welp did it today, cant decide if I'm stoked or dissapoint. Missed the 2:30 goal by a solid chunk, and my bike leg sucked. Run leg wasnt much better. I kinda un-corked the swim a little not sure if thats related to the strugglez on the day. Day before and day of the race I wasnt feeling super energetic, and I didnt taper even a little for the race.

results:
2:36:nn
24:low swim [11:mid first lap, I noticed the split and decided to back off 2nd lap]: 3:low improvement
T1: 3:mid, only :30s slower than last year and it included a wetsuit swap this time
1:15:nn bike, :1:00 faster than last year. But I'm on a TT bike and disc cover rear this time, and wasn't sick. Very disappointed in this split. Sigh.
2:low T2 [: same as last year/push]
50:mid run, 2:00 faster than last year. I noticed my 2:30:00 goal was out the window right around lap 2 on the bike, so I decided I wasn't going to be killing myself today

5-ish mins faster than last year is an OK improvement but kind of a push. I guess I'm happy about being 3rd out of the water in my wave, but the rest was kinda meh. I just noticed my power was fading throughout the bike course. First lap I easily held on to a 1:08--1:09 bike split goal, and then was only a little under that lap 2, lap 3 and lap 4 I significantly slowed---wondering what that was all about. I guess it just wasnt my day. Maybe a sleep/nutrition/feeding on the bike thing. Maybe I swam a bit too fast. I'm kind of at a loss.

Got some work to do to figure out the bike leg I guess. I think I have some dangling bike fit issues to work through. My seat came loose again after lap 1 which sucks because then I have to use my arms to force myself back on the seat to balance it and cant just simply crank so power drops. Man that would suck if that was my whole problem the entire time... I'm struggling to push myself back on the seat to keep it ~flat [balances on a bolt/hinge], that bolt came just a little loose [grr should have locktite'd it].

Anyways got another oly tri in 2 weeks. I'll have the seat perfect for that one at least loctite