash
(Post Master Supreme)
07/16/17 10:38 PM

Why do I continue to punish myself by flying with Air Canada...

Sitting in Comox, delayed almost two hours now

I felt the same way about westjet, but now they got them big seats for like 50$ more and now i dont mind if they leave my luggage on the other side of the country.

HondaBilly
(Post Master Sr)
07/18/17 09:28 AM

I know someone here went to Cayo Coco for a trip, I'm thinking Lost? Where did you stay and how was it compared to Varadero (if you've been there as well). We're going in November most likely.

**DONOTDELETE**
()
07/18/17 11:06 AM

Not I, been to Cayo Largo twice but never been to the main island. Cayo Largo is a small island off the coast, overall I'd recommend going there but not sure what prices are like these days

HondaBilly
(Post Master Sr)
07/18/17 03:56 PM

Hmmm, well then...that throws recommendations out the window. Will look into Cayo Largo as well then.

**DONOTDELETE**
()
07/18/17 08:55 PM

Cayo Largo will most likely be more expensive but it's a really nice spot, if you're looking for less people/kids and a really chill spot then I highly recommend it. Can post pics or you can check out some pics I posted on facebook however long ago, there should be a few albums. I've met up with AMG SiR from on here twice down there, he was the one who recommended the place to me.

Only other tropical spots I've been to are Hawaii and Jamaica. And backpacked around central america long ago but that's different.

Are you only looking at Cuba? I do like Cuba personally, didn't care much for Jamaica.

HondaBilly
(Post Master Sr)
07/19/17 07:57 AM

Yeah. We love Cuba. This will be #5. We usually stay in Varadero, but are looking for something new. It's nice and no Americans.

Moof
(Post Master Supreme)
07/19/17 08:17 AM

I'm looking at Playa Del Carman again for this winter, but going all "treat yo self"

Ground floor walk-out on the beach master suite. Cheapest we've found is $4000 each for 10 days.

**DONOTDELETE**
()
07/19/17 08:54 AM

So uhh...you're taking me right?

I can wear a wig....

**DONOTDELETE**
()
07/19/17 08:55 AM

I want to go back to Kauai in Jan/Feb next year. There's a flight deal from PEI to Kauai for $650 return but it's only for end of Nov/start of December, which is stupid cheap.

Hoping in a few months similar prices are available for when we want to go.

Senor Eduardo_82
(Post Master Supreme)
07/25/17 09:51 AM

Any Victoria or Vancouver peeps up in this thread? Looking for some help planning a weekend trip in September.

Moof
(Post Master Supreme)
07/25/17 11:42 AM

PM amg_sir if you want to plan something.

**DONOTDELETE**
()
07/25/17 12:08 PM

I just spent a week on van island so I can prob recommend some shiz, otherwise there's victoria sir and amg sir on here who are locals.

Senor Eduardo_82
(Post Master Supreme)
07/25/17 01:00 PM

I'll make a thread in OT if no one is around here.

HondaBilly
(Post Master Sr)
07/25/17 06:28 PM

I don't think that anyone from Van posts in here.

**DONOTDELETE**
()
07/26/17 08:03 AM

eddie is making his way around Western Canada, must be scoping out where to live....or what's the best way of bringing in illegal immigrants.....

I vote the latter.

HondaBilly
(Post Master Sr)
07/26/17 01:33 PM

It definitely sounds more likely.

HondaBilly
(Post Master Sr)
07/26/17 01:34 PM

We should call him eddie_coyote

Senor Eduardo_82
(Post Master Supreme)
07/27/17 07:32 AM

To be fair I was in Halifax two weeks ago and will be in Ottawa next weekend.

Business opportunities everywhere!?

**DONOTDELETE**
()
07/27/17 08:30 AM

I thought I felt a disturbance in the force....shoulda strolled over to PEI and holla'd.

"Business opportunities" aka importing illegal miatas

Make sure you get a selfie with Trudeau next weekend

Senor Eduardo_82
(Post Master Supreme)
07/27/17 09:48 AM

I hate that goddamned ferry.

**DONOTDELETE**
()
07/27/17 10:41 AM

Confederation bridge bruhhhh

It's just 50 bucks to get off the island over it

Should be free for residents imo but of course nothings free.

If you're going to Vic you can take a super fast boat/ferry that drops you off right in Vic harbour. Otherwise there's the actual ferry which you want to reserve in advance if you can, if you're taking a vehicle anyway, otherwise there's the walk on which is pretty cheap but will need a ride once you get off.

Senor Eduardo_82
(Post Master Supreme)
07/27/17 11:00 AM

The plan is to fly into Victoria on Saturday morning, hang with friends and stay the night, then get on a boat to Vancouver Sunday morning, dinner downtown Sunday night, and fly back Monday afternoon.

Looks like the boat from Swartz Bay to Tsawwassen is the only way? Won't have a car on the Vancouver side so I still have to figure out how to get from there ferry terminal to downtown Vancouver. From there we can cab/bus around and to the airport.

**DONOTDELETE**
()
07/27/17 11:19 AM

yeah if you're coming from Vic it's the only way, runs 18 bucks per person for walk on ticket cost and the ride is about 1.5 hours, an hour 45 at the most. Otherwise you'd have to go up to Nanaimo and catch a ferry there but that's a bit of a drive.

Or there's the new V2V ride on the empress which takes you from downtown vic to vancouver but it's pricier starting at $129 a person and takes like 3.5 hours. google it for more details, V2V empress is the boat.

Not sure about how to get to downtown Van from there as I haven't had to deal with that without having a car.

**DONOTDELETE**
()
07/27/17 11:31 AM

My buddy says you have to take a bus then a train to get from ferry to airport or downtown van. Takes an hour or more.

**DONOTDELETE**
()
08/08/17 01:32 PM

Almost mid August...fuuuuuuuuuuu. Hoping that summer rolls deep into September, dare to dream.

HondaBilly
(Post Master Sr)
08/11/17 11:39 AM

After 3 years, my old condo has finally sold. Huge loss, but there are no fucks given. Best $80k I'll ever spend. We would have lost more than that in the time it would take to pay it off. I've never felt so emotionally relieved and drained at the same time.

**DONOTDELETE**
()
08/14/17 02:13 PM

holy shit that just sold? yowza. congrats on the sale haha, that's nuts it too 3 years to sell!

HondaBilly
(Post Master Sr)
08/14/17 06:10 PM

Yeah. The condo market is brutal. When we re-upped the sale contract there were over 1500 condos for sale in Edmonton. It's been a great few days. I can't stop smiling.

Smash
(Post Master Supreme)
08/15/17 10:00 PM

**DONOTDELETE**
()
08/23/17 10:59 AM

mmm yum yum

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/franchisee-violates-food-safety-regulations-1.4250469

Smash
(Post Master Supreme)
09/02/17 10:07 AM

I heard earlier that it was the Carls Jr in Red Deer this happend at. Like 2 or 3 weeks ago.

Im so sketched out eating at these chain restaurants that are being run by people from 3rd world countries. I refuse to eat at the subway here in FSJ now. 1 of the subs i order all i get is pickles and lettuces, well upon biteing into it, it also had onions and peppers and a couple black olives if this level of cross contamination is happening in the front what the hell is going on in the back.

Moof
(Post Master Supreme)
09/06/17 03:37 PM

I'm getting tired of this smoke. I haven't been able to see the mountains for over a month now \:\/

On the plus side, my wildfire "tour" is in 2 weeks so I'll be heading to cache creek or 100 mile house to do roving patrols and checkpoints. Easy cash at the expense of my personal health.

HondaBilly
(Post Master Sr)
09/07/17 07:29 AM

Werd. I was in Fairmont for a wedding all weekend. It feels like I smoked 10 packs of smokes. I can't imagine how everyone that lives there feels.

**DONOTDELETE**
()
09/07/17 09:03 AM

Know what's awesome? Having your gf's grandmother stay with you for over a week

HondaBilly
(Post Master Sr)
09/08/17 07:48 AM

Ugh. At least your house is big enough you might be able to avoid for a bit.

**DONOTDELETE**
()
09/08/17 08:30 AM

Yeah I've been locking myself in my office...

She's nice but 10 days is too long, hard to juggle entertaining someone while you have to work and find things to do for a 75 year old.

That's life

HondaBilly
(Post Master Sr)
09/19/17 11:26 AM

Wifey and I are going to be balling out of control for birthday dinner tonight. Famoso for pizza and a beer. Woo!

**DONOTDELETE**
()
09/19/17 02:11 PM

mmm yum and yum. How old are you now? 50? 60?

Heard you guys might be getting snow? fuuuuuuuuuuu!

HondaBilly
(Post Master Sr)
09/20/17 07:31 AM

Only 38. Some morning I feel 50 though.

We are getting snow as I type this west of the city. It snowed most of yesterday though. Nothing sticking yet. It's supposed to be nice next week though. 13-18 degrees and sunny all week.

**DONOTDELETE**
()
09/20/17 09:40 AM

Not bad not bad, it's been lingering around 20 here for a while now but it's turning into fall pretty quick, leaves are starting to change.

Got some wood to chop...

https://imgur.com/34vTUAM

HondaBilly
(Post Master Sr)
09/20/17 12:09 PM

Oh shit. That has bad memories from my childhood written all over it. We had a wood stove when I was growing up. Twice a year my Dad would wake me up @ 5am on a Saturday/Sunday and we would drive to my Uncles and split enough wood to fill a grain truck, bring it home and stack it for the winter.

**DONOTDELETE**
()
09/20/17 02:12 PM

hahaha yeah on par with my childhood, would spend a chunk of every summer piling wood in my parents barn as all we had was a wood stove for winters.

We got an oil furnace, heat pump and a wood boiler along with a small wood stove on the main floor. got 5 cord of soft wood and 3 hard, wood won't be our main source but still wanted some for general use and in case the power goes out for any extended amount of time...as it tends to do here.

Put a good chunk in her, just gotta start splitting and piling....woooo....

https://imgur.com/UyUw9FD

Helmer86
(Post Master)
09/20/17 02:56 PM

That looks just terrible lol

#islandlife

**DONOTDELETE**
()
09/21/17 09:24 AM

old skool. no natural gas life haha.

It's not so bad, gives you something to do. I got my dads splitter so you just gotta put the chunk of wood on it and pull a level to have the splitter push through, way better than splitting it all by axe...

Helmer86
(Post Master)
09/21/17 02:26 PM

Oh well at least thats quick.

I thought you were chain sawing it or something

The city life has made me soft

**DONOTDELETE**
()
09/21/17 03:23 PM

oh yeah we're using a chainsaw for blocking it then using the splitter. It's a bit of work but not too bad really.

When you guys come to visit I'll make sure to have my wood ordered so we can do it together ;\)

HondaBilly
(Post Master Sr)
09/22/17 07:51 AM

Lucky! A splitter would have been awesome. I was the axe man while my dad used the chainsaw.

Of course back when I was a teen I don't think splitters were around.

**DONOTDELETE**
()
09/25/17 08:02 AM

Getting old sucks, hangovers shouldn't carry over days

HondaBilly
(Post Master Sr)
09/26/17 07:41 AM

No they shouldn't. It's forced Old Man Boulet to limit himself to 4 beer or 6 rums when drinking.

New Years was rough this year. Drank too much and was feeling not well for almost a week. Old age is the worst.

**DONOTDELETE**
()
09/27/17 08:42 AM

Moof has been MIA for quite a while....must be busy dumping the bodies of dead homeless people out in the bush. He told me he wanted to clean up the streets but I think he took it too literal.

Moof
(Post Master Supreme)
09/27/17 03:02 PM

I'm still around. Just trying to catch up on my work, and renovate my entire condo so it has a better chance of selling next summer

**DONOTDELETE**
()
09/29/17 08:43 AM

ahh I see, good stuff. Things slowing down now after summer?

Moof
(Post Master Supreme)
09/29/17 10:49 AM

Yes, finally. It's been a hectic summer. All I have left on my list now is to install some ceiling fans in the bedroom and paint the condo. I recently finished upgrading all the furniture, changing out all wall sconces, upgrading all ceiling fixtures, and just a few days ago I hung new blinds.

Had to work a bunch of OT to buy the furniture. Lol my couch cost more than most cars I've owned

On another note, had a staffing interview yesterday to discuss transferring back to Manitoba next summer. Figure I'll snag a traffic section while the s/o can work the beat in Selkirk or Oakbank.

Senor Eduardo_82
(Post Master Supreme)
09/30/17 06:59 AM

Selkirk?

I spent a month there one week.

Never again.

Moof
(Post Master Supreme)
10/01/17 02:14 PM

Lol my reaction is the same. I'll never live there; we will most likely end up buying in Stonewall or Bousejour and commute the 20k. Stonewall is at the top of the list for sure.

So why would we go here? WELL...

Winnipeg is 15 minutes away (airport, Costco, IKEA, auto services, etc)
Cheap everything (houses, property tax, insurance, food)
The interlake area is beautiful
25 minutes from Grand Beach where i can help take care of my aging relatives (both over 70)
Unparalleled fishing
Hunting isn't too bad either
Big plots of land (riding mower!)

~Work reasons
Short staffed; unlimited overtime
Better chance of promotion for both of us
Better chance of getting into specific sections (surveillance, Warrant Task Force, relief)
Slower pace; more time for proactive projects
Not having to live in a town we police

In the grand scheme of things, it's a stepping stone on the eventual path to Ottawa.

**DONOTDELETE**
()
10/01/17 04:54 PM

Dipping your pen in company ink eh

Ottawa eh

Eh eh

**DONOTDELETE**
()
10/03/17 09:44 AM

Today is a great day, I finally got DSL.

7 mbps watch out! But I'm honestly stoked, no more data cap and 80 bucks cheaper a month.

Helmer86
(Post Master)
10/03/17 03:20 PM

What did you have before?

I just switched from Telus 50 to Shaw 150 as they just dropped their data cap limits, plus have a pretty good price for 2 years

**DONOTDELETE**
()
10/03/17 08:14 PM

I was using a cellular modem that had a monthly 100 GB cap... RIP

yeah I had that shaw 150 deal before I moved, cash money

c2k
(Post Master Supreme)
10/23/17 07:27 PM

TIL - there's a data cap on the internet out in the bumblefuck, Canada.

HondaBilly
(Post Master Sr)
10/24/17 07:30 AM

Good to know. Where is bumblefuck?

**DONOTDELETE**
()
10/24/17 11:33 AM

Where I live

To be fair I'm not that far out really, infrastructure on the entire island just sucks and is 10 years behind the rest of the country.

Moof
(Post Master Supreme)
11/26/17 09:26 AM

The west is dddeeeeaaaadddddd.

c2k
(Post Master Supreme)
11/27/17 05:05 AM

best better to join the ontario where all the actions are.

HondaBilly
(Post Master Sr)
11/29/17 11:23 AM

The west is dddeeeeaaaadddddd.

It's because all you fuckers left or are leaving.

**DONOTDELETE**
()
11/30/17 08:46 AM

I am in Alberta in spirit...

Will be back around the end of January

**DONOTDELETE**
()
12/08/17 09:37 AM

Doesn't feel like it's almost mid December. This year fucking flew by, way too fast, lots of shit went down so that'll do 'er.

Looking forward to the week of Christmas being quiet for work, didn't book any extra time off but just about everyone else on my team did so it'll be a ghost town...aka everyone will be offline and I won't be doing any work.

Moof
(Post Master Supreme)
12/08/17 03:28 PM

Doesn't feel like December because I'm still looking at a yard of grass..

Zigzag19
(Jr Member)
12/08/17 05:34 PM

I want 3 feet of snow and 30 below for christmas!!

Helmer86
(Post Master)
12/15/17 04:29 PM

rain today
everything so slippery

11 inches of ice on Sylvan even though its been crazy warm

hopefully ice fishing season soon, I saw a few trucks out there but I'm not willing to risk it yet

Moof
(Post Master Supreme)
12/16/17 04:55 PM

Awww yeah!

Christmas list.

**DONOTDELETE**
()
12/17/17 07:26 PM

So many valuable trustworthy sites, had to delete it so you guys didn't get all the deals before me

Moof
(Post Master Supreme)
12/18/17 04:29 PM

Selfish ass.

Smash
(Post Master Supreme)
12/31/17 12:10 AM

I want 3 feet of snow and 30 below for christmas!!

who the fuck invited this cunt

Zigzag19
(Jr Member)
12/31/17 02:04 PM

Haha!! Got my wish.

Moof
(Post Master Supreme)
12/31/17 02:30 PM

Well we got your wish over here, too.

3 weeks ago we had no snow and +6. Now there’s 2 feet and -24

Smash
(Post Master Supreme)
12/31/17 11:57 PM

i seen -32 in winnipeg, -40 with with wind the other day. Heard -39 in Thompson, -52 with wind lol

Zigzag19
(Jr Member)
01/24/18 05:10 PM

Where the fuck is everybody??

HondaBilly
(Post Master Sr)
01/24/18 05:51 PM

They all died and moved east.

**DONOTDELETE**
()
01/25/18 10:44 AM

I return to the 'berta on Saturday, holla atcha boi

Moof
(Post Master Supreme)
01/25/18 01:38 PM

Just got back from 10 days in Cancun.

Zigzag19
(Jr Member)
01/25/18 06:10 PM

Just got back from 10 days in Cancun.

Rough life, back to reality now...

**DONOTDELETE**
()
01/26/18 08:54 AM

Looks like I'll get a nice dose of -15 - -20 degree weather while I'm out west, lame sauce. Been a mild winter here so far on the isle of potatoes. Have seen more grass than snow.

How was Cancun Moof?

Moof
(Post Master Supreme)
01/26/18 02:14 PM

El Nińo sure had an effect on it. Apparently the week before I got there, the locals said it was +10. When I was there, we had mostly clouds but high humidity. On the last 3 days it was +35-39 with the humidity.

**DONOTDELETE**
()
01/27/18 06:41 AM

That's pretty toasty, good you got some nice temps for those days. I'd love a break from winter.

Instead I'm heading to colder weather. Well that is if I ever get off the island. Show up for my 6am flight and the plane won't start so got to send an hour waiting to be rebooked, have to spend 5 hours in Toronto now instead of 1. Air Canada is the best.

**DONOTDELETE**
()
01/27/18 09:16 PM

And they lost my bag

Moof
(Post Master Supreme)
01/28/18 12:02 PM

Yay Air Canada!

I’ve refused to fly with them since 2010.

**DONOTDELETE**
()
01/28/18 12:56 PM

I think this is the nail in the coffin for them for me. I travel pretty frequently and always fucked up delays, terrible customer service, this is the 4th time they've lost my bag.

They still haven't located it, we called the Charlottetown airport and they confirmed it went out so it's MIA in Toronto. Hope I get it back, has one of my flames jerseys, my sunglasses, a LTE cell modem and few other valuable items inside it

Zigzag19
(Jr Member)
01/28/18 05:11 PM

Wow lost. That sucks. I have them booked for LA in April. Kinda nervous now..lol

Moof
(Post Master Supreme)
01/30/18 09:45 AM

GNSP

Senor Eduardo_82
(Post Master Supreme)
02/01/18 12:33 PM

Should I go to Halifax, or Edmonton?

https://nextdeparture.ca/flight-deal/swo...ncluding-taxes/

HondaBilly
(Post Master Sr)
02/02/18 07:38 AM

Go to Halifax if you've never been. Way nicer than here.

**DONOTDELETE**
()
02/03/18 07:34 PM

Do you like refinerys? If so, go to Edmonton.

Do you like life? Go to Halifax.

Sorry lol.

Fuuuuuuuck this weather, drove down from red deer this morning, fucking terrible. Deerfoot was closed both directions today for like 5 hours, don't think that's happened before.

Senor Eduardo_82
(Post Master Supreme)
02/04/18 09:05 AM

Been to both. Edmonton means Jasper and hiking. Halifax means seafood and beaches.

Halifax won \:\)

**DONOTDELETE**
()
02/04/18 10:19 AM

When are you going?

Come play on my island

Senor Eduardo_82
(Post Master Supreme)
02/04/18 10:57 AM

June. If the weather is good a day trip to the island may be in the cards.

Stay tuned

Senor Eduardo_82
(Post Master Supreme)
02/13/18 07:01 AM

Looks like I'm going to Banff too \:\)

**DONOTDELETE**
()
02/13/18 09:42 AM

to see da unicorn?

Senor Eduardo_82
(Post Master Supreme)
02/13/18 01:06 PM

Gonna walk up and down some mountains.

Moof
(Post Master Supreme)
02/13/18 01:50 PM

Banff!

Head an extra hour west and come hang out in Radium Hot Springs.

Senor Eduardo_82
(Post Master Supreme)
02/13/18 03:00 PM

I did that last year. You chose to hang out at a beer fest instead of checking your PMs.

Fool me once.....

Moof
(Post Master Supreme)
02/13/18 10:22 PM

I’ll be around this time. I promise!

**DONOTDELETE**
()
02/14/18 11:37 AM

just send him a pm asking what dat mouf do? /duc

HondaBilly
(Post Master Sr)
02/28/18 09:44 AM

I got to do something I've always dreamed of last night. My hockey team got a chance to play a league game @ Rogers Place. What an experience. I'm still grinning like an idiot.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BfvtXfQBYz8/?hl=en

**DONOTDELETE**
()
02/28/18 08:03 PM

oh wow, that's super awesome, can only imagine how cool that would be to play on that ice...granted it's the oilers :p but that arena is beautiful

**DONOTDELETE**
()
03/05/18 12:58 PM

Did you survive Vegas, Moof?

Helmer86
(Post Master)
03/05/18 03:53 PM

Hopefully he's not stuck on the roof of Caesars

Zigzag19
(Jr Member)
03/15/18 03:01 PM

Fuck this snow!!!!!!!!!!

Smash
(Post Master Supreme)
04/03/18 06:20 PM

you bitches are boring

Smash
(Post Master Supreme)
04/05/18 08:29 PM

HondaBilly
(Post Master Sr)
04/06/18 07:32 AM

We're the only ones left Pynch, and I'm not much of a talker....

Smash
(Post Master Supreme)
04/06/18 01:20 PM

No we're not. Moof is here somewhere lurking, Lost is around. Zeds dead baby.

Moof
(Post Master Supreme)
04/06/18 01:45 PM

I’m always lurking.

Ok, maybe once a week or 2.

Senor Eduardo_82
(Post Master Supreme)
04/09/18 10:12 AM

I'll be in Banff again from May 23-27. Anyone wanna walk up some mountains?

Moof
(Post Master Supreme)
04/10/18 02:23 PM

As always, I’ll be an hour away if you want a beer in Radium

Smash
(Post Master Supreme)
04/18/18 05:18 PM

I hear its the 97th of January right now out there lol

Moof
(Post Master Supreme)
05/17/18 12:47 PM

Well, looks like Vegas has more of my money now. \:\/

The blackjack tables were unforgiving.

Zigzag19
(Jr Member)
05/22/18 04:25 PM

Fuck it. Time to medicate.

Senor Eduardo_82
(Post Master Supreme)
05/27/18 11:35 PM
Re: LF: 1 Gently used Moof

One day I'll meet the Moof......

Zigzag19
(Jr Member)
06/12/18 05:33 PM

Any big Canada day weekend plans?

HondaBilly
(Post Master Sr)
06/13/18 07:37 AM

My wife has to work all weekend, so I'll probably go to the mountains to bike.

You?

Zigzag19
(Jr Member)
06/13/18 09:12 AM

Going to take a few days and take my son fishing and camping. Hoping the weather is good.

Moof
(Post Master Supreme)
06/13/18 06:02 PM

Working a ton

Just finished a 16.5 hours shift (was supposed to be 10).

It’s only going to get worse.

Zigzag19
(Jr Member)
08/02/18 09:22 AM

Ahhh...long weekend and tenting and fishing and beer. What are you guys up to this weekend?

Moof
(Post Master Supreme)
08/02/18 11:40 AM

Work work and work.

Lots of OT shifts popping up because everyone’s on vacation. My plan is to work my ass off for the next few months, as I have a 5 week course coming up in November where I can shut my brain off.

HondaBilly
(Post Master Sr)
08/03/18 07:39 AM

Off to Victoria for a wedding on Saturday. Kayaking on Sunday and who knows what we'll do on Monday.

Zigzag19
(Jr Member)
08/10/18 09:08 AM

Getting real tired of the fucking smoke in the air along with the temperatures from hell.

HondaBilly
(Post Master Sr)
08/10/18 10:33 AM

Tomorrow it's supposed to cool off. It was also supposed to clear up today. I don't see it happening, but it did yesterday.

Moof
(Post Master Supreme)
08/11/18 09:35 AM

Getting real tired of the fucking smoke in the air along with the temperatures from hell.

My entire province is on fire. There’s a good one ~20km from me. It was +38 yesterday and I couldn’t even see the sun.

Zigzag19
(Jr Member)
08/13/18 09:41 AM

I heard 140 new fires were started by lightning on the weekend. So bad.

Zigzag19
(Jr Member)
08/28/18 05:35 PM

OK ladies. Don't be too exciting here. What are everyone's plans for the long weekend? Camping and fishing for me.

HondaBilly
(Post Master Sr)
08/29/18 07:50 AM

Head up to GP to see my parents. Hopefully get some downhill biking in at the ski hill. It's been over a month since my bikes have seen any riding. Stupid smoke.

Where are you going fishing?

Moof
(Post Master Supreme)
08/29/18 08:17 AM

Working, naturally. We’re short staffed so I’m picking up an extra shift a week.

Zigzag19
(Jr Member)
08/29/18 04:18 PM

Just gonna go fishing at Carsland. Taking my 9 year old son. should be fun.

HondaBilly
(Post Master Sr)
09/06/18 12:11 PM

How was fishing?

Moof
(Post Master Supreme)
09/09/18 06:21 PM

New milk I’m picking up on Tuesday.

Not the exact truck, but identical. (Midnight, black rims, duratracs).

2018 Z71 clackclackclack edition

HondaBilly
(Post Master Sr)
09/10/18 08:06 AM

Nice! Replacing the F150?

Moof
(Post Master Supreme)
09/10/18 12:28 PM

Yep!

Downsizing (physically) and wanted something better on fuel in the city.

HondaBilly
(Post Master Sr)
09/11/18 08:54 AM

Is that a Colorado?

Moof
(Post Master Supreme)
09/11/18 08:06 PM

Sure is.

Just got it home today. Red deer to Radium, 26.7mpg (8.8 l/100km)

HondaBilly
(Post Master Sr)
09/12/18 08:04 AM

That's better mileage than my WRX on the highway. I'm averaging around 9.3 on the highway and 11-11.5 in the city.

That is a really nice looking truck.

Moof
(Post Master Supreme)
09/12/18 08:01 PM

Already ordered parts for it

Ordered a pedal commander

Zigzag19
(Jr Member)
11/09/18 10:00 AM

Off to see the Glorious Sons tonight, VIP meet and greet, drinks, grub and a rockin good night!! Pretty stoked!

Zigzag19
(Jr Member)
11/09/18 10:00 AM

Nice truck Moof!

Moof
(Post Master Supreme)
11/09/18 12:09 PM

Thanks man. The mileage is just getting better and better on it.

I hope other companies follow suit and make some mini coal burners.

Smash
(Post Master Supreme)
12/26/18 10:11 AM

Merry Christmas you fuckers

cua0
(Post Master Supreme)
12/26/18 11:41 AM

merry christmas fellow humans

Smash
(Post Master Supreme)
01/13/19 10:02 PM

So how about that weather

HondaBilly
(Post Master Sr)
01/15/19 11:48 AM

It's too up and down for my liking. If it would just stay in the -10 to -15 range it would be ideal. With some snow sprinkled in there every 4-5 days.

Moof
(Post Master Supreme)
01/15/19 06:54 PM

It’s pretty good here in the Kootenays.

Moof
(Post Master Supreme)
01/15/19 06:56 PM

For those who don’t venture into OT very often; here’s me and “Teddy”

Might be moving to Ottawa in a few months to join the ride.

Zigzag19
(Jr Member)
01/18/19 08:28 AM

Who is the dude in the hat beside you?

Smash
(Post Master Supreme)
01/22/19 02:21 PM

Save a horse, ride a cowboy

Zigzag19
(Jr Member)
01/29/19 12:27 PM

Are we ever going to get winter in Calgary??!! WTF?? I want 40 below!!!

Senor Eduardo_82
(Post Master Supreme)
02/07/19 04:21 PM

Anyone seen Lost around?

HondaBilly
(Post Master Sr)
02/08/19 07:34 AM

Just on his instagram. He always posts pics of his cute pup.

Smash
(Post Master Supreme)
02/12/19 04:02 PM

Are we ever going to get winter in Calgary??!! WTF?? I want 40 below!!!

You got it. You happy now?

Moof
(Post Master Supreme)
03/26/19 04:18 PM

Hey guys....bad news.

Moving to Ottawa in May. My retirement in the west forum is pending \:\(

HondaBilly
(Post Master Sr)
03/28/19 08:07 AM

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Moof
(Post Master Supreme)
04/06/19 12:31 AM

Conditions came off my place today, and we bought a new-build just south of Ottawa. 17 shifts left of frontline policing. Hopefully forever.

Moof
(Post Master Supreme)
05/17/19 08:04 PM

*exits stage left*

HondaBilly
(Post Master Sr)
05/20/19 07:32 AM

Good luck in Ottawa Moof!

Zigzag19
(Jr Member)
08/06/19 08:13 AM

Been a long time since anyone posted here. How is everyone's summer? Any holidays yet? Guess we gotta go to the east for any updates from Moof.

HondaBilly
(Post Master Sr)
08/07/19 07:33 AM

The rain has absolutely killed my summer. I haven't been on my mountain bike in town since June? All the trails are super muddy. I've traveled for biking, but it's nice to just get on and go out the back door. Other than that, my lawn has never looked better.

I went to Kelowna and Waterton for a couple of weeks in June. It was nice. Spent way too much on wine in Kelowna. The weather was good. >30 every day. I'm missing it now.

How about you?

Zigzag19
(Jr Member)
08/08/19 09:38 AM

Not a bad summer, went to see the Stones concert in Ontario at the end of June, was also in Kelowna on the weekend of the 19th of July, just when the weather got nice there. I guess you guys have had your wettest summer in the last 40 years up there. Calgary has been lucky I guess. Heading to TO in Sept to catch the Yankees series. Here is to hoping August will be a nice month as far as weather is concerned.

**DONOTDELETE**
()
08/15/19 03:20 PM

oh hey

Zigzag19
(Jr Member)
08/15/19 06:45 PM

Hey Lost! How are things going on the east coast?

**DONOTDELETE**
()
08/16/19 08:21 AM

oh they're going. My house has been for sale for almost half a year now, will be moving back to Alberta if it ever sells.

HondaBilly
(Post Master Sr)
08/16/19 03:50 PM

Wut? Really? Where too? Calgary again?

**DONOTDELETE**
()
08/16/19 04:36 PM

Yeah we'll be heading back to Calgary once this place sells. Fuuuuuuck PEI.

Zigzag19
(Jr Member)
08/28/19 09:36 AM

We will be sure to get the white hats ready.

Zigzag19
(Jr Member)
09/20/19 12:12 PM

Any luck with the house sale Lost?

**DONOTDELETE**
()
09/27/19 10:31 AM

Sadly no, the selling experience has been pretty terrible which is due to a mix of PEI's real estate market being in a terrible spot but more so having a terrible realtor. So terrible to the extreme haha.

Threatened to give our realtor the boot, which is most likely still going to happen but we've had like 7 showings in the past week so really hoping that someone bites as we want to gtfo ASAP.

Although Alberta getting snow this weekend is something I don't want....but 'berta weather gon' berta

**DONOTDELETE**
()
11/05/19 03:12 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHHzIaNgy_U

HondaBilly
(Post Master Sr)
11/07/19 07:35 AM

**DONOTDELETE**
()
11/07/19 08:55 AM

Accurate gif is accurate

Zigzag19
(Jr Member)
11/09/19 11:01 AM

Right on!! Welcome home, lol. When are ya moving?

**DONOTDELETE**
()
11/11/19 12:38 PM

Thanks, was hoping to start the drive west today but packing and cleaning took too long so we're headed out early tomorrow morning.

Should be a fun drive

HondaBilly
(Post Master Sr)
11/13/19 08:08 AM

Safe travels dude.

**DONOTDELETE**
()
11/25/19 12:53 PM

Been back in the mother land for just over a week now and feelsgoodman

The drive fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucking sucked, to the fucking nines.

Snow storm rolled through Quebec so we left a day late, then we only made it to Edmundston on our first day of driving, should have only taken 5 hours or so to get there but it took 8...rain turned to freezing rain for 2 hours, the roads were insane-o bad, then turned to heavy snow covered roads as the edge of the storm was rolling through this area.

Just sketchy as fuck driving in general let alone with a 3000 lb trailer on the back of my truck. Once we made it into Quebec the next day the roads were pretty good, made it to North Bay, ON that day.

From North Bay onwards was probably just as bad if not worse than our first day, northern Ontario is hilly/mountain driving non stop, just heavy up and down steep declines which again with a trailer giving you extra weight flying down a 7 degree decline is pretty awesome. Toss in curves, truckers who don't give a fuck about you and will drive like maniacs up or downhill, needing to be in 4x4 most of the time and then some night time driving, it was fucked lol.

These were the roads for that day - https://i.imgur.com/XAk1RJm.jpg?1

We made it to Wawa and called it a night as night time driving made everything worse and if anything went wrong, you'd be fucked.

From Wawa it was bad for 1-2 hours up until around Thunder Bay and then the roads were great, actually dry and could actually do the speed limit or 10 over. Made it to Winnipeg that day.

Last day we thought we'd be in the clear as the roads were supposed to be good...que highway 1 being a parking lot for hours black ice around Portage la Prairie caused a ton of accidents, I counted 13 semi's in the ditches, all smashed up, loads everywhere, 1 trucks cab was like 50 feet ahead of the truck itself...I don't think the driver lived. We sat on highway 1 for 2 hours before they let us through. I have no clue how the roads got that bad, not sure why no one was out salting.

From there onwards it was pretty easy driving, flat, boring but welcomed as most of the trip was white knuckle driving.

In conclusion, never drive across Canada during winter.

Feels great to be back in Alberta though, only been a short time and somewhat surreal as we have to keep in mind we aren't going back to PEI. Just feels good to be back in civilization.

Have a house lined up here, just finalizing the financing/home inspection this week and should be good to go, just gotta wait til closing.

HondaBilly
(Post Master Sr)
11/26/19 07:59 AM

Glad to have you back! Shitty time of year to be moving though. That highway pic was very reminiscent of driving from Hinton to Grande Prairie through Grande Cache. With the same type of driver too. Hope the house works out for you! Whereabouts in Calgary are you?

There is a new Gluten Free brewery in Calgary now. I know this doesn't appeal because gluten free, but the beer is excellent. They have a nice little tap room in NE Calgary. It's called Heathen. It's all Viking based names of beer. Their sour is divine.

HondaBilly
(Post Master Sr)
11/26/19 08:05 AM

Also, depending on how you vote, the province is either in disarray or doing fantastic.

Zigzag19
(Jr Member)
11/26/19 09:39 AM

Very good drive update. Looks pretty shitty to do that as you did. Glad to have you back in Alberta. Welcome home.

**DONOTDELETE**
()
11/26/19 11:14 AM

Thanks guys, very happy to be back...and will be staying here lol.

We bought in Chaparral so SE, just off 22x. Was ideally looking to move back to Shawnessy but couldn't find a home that ticked all the boxes for what we were looking for.

Gluten free beer eh? I'm not about GF at all but I do loves me beer so I'll check it out if I'm around or find it in store. It's actually nuts how many microbreweries have popped up since we moved east, like a crazy amount in less than 3 years.

Yeahhhhhh I read the posts on beyond.ca and the Calgary subreddit, I'm quite content to be back in the land of Conservatives. Apparently most folks can't comprehend a different elected party slashing the former parties policies and budgets haha.

PEI is extremely liberal and backwards, talking to people about politics I would just have to bite my tongue and scream in my head lol.

Economy is pretty blah here but that helped us out with buying a new home, and both the womans and my job are safe thankfully so we're just carrying on as normal.

Smash
(Post Master Supreme)
12/16/19 09:02 AM

Just down the road from me, im in Legacy these days. Good to have ya back!

Smash
(Post Master Supreme)
02/18/20 05:34 PM

This support group kicks ass!

Zigzag19
(Jr Member)
03/18/20 03:10 PM

Stay safe friends!! Stock up on lots of weed and beer! Oh yah, and some food too.

Smash
(Post Master Supreme)
03/24/20 05:12 PM

look at you upto 350 post wooooo

cua0
(Post Master Supreme)
05/13/20 07:31 PM

yarb!

HondaBilly
(Post Master Sr)
05/14/20 12:57 PM

Hi Brent! How's things?

cua0
(Post Master Supreme)
08/24/20 02:01 PM

Not too bad, covid-tastic and all that, happy to be going back to work soon. I forgot I posted in here. How about you what's new?

HondaBilly
(Post Master Sr)
08/25/20 01:39 PM

Not much happening here. I was one of the lucky "Essential Workers" that got to keep working so that's a positive. My house is for sale, but so far no takers. 2 bedroom homes are not in high demand or in demand at all.

Smash
(Post Master Supreme)
08/26/20 05:04 PM

My truck was stolen last night

Smash
(Post Master Supreme)
08/30/20 11:55 AM

I also smashed my phone \:\(

HondaBilly
(Post Master Sr)
08/31/20 01:14 PM

Damn. That sucks. Honestly though, I hope they don't find your truck so it gets payed out. My dad's truck got stolen and they found it, but it took forever for insurance to fix it and get it back to him. It still doesn't run the same, and it smells so bad in the cab.

Smash
(Post Master Supreme)
08/31/20 07:15 PM

yeah they found it today. Waiting for it to be fingerprinted. Hopefully he did enough damage to write it off. What do I need 60%?

HondaBilly
(Post Master Sr)
09/01/20 02:46 PM

I think so? Fingers crossed!

Smash
(Post Master Supreme)
09/01/20 04:23 PM

that could be tough, all depends on what they appraise the truck for i guess eh. I dont think you could buy my truck with the options for less than 35 right now.

Smash
(Post Master Supreme)
10/02/20 11:03 AM

Well the truck is total loss. They offered me $29,000 for it, I think that considerably lower than market value. Thats what I would have go on trade in for christ sake. I think a fair price for the truck is around the 35 marks. They can still be found for 40.

Anyone have any experience with a total loss? Am I stuck taking what they're telling me I get? This is all new to me.

HondaBilly
(Post Master Sr)
10/02/20 12:56 PM

Only once, but they gave me $3500 for a truck I paid $1000 for. Sorry man.

Smash
(Post Master Supreme)
10/04/20 08:47 AM

AHHAHAAHA! Well good for you dude, nice score! I talked with the adjuster on Friday. He was fairly certain that because of the amount of effort and research his colleagues had done that 29k was a reasonable price. I started mentioning Kelly Blue Book and the guy says "We dont like to use KBB because who know when that price was updated. We like to use something more current, like Auto-Trader. He then offers to look it up with me over the phone, both of us have the web page open. 1st price he comes up with "it say your truck is worth 30-38... an average of 34" Yeah dude 5k more than you've offered me. Oh uh.... well you know the price you bought it for is part of the equation. How the hell does the price I paid matter with what its worth today? Er...uuuhhh.. yeah I can see they've got some of the wrong options here, I'm going to send it back for reappraisal.

Thats where I sit now. I'll take anything over 34, still owe 18 on the truck, paid 47 with interest, I've had 3 year.

Looking at replacing it with a Durango R/T, Cadillac XT-5 or something similar.

Zigzag19
(Jr Member)
10/08/20 05:06 PM

Originally Posted By: Smash
AHHAHAAHA! Well good for you dude, nice score! I talked with the adjuster on Friday. He was fairly certain that because of the amount of effort and research his colleagues had done that 29k was a reasonable price. I started mentioning Kelly Blue Book and the guy says "We dont like to use KBB because who know when that price was updated. We like to use something more current, like Auto-Trader. He then offers to look it up with me over the phone, both of us have the web page open. 1st price he comes up with "it say your truck is worth 30-38... an average of 34" Yeah dude 5k more than you've offered me. Oh uh.... well you know the price you bought it for is part of the equation. How the hell does the price I paid matter with what its worth today? Er...uuuhhh.. yeah I can see they've got some of the wrong options here, I'm going to send it back for reappraisal.

Thats where I sit now. I'll take anything over 34, still owe 18 on the truck, paid 47 with interest, I've had 3 year.

Looking at replacing it with a Corvette or something similar.

Fixed that for you.

Smash
(Post Master Supreme)
10/16/20 11:43 AM

Corvette or something similar.

Fixed that for you.

Eat a bag of dicks, just because I can drive a RWD sports car through a Calgary winter, doesnt mean I want to again

*Update* Insurance came back with a new offer of 38k and change, I accepted. With taxes and them buying out the rental brought me just over 40k all said and done.

HondaBilly
(Post Master Sr)
10/16/20 01:31 PM

Nice! Congrats!

Moof
(Post Master Supreme)
10/18/20 06:52 AM

40k will get you a nice RAV4 trd off-road.

Smash
(Post Master Supreme)
10/19/20 08:50 AM

40k will get you a nice RAV4 trd off-road.

still owe 18 on the truck bud. After the loan is paid off im hoping that ill have about 24k because I wont have to pay 2 more years of interest. Rav4 doesnt sound to bad actually, what I want to do though is buy a car hauler. Then 1. I have a way to move the firebird in the winter, 2. I wont need a storage locker any more and 3. If its large enough I can build myself a little work shop inside.

So now I'd like to have something able to tow in the 7000lbs range (car + trailer + other shit). Maybe if I can get myself into a vehicle that'll work for the next 5 years or so until I get a mortgage, plus the car carrier I think I'll be able to save enough monthly to finally do some wicked cool shit.

cua0
(Post Master Supreme)
10/19/20 01:52 PM

apparently overland modified honda elements are the new craptastic hotness?

Smash
(Post Master Supreme)
10/21/20 11:24 AM

Maybe I'll just put a hitch on an R34

Smash
(Post Master Supreme)
12/25/20 09:41 AM

Merry Christmas, ya filthy animals!