Page 7 of 23 « First<56789>Last »
Topic Options
#10015069 - 03/01/21 09:14 AM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: porschetr]
355-Si Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Toronto, Ontario
 Originally Posted By: porschetr
Don’t think you would with the Honeywell 7581P100L Combo Organic Vapor filter I use.
Hopefully not....

Admittedly, this is City of Toronto tender so obviously we smell everything. I wouldn't be surprised if we have all the defective Honeywells and it doesn't filter worth a damn. lol

#10015536 - 03/01/21 05:24 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: 355-Si]
loudsubz Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Ontario, Canada
 Originally Posted By: 355-Si
I have that dual N100 mask.
You don’t smell a thing even in a small spray booth.
No I don’t use it for COVID. The filters are 10 years old.

I can tell you for a fact that you can still smell a rotting dead guy in late February, who hadn't been seen since January... lol

what? how? backstory?

#10015541 - 03/01/21 05:32 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: loudsubz]
355-Si Offline
Post Master Sr

Called for "life status questionable... and 'last seen in January.'"
Got off elevator and you could smell him.
Opened the door and the door hits you like a ton of bricks.
Decomposed and virtually mummified to the floor with all the internal fluids leaked out and congealed on the ground.

#10015551 - 03/01/21 06:05 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: 355-Si]
Risky Business Offline
Provides a Great Work Environment. he/him
Post Master Supreme

fuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Is this in some of the ghetto apartment buildings?

#10015554 - 03/01/21 06:48 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: Risky Business]
355-Si Offline
Post Master Sr

It was in the Keele and St. Clair area.
Not a ghetto apartment, but not like a nice condo either.

#10015583 - 03/01/21 08:32 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: 355-Si]
A2B-Lexus Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Raptors Land
I have that dual N100 mask.
You don’t smell a thing even in a small spray booth.
No I don’t use it for COVID. The filters are 10 years old.

I can tell you for a fact that you can still smell a rotting dead guy in late February, who hadn't been seen since January... lol

I can't imagine what that would look like. Sucks for all involved. RIP

#10016201 - 03/02/21 08:11 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: A2B-Lexus]
porschetr Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: WBridge
https://www.cp24.com/news/ontario-family...clipId%3D104069

...They only make you stay for 1 night for international travelers?
So will they be monitored?
No fukn way all three of them would stay put in the house for next 2 weeks.

#10019385 - 03/08/21 10:58 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: porschetr]
A2B-Lexus Offline
Post Master Supreme

Stayed at Markham Stouffville for a night for the birth of my 2nd child on Thursday. Everyone was wearing their masks. Wife didn't have to while in labour. We elected to leave when we could just to be more comfortable at home.

Felt lucky that the cases were not as much lately. Cases seem to be on the raise again.

On an unrelated note. I forgot how much work newborns are.

#10019402 - 03/09/21 04:49 AM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: A2B-Lexus]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

Congrats man!

Cases will rip, did anyone see the roads/malls over the weekend?

Someone I am good friends with got covid, the whole family got it, it was one of the new variants that effects younger ppl apparently, older ppl more immune to it (his parents watch their kids, tested negative). Talked to my doc this week, she is saying double mask, the new variants spread much more easily. wtfffff give me the vaccine

#10019418 - 03/09/21 07:52 AM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: Risky Business]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Toronto, ON
My parents got dose 1 of Pfizer last Wednesday in York Region, thanks to my BIL who hammered the website for his parents and mine ... No major effects on their end.

The latest official CDC guidance is 2 vax'd individuals can hang out, maskless, indoors \:\|

Edited by furball (03/09/21 07:52 AM)

#10019420 - 03/09/21 07:56 AM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: porschetr]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

A girl at work came back from India ... It was a fucked situation for her:
- Parents came from India ... (to visit? For how long? No idea)
- Father DIES in Canada, day before they were to head back to India
- She had to deal with shipping the body/ashes/etc and a grieving mother back to India, and deal with funeral arrangements in India
- Travelled back ... last Saturday? ... Quarantined in a hotel, said her test came back negative and now she's back home to finish the rest of the quarantine...

I'm guessing her husband was here the whole time, so even though a) her test is negative, and b) she's to complete her remaining 'quarantine' at home ... I mean, I'd assume she and her husband are in the same house without masks, so, how does that quarantine work again?

The only other comment she said was the food wasn't great at all ...

https://www.cp24.com/news/ontario-family-forced-to-pay-3-458-hotel-quarantine-bill-for-one-night-stay-after-returning-to-canada-from-father-s-funeral-1.5329558?cache=trxjaxqprxeg%3FclipId%3D104069

...They only make you stay for 1 night for international travelers?
So will they be monitored?
No fukn way all three of them would stay put in the house for next 2 weeks.

Edited by furball (03/09/21 07:57 AM)

#10019488 - 03/09/21 10:09 AM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: A2B-Lexus]
c2k Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Wiesloch-Walldorf, Germany
 Originally Posted By: A2B-Lexus
Stayed at Markham Stouffville for a night for the birth of my 2nd child on Thursday. Everyone was wearing their masks. Wife didn't have to while in labour. We elected to leave when we could just to be more comfortable at home.

Felt lucky that the cases were not as much lately. Cases seem to be on the raise again.

On an unrelated note. I forgot how much work newborns are.

congratulations! \:D

#10019490 - 03/09/21 10:12 AM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: c2k]
c2k Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

well..

wife's school got 2 positive covid cases in 2 different classrooms. Thankfully her classroom was not affected.

The fucked up thing is the affected teacher's husband and kids does not have to self-isolate and they can continue to go to school and work while the affected teacher have to stay home and self isolate.

#10019841 - 03/09/21 05:05 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: c2k]
zaius Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Toronto
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=955cmI5s0nQ

#10019860 - 03/09/21 06:02 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: zaius]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

Anyone up to date with the latest strategy on covid distributions?

I missed the CP24 update, but wifey said:
- Wait up to ~4 mths for shot #2; apparently there's no publicly-available results to support the gap between shots?
- In Ontario, something about you're able to sign up for a shot in the next group, no matter the age, if you have an 'underlying' medical condition, with no need for 'proof'?! i.e. "Um, yeah, I have a condition. Yeah, a condition"

Edited by furball (03/09/21 06:02 PM)

#10019880 - 03/09/21 07:03 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: furball]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

Go to Arizona and just get a shot there, available now.

I also have a condition that's developed over 20 years of reading furball posts Should get line bypass and all.

#10019918 - 03/09/21 08:52 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: Risky Business]
A2B-Lexus Offline
Post Master Supreme

i've been double masking everywhere I go. Hospital only wants their own mask so that was the exception.

Just a normal non surgical mask doesn't seem to have a tight seal.

I am still only going out for take out and groceries late at night and paying human Pacman where we like turn around if we see someone come my way.

Hope the 3rd wave won't be bad. Vaccine roll out has been pretty sad.

#10020418 - 03/10/21 06:38 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: A2B-Lexus]
BroKe Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Markham, Ontario
i don't know why they couldn't have waited a bit longer to get more vaccines in peoples arms before opening up. now its a race between new covid variants and vaccine distribution
#10020449 - 03/10/21 09:33 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: A2B-Lexus]
355-Si Offline
Post Master Sr

i've been double masking everywhere I go. Hospital only wants their own mask so that was the exception.

Is this because you feel the virus is aerosol?

#10020489 - 03/11/21 07:21 AM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: 355-Si]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

We're teaching the toddler (juuust under 2 yrs old) to wear a mask ... She wears pink disposable ones, and now asks for one when she sees us wearing (monkey see, monkey do)

It was a f'ing hassle with all the mitts and hats and shit, but as the weather warms, and as we bring her shopping sometimes now ...

The white folk around here think it's soooooooo cute 'n shit ...

Originally Posted By: Risky Business
I also have a condition that's developed over 20 years of reading furball posts Should get line bypass and all.

#10020494 - 03/11/21 07:38 AM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: 355-Si]
c2k Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Isn't it? Isn't that why we wear a mask in the first place?

#10020662 - 03/11/21 11:54 AM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: c2k]
355-Si Offline
Post Master Sr

No no, it isn’t airborne.

We wear surgical masks because of the droplet/contact vector of transmission.

All the talk about aerosol is media driven.

Aerosol is when the particles are so fine that they suspend, while droplet is large particles.
So you get droplet from coughing, breathing, etc...

Covid is rendered aerosol when you perform aerosol generating medical procedures (ie: CPR, intubation, etc...)

So over the course of this pandemic, we don’t wear respirators unless performing aerosol procedures. Respirators have tight fitting seals.
We wear surgical masks even in the presence of covid.
Apartments with entire families who are covid positive, covid patients in elevators with us, in the ambo with us... this is all surgical masks.

So on the day-to-day for you guys (general public) a single surgical mask is sufficient. Anything further doesn’t increase prevention of infection.

#10020689 - 03/11/21 12:29 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: 355-Si]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

My doctor told me to double mask.

Nah fam, I am not doing it.

This fucking shit, give me the vaccine already.

#10020721 - 03/11/21 01:01 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: 355-Si]
porschetr Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: WBridge
Hey, if I can catch Covid by sharing a tight room like a elevator, being in a same car, or having a lunch together, I'd say it's airborne; no matter what technical term that defines it.
It is in the air.

You won't get AIDS by just having a conversation with the person because it is definitely not airborne.

My doctor also recommended double masking.

#10020845 - 03/11/21 03:41 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: porschetr]
355-Si Offline
Post Master Sr

That’s not what airborne means.

Droplet distance is 6 ft, which is why the rules state that you should physically distance.
Droplet containment means keep that distance, giving the matter in question the chance to fall to the ground.
Being in an elevator means you’re closer than 6ft, which puts you in the physical range of droplet contamination.

Airborne it’s it’s small enough to sit suspended, because it’s aerosol. Hence why we wear N95 respirators to keep it out... they’re made to filter at a certain level of microns.
Airborne carries further than 6ft.

And if you’re concerned about a tight seal, then 5 masks won’t make a difference because they’re not respirators.
And on top of that, buying an N95 is no guarantee of protection because all N95s are mask fit tested to the individual user.

Edit: you also won’t get AIDS making out with someone who has it because that’s not the mode of transmission. It’s not a droplet nor an aerosol vector. It is bloodborne transmission.

Edited by 355-Si (03/11/21 03:46 PM)

#10020848 - 03/11/21 03:48 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: Risky Business]
355-Si Offline
Post Master Sr

My doctor told me to double mask.

Nah fam, I am not doing it.

This fucking shit, give me the vaccine already.

Family doctors are also the same people who think calling into a hospital EMRG that they’re sending a patient to, bypasses triage 😂

#10021038 - 03/11/21 09:17 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: 355-Si]
A2B-Lexus Offline
Post Master Supreme

I wear double mask (home made fit to size & disposable) because the generic disposable masks doesn't provide a good fit around my face. I feel more secure if the disposable mask is closer to my face.

I want to breath through the mask, not around it. Disposable by itself is like wearing boxers. I want to wear whitie tighties.

#10021536 - 03/12/21 06:38 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: porschetr]
Simon_the_Pieman Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: The A

must be nice to have doctors \:\(

#10021877 - 03/14/21 10:02 AM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: c2k]
loudsubz Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: c2k
well..

wife's school got 2 positive covid cases in 2 different classrooms. Thankfully her classroom was not affected.

The fucked up thing is the affected teacher's husband and kids does not have to self-isolate and they can continue to go to school and work while the affected teacher have to stay home and self isolate.

what region did this take place in? I'm curious because Toronto has always had a little more laxed take on this scenario from the get go, I know after inquiring in general about rules vs peel when I was trying to get some answers myself for a similar situation.

#10021878 - 03/14/21 10:06 AM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: Simon_the_Pieman]
loudsubz Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: Simon_the_Pieman

]

fa real...as soon as covid hit most went MIA or only available by phone call or text WTF. It's been a pita getting ahold of the wifes doctor when we have questions relating to the kids etc
must be nice to have doctors \:\(

#10021881 - 03/14/21 10:23 AM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: 355-Si]
loudsubz Offline
Post Master Supreme

That’s not what airborne means.

Droplet distance is 6 ft, which is why the rules state that you should physically distance.
Droplet containment means keep that distance, giving the matter in question the chance to fall to the ground.
Being in an elevator means you’re closer than 6ft, which puts you in the physical range of droplet contamination.

Airborne it’s it’s small enough to sit suspended, because it’s aerosol. Hence why we wear N95 respirators to keep it out... they’re made to filter at a certain level of microns.
Airborne carries further than 6ft.

And if you’re concerned about a tight seal, then 5 masks won’t make a difference because they’re not respirators.
And on top of that, buying an N95 is no guarantee of protection because all N95s are mask fit tested to the individual user.

Edit: you also won’t get AIDS making out with someone who has it because that’s not the mode of transmission. It’s not a droplet nor an aerosol vector. It is bloodborne transmission.

I love how your reply was even questioned in the first place...like don't believe what someone in the field knows

#10021913 - 03/14/21 12:42 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: 355-Si]
Raocorp Offline
Cougar Slayer
Post Master Sr

Loc: Toronto

Aerosol is when the particles are so fine that they suspend, while droplet is large particles.

Covid is rendered aerosol when you perform aerosol generating medical procedures (ie: CPR, intubation, etc...)

So over the course of this pandemic, we don’t wear respirators unless performing aerosol procedures. Respirators have tight fitting seals.
Apartments with entire families who are covid positive, covid patients in elevators with us, in the ambo with us... this is all surgical masks.

So on the day-to-day for you guys (general public) a single surgical mask is sufficient. Anything further doesn’t increase prevention of infection.

thanks 355....this is good to know.

For anyone else that cares, I found a company in Waterloo that makes masks locally https://www.canadianshieldppe.ca. IMO if you wear disposable masks you should make sure they are at least made in NA. I prefer to buy Canadian made masks. Made the mistake of buying a box from a big box store earlier in the pandemic and they're made in China. I forgot to check when I first bought them. The Waterloo place even makes medical grade ones. I'm just about finished the China made ones and I'm gonna order the med grade from Canadian Shield.

Its sad cuz I read a story about how Canadian Shield is starting to lay people off because they can't sell to the gov/hospitals. Not because of price but because all the gov contracts are from overseas distributors. That's pretty sickening IMO.

#10021969 - 03/14/21 04:08 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: 355-Si]
loudsubz Offline
Post Master Supreme

so what's your take on how this variant spreads faster? is it down to humans again not being as "safe" as they should or is it just that more contagious that even one speck of the virus gets into the airways and you've got it?

#10021980 - 03/14/21 04:27 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: loudsubz]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

My doctor told me the new variant is way more contagious (not sure on details) and it's more prone to get young people. I have a friend who go it, the whole family ended up getting it but their parents who watch their three kids didn't. It's pretty crazy, everyone was down for 5 days (some worse than others) and then recovered. On your covid test they tell you the variant you get apparently.
#10022010 - 03/14/21 05:50 PM Re: COVID alert fatigue - we be so fucked? [Re: Risky Business]
loudsubz Offline
Post Master Supreme

My doctor told me the new variant is way more contagious (not sure on details) and it's more prone to get young people. I have a friend who go it, the whole family ended up getting it but their parents who watch their three kids didn't. It's pretty crazy, everyone was down for 5 days (some worse than others) and then recovered. On your covid test they tell you the variant you get apparently.

that's pretty crazy (in a bad way). Good for the older generation who are already susceptible though if that's the trend. Sucks for families that can't really isolate a great deal within the same house.

Page 7 of 23 « First<56789>Last »

Moderator:  c2k, LNXGUY, TheRealCSnapper, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads