Page 1 of 2 12>
Topic Options
#6229053 - 03/22/12 06:54 PM Anyone use a pre workout...?
DieZel Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: 18th green
What's the deal with all these...? Is this kind of a new segment in the market... I don't remember all this crap 5-6 years ago when I was doing this... I think the NO2 stuff kinda started then, but i never really got into it...

any science or benefit behind any of these things now...? I typically train in a fasted state and wondered if i could get a non stimulant boost from something...

#6229100 - 03/22/12 07:34 PM Re: Anyone use a pre workout...? [Re: DieZel]
Sir Ironpool Offline
Sponsored by Toyota
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Long Beach, CA
I like the Gatorade PreFuel before races.

#6229103 - 03/22/12 07:38 PM Re: Anyone use a pre workout...? [Re: DieZel]
bluesubie81 Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: NJ (near Philly)
A lot of people here don't like them. I have taken NO Explode (years ago), jack3d and C4.

NO Explode: What I remember of it is that is was good, great energy and my issue was I could not fall asleep for hours with this. I would take it 3pm ish and still feel wired at 1-2am

jack3d: was good, most flavors taste like shit, insane energy, good focus, didn't fatigue easily, eventually started giving me migranes

C4: love it, great taste, great energy, next to no fatigue while working out

The reason I have taken preworkouts is I do a lot of driving for work and after a 2-3 drive home a kick in the ass before going to the gym goes a long way for me.

#6229404 - 03/22/12 09:58 PM Re: Anyone use a pre workout...? [Re: bluesubie81]
Silock Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Jayhawk Country
No evidence that they work. Even if they make you feel more alert or pumped or focused, there's no evidence that any of that actually leads to a better or more effective workout.
#6229549 - 03/22/12 11:10 PM Re: Anyone use a pre workout...? [Re: Silock]
bluesubie81 Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: NJ (near Philly)
Well for me, I log every workout I do. The difference I have seen for normal workout versus preworkout workout is my weights decrease as my workout progresses faster without a preworkout. When i take a preworkout I don't fatigue as fast and feel better throughouty workout.

#6229602 - 03/22/12 11:45 PM Re: Anyone use a pre workout...? [Re: bluesubie81]
DieZel Offline
Post Master Supreme

i'd be more interested in the muscle building ability of these things... if you can lift more weight more intensely shouldn't that lead to more gains...?

of course i'm not interested in some bullshit side effects either...

#6229902 - 03/23/12 06:56 AM Re: Anyone use a pre workout...? [Re: DieZel]
Silock Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Jayhawk Country
Yes, it should, and that's how creatine works, but again, there's no hard science backing up any of the claims.

Use it if you want, though. It certainly doesn't hinder gains, but most of those supp's ability to increase a workload is because 99% of them have creatine, which is what is driving the gains.

#6230029 - 03/23/12 08:45 AM Re: Anyone use a pre workout...? [Re: ]
Lost^
Unregistered

Used to use jack3d for a long time but use Assault now. Feels like it's a cleaner pre-workout, does give me an extra edge or amount of energy due to the caffeine but each scoop has 5g of creatine in it as well which is nice. jack3d has some stimulants in it which provide the extra umph for after a while it was not as effective and for whatever reason that shit wreaked havoc on drying out my lips.

Your body will build up an immunity to pre-workouts over time where you won't get the same kick as you did earlier. To which it's time to take a break or switch to a different product for a while.

#6230132 - 03/23/12 09:41 AM Re: Anyone use a pre workout...? [Re: ]
DieZel Offline
Post Master Supreme

well i'm already using mono so i'll just stick with that at this point...
#6231533 - 03/23/12 07:23 PM Re: Anyone use a pre workout...? [Re: DieZel]
FireInTheWhole Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Port Orange, FL
I take a caffeine pill right before I leave the house for a workout currently, but years and years ago I used NoXplode. It was actually pretty nice, but I you get used to it really quickly and then it gets really expensive. I would start with 2 scoops, and then you need 3 to see the same results. I think the vast majority of supplements are pure junk, but I swear I got a more energetic workout and more of a pump to my muscles and trust me, I am a huge sceptic of this kind of thing so it was not placebo effect. In fact I probably had a negative placebo effect at the beginning.

BUT, is it worth the $$? Fuck no.

Protein, creatine, lots of water.

#6231730 - 03/23/12 09:19 PM Re: Anyone use a pre workout...? [Re: FireInTheWhole]
137 Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Newsomville, CA
no explode is like xenedrine when it didn't suck but on roids. then you pee out of your ass before, during, or after your workout

#6231837 - 03/23/12 10:16 PM Re: Anyone use a pre workout...? [Re: 137]
Impulsive Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Edmonton
No Xtreme for Home?

#6232444 - 03/24/12 11:44 AM Re: Anyone use a pre workout...? [Re: DieZel]
Epic Medic Offline
Post Master Supreme

Jack3d
This gives me pump,focus/energy to want to workout.

Assault
Gives me focus and endurance... Not as good as jack3d IMO.

When I'm cycling off... I don't feel like working out without the supplements.

#6723666 - 11/19/12 02:16 PM Re: Anyone use a pre workout...? [Re: Epic Medic]
DieZel Offline
Post Master Supreme

I've been using a few different pre workouts now for the better part of 6 months...

at this point i'm sold, and i think cycling them makes a difference...

Totalis is my go to PWO - only stim is the 200mg caffeine
Craze / Hemavol stack is great for leg days, as it gets me pretty amped up, but no crash, and just feel like I can keep going when the workout is done

i tried some others that jsut didn't "do it" for me... Jac3ed wasn't all that great for me... I think the 1,3DM is not for me...

One thing is i don't really get a pump in the gym, and that may be cause I train fasted, but i haven't been doing a whole lot of reps, although my set volume has been pretty heavy... on my new program I am hitting some higher reps which is leading to a little more of a pump...

I do go off all PWO's on deload weeks, and I can really tell that week, that I am getting some preceived benefits from them...

#6724306 - 11/19/12 07:12 PM Re: Anyone use a pre workout...? [Re: DieZel]
gamby Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: RI
Funny OP should ask. I'm likely going to try No Xplode for next years time trial season. I have to do some research first.

<--"doping" for a casual club race.

still have an EM1--go figure

#6724399 - 11/19/12 07:57 PM Re: Anyone use a pre workout...? [Re: gamby]
Puck Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Baltimore, MD
NO Xplode for me. Definitely gives me more energy, not sure I'm convinced it does anything else.

#6726660 - 11/20/12 06:11 PM Re: Anyone use a pre workout...? [Re: Puck]
Arma Offline
Post Master

Loc: South Cali
I heard people rave about Crazed so I literally just ordered it along with Gold Standard Whey. I tired Jack3d back in the day and it did nothing for me.

GNC guy gave me a sample of some other brand a workout booster and that shit was insane. It made me focused and amped to work out but it made me fucking itch all over and sweat bullets just from standing in one place lol.

#6726732 - 11/20/12 07:01 PM Re: Anyone use a pre workout...? [Re: Arma]
DieZel Offline
Post Master Supreme

The itch was likely from beta alanine... BA is best consumed like creatine... Use it daily to get long term benefits... Those tingles / itchiness dissipate after extended use or they finish anyhow... Unless of course you're super sensitive to it then you'll likely get that itch every time...
#6727501 - 11/21/12 08:29 AM Re: Anyone use a pre workout...? [Re: DieZel]
justthetip8.5 Offline
:P the (*)
Post Master Supreme

Loc: EST. 1999
line of coke for me.

LIFTSTRONG

#6728799 - 11/21/12 07:17 PM Re: Anyone use a pre workout...? [Re: gamby]
dirtyS13drifta
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: g@mby
Funny OP should ask. I'm likely going to try No Xplode for next years time trial season. I have to do some research first.

Caffeine has been shown to help with cardio efforts fwiw.
Don't know what's in "no xplode".

#6732709 - 11/25/12 04:22 PM Re: Anyone use a pre workout...? [Re: ]
2.2RoadRunner Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Seattle
Caffeine ftw.

I used to use Arnge Crush a few years ago but couldn't find it anymore so I switched to caffeine. If your body can handle it its definitely the way to go. 200-300mg 30 mins before each workout (start at 200, I don't go above 300) and you'll be killing it soon.

Listen to my sets -
http://soundcloud.com/brian-falls

#6732986 - 11/25/12 07:06 PM Re: Anyone use a pre workout...? [Re: ]
gamby Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: RI
 Originally Posted By: dirtyS13drifta
 Originally Posted By: g@mby

Caffeine has been shown to help with cardio efforts fwiw.
Don't know what's in "no xplode".

I usually down a 5 hour energy before a time trial. There's this psychological thing where I always feel sleepy before riding one. I'm just looking to experiment with something else.

still have an EM1--go figure

#6733080 - 11/25/12 08:23 PM Re: Anyone use a pre workout...? [Re: gamby]
ElementBabe Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: EST
lol @ taking something called jack3d. "i read about it on the internet"
#6735951 - 11/27/12 09:05 AM Re: Anyone use a pre workout...? [Re: DieZel]
normaspirated Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Nevada
I've tried too many pre workouts within the past 10 years. The most CONSISTENT working supplements that works/has worked for me are creatine mono (creapure) and ephedrine/caffeine (Ripped fuel, pre ephedra ban. Now Bronkaid/200mg caffeine pill). All the other stuff (NoXplode, Craze, Jack3d, Jack3d micro, Hemavol) are too inconsistent at working for me, for the most part.
#6736677 - 11/27/12 01:47 PM Re: Anyone use a pre workout...? [Re: normaspirated]
DieZel Offline
Post Master Supreme

creatine gives no accute effects so the effect you received benefit from was the ephedrine / caffeine...

Hemavol is just a pump product from what I have seen and needs to be stacked with some other stimulant based product if you're looking for that energy buzz... I hace stacked Craze with it and liked the results...

NoXplode is basically BS from my gatherings, as with any other arginine based PWO... you can take citrulline malate and get much better results than arginine alone...

#6736878 - 11/27/12 03:13 PM Re: Anyone use a pre workout...? [Re: DieZel]
normaspirated Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Nevada
I meant the semi long term effects on creatine with saturation/loading etc.

I tried the famous craze/hemavol stack. Unfortunately, I'm one of the few who didn't really feel the pronounced god-mode effects. Got the loss of appetite and dry mouth side effects, though. I had a better workout with jack3d micro, albeit with 3 scoops.

Gonna try the og jack3d with hemavol stack just cause. Otherwise, it's back to adderall and a non stim no2 product.

#6742360 - 11/29/12 06:10 PM Re: Anyone use a pre workout...? [Re: normaspirated]
caspersvapors Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: CA Bay Area
3 scoops? holy shit man, I dont think Id ever go over one scoop on any of this shit.

are you guys taking this on a mostly empty stomach? Thats really the only time I notice a difference

#6742781 - 11/29/12 10:49 PM Re: Anyone use a pre workout...? [Re: caspersvapors]
DieZel Offline
Post Master Supreme

I train fasted so yeah I am...
#6742799 - 11/29/12 11:00 PM Re: Anyone use a pre workout...? [Re: DieZel]
Sir Ironpool Offline
Sponsored by Toyota
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Long Beach, CA
Diet Coke every damn day. \:D

#6743443 - 11/30/12 10:10 AM Re: Anyone use a pre workout...? [Re: Sir Ironpool]
lunchbox Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Detroit
This is my experience with pre-workout sups:

I don't know what it is, but that shit gave me boners.

#6748687 - 12/03/12 11:39 AM Re: Anyone use a pre workout...? [Re: lunchbox]
glutton Offline
Post Master

Loc: Richmond, VA
I have tried literally almost all of the pre's on the market and I mostly agree with bluesubie81. I am currently taking an NDS nutrition PMD stack of Pump Fuel Insanity and ACG3 for pre-workout. I don't recommend this right away because it might make your heart blowup, but my body has grown immune to most pre's(including noxplode). Just try some out, see how they make your feel during/post workout, and record. If it doesn't work, fuck it, try another.

#6748951 - 12/03/12 12:57 PM Re: Anyone use a pre workout...? [Re: Silock]
Euphoricuck Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Canadistan
 Originally Posted By: Silock
No evidence that they work. Even if they make you feel more alert or pumped or focused, there's no evidence that any of that actually leads to a better or more effective workout.
the only evidence out there is that they make your wallet lighter ;\)

#6751441 - 12/04/12 01:10 PM Re: Anyone use a pre workout...? [Re: Euphoricuck]
Ares Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Atlanta Ga
caffeine will give you a kick all by itself.

how long that lasts before you get a tolerance (if you don't already have one) is another matter.

Then theres the simple possibility of a placebo effect, which is worth every penny these products cost if it convinces you that you can lift 1 more rep where you otherwise might have given up.

#6760055 - 12/09/12 10:16 AM Re: Anyone use a pre workout...? [Re: Ares]
cacasesi Offline
Say my name!
Post Master Supreme

While not a true pre-workout like others mentioned, I have used and like Amino Energy. It's far more mild than most, affordable, provides good results, and gives a little boost on a day I feel like a slug.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/opt/essential-amino-energy.html

#6843358 - 01/19/13 07:45 AM Re: Anyone use a pre workout...? [Re: cacasesi]
wolfsburg2 Offline
Post Master Supreme

I'm a supp whore. I've tried just about all of these preworkouts (exaggeration!)

I like to get a mix of taste, price and profile. So many preworkouts are $1 per serving. Fack that.

I just picked up a BOGO offer from bodybuilding.ckm on infinite labs juggernaut. 120 servings costs $30ish. That's what's up

shock therapy is a great price option, so is controlled labs white flood (though it doesn't have creatine in it).

musclepharm assault is awesome but very pricey. Superpump250 is solid but pricey, same for noxplode.

I prefer a preworkout with creatine, for cost and simplicity. Otherwise I'm adding creating myself to the pre or my pwo shake.

Page 1 of 2 12>

Moderator:  Silock, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads