Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#1588754 - 06/28/07 10:24 AM La belle province (pics)...
RTB Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Mississauga
You guys are spoiled by beautiful roads, great landscapes, lake after lake after lake, long stretches of open highway where you can see for miles, and little police presence. Not to mention, your driver's are actually quite attentive and have a clue, unlike most in the G.T.A. area.

Since I've returned, I've had little desire to ride my motorcyle around town, infact the thought of having to ride for 1hr+ just to get to some twisties is straight-up depressing

Here's a couple pics from Tremblant, St. Donat + Area. We loved every bit from Turso -> Tremblant -> St. Donat -> Calabogie. From Calabogie we booked it up to Algonquin for a couple hours then home (that was a long ride).

Lac des plages*

From our room in Tremblant. Unless you are into the outdoors stuff, there isn't much to do there in the off-season

St. Donat

Most of the roads looked like this, some were a little bumpy, but nothing worse than what we're used to.

Tremblant Park

Got caught in the rain on the way to Calabogie, but it dried up by morning

Algonquin

Long way home

We did a little loop to St. Donat from Tremblant, there were NO cars on the road, long stretches of twisties combined with long straights where you could see EVERYTHING (200km/hr+++). Turns are VERY well marked, and you can easily predict where gravel would be in the few blind corners we encountered. Cops are cool as hell too \:D , we passed one @ way over double the limit hiding on top of a hill, he pulled out, then just reversed back lol

CN: Quebec FTW!

Visit Sponsors! Help CSi !
#1588869 - 06/28/07 10:52 AM Re: La belle province (pics)... [Re: RTB]
tropicana Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Québec City, Qc
Awesome! Glad you had fun man!

You did go in a very very nice area though, where people are used to dealing with people from outside the province. Had you been in Charlevoix or in Saguenay, for example, you'd have had a different opinion though. Québecers are notoriously xenophobic \:\(

All being said, the Tremblant area kicks ass, but I've never been during the summer. It looks nice as hell. How were the bugs treating you btw? \:D

#1588949 - 06/28/07 11:11 AM Re: La belle province (pics)... [Re: tropicana]
RTB Offline
Post Master Sr

Oh I know the outsider feeling in the small towns you're talking about, we got that a lot through Quebec when we hit up Atlantic Canada a few years back lol

We were actually there just over a week ago, so it was much cooler than it is now. The bugs around the park area were irritating, a few big fuckers took some of my skin, but not too bad thanks to the near perfect weather.

Tremblant is really quiet this time of year, the rooms are a great rate, we got a suite (free upgrade due to 2nights stay) for less money than a cheap hotel in downtown Ottawa. But, you really have to be into either hiking, bird watching or cycling to enjoy yourself, we were there specifically for the roads. Restaurant food was good and somewhat reasonably priced as well.

#2118470 - 12/10/07 11:31 PM Re: La belle province (pics)... [Re: RTB]
Shorty_SI Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Montreal, Canaduh
awesome pics rob!
#2123361 - 12/12/07 11:11 AM Re: La belle province (pics)... [Re: Shorty_SI]
RTB Offline
Post Master Sr

Cheers! I <3 Quebec.
Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Shorty_SI, thatoneguy86, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads