Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#6967814 - 03/22/13 01:14 PM So this is why Obama Sucks (yes, right forum)
NOT spotch... Offline
Post Master Supreme

Why the fuck don't we get pictures like THIS these days?

Visit Sponsors! Help CSi !
#6967845 - 03/22/13 01:26 PM Re: So this is why Obama Sucks (yes, right forum) [Re: NOT spotch...]
Sir Salty A F Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Utah

#6967849 - 03/22/13 01:28 PM Re: So this is why Obama Sucks (yes, right forum) [Re: Sir Salty A F]
Sir Salty A F Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Utah

#6967925 - 03/22/13 01:59 PM Re: So this is why Obama Sucks (yes, right forum) [Re: NOT spotch...]
chef Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: The OC
Just have to look in the right places. Pete Souza is fuckin' awesome.
I'm not finding the particular albums that I've admired before, but here's a compilation http://lightbox.time.com/2012/10/08/pete-souza-portrait-of-a-presidency/#5
http://www.flickr.com/photos/whitehouse/7592319076/
this is supposed to be really good too. http://www.pbs.org/programs/presidents-photographer/
souza is a favorite on the project52 boards and discussed frequently
http://www.flickr.com/photos/whitehouse/7224781582/
http://movies.netflix.com/WiMovie/The_President_s_Photographer/70154114?trkid=2361637

Edited by chef (03/22/13 02:12 PM)
Order my photo prints (New files uploaded)

#6968287 - 03/22/13 04:49 PM Re: So this is why Obama Sucks (yes, right forum) [Re: NOT spotch...]
ewraven Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Dept. of Ruminant Procurement
Cool pictures of LBJ.

I've got a funny story about LBJ. My Step Father's Mother was a student at Southwest Texas State University(now known as Texas State) in San Marcos at the same time as LBJ. She died in 1999, but was quite a Wild person and had a lot of attitude. Anyway, LBJ worked at the University as a Janitor at the time. She knew him. He asked her out on a date at one point. She told him to his face NO and told him it was because he was a Janitor!!! LOL

#6968296 - 03/22/13 04:56 PM Re: So this is why Obama Sucks (yes, right forum) [Re: ewraven]
NOT spotch... Offline
Post Master Supreme

Holy shit, that's fucking crazy dude! You should see if she's mentioned in Robert Caro's awesome LBJ books, he spent a lot of time going over his college days. She's not the only person that turned him down with the idea that he wouldn't ever amount to much lol.

#6968459 - 03/22/13 07:01 PM Re: So this is why Obama Sucks (yes, right forum) [Re: NOT spotch...]
chef Offline
Post Master Supreme

I love his intensity in the pics

#6968491 - 03/22/13 07:26 PM Re: So this is why Obama Sucks (yes, right forum) [Re: chef]
NOT spotch... Offline
Post Master Supreme

Yeah. So many flaws, but unsurpassed (as far as I can tell) at getting what he wanted person-to-person communication. He was *very* well known for walking around and doing that thing where he leaned into people, sometimes even grabbing their lapels or putting his arm around them (not necessarily warmly either lol).

#6969641 - 03/24/13 12:30 AM Re: So this is why Obama Sucks (yes, right forum) [Re: NOT spotch...]
ewraven Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Dept. of Ruminant Procurement
 Originally Posted By: spotch
Holy shit, that's fucking crazy dude! You should see if she's mentioned in Robert Caro's awesome LBJ books, he spent a lot of time going over his college days. She's not the only person that turned him down with the idea that he wouldn't ever amount to much lol.

That's pretty cool. I've never heard of that author. Thanks for the info.

#6969868 - 03/24/13 11:16 AM Re: So this is why Obama Sucks (yes, right forum) [Re: chef]
240sx805 Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: CA
 Quote:
this is supposed to be really good too. http://www.pbs.org/programs/presidents-photographer/
Yeah it was decent, seems like a semi-shitty job though, basically becomes your life

#6970153 - 03/24/13 02:53 PM Re: So this is why Obama Sucks (yes, right forum) [Re: 240sx805]
NOT spotch... Offline
Post Master Supreme

Yeah... the flip side is that (at least for most of us) it would be a life of doing what you love. I guess what I'm saying is that giving up your life for a job stinks, but at least you'd be giving it up for something you'd love to do all day every day (and most of us do for free in our free time anyway lol)

#6970832 - 03/24/13 10:40 PM Re: So this is why Obama Sucks (yes, right forum) [Re: NOT spotch...]
240sx805 Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: CA
 Originally Posted By: spotch
Yeah... the flip side is that (at least for most of us) it would be a life of doing what you love. I guess what I'm saying is that giving up your life for a job stinks, but at least you'd be giving it up for something you'd love to do all day every day (and most of us do for free in our free time anyway lol)

Not worth the lost family time though. I bet it gets boring as shit shooting the same guy for 4 years.

#6970856 - 03/24/13 11:14 PM Re: So this is why Obama Sucks (yes, right forum) [Re: 240sx805]
Voltron Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Not Found
I was introduced to the guy who was Clinton's photographer during his 8 years, at my cousins' restaurant grand opening. Didn't get to speak with him too much because he was with his family and eating. He seemed pretty high strung though. I had his info somewhere, should get in touch with him. I would love to see some of the outtakes or pics he hadn't published.

This is the guy: http://www.ralphphoto.com/#/

Edited by crimson773 (03/24/13 11:15 PM)

#6987424 - 04/02/13 11:37 AM Re: So this is why Obama Sucks (yes, right forum) [Re: Voltron]
chef Offline
Post Master Supreme

some more on being a white house photographer
http://www.petapixel.com/2013/04/01/hear...e-photographer/
http://www.petapixel.com/2013/04/01/photographer-offers-front-row-seat-to-george-w-bushs-presidency/

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  jsmonet, x, 2000SiRacer, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads