Page 1 of 3 123>
Topic Options
#8762062 - 08/16/16 05:41 AM Vancouver’s real estate tax sparks backlash from Chinese buy
c2k Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Wiesloch-Walldorf, Germany
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/worl...rticle31404771/

#8762076 - 08/16/16 06:14 AM Re: Vancouver’s real estate tax sparks backlash from Chinese buy [Re: c2k]
porschetr Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: WBridge
Now all those Vancouver Chinese buyers will come here instead.

#8762078 - 08/16/16 06:15 AM Re: Vancouver’s real estate tax sparks backlash from [Re: porschetr]
Risky Business Offline
Provides a Great Work Environment. he/him
Post Master Supreme

Aren't Chinese super stuck up when it comes to this shit?

Like they will scoff at you if you go to Toronto from Van because you can't afford it, so you are therefore a peasant bottom feeding dirt peep?

It's like Chinese here, if you can't buy in Markham and go to Scarborough you are basically cut off

#8762090 - 08/16/16 06:38 AM Re: Vancouver’s real estate tax sparks backlash from [Re: Risky Business]
JEFFOS Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto
Good! It's the exact reason the tax was implemented. It's a problem right now driving up prices to rediculous levels so people that actually live here can't afford a home.

#8762098 - 08/16/16 07:13 AM Re: Vancouver’s real estate tax sparks backlash from [Re: JEFFOS]
Choco 'Nuck Offline
Proud Member of BLM
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Somewhere out there
So you are saying we should violate all the treaties that we have with other countries regarding equal treatment of investors? Treaties like NAFTA, and then put tax payers on the hook for settlement so that people in Vancouver can buy a cheaper house. Yeah, fuck that. If you can't afford Vancouver, move.

http://www.straight.com/news/746041/trad...-violates-nafta

#8762112 - 08/16/16 07:46 AM Re: Vancouver’s real estate tax sparks backlash from [Re: Choco 'Nuck]
Screamin Type ARGH! Offline
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

Loc: T.O. - Canaduh
cry me a riveeeeeerrrr

"Ban low performance drivers, not high performance cars"

#8762187 - 08/16/16 09:24 AM Re: Vancouver’s real estate tax sparks backlash from [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
hyper-s2k Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: T dot O dot, Canada
Not surprised. When someone has a way for a get rich quick scheme; the gov't will find a way to take their cut.

China will bitch but will still pay - Canada is a safe(r) haven to store their money than back home. They'll just eat this up as overhead / cost of doing business.
'03 s2k - now @ 80,xxx km - a2a car
'08 535i - sold @ 149,421 km - cashed out just in time!
'08 impreza 2.5i - sold @ - 64,147 km - smh POS
'01 rav4 - killed @ 155,879 km - RIP old friend

"Driving in the snow is like sex. If you want to avoid accidents, abstinence is the best policy. If you're gonna take her for a spin, use protection." - Rick Mercer

#8762233 - 08/16/16 09:48 AM Re: Vancouver’s real estate tax sparks backlash from [Re: hyper-s2k]
TheRealCSnapper Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto, Canada
sucks for the foreign nationals that are trying to settle here without an excessive amount of money
#8762242 - 08/16/16 09:51 AM Re: Vancouver’s real estate tax sparks backlash from [Re: Risky Business]
Just A Troll Offline
Curved Street Thug Life
Post Master

Originally Posted By: Risky Business

Like they will scoff at you if you go to Toronto from Van because you can't afford it, so you are therefore a peasant bottom feeding dirt peep?

It's like Chinese here, if you can't buy in Markham and go to Scarborough you are basically cut off

Right

So all those million dollar homes in the GTA being scooped up by Chinese are bottom feeding peasants.

They really don't give a shit about Vancouver vs. Toronto. So long as their investment is protected from the government, that they can launder their ill gotten gains and their investment is gaining value, they really don't care if its Toronto or Vancouver.

The only reason they favored Vancouver in the past had everything to do with Vancouver home prices increasing at a greater pace than anywhere else in North America. They'll just repeat the same scheme elsewhere. Next logical target: Toronto.

In fact, they're already starting! Bro in Law from Gaungzhou wants to move 3 mil out of China and he's been asking about this 15% tax in Vancouver. He's now asking us to start looking around for a $2 Mil property in the GTA. I'm getting a bit excited about it! He has no plans to move to Canada, just park his money here. Hopefully we can "house sit" this 2 mil place.

#8762268 - 08/16/16 10:10 AM Re: Vancouver’s real estate tax sparks backlash from [Re: Choco 'Nuck]
JEFFOS Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: Chocolate Canuck
So you are saying we should violate all the treaties that we have with other countries regarding equal treatment of investors? Treaties like NAFTA, and then put tax payers on the hook for settlement so that people in Vancouver can buy a cheaper house. Yeah, fuck that. If you can't afford Vancouver, move.

http://www.straight.com/news/746041/trad...-violates-nafta

Yes. Also I can afford Vancouver but I know that 90% can't. I'm more concerned with the rest of Canada.

#8762271 - 08/16/16 10:13 AM Re: Vancouver’s real estate tax sparks backlash from [Re: JEFFOS]
JEFFOS Offline
Post Master Supreme

FYI I'm in open houses every weekend and it's all Chinese (mostly investors a lot of agents not even with clients). If you're just a regular person buying a house for your family to live I don't care what you are. When you're an outside investor driving up these rediculous prices and "game" that's going on I do have a problem. Having said that I get why is happening and I don't blame those doing it but measures have to be taken to curb what's happening to the destruction of affordability in Canada as a whole.

I'm not even exaggerating at all 98% of everyone there is speaking Chinese. A little more than a coincidence.

Like I said I'm all for anyone buying and living if you're actually living here and contributing and being part of society.

#8762276 - 08/16/16 10:18 AM Re: Vancouver’s real estate tax sparks backlash from [Re: TheRealCSnapper]
JEFFOS Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: TheRealCSnapper
sucks for the foreign nationals that are trying to settle here without an excessive amount of money

It really is unfortunate - but what is happening here is even making it more unaffordable to them vs the tax. 10-20-30% annual increases in average selling price per year is much worse than a 1 time 15% tax.

#8762277 - 08/16/16 10:19 AM Re: Vancouver’s real estate tax sparks backlash from [Re: hyper-s2k]
xza8 Offline
Sr Member

According to my agents, it is already driving up Toronto housing
#8762313 - 08/16/16 10:45 AM Re: Vancouver’s real estate tax sparks backlash from [Re: Just A Troll]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: Just A Troll

Right

So all those million dollar homes in the GTA being scooped up by Chinese are bottom feeding peasants.

They really don't give a shit about Vancouver vs. Toronto. So long as their investment is protected from the government, that they can launder their ill gotten gains and their investment is gaining value, they really don't care if its Toronto or Vancouver.

The only reason they favored Vancouver in the past had everything to do with Vancouver home prices increasing at a greater pace than anywhere else in North America. They'll just repeat the same scheme elsewhere. Next logical target: Toronto.

In fact, they're already starting! Bro in Law from Gaungzhou wants to move 3 mil out of China and he's been asking about this 15% tax in Vancouver. He's now asking us to start looking around for a $2 Mil property in the GTA. I'm getting a bit excited about it! He has no plans to move to Canada, just park his money here. Hopefully we can "house sit" this 2 mil place.

so cool man, humblebrag some more!!!

#8762321 - 08/16/16 10:49 AM Re: Vancouver’s real estate tax sparks backlash from [Re: JEFFOS]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: JEFFOS
FYI I'm in open houses every weekend and it's all Chinese (mostly investors a lot of agents not even with clients). If you're just a regular person buying a house for your family to live I don't care what you are. When you're an outside investor driving up these rediculous prices and "game" that's going on I do have a problem. Having said that I get why is happening and I don't blame those doing it but measures have to be taken to curb what's happening to the destruction of affordability in Canada as a whole.

I'm not even exaggerating at all 98% of everyone there is speaking Chinese. A little more than a coincidence.

Like I said I'm all for anyone buying and living if you're actually living here and contributing and being part of society.

Is it even worth buying at this point? Unless you find some private sale deal I don't know

#8762330 - 08/16/16 10:52 AM Re: Vancouver’s real estate tax sparks backlash from [Re: Risky Business]
JEFFOS Offline
Post Master Supreme

Probably isn't to be honest but what can you do. Pretty funny these days a high income means you can own a normal decent house. Can't last forever unfortunately.

To be honest at what point do people just say F-it and move somewhere else where at least the weather is good and without all of the excessive taxing? Cali pricing without the weather.

#8762346 - 08/16/16 10:58 AM Re: Vancouver’s real estate tax sparks backlash from [Re: JEFFOS]
JEFFOS Offline
Post Master Supreme

Can you tell I'm passionate about this? Lol

#8762356 - 08/16/16 11:02 AM Re: Vancouver’s real estate tax sparks backlash from [Re: JEFFOS]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

Well if you are adamant about home ownership there are always condos, that's probably one not so overpriced option where you can get a 2 story (decently sized unit) for like 7ish in a good location?
#8762359 - 08/16/16 11:03 AM Re: Vancouver’s real estate tax sparks backlash from [Re: Risky Business]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

Or do the warehouse conversion thing I talked about before... \:D
#8762375 - 08/16/16 11:16 AM Re: Vancouver’s real estate tax sparks backlash from [Re: Risky Business]
Lost^
Unregistered

The Chinese have started to buy in Quebec, will buy a house, leave it vacant and just move to Vancouver.
#8762378 - 08/16/16 11:18 AM Re: Vancouver’s real estate tax sparks backlash from [Re: JEFFOS]
Post Master Supreme

It really is unfortunate - but what is happening here is even making it more unaffordable to them vs the tax. 10-20-30% annual increases in average selling price per year is much worse than a 1 time 15% tax.

on top of the increases, they're double fucked with the one time tax hit tho!

#8762380 - 08/16/16 11:19 AM Re: Vancouver’s real estate tax sparks backlash from [Re: ]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

That makes as much sense as c2k's posts, possibly more.
#8762407 - 08/16/16 11:28 AM Re: Vancouver’s real estate tax sparks backlash from [Re: Risky Business]
Post Master Supreme

That makes as much sense as c2k's posts, possibly more.

it may make sense if they just want to park their money outside of china to hide from the gov't and not concerned with growth.

#8762414 - 08/16/16 11:30 AM Re: Vancouver’s real estate tax sparks backlash from [Re: JEFFOS]
Post Master Supreme

Probably isn't to be honest but what can you do. Pretty funny these days a high income means you can own a normal decent house. Can't last forever unfortunately.

To be honest at what point do people just say F-it and move somewhere else where at least the weather is good and without all of the excessive taxing? Cali pricing without the weather.

cali pricing without the weather but we got teh jerbz!

given our fairly decent climate (seasons exist, but nothing shitty like earthquakes/tornadoes etc), cultural diversity, job opportunities, political stability etc...i'm surprised that housing is not MORE expensive...

#8762431 - 08/16/16 11:37 AM Re: Vancouver’s real estate tax sparks backlash from [Re: TheRealCSnapper]
JEFFOS Offline
Post Master Supreme

Our pay isn't in line with more expensive housing markets.

#8762442 - 08/16/16 11:41 AM Re: Vancouver’s real estate tax sparks backlash from [Re: TheRealCSnapper]
Senor Eduardo_82 Offline
miataist
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Ca�ada

given our fairly decent climate (seasons exist, but nothing shitty like earthquakes/tornadoes etc), cultural diversity, job opportunities, political stability etc...i'm surprised that housing is not MORE expensive...

Average sale prices in the GTA are up 3% since you finished typing that post.

#8762449 - 08/16/16 11:44 AM Re: Vancouver’s real estate tax sparks backlash from [Re: JEFFOS]
Choco 'Nuck Offline
Proud Member of BLM
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Somewhere out there
Obviously Jeff isn't speaking about himself ;\)
#8762502 - 08/16/16 12:18 PM Re: Vancouver’s real estate tax sparks backlash from [Re: Senor Eduardo_82]
JEFFOS Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: Not Dank

Average sale prices in the GTA are up 3% since you finished typing that post.

Wynne just added on a "Cali pricing mention" tax for saying that. Of course this tax has pst, hst and zht on it. (If you don't know what zht is then trust me we can't afford it)

#8762515 - 08/16/16 12:23 PM Re: Vancouver’s real estate tax sparks backlash from [Re: porschetr]
markw Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Not Toronto
 Originally Posted By: porschetr
Now all those Vancouver Chinese buyers will come here instead.

Funny enough, the last three homes sold on my street have been the highest prices for the street... one was 160k over, one was 140k over, and the other 125k over.

Also the first three Chinese buyers on the street..

#8762527 - 08/16/16 12:29 PM Re: Vancouver’s real estate tax sparks backlash from [Re: JEFFOS]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

This just in, Wynne introduced ZHT tax:

Monitoring CSI paid off

Oh, you make 500k a year? Sure you can have a little scarborough war home at a generous 650 sq. ft:

Millions to mark trasgender as a gender? Problem?

#8762529 - 08/16/16 12:31 PM Re: Vancouver’s real estate tax sparks backlash from [Re: Risky Business]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

Yes, yes little man, you must choose a gender in grade 1:

#8762532 - 08/16/16 12:33 PM Re: Vancouver’s real estate tax sparks backlash from [Re: Risky Business]
markw Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Not Toronto

#8762555 - 08/16/16 12:44 PM Re: Vancouver’s real estate tax sparks backlash from [Re: markw]
JEFFOS Offline
Post Master Supreme

Haha

#8762603 - 08/16/16 01:06 PM Re: Vancouver’s real estate tax sparks backlash from [Re: JEFFOS]
Post Master Supreme

Jeff, you better buy soon before this spills over to the GTA

Victoria can't be that attractive to the chinks

#8762648 - 08/16/16 01:26 PM Re: Vancouver’s real estate tax sparks backlash from [Re: TheRealCSnapper]
Screamin Type ARGH! Offline
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

Loc: T.O. - Canaduh
LMAO at wynn pics above.

bros $1.75 mil asking sells for $2.55 mil, such prestigious much richmond hill, vas triggered. L E L

(yes this happened, got the flyer last week to show the sale...the amt of those chinese agent flyers i get it becoming annoying as hell. yes i know you sold EVERY house for a bazillion over asking, now fuck off)

"Ban low performance drivers, not high performance cars"

Page 1 of 3 123>

Moderator:  c2k, LNXGUY, TheRealCSnapper, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads