Page 1 of 3 123>
Topic Options
#51067 - 07/16/04 10:49 AM New invention by Körbach wants Drivers to test product
Jimmmmmmah!!! Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Southern Cali
There's a new company that has been designing a product that significantly improved the ride quality and handling of the 99-00 Si. Now some of you might have heard about and some of you might not, but let's just say that once these were installed, they were the best suspension upgrade I've had since my Comptech Sway/Tiebar combo. The only thing was that the ones I have on my car were a few of the first prototypes that they designed and engineered.

Alright guys, here's the deal. They are now going nationwide with this shortly, but for the time being they looking for some more people who own a 96-2000 Civic, and who would be willing to test out the the product before it is released to the public. I've enclosed the email I've received from them. If you're interested, you can check them out at http://www.Korbachperformance.com. Thanks!!

Quote:

Jimmy,,

If you know some driving enthusiasts interested in our test marketing our invention, please pass this along......

Here's the deal:
• Be among the very first in the world to evaluate a new invention…the FRAME LOCKS by Körbach Performance.
• What do they do?...Dramatically improves BOTH the ride and handling of the car.
• Honda Tuning magazine will be writing an extremely positive 4 page article on it in September. Here’s what Bob Hernandez (Managing Editor) is going to say. “…….it was like night and day. In fact rarely do we encounter an aftermarket handling product that delivers what it claims so immediately. ……Primarily the Civics felt abundantly more solid over all conditions….. We found that especially on roundabout freeway onramps the vehicles were undaunted by lateral acceleration….”
• 12 out of 12 Clubsi members surveyed were floored by the improvement in performance.
• For participating as a “Körbach Tester”, you will get the part below cost at $ 70. Regular price is $ 245. If you don’t like them, mail them back and we will give you an immediate full refund. Your obligation is to answer a few questions (20 minutes) about the product and the install.
• Next step: Go to http://www.korbachperformance.com and read more. Go to the Home page and click on to “Be a Körbach Tester” and apply. Takes 3 minutes
• Who are we going to select? Only a small handful of people. We will favor those that are active and credible people in websites, car meets, racing etc. We will also favor those that can install or pay to install to their cars within 1-2 weeks.
• If you don’t want to be a “Körbach Tester” you can go to the web site and register for a future discount when Körbach Performance is ready to sell.
• This is no hype. This is a break through invention developed by hard core automotive engineers. It works.

Thanks

David Lawson
Körbach Performance
“Building the Perfect Ride”

FYI: This is not spam as they are an advertiser for ClubSi as well

- Jimmy

Jimmmmmmmah's Install Garage

Videos
#51068 - 07/16/04 11:20 AM Re: New invention by Körbach wants Drivers to test product
jsmonet Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: So. Cali
I've driven jimmy's car. it's definitely a big improvement. Hell, several of us in so cal have beat on his car since he's gotten the frame locks and we all dug it.

My only wonder now is if they can come up with something similar to put on my wrx

what it did for me:
flatter cornering
tightened the feel of the car immensely
made the steering much more responsive. It took me throwing his car into a hard turn over cobblestone-like surfaces to unsettle the steering a slight amount-and i do mean slight.

I haven't enjoyed driving a civic in a couple years, but jimmy's impressed me. I could actually enjoy daily driving a car that solid.

I think that a lot of people will need to understand that this is one of those pieces you get because you feel something's missing. you have the coilovers, you have the sways, you've swapped out your tires for better rubber, but something's still nagging. I think that the frame locks and a good set of urethane steering rack bushings would just finish off the car perfectly.

#51069 - 07/16/04 11:23 AM Re: New invention by Körbach wants Drivers to test product
SiToeKnee Offline
Major Member

Loc: Irvine, CA
Bump for Frame Locks.

I've driven Jimmy's car before and after the frame locks were installed and it made a world of a difference. The car feels totally different. Handling is enhanced, and the price of the product is a steal to the consumer for the amount of performance gains you recieve.

#51070 - 07/16/04 12:27 PM Re: New invention by Körbach wants Drivers to test product
FBP Warrior Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Central Coast, CA

#51071 - 07/16/04 01:41 PM Re: New invention by Körbach wants Drivers to test product
Runnin@Redline Jr Moderator Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Midwest Eh?
im in 99 ex, but same as si

#51072 - 07/16/04 02:13 PM Re: New invention by Körbach wants Drivers to test product
Solid_Ride Offline
Jr Poster

Hello Clubsi members!

First, you have a fantastic club and the launch of our new product could not have occurred without the help of the Northern California members.

A couple of points of clarifications:

1) We plan on introducing Frame Locks for all tuner cars. Currently, we are test marketing for the 1996 - 2000 Civics (not just 1999-2000 as previously stated). If you have a different car, you can register for a future discount by going to our web site.

2) For selected Korbach Testers, the Frame Locks will be made available for $ 70. The way it works is that if you are selected, you will first need to make a payment of $ 150 plus shipping. Once it has been installed to your car, you will need to email me a photo of your car with the Frame Locks and we will immediately send you a check for $ 80. We do this because if we just took a $ 70 payment, there is a strong possibility that some people will take the Frame Locks and not install it in time or not participate in the survey. We had something similar happen to us on another club. So it boils down to whether you would trust our company to mail you back the $ 80. I think the person (Jimmy a long time die hard member) that posted this will confirm that our company is legitimate and reputable. We have a great product and want to maintain a good reputation for the long haul. You will also see other Clubsi members reviews posted here later and I would help that would boost our reputation. I apologize for arranging the payments this way, but other wise we'd have too many request to get a $ 245 part for $ 70 and we will have a difficult time managing the test marketing. I hope you understand.

We have a powerful invention here and the true credibility will come when Honda Tuning magazine prints the very positive 4 page article in the September issue. Once that credibility is solidified, we will have to hold firm on our price. The $ 70 cost of the price is a bargain. We are doing this low price because we are not well known yet and we are getting valuable marketing feed back. If you don't feel comfortable participating, we understand.

Thanks! We will be allowing members to test drive our products in California in an upcoming meet.

David Lawson
C.E.O
Korbach Performance
"Building the Perfect Ride"

#51073 - 07/16/04 03:08 PM Re: New invention by Körbach wants Drivers to test product
kickassSi Offline
Post Master

Loc: California
I am one of the Korbach beta testers. I am definitely a happy user and in awe of the performace improvement this product has made .

here's my review:

After the brackets were installed, both my passengers and I immediately noticed a change in the car's handling and ride quality. One of my passengers noticed the improvement and I didn’t even tell him I installed the Frame Locks before hand. I am truly amazed at the difference these brackets have made. During my mountain driving, the car felt rigid and solid. A great amount of flex was reduced in bank turns and there seemed to be less recovery time between turns from side to side. I even found myself going faster in my every-day driving.

#51074 - 07/16/04 03:20 PM Re: New invention by Körbach wants Drivers to test product
dunce11r Offline
chaturbate stalker
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Cali
i'll give a bump for Korbach... finally products that work.... none of this cheese on the market... and i vouch for Korbach
#51075 - 07/16/04 03:23 PM Re: New invention by Körbach wants Drivers to test product
m_soares Offline
Post Master Jr

Loc: Bay Area, CA
<---- Applied

#51076 - 07/16/04 03:32 PM Re: New invention by Körbach wants Drivers to test product
Jimmmmmmah!!! Offline
Post Master Sr

FYI, they will be at this year's ClubSi California North Meets South event to show off what the product does and will have 2 cars on hand for demo. If you're interested in driving one of these cars, please PM me.

-Jimmy

#51077 - 07/16/04 03:36 PM Re: New invention by Körbach wants Drivers to test product
FBP Warrior Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Central Coast, CA
i sent you 2, hehe. the first one did not have my cell phone number, the second one does.

#51078 - 07/16/04 03:43 PM Re: New invention by Körbach wants Drivers to test product
CivicRacerExR Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Landisville, PA, USA
As with any products there is a good side and bad side. Any bad sides to this? If you guys are claiming what it does it would work wonders for my autocross car.
Buy my Civic parts!

#51079 - 07/16/04 03:44 PM Re: New invention by Körbach wants Drivers to test product
Jimmmmmmah!!! Offline
Post Master Sr

Yes, it does work wonders for you autocrossing fanatics as you'll noticed the steering response is a little bit faster.

- Jimmy

#51080 - 07/16/04 04:28 PM Re: New invention by Körbach wants Drivers to test product
Solid_Ride Offline
Jr Poster

"As with any products there is a good side and bad side. Any bad sides to this? If you guys are claiming what it does it would work wonders for my autocross car. "

Great questions.

From a ride and handling stand point, there are no bad sides to it. The one thing that is very very unique about the FRAME LOCKS is that it actually improves both. Many products help handling, but hurts ride or vice versa. It does take some minumum skills to install it, but everyone so far says it's easy. You can always take it to a performance shop if you want. Check out the web site http://www.korbachperformance.com.

We offer it risk free. If you are not happy with it, return it and we will give an immediate refund. But it works.....very well. Read the testimonials on the web site. These are from actual Clubsi members.

For autocrossing. If you read the testimonials on the web site including the one from Bill Klein at Honda Tuning magazine you will see that it will improve handling. We demo'd a before and after ride to Bob Hernandez at the magazine by doing sharp 90 degree turns and the first time he experienced it.....he actually bursted out laughing because it made such a difference. He was totally shocked. I know these are big claims. If you have any reservations, wait until the magazine article hits in mid August or wait for your friends try it first hand.

Thanks so much for the interest!

David Lawson
C.E.O
Korbach Performance

#51081 - 07/16/04 06:28 PM Re: New invention by Körbach wants Drivers to test product
CivicRacerExR Offline
Post Master Sr

Not trying to be a jerk, hope you understand where I'm coming from. You'll see these products that say "GIVES 500HP to the wheels", "This thing is amazing" etc...

Any real numbers like before and after using a GTECH, skid pad or slalom? I believe numbers more than what he/she said they felt.
Buy my Civic parts!

#51082 - 07/16/04 08:08 PM Re: New invention by Körbach wants Drivers to test product
Herminator Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Fishville, Atlantis
Quote:

As with any products there is a good side and bad side. Any bad sides to this? If you guys are claiming what it does it would work wonders for my autocross car.

Im also one of the test beta testers. Me and Jimmy have alot of suspension upgrades on our cars already and with these little devils installed it made a huge difference. I thought putting on the comptech rear sway bar was a big upgrade in my suspension but when I installed these frame locks it made a quantum leap. And no it did not give my car 500 extra hp.

Here is my testimonial.

"To be honest, I was skeptical. But I personally installed the right side Frame Lock and found the process to be quite easy. Afterwards, we took a test drive and I immediately noticed an improvement in ride quality—within 100 feet after we left the garage. Cruising down the street, my car felt more solid, grounded and smoother. I couldn’t believe how comfortable my car felt driving over bumpy roads and changing lanes on the freeway. A few days later, I started to test the handling. Another bonus! Freeway on ramp cornering with the Frame Locks was 5-10 mph faster than without them. Truly fantastic. The Frame Locks seemed like the missing link in my other suspension upgrades. I would highly recommend them to anyone."

Herman Soriano

#51083 - 07/16/04 08:38 PM Re: New invention by Körbach wants Drivers to test product
dunce11r Offline
chaturbate stalker
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Cali
only bad side is if some stupid kid believes that stiffer springs is the best way to get better handling gets a hold of this product, and continues to use stiff ass springs... then realize taht his ride sucks and his chassis is getting weaker..... ppl need to learn, stiffer springs is not the ideal case.... maybe on nice glass-like surfaces of a maintained track, but on the roads, the best combo is softer springs (compared to aftermarket springs), better dampening, and bigger sway bars.

by having such a great product taht actually works in stiffening the chassis, the chassis no longer becomes part of the suspension, and the suspension pieces can actually begin to do all the work like theyre supposed to.

the only time you need stiff springs is when you drive a car with a REALLY weak chassis (like a mustang), and you wanna stiffen the springs so the chassis is now part of the suspension.... teh chassis IS the spring in that case....

#51084 - 07/16/04 08:58 PM Re: New invention by Körbach wants Drivers to test product
Solid_Ride Offline
Jr Poster

Not trying to be a jerk, hope you understand where I'm coming from. You'll see these products that say "GIVES 500HP to the wheels", "This thing is amazing" etc...

Any real numbers like before and after using a GTECH, skid pad or slalom? I believe numbers more than what he/she said they felt.

--------------------
Sponsored by: KAM Racing Sports, Falken Tires, Finish First Polish, Brady's High Performance, Taggart Performance Engineering, Honda-Acura.net, Hyperdecals.com
Autocross is: 90% driver, 5% car, & 5% CRAZY MOJO!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No offense taken. Very fair and intelligent question. We are working on getting some numbers. Numbers are good. Slalom times is more relevant than skid pad numbers. There have been a number of articles written on this. For example, it was reported in Car and Driver a few years back that a Corvette's skid pad #'s were better than the Porche 911. Yet the 911 smoked the vette in the slalom. In a skid pad, there is no shifting of weight like a slalom run. The slalom is more relevant just like the quarter mile is more relevant than a zero to 60.

We hope to get some numbers soon.

I will debate at length about emphasizing numbers and not the subjective ride. Our ride and handling engineers will tell you that the subjective ride will trump and trounce numbers every time at all the OEM's.

Every single one of our study candidates saw immediate improvements. In fact one of our candidates forgot to tell his girlfriend about the change. She rode in the car and immediately noticed the difference. Not to be sexist, but this was a non driving enthusiast sitting in the passenger seat.

Our product reviews are strong and from 12 long time Clubsi members. I hope that is credible. Honda Tuning is not easily impressed believe me. And they are coming out with a 4 page article that is extremely positive. When they review a product, they are sticking their necks out. Wait till the September issue to come out.

We'll be demonstrating before and after rides on the Frame Locks at the North South Cal meet on August 7th. Activating and deactivating the Frame Locks takes 5 minutes. It is like night and day difference. I encourage people to come out and take a test drive.

David Lawson
C.E.O
Korbach Performance

#51085 - 07/16/04 08:59 PM Re: New invention by Körbach wants Drivers to test product
Bjorn Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Minneapolis
Quote:

.... teh chassis IS the spring in that case....

sounds like my NX2000 - the chassis is a pretty effective tender spring...weak strut towers = camber gain

just signed up for product testing - if I get a set, I WILL track test them

#51086 - 07/16/04 09:20 PM Re: New invention by Körbach wants Drivers to test product
CivicRacerExR Offline
Post Master Sr

I look forward to your reviews & numbers. I'm in the market for something that will help the suspension since I'm an avid autocrosser. I'm also looking at Hyperco's Load Center perches to maximize mechanical grip.

Just a side note I was in this month's Honda Tuning August 2004
Buy my Civic parts!

#51087 - 07/17/04 12:16 AM Re: New invention by Körbach wants Drivers to test product
80s_Boy Offline
Major Member

Loc: SF Peninsula
OK, let me chime in on this one. I was involved from very beginning with this project. How early you ask? Well, the inventor posted on ClubSi about a year ago, saying he had this idea on how to strengthen the chassis of the Civic. I was curious, we got in touch, he gave me a copy of his resume with pages and pages of structure drawings he's been involved with while working for his previous employer etc.

My car was used as the Prototype Mule for this. The machine shop had my car for the better part of a week, as they fabricated the very first set of these.

Let me tell you, the first time I pulled the car out of a drive way, I felt a major difference in the car.

The following is something I wrote shortly after we took those first prototypes off my car...

"Driving to work this morning without the Frame Locks on my car really reminded me of what a difference the parts make in the ride of the car. The Civic isn’t a bad chassis, in fact it’s pretty damn good when compared to a lot of cars in this class. Adding the brackets really gives the front end of the car a “bigger” feel if you will. It feels more solid and planted on the road."

Sadly the Si was stolen last September (I know, shocking that an Si got ripped) So I have been unable to do much more testing for them. But I have been in touch and the level of professionalism the inventor and his Team have brought to this project continues to amaze me.

I'd be truly amazed if someone installed these and didn't like them.

Edited by Runnin@Redline Jr (07/20/04 10:07 PM)

#51088 - 07/17/04 01:52 AM Re: New invention by Körbach wants Drivers to test product
Relix Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: 640 acres of desert
Bust out with a picture or something, I would even consider buy/paying $70 for anything I didn't know what it looked like or didn't know exactly what it does...

1976 Fj55 landcruiser, 39" krawlers, front and rear lockers, on board air compressor , 16 speed transmission

1977 fj40 stock
1987 fj60 locked front and rear 33" tires

#51089 - 07/17/04 09:23 AM Re: New invention by Körbach wants Drivers to test product
Jimmmmmmah!!! Offline
Post Master Sr

If you checked the site, you'd see this.

http://korbachperformance.com/framelocks.htm

#51090 - 07/17/04 08:32 PM Re: New invention by Körbach wants Drivers to test product
CivicRacerExR Offline
Post Master Sr

Quote:

Bust out with a picture or something, I would even consider buy/paying $70 for anything I didn't know what it looked like or didn't know exactly what it does...

NOOB! Definitely don't send a product to him for testing
Buy my Civic parts!

#51091 - 07/17/04 08:35 PM Re: New invention by Körbach wants Drivers to test product
Relix Offline
Post Master Supreme

Quote:

Quote:

If the product works I wouldn't be asking for a test product, i would be buying it at full price! I'm all for people earning money for their hard work and good ideas...

1976 Fj55 landcruiser, 39" krawlers, front and rear lockers, on board air compressor , 16 speed transmission

1977 fj40 stock

#51092 - 07/17/04 11:40 PM Re: New invention by Körbach wants Drivers to test product
yomuppet Offline
Poster

Beta tester here... here was my review after trying the product for a week . At this point (7/17/04) I've actually had them on my car for approximately 10,000 miles and I would never go back to a Honda without this product.

“I've had these braces on my car for 7 days and about 700 miles. I started taking them for granted after the 2nd day. If you have stiffer springs or your car is lowered, you know the fear of an approaching bump in the road. It's even worse when you don't see the bump beforehand. *BAM* your whole car jerks, and the vibrations go straight into your kidneys. These Frame Locks go a long way toward fixing that problem, and righting the wrongs done to your ride quality when you upgraded your suspension. After you put these babies on, your days of swerving all over the road to avoid bumps will be over... or at least you'll save it for the really huge potholes. They really dampen down the front end, and make it feel like a solid unit. These Frame Locks really aren't an aftermarket upgrade, they're what was missing from your car before you put them on.”

#51093 - 07/18/04 04:51 AM Re: New invention by Körbach wants Drivers to test product
CivicRacerExR Offline
Post Master Sr

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

If the product works I wouldn't be asking for a test product, i would be buying it at full price! I'm all for people earning money for their hard work and good ideas...

Yeah but you asked for pictures, which means you didn't even read the link they posted in the first post
Buy my Civic parts!

#51094 - 07/18/04 11:39 AM Re: New invention by Körbach wants Drivers to test product
Relix Offline
Post Master Supreme

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Yeah but you asked for pictures, which means you didn't even read the link they posted in the first post

So that makes me a Noob?

1977 fj40 stock

#51095 - 07/18/04 12:02 PM Re: New invention by Körbach wants Drivers to test product
double0Si Offline
Post Master Jr

Loc: D/FW
I'm interested in trying out your product. Details of my set up are in the links in my sig, and I attend 4-6 national level events annually; with plans to attend more track/auto-X events this year..

Thanks

#51096 - 07/18/04 12:11 PM Re: New invention by Körbach wants Drivers to test product
Anonymous
Unregistered

Usually with products like this there is an increased risk of bending/tearing/breaking a vehicles frame. Does this product present a similar risk?
#51097 - 07/18/04 02:30 PM Re: New invention by Körbach wants Drivers to test product
jsmonet Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: So. Cali
Quote:

Usually with products like this there is an increased risk of bending/tearing/breaking a vehicles frame. Does this product present a similar risk?

i'm sure Solid Ride will answer this in more detail, but I know where you're coming from. usually something that stiffens up the car will break something. a thicker rear sway WILL tear subframe unless you take the proper precautioins.

oversimplification: this isn't like that. this braces and strengthens the chassis by making the front bumper and chassis into one solid piece. for something to go wrong you would need to get into a situation where you are taking a turn so hard that your bumper flies off

#51098 - 07/18/04 03:24 PM Re: New invention by Körbach wants Drivers to test product
yomuppet Offline
Poster

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

So that makes me a Noob?

Or just someone who doesn't pay attention, doesn't want to do the research and would rather ask questions that have already been answered, etc.

#51099 - 07/18/04 06:50 PM Re: New invention by Körbach wants Drivers to test product
Solid_Ride Offline
Jr Poster

Quote:

Very legitimate question.

Username Yomuppet has 10,000 miles on the Frame Locks and I have asked him to periodically look at the Frame Locks to confirm no signs of wear. So far so good.

Fundamentally, you can not go wrong by increasing joint stiffness in the chassis (body structure) of the car. Imagine a wooden chair with poorly designed joints. Maybe it is nailed together rather than a dove tail or tongue and groove joint. The resulting effect is a rickety chair. That is basically your chassis. Our Frame Locks improves the jointing. The force loading from the suspension exerted to the chassis will be the same and increasing the stffeness of the chassis actually makes it stronger. Thus making the chassis more durable. Look at the photo of how our part is attached and it should be fairly intuitive.

Sometimes modifying suspension components such as sway bars can cause some problems. A soft sway bar will flex and absorb the impacts. A stiff one will absorb less and transmit forces elsewhere which can cause problems in how it is mounted.

I'm keeping an eye on Yomuppets car, but we really don't think it will be a problem. But understand and appreciate your concern.

David Lawson
Korbach Performance

#51100 - 07/18/04 09:03 PM Re: New invention by Körbach wants Drivers to test product
CharAznable Offline
Poster

Loc: Principality of Zeon
I just put my application in last night, and it sounds like a deal and a half. I've taken my bumpers off so many times as it is... bring on the power drill!

#51101 - 07/18/04 11:05 PM Re: New invention by Körbach wants Drivers to test product
civicbooty Offline
Post Master Jr

Im a beta tester and I was impressed with how much more responsive the car was. It would pretty much do whatever I wanted it to do, at the speed I wanted. I’ve had the most fun I’ve ever had in my car the last few days since the install…especially on the twisties of the mountain roads and on the back breaking 880 between 92 and Oakland. That stretch usually makes for a jarring ride, but the Frame Locks made it 100% more comfortable. It’s unbelievable. Much of the "shock" was taken from the bumps. My rides home from San Francisco on the 101 have gone from being a chore to a pleasure
Page 1 of 3 123>

Moderator:  Huggy, Runnin@Redline Jr, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads