Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#467316 - 09/18/06 07:15 PM What up Nor cal Folks!?!
DeViouS1 Offline
Jr Poster

Loc: Bay Area,Ca
Ok i know this is suppoed to go into a different index but oh well. i figured i'd give my Nor-cal folks a first glance at my recently upgraded ride! I used my camera phone cuz my other camera broke so bear with me!
Mods:
CTR Headlights
VIS CF Hood
JDM Colormatched fogs
MOMO Tuner steering wheel (not pictured)
JDM block-off tray (not pictured)
Soon to come: VIS Spoon style CF Lip (Back-ordered...BASTARDS!)

Visit Sponsors! Help CSi !
#467317 - 09/18/06 08:10 PM Re: What up Nor cal Folks!?!
Xiii SI Moderator Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: San Carlos, CA
cool.. its nice and clean.

#467318 - 09/18/06 08:24 PM Re: What up Nor cal Folks!?!
intezn Offline
Post Master Jr

Loc: Nor Cal
nice car
#467319 - 09/18/06 08:32 PM Re: What up Nor cal Folks!?!
RyCeRoCkEtZ Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: NorCal, FrisCo, Bay Area!
looks great, are those JDM fogs?
fAsT cAr aRe fOr dRaG rAcInG
fAsT dRiVeR aRe foR aUtOcRoSs

#467320 - 09/18/06 08:36 PM Re: What up Nor cal Folks!?!
DeViouS1 Offline
Jr Poster

Thanks for the comments guys! The fogs are from passJDM and i colormatched them FBP. I couldnt imagine myself spending 3-400 bucks on just foglights...That could go into my motor!

#467321 - 09/19/06 01:49 AM Re: What up Nor cal Folks!?!
JuLiuSi Offline
Post Master Jr

Loc: Surf City
Looks real clean bro.

#467322 - 09/19/06 02:44 AM Re: What up Nor cal Folks!?!
spoonski Offline
Jr Poster

Loc: Fremont, Ca
Looks nice, show more pics when you get a digital camera
#467323 - 09/19/06 08:37 AM Re: What up Nor cal Folks!?!
SI_NYC Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Bay Area via NYC
I thought amber fogs was a french thing.

#467324 - 09/19/06 11:01 AM Re: What up Nor cal Folks!?!
DeViouS1 Offline
Jr Poster

LOL! French?!?!? Amber fogs are JDM....You dont see any clear fogs in japan! But i plan on getting a digital camera soon, so i'll take some interior shots,better exterior shots, and some engine bay shots once i clean it! :-D Its nice to see hard work (and a lot of money) doesnt go unrecognized...Thanks!

#467325 - 09/19/06 11:26 AM Re: What up Nor cal Folks!?!
intezn Offline
Post Master Jr

amber fog are acutally much brighter than regular fog.
#467326 - 09/19/06 11:26 AM Re: What up Nor cal Folks!?!
omgmaxownzme Offline
Jr Poster

Loc: Banned Land!
Quote:

Ok i know this is suppoed to go into a different index but oh well. i figured i'd give my Nor-cal folks a first glance at my recently upgraded ride! I used my camera phone cuz my other camera broke so bear with me!
Mods:
CTR Headlights
VIS CF Hood
JDM Colormatched fogs

I think it would look lightyears better with chrome lights and clear fogs, an OEM hood (at least paint the one you bought), a stock lip, a stock steeringwheel, and the headunit mounted in the stock location (at least put something prettier than a piece of plastic).

#467327 - 09/19/06 11:27 AM Re: What up Nor cal Folks!?!
omgmaxownzme Offline
Jr Poster

Quote:

#467328 - 09/19/06 12:32 PM Re: What up Nor cal Folks!?!
DeViouS1 Offline
Jr Poster

Quote:

Quote:

Mods:
CTR Headlights
VIS CF Hood
JDM Colormatched fogs

I think it would look lightyears better with chrome lights and clear fogs, an OEM hood (at least paint the one you bought), a stock lip, a stock steeringwheel, and the headunit mounted in the stock location (at least put something prettier than a piece of plastic).

If i did what you said my Si would look like EVERY OTHER ONE OUT THERE! I stand next to my decisions. as for the block off tray... i got into an accident and my airbags blew so it was a cheap alternative to getting anything else, same with the steering wheel.

#467329 - 09/19/06 01:41 PM Re: What up Nor cal Folks!?!
intezn Offline
Post Master Jr

Quote:

Quote:

I don't find this funny at all
I have clear fog in my gf's civic and have used both regular bulb and amber bulb.
Driving with amber bulb is alot different, at least much brighter than using regular bulb.
And no, I did not paint the fog amber, I am using amber bulb.

#467330 - 09/19/06 01:48 PM Re: What up Nor cal Folks!?!
omgmaxownzme Offline
Jr Poster

I didn't know light passing through a filter was brighter than white light.

#467331 - 09/19/06 02:51 PM Re: What up Nor cal Folks!?!
DeViouS1 Offline
Jr Poster

Quote:

im not sure if this is what he meant but yellow lamps actually increase visability in what else......anyone???....FOG! also, rain,etc... c'mon people i thought you knew! lol!

#467332 - 09/19/06 04:20 PM Re: What up Nor cal Folks!?!
intezn Offline
Post Master Jr

Quote:

My conclusion was based on my own driving experience.
If you don't think it is, then that's fine, you can all you want.
In the mean time, drive safe.

#467333 - 09/19/06 04:53 PM Re: What up Nor cal Folks!?!
omgmaxownzme Offline
Jr Poster

Amber is not brighter, so "unless you just happen to like yellow, save your money and forget about so-called "fog-lights." They don't exist."

Quote:

I was asked the other day why fog lights were yellow. When I couldn't come up with an answer, I started asking around and discovered, to my surprise, that apparently nobody else could either.

Skiers, shooters and other outdoor types have long known that yellow goggles or glasses enhance outdoor vision. This is because the yellow lenses filter out the blue part of the spectrum and increase the contrast of a scene. But does the same thing hold the other way around? With the goggles, we are filtering reflected light entering our eyes, but is it possible to illuminate something with yellow light and achieve similar results? The answer, apparently, is no (which is likely to raise strong objections from people who have been using yellow fog lights for years).

For expert advice, I contacted the Cold Regions Research and Engineering Laboratory (CRREL) on Fort Wainwright. Captain John Craig of that group then arranged to have a computer search made on the subject of light penetration in fog and mist from CRREL's headquarters in Hanover, New Hampshire. As a result, I obtained a list of over 200 references and abstracts of articles published by researchers all over the world.

Not a single one asserted that yellow light has superior penetrating qualities, but several specifically stated that it did not.

http://www.gi.alaska.edu/ScienceForum/ASF5/593.html

I'll assume they have a legitimate source:
http://www.cartalk.com/content/columns/Archive/2002/February/08.html
Quote:

Tom: So the question becomes, to yellow or not to yellow? There's a lot of debate about this, but the research says that yellow lights are no better than white lights at penetrating fog. The theory bandied about was that yellow light has a longer wavelength and is therefore less likely to be reflected by the fog particles. Turns out, this is complete poppycock.

Ray: Apparently, the fog particles themselves are so big that they reflect all colors of light. Basically, all light bounces off of them, so using yellow light instead of white light gives you no advantage.

Tom: Plus, in order to get yellow light, what fog-light manufacturers do is put a yellow lens over a white light. That cuts your light output by 20 percent to 30 percent, which is counterproductive.

#467334 - 09/19/06 06:06 PM Re: What up Nor cal Folks!?!
omgmaxownzme Offline
Jr Poster

Quote:

Quote:

im not sure if this is what he meant but yellow lamps actually increase visability in what else......anyone???....FOG! also, rain,etc... c'mon people i thought you knew! lol!

I know what he meant.

#467335 - 09/19/06 06:19 PM Re: What up Nor cal Folks!?!
DeViouS1 Offline
Jr Poster

Quote:

Amber is not brighter, so "unless you just happen to like yellow, save your money and forget about so-called "fog-lights." They don't exist."

Quote:

I was asked the other day why fog lights were yellow. When I couldn't come up with an answer, I started asking around and discovered, to my surprise, that apparently nobody else could either.

Skiers, shooters and other outdoor types have long known that yellow goggles or glasses enhance outdoor vision. This is because the yellow lenses filter out the blue part of the spectrum and increase the contrast of a scene. But does the same thing hold the other way around? With the goggles, we are filtering reflected light entering our eyes, but is it possible to illuminate something with yellow light and achieve similar results? The answer, apparently, is no (which is likely to raise strong objections from people who have been using yellow fog lights for years).

For expert advice, I contacted the Cold Regions Research and Engineering Laboratory (CRREL) on Fort Wainwright. Captain John Craig of that group then arranged to have a computer search made on the subject of light penetration in fog and mist from CRREL's headquarters in Hanover, New Hampshire. As a result, I obtained a list of over 200 references and abstracts of articles published by researchers all over the world.

Not a single one asserted that yellow light has superior penetrating qualities, but several specifically stated that it did not.

http://www.gi.alaska.edu/ScienceForum/ASF5/593.html

I'll assume they have a legitimate source:
http://www.cartalk.com/content/columns/Archive/2002/February/08.html
Quote:

Tom: So the question becomes, to yellow or not to yellow? There's a lot of debate about this, but the research says that yellow lights are no better than white lights at penetrating fog. The theory bandied about was that yellow light has a longer wavelength and is therefore less likely to be reflected by the fog particles. Turns out, this is complete poppycock.

Ray: Apparently, the fog particles themselves are so big that they reflect all colors of light. Basically, all light bounces off of them, so using yellow light instead of white light gives you no advantage.

Tom: Plus, in order to get yellow light, what fog-light manufacturers do is put a yellow lens over a white light. That cuts your light output by 20 percent to 30 percent, which is counterproductive.

Hahahahaha! Thats a very nice book report you compiled there!(Refernces and everything!) For the next report im gonna need you to answer the qusetion: Why are sylvania lights better than OEM Lights...i expect refernces too!

#467336 - 10/01/06 06:24 PM Re: What up Nor cal Folks!?!
caasi Offline

Loc: CA
screw you'll and your fog light talk lets get back to the point here.

Nice car dude, mine looks just like it but in red. Good job on the mods.

#9156659 - 10/12/17 02:53 AM Re: What up Nor cal Folks!?! [Re: caasi]
Kamilia Offline

cool.Very clean and comfortable

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  LovemySi, Xiii SI, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads