Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#51665 - 07/26/04 02:36 AM Invention by Korbach...a more technical explanation
Solid_Ride Offline
Jr Poster

In response to some questions as to how tieing to the bumper beam works, I wrote up a little more technical explanation. You can read it on the stickied posting :"Invention by Korbach...." in the Skid Pad forum

Here's the link... http://forums.clubsi.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB14&Number=4374641&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1&vc=1&PHPSESSID=

Thanks

David Lawson
Korbach Performance
"Building the Perfect Ride"

Visit Sponsors! Help CSi !
#51666 - 07/26/04 05:46 AM Re: Invention by Korbach...a more technical explanation
SiRacer Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Phoenix, AZ
I look forward to slapping my car back on the road for some hard core twisties soon to give these a try for myself...
#51667 - 07/26/04 06:22 AM Re: Invention by Korbach...a more technical explanation
AvidSi Offline
Post Master Jr

Loc: Ohio
David -

Looks like a great product. With all the stiffening of the frame, wouldn't it eventually bend the frame after lots of use with all the stress it endures?

I mean, what are the disadvantages of having this, if any?

SiRacer (Jason) - I thought you were parting out and selling your car?

#51668 - 07/26/04 10:36 AM Re: Invention by Korbach...a more technical explanation
SiToeKnee Offline
Major Member

Loc: Irvine, CA
Quote:

I look forward to slapping my car back on the road for some hard core twisties soon to give these a try for myself...

Same here. I'm very excited and can't wait to feel the difference in my car when my set comes this week.

#51669 - 07/26/04 02:49 PM Re: Invention by Korbach...a more technical explanation
SiRacer Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Phoenix, AZ
Quote:

I'm parting out the engine and supercharger for now. The performance suspension will remain while I drive the car for at least a few more months until I decide I can afford an STi or not. If not, i guess i'll keep saving until I can. If so, the next person to own my car will have one bad ass handling car!

#51670 - 07/30/04 02:32 AM Re: Invention by Korbach...a more technical explanation
Solid_Ride Offline
Jr Poster

Quote:

David -

Looks like a great product. With all the stiffening of the frame, wouldn't it eventually bend the frame after lots of use with all the stress it endures?

I mean, what are the disadvantages of having this, if any?

Sorry for the sluggish response. Responding to all the postings here and other web sites is a full time job. Especially with the Honda Tech boys.

The suspension beats up on the chassis. So in general, stiffening the chassis is good. Yomuppet has 10,000 miles on his Frame Locks and not visible wear. We're basically improving the joint stiffness of something that is already there. This is not like adding thicker sway bars where the mounting collars break.

The funny and unique thing is that it improves ride and handling. Actually makes it more dampened. People think that stiffening the body will make it ride hard, but what it does is makes the suspension do all the work like it is supposed to.

Only way to tell is to get in one and ride a set of Frame Locks. It is very easy to activate and deactivate. We basically remove the fascia, loosen a few bolts, duct tape them so they don't rattle loose. We'll be demoing this in the California North Meets South annual BBQ on Aug 7th. Hope to get 30 - 50 people in them. We'll have them post their short reviews too. We're trying to set up a mini slalom course.

Hopefully between Honda Tuning magazine, 2 moderators from Clubsi, SIRacer (founder of Clubsi) and over 40 clubsi members that people will believe us enough to try our product...risk free. If people don't like them, we'll give them all their money back. That's the plan. I hope it works.

David

#51671 - 07/30/04 02:49 AM Re: Invention by Korbach...a more technical explanation
AvidSi Offline
Post Master Jr

Loc: Ohio
Sounds great. Thanks for a detailed response.
#51672 - 08/12/04 01:52 AM Re: Invention by Korbach...a more technical explanation
Ziggles Offline
Jr Member

Loc: Santa Barbara, CA
Quote:

Sorry for the sluggish response. Responding to all the postings here and other web sites is a full time job. Especially with the Honda Tech boys.

lol yeah, no kidding. cruzersi really started a frenzy over on the h-t boards, when he brought up the legitimacy of your frame locks. lol, well....only time i guess will prove your product, good luck.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  SiAdam, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads