Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#9225921 - 01/06/18 03:12 PM Min wage increase
4Three Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Markham, ON, Canada
Who's actually in support of this and why?

#9226110 - 01/06/18 09:14 PM Re: Min wage increase [Re: 4Three]
Hatorade Offline
pheggit
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto, ON
Minimum wage increase is needed but at incremental periods, not a huge jump. $15/hr is way too fucking much for someone that is a cashier or flipping burgers.

Besides aren't minimum wage jobs suppose to be a transitional job? Ie students, new immigrants...

Like who goes out looking for a minimum wage job and says that's my career.

'07 997.1 GT3
'08 E90 M3
'11 E90 d
'02 Rota Grid - 195-55-16FR (RIP)
'04 Volk GTC - 245-35-19F/275-35-19R (Sold to a farm boi)
I thought Spark was a robot from the old movie and I kind of remember seeing him telling some engineer showing the equation for a clear metal that the guy would event years later - porschetr

#9226429 - 01/07/18 05:26 PM Re: Min wage increase [Re: Hatorade]
BroKe Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Markham, Ontario
I support it even though it will probably affect me negatively. It's tough out here. Cost of living is way too high right now and it's long over due. Sucks it's so sudden but when has our government done anything logical.
#9226457 - 01/07/18 06:27 PM Re: Min wage increase [Re: BroKe]
4Three Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Markham, ON, Canada
I get that cost of living is high. Shouldn't that be motivation not to be stuck in minimum wage jobs? Shouldn't the government focus on programs to maybe train people into jobs that pay better than minimum, and also change the tax structure for those at or near the bottom? Right now, the government is basically passing the responsibility over to businesses. Businesses have a pretty pure and simple objective to turn over as much profit as possible. Trying to mandate them to make less is silly. It's really no different than taxing the companies except this way, the companies' now have to look like the bad guy they don't don't agree with this tax.

That wage increase will shrink the gap between low and middle class. What's the motivation for the guy who used to feel special making $15/hp? We need a way to get those people out of those jobs instead of compensating them excessively.

#9226570 - 01/07/18 10:44 PM Re: Min wage increase [Re: 4Three]
Hatorade Offline
pheggit
Post Master Supreme

^spot on

That's the same convo I had with my wife. At the end of the day the only thing this is benefiting is the government. Now these minimum wage workers will pay more tax and companies will have to pay more as well on ei/cop and then the increase in goods and services means even more tax dollars.

'07 997.1 GT3
'08 E90 M3
'11 E90 d
I thought Spark was a robot from the old movie and I kind of remember seeing him telling some engineer showing the equation for a clear metal that the guy would event years later - porschetr

#9226613 - 01/08/18 04:33 AM Re: Min wage increase [Re: Hatorade]
Wildout Offline
Post Master Jr

It's needed, but it's a bait & switch. What's really needed is to reel in government overspending & holding them accountable to their greed. Give small businesses a tax break so there's more competition with the bigger corporations not the other way around.

The problem is between middle class & upper class, it needs to shrink back to something more realistic. Something attainable.

There needs to be something in there for seniors on a fixed income as well.

Basically just more transparency all around.

#9236057 - 01/22/18 02:13 AM Re: Min wage increase [Re: Wildout]
Lafora Offline
Post Master Sr

the corporations are the ones who fund these fucks to power. look up political donations and do the math.

these mofos in office have no choice but to be sucking the corporations' dicks.

giving small businesses a tax break, LO fucking L.

#9236066 - 01/22/18 07:21 AM Re: Min wage increase [Re: Lafora]
Risky Business Offline
Provides a Great Work Environment. he/him
Post Master Supreme

Maybe I am really out of touch on this, but I am pretty indifferent. You can't expect the government to do anything right or to please everyone.

With that said we know people are struggling and cost of living is high, is the solution to raise minimum wage? Probably not, is it an optic play that gets a good chunk of the population under the impression that the government is looking out for them? Yep, guaranteeing that next vote most likely too.

Government intrusion to this level shouldn't be necessary and as mentioned earlier these "should" be transient jobs, so really we need incentives for jobs growth, not transient job wage increases.

None of this will matter soon enough anyway, machine learning, deep learning, etc will replace 50% of jobs in less than 10 years. Let's see what the government min wage will be then Billionaires in the states are already sh!tting their pants over potential riots and unrest, good thing in Canada we live in a culture of passivity (if it's not my problem I don't care) so as a collective we will just bend over and take it. It will be glorious.

#9236294 - 01/22/18 11:50 AM Re: Min wage increase [Re: Risky Business]
Mr.Bozack Offline
Sr Member

Loc: Ontario
Time to invest in robitics...although much late to the party.

Have you guys heard the Tim Hortons in Whitby have basically told the employees if they aren't happy with the increase in benefits costs and unpaid breaks that they can speak the Wynne?

I think this minimum wage increase is just a ploy to continue to make it difficult for people to get a ahead as everything will raise as a result and people will end up paying more taxes giving the government more to mispend.

Start looking at Bank stocks - as they are set up to win this year.

#9236721 - 01/22/18 06:00 PM Re: Min wage increase [Re: Mr.Bozack]
Hatorade Offline
pheggit
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: Mr.Bozack
Time to invest in robitics...although much late to the party.

Have you guys heard the Tim Hortons in Whitby have basically told the employees if they aren't happy with the increase in benefits costs and unpaid breaks that they can speak the Wynne?

I think this minimum wage increase is just a ploy to continue to make it difficult for people to get a ahead as everything will raise as a result and people will end up paying more taxes giving the government more to mispend.

Start looking at Bank stocks - as they are set up to win this year.

My thoughts exactly.

'07 997.1 GT3
'08 E90 M3
'11 E90 d

#9236818 - 01/22/18 08:17 PM Re: Min wage increase [Re: Hatorade]
phoenixrage Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: People's Republic of Ontario
honestly, its too high and disincentives the need for people to better themselves.

IMO, min wage is for entry level jobs / part time jobs for people to get their foot in the door or for some basic work experience, it should never be meant as a career.

What we really need (to target help to those at min wage jobs) are programs to help those in the lower income brackets jump industries (better training) if desired through expanded education subsidies (i.e. OSAP). We could definitely do a lot better at integrating former professionals (refugees/immigrants) by making it easier to transition their licenses/credentials to our standards.

Also, would be nice if OHIP covered way more.. i.e. basic dental stuff as well, or at least make these services that OHIP doesn't cover something we can deduct from our taxes (if you make a certain amount or lower).

Yes the problem is people not having enough in their pockets, but for once, lets look at ways to take less away from what they already make. i.e. reform auto insurance, lower cost of electricity, daycare.. etc.

Also, keep in mind, this only helps 9% of the working population, 91% of the workforce makes above minimum wage. Sure, that's not the entire picture since we also need to look at the rest of the pie, but this only points to a small piece of it. The government needs to help the rest of the workers instead of having the 91% of us pay for the 9%, and at the end of the day, high prices means more tax dollars for the government to piss away.

#9236887 - 01/22/18 09:31 PM Re: Min wage increase [Re: phoenixrage]
titty sprinkles Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto,Ontario
shit i wish i got a $3.60 raise and i'm a college graduate.

#9236934 - 01/22/18 10:43 PM Re: Min wage increase [Re: titty sprinkles]
The Postman Offline
A-List Member also The Man
Post Master Sr

Meh, Id rather see some single mom at Timmies make $15/hr then some union monkey make $25 to fill pot holes for the city.
#9236978 - 01/23/18 05:55 AM Re: Min wage increase [Re: The Postman]
phoenixrage Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: People's Republic of Ontario
i'd rather see that single mom get retrained and leave the timmies job for something better, and without the shift work so she can spend more time with her kids.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  c2k, LNXGUY, TheRealCSnapper, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads