Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#120595 - 09/17/05 07:24 PM Buddy Club Spec 4 cam build up
jetted Offline

Loc: miami
Oright guys....b16b would like to go the cam route, thus far I came to the conclusion of Buddy Club Spec 4 or 5. Which would be better for daily driving?
What do I need to run this other than:-
cam gears
retainers
springs
timing belt
which head gasket?
what size injectors?
with pocket in mind, what management? was thinking the Apexi vtec controller
Whats the difference with the two?.....which to get?
2.5 Fujitsubo Exhaust
AEM CAI

Any where has killer pricing or group buys or discount codes on the aforementioned parts?
Any comments welcome
thanks in adavance
p-star

Videos
#120596 - 09/17/05 07:36 PM Re: Buddy Club Spec 4 cam build up
jetted Offline

would anyone recommend buddy club cams?
#120597 - 09/17/05 08:09 PM Re: Buddy Club Spec 4 cam build up
b6ixteen Offline
Post Master Jr

Loc: Florida
First off, you need more compression to run those cams. Of the two, the spec IV would be closest to a daily driver. Spec V is way too extreme, have to run over 12:1 cause its a racing cam.

That said, how much you want for the CTR cams?

#120598 - 09/17/05 08:34 PM Re: Buddy Club Spec 4 cam build up
surubasi00 Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: VA
wow...

apexi vtec controller isnt going to get you SHIT in the way of tuning...you need a standalone to take advantage of cams like that
3+ would be your best bet, stay with stock springs and retainers and save some money

stay witn a stock honda headgasket,,, proven time and time again

keep stock injectors

Dave

#120599 - 09/18/05 08:06 PM Re: Buddy Club Spec 4 cam build up
EBPSiPGH Offline
Jr Member

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA, U.S.A.
I'm running the same cams are you getting the cam package from PasswordJDM.com?

Heres my setup so far should be running next week some time or pretty close.
Buddy Club Spec 4 cams
Buddy Club cam gears
Buddy Club valve train components including valves
Ported head
Type R intake manifold
70mm TB which i hear is too big but allready ordered it.
AEM fuel pressure regulator.
AEM fuel rail - not needed but looks nice
Greddy Header - Suposedly sux but better than stock and was cheap.
JIC Majic bullet exhaust
High flow cat
J's knock off intake
Stock head gasket
Greddy timing belt
Hondata S300

I'll let ya know how it runs once it's all back together I ordered some of the parts from inlinefour.com and when I was talking to them they said I should be looking at around 190whp but every motors different so maybe more maybe less. Basically if your trying to do this cheaply forget that be prepared to spend a decent amount when all is said and done. I've spent alot more than I planned on when I started this a month or so ago.

#120600 - 09/20/05 12:31 AM Re: Buddy Club Spec 4 cam build up
jetted Offline

Well as far as selling the cams, the car is in the caribbean sorry....unless u are willing to pay shipping!

Starting a build up now so compression will come when I stroke and change the pistons etc...

surubasi00 I like how u conduct ur business....no bs... too bad everyone here isnt like you....

as I mentioned, it is a build up hopefully it will amount to something in the future hence I have choosen the vafc for now, can it be done?

tuning possibilities are limited where I am from, would have really liked hondata though...
EBPSiPGH please let me know how it goes

concerning injectors, which type and what size should I run? saturated or peak and hold?

timing belt, greddy or toda?...

the future lies headers, stroke kit and proper management....

surubasi00 you seem to be very knowledgeable and would really take into consideration ur guidance in this build up........please provide suitable steps to make this happen.

thanks again
p-star

where can i get an OEM head gasket and whats the price like?

#120601 - 09/20/05 12:34 AM Re: Buddy Club Spec 4 cam build up
jetted Offline

is the aem fpr needed?
how much does the hondata s300 run for?

EBPSiPGH where did u get the JIC exhaust from?...I would like a titanium barrel but wayy too much money....any hookups?

also have u purchased from passwordjdm before?..........just want to be safe and not on a backordered list....also check kteller
Good Luck
regards
p-star

#120602 - 09/20/05 12:36 AM Re: Buddy Club Spec 4 cam build up
jetted Offline

EBPSiPGH....have u purchased ur stuff from password jdm yet?...maybe we could get a spanking deal if we purchase together!!

let me know
p-star

#120603 - 09/20/05 01:28 AM Re: Buddy Club Spec 4 cam build up
b6ixteen Offline
Post Master Jr

What part of the Caribbean, you know FL is pretty close and I have tonnes of friends in the Islands. I might be selling a Hondata EMS soon so maybe you could get it. Are you buying the parts here and then work on the car in the Caribbean?
#120604 - 09/20/05 05:45 PM Re: Buddy Club Spec 4 cam build up
EBPSiPGH Offline
Jr Member

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA, U.S.A.
Found the JIC on ebay for $450 shipped was in perfect shape looked new when I got it.

I've ordered alot of stuff from Password the cam package was here within a week so I wouldn't worry about being on a backorder list as long as the site says it's in stock you'll get it fairly quick.

I asked a few people and they all recomended a FPR.

The S300 was $585 plus I needed an OBD1 ECU and adapter harness so tacked on another $280 so was around $900 total.

#120605 - 09/20/05 05:54 PM Re: Buddy Club Spec 4 cam build up
b6ixteen Offline
Post Master Jr

Quote:

The S300 was $585 plus I needed an OBD1 ECU and adapter harness so tacked on another $280 so was around $900 total.

Is this really worth it, for that price, I don't know, seems it might work out better to save and get a good stand alone.

#120606 - 09/20/05 07:27 PM Re: Buddy Club Spec 4 cam build up
jwyoung Offline
Jr Member

Loc: Ca, USA
i'd like to see what both of you guys are running after your builds. I went with bc3+ b/c of compression issues.. may go up higher when i get a new block.. so, post up... jetted and EBPSiPGH

#120607 - 09/20/05 09:12 PM Re: Buddy Club Spec 4 cam build up
surubasi00 Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: VA
the VAFC isn't gonna be very money smart...you are gonna want to replace it later, but if you have no choice, its not a bad choice, i thoguht you were going with a VTEC controller only...which is pointless...

If you are going to get an OBD1 ecu, then you might as well go with any one of the cheap or not so cheap EMS....like Chrome, Uberdata or Hondata....they all require a socketed ECU...

HOndata will run about 1200 for the Datalogging and everything you need to tune it yourself, i assume in the caribbean there arent many dyno's or tuners for that matter, gonna have to learn it yourself... www.hondata.com has a good forum you can ask all your tuning related questions on...

I would stick with stock injectors for now, the build you have isn't gonna tax them too much....if need be, prelude injectors or some RC 310 peak hold injectors,
bsixteen: the s300 IS a good standalone (piggyback actually) it will do EVERYTHING you need, its pretty cool

the S200 should do you though, and its still expensive if you want to be able to tune it yourself (which will actually save you money if you learn how to do it right)

I recommend an FPR in the case of stock injectors with higher end HP, if you get 310's you man not need it, but get it just in case,

i hate to keep promoting other boards, but honda-tech usually has some killer deals in the ways of group buys, but just be careful...research before you buy

Dave

#120608 - 09/20/05 09:46 PM Re: Buddy Club Spec 4 cam build up
jetted Offline

b6ixteen the car is in Trinidad, what price we looking at for the EMS?
I am located in miami

#120609 - 09/20/05 09:56 PM Re: Buddy Club Spec 4 cam build up
jetted Offline

the vafc does fuel also to an extent, dyno tuning no where to be found and the guy doing the install hasnt used hondata yet
the parts listed above, I guess should work right?....kinda new to the cam thing
any more advice Dave? whats the difference with injectors?
kteller has a nice deal on 440cc saturated injectors....can i use them?

#120610 - 09/20/05 10:11 PM Re: Buddy Club Spec 4 cam build up
b6ixteen Offline
Post Master Jr

Two of my best friends and one that helped me with my build are from Trinidad, Caroni and Maraval to be more specific. I could give you the Hondata for about $270, its the base system, new never been used and you would need a socketed ECU to run it. And like Dave said, its gonna run you about $1200 cause you would need to purchase the features/parts that enable you to tune yourself, on a laptop.

You wouldn't need an injector as big as a 440cc for your build, between 310cc-370cc should be good. The bigger the injector, the more fuel it will flow without putting extensive strain on the fuel pump, also, bigger injectors have greater duty cycle, that is each injector has a plateau point where they cannot flow more than a certain volume of fuel. And if the car requires more fuel and the injectors cannot supply, then we have problems.

#120611 - 09/22/05 02:05 AM Re: Buddy Club Spec 4 cam build up
jetted Offline

which injectors work? saturated or peak and hold?
#9309386 - 04/25/18 01:20 PM Re: michael kors factory outlet [Re: ]
victor14 Offline

cheapest proxy servers, vpn https://advanced.name/
Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Runnin@Redline Jr, Dr. BrokenLimits, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads