Page all of 2 12>
Topic Options
#9858842 - 07/15/20 09:15 AM Kids back to school in Sept...thoughts?
Big Tasty Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto
So this will be on us soon enough, what are your current thoughts on kids going back to school in Sept?

Do you feel it's too soon, do you agree with a full back to school format or a staggered one week on, one week home or split within the week?

I'm opting for full back to school myself, not for me to go back to the office as we'll more than likely be wfh for the rest of the year. But think it's a better learning environment for the kids and don't want them to be further behind with partial schooling.

Plus for my situation, managing multiple kids if they are not on the same schedule be it weekly on off or back and forth during the week will be a major headache and things will fall through the cracks.

Grant it, if there is a major upswing in the fall of new infections then lock everything back up again.

So what say you?

#9858853 - 07/15/20 09:19 AM Re: Kids back to school in Sept...thoughts? [Re: Big Tasty]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Toronto, ON
https://www.facebook.com/brutamerica/videos/759060008170820/
#9858900 - 07/15/20 09:56 AM Re: Kids back to school in Sept...thoughts? [Re: furball]
Senor Eduardo_82 Offline
miataist
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Ca�ada
https://thebigstorypodcast.ca/2020/07/14/safe-return-to-school-covid-19/
#9858952 - 07/15/20 10:38 AM Re: Kids back to school in Sept...thoughts? [Re: Senor Eduardo_82]
Risky Business Offline
Provides a Great Work Environment. he/him
Post Master Supreme

We are going to delay everything school/daycare related until March/April 2021, too much uncertainty over the winter/2nd wave.
#9859095 - 07/15/20 12:18 PM Re: Kids back to school in Sept...thoughts? [Re: Risky Business]
355-Si Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Toronto, Ontario
 Originally Posted By: Risky Business
We are going to delay everything school/daycare related until March/April 2021, too much uncertainty over the winter/2nd wave.

This seems fair. I'd explore this.
I'm thankful my youngest isn't a hands-in-mouth kind of kid.
Everyone said once he started JK, he'd be sick all the time. It's been three years of school and he's been sick once. Thank goodness.

#9859273 - 07/15/20 02:25 PM Re: Kids back to school in Sept...thoughts? [Re: 355-Si]
Screamin Type ARGH! Offline
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

Loc: T.O. - Canaduh
i'm ok with them going back, so long as processes are followed to the best of the school's ability.

the only x-factor I (we) of course all hate and worry about is the dumbass who sends their sick child to school, or the sick adult that comes to work

"Ban low performance drivers, not high performance cars"

#9859370 - 07/15/20 03:09 PM Re: Kids back to school in Sept...thoughts? [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
titty sprinkles Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto,Ontario
infections will spread no matter what even if it's one week back and one week at home, this will do nothing to prevent the spread of things so either send them back full time or not at all.

it's been difficult finding child care since this all started. kid is at home but i'm still working, luckily my gf is working from home for now but at some point they are going to have to address the fact that people will need to go back into the office etc and their kids will be at home if they keep schools closed.

#9859386 - 07/15/20 03:18 PM Re: Kids back to school in Sept...thoughts? [Re: Big Tasty]
SuPeR-MaRiO Offline
Post Master Sr

I'm with OP regarding managing multiple kids at home while you yourself are trying to WFH but I just don't understand how they are going to pull off anything but full-time. There are just so many factors to take into consideration.
#9859496 - 07/15/20 04:29 PM Re: Kids back to school in Sept...thoughts? [Re: SuPeR-MaRiO]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

Working from home and managing kids is just an impossibility, you end up half assing both (at least in my case).

I know there was an announcement about school openings today, I haven't seen it yet, but I highly doubt there is any sort of practical solution. It's just not possible as far as I am concerned until we have a vaccine/understand this better. Otherwise we are pissing against the wind (as far as schools are concerned).

I think the rest of the economy can move forward with masks/social distancing, but with parents not being able to find child care I think families have to accept one person has to leave their job to fill in the job of a teacher at home (for those of us with younger kids) there is no middle ground.

I have friends whose wives are taking sabbaticals/leaves of absence, others who were lucky enough found full time/part time nannies to mange the day to day supervision/schooling.

#9859679 - 07/15/20 09:09 PM Re: Kids back to school in Sept...thoughts? [Re: Risky Business]
The Postman Offline
A-List Member also The Man
Post Master Sr

Havent kids been home all year already due to another teacher strike? Whats another couple of months due to covid?
#9859904 - 07/16/20 09:22 AM Re: Kids back to school in Sept...thoughts? [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
355-Si Offline
Post Master Sr

Originally Posted By: Screamin Type ARGH!
the only x-factor I (we) of course all hate and worry about is the dumbass who sends their sick child to school, or the sick adult that comes to work

Yeah, that’s a huge X Factor.

#9860056 - 07/16/20 11:33 AM Re: Kids back to school in Sept...thoughts? [Re: The Postman]
Hatorade Offline
pheggit
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: The Postman
Havent kids been home all year already due to another teacher strike? Whats another couple of months due to covid?

Says the guy with no kids lol

It’s been a huge adjustment having the kid home. I’m also in agreement with the schools needing to open full or not at all. The virtual online classes were a joke, yes it was better than nothing but far from ideal. Parents became teachers and as if they didn’t have work of their own to do.

'07 997.1 GT3
'08 E90 M3
'11 E90 d
'02 Rota Grid - 195-55-16FR (RIP)
'04 Volk GTC - 245-35-19F/275-35-19R (Sold to a farm boi)
I thought Spark was a robot from the old movie and I kind of remember seeing him telling some engineer showing the equation for a clear metal that the guy would event years later - porschetr

#9860380 - 07/16/20 03:50 PM Re: Kids back to school in Sept...thoughts? [Re: Hatorade]
titty sprinkles Offline
Post Master Supreme

#9860463 - 07/16/20 05:11 PM Re: Kids back to school in Sept...thoughts? [Re: titty sprinkles]
Big Tasty Offline
Post Master Supreme

I'm opting for both myself^
#9860718 - 07/17/20 07:14 AM Re: Kids back to school in Sept...thoughts? [Re: Big Tasty]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

#9861374 - 07/17/20 09:21 PM Re: Kids back to school in Sept...thoughts? [Re: furball]
A2B-Lexus Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Raptors Land
My daughter is 2 so thankfully we don't have to worry about this yet.

She goes to Grandmas so we actually aren't affected with childcare. I feel the safest is having them at home. If everyone is at home, they are all behind so it's not that bad? Better behind than dead.

#9861864 - 07/18/20 10:28 PM Re: Kids back to school in Sept...thoughts? [Re: furball]
BroKe Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Markham, Ontario
 Originally Posted By: furball

Haha hilarious lol

#9862342 - 07/19/20 08:38 PM Re: Kids back to school in Sept...thoughts? [Re: BroKe]
loudsubz Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Ontario, Canada
My wife and I are not in full agreement.

She being a teacher wants to go back, the online lesson plans are too much work for ROI. Kids don't want to participate anymore. Near the end she would hardly have any kids submitting quizes/tests etc and when she did online meetings she would have like 5 kids join. You can't blame the parents as they had enough to worry about on their plate, but you also can't blame teachers as these were uncharted waters and the new online curriculum was basically thrown at them and they had to do their best.

I don't think I will ever feel safe sending my kids back. We already opted to keep the youngest out of daycare when it reopened until my wife has to go back (if that happens in Sept) and we still don't know what type of program they will have setup for the kids going back to school.

All we know is doing online/in class alternating days most likely won't fly with most teachers

#9862457 - 07/20/20 08:39 AM Re: Kids back to school in Sept...thoughts? [Re: loudsubz]
Big Tasty Offline
Post Master Supreme

My kids are in french immersion which adds more complication to the mix. They need the face to face learning or else the language aspect will go out the window. Teachers will do their best but their efforts will be with the kids they have in front of them in whatever capacity that is.

Schooling from home will amount to homework sheets which will more than likely fall behind as that will be extra review for the teachers on top of their regular class sessions and it will not be enough for a full week's worth of education for the students.

#9862682 - 07/20/20 11:54 AM Re: Kids back to school in Sept...thoughts? [Re: Big Tasty]
hyper-s2k Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: T dot O dot, Canada
@loudsubz - just curious, what grade does your wife teach? not sure if older kids will have a higher reception rate.

both the wife and i are on the same boat: getting them back to school is preferred -- they need the social factor (virtually doesn't count) and we can't keep them in the bubble forever.

luckily both of us have jobs that can work from home (wife's job has been virtual for a couple of years now - she just shows up at the office once or twice a week for the social factor); I show up at the office for mine because the bosses above are old school (banks -- go figure).

we're blessed that both kids are healthy (no auto-immune illness or whatever that would make us stressed out) - so we try to be "normal" but just constantly remind them to wash hands and not touch their face; both kids are used to wearing masks

my daughter is starting gr. 9 - so she's relatively independent; she stuck w/ all her work since March (was actually stressed that the teacher piled on more than she would have had if she was in class); but she pushed through and finished the year. her report card was decent; but not anywhere close to being near the top -- she knows what kind of marks she needs in HS; so the pushing will start with this year.

my son will switch to public for gr. 1 -- he's currently in a private (non-profit) facility and we're very happy with the protocol that's in place (today is his first day back in the summer program); i.e. daily screenings of all kids; contactless pick up and drop off (no parents / visitors allowed in the building); scheduled pick up and drop offs.

compared to friends' experiences; ours haven't been too horrible as my girl can watch the boy when both the wife and i are on our respective conf calls -- we kept the boy busy with a fixed set of work he has to do before he can play video games to minimize falling behind when he goes to gr. 1: (read english, read and writing chinese [remember words], math and english written exercises).

but basically when we work, they work -- then we play together; i will drop what i'm doing to help out their work and just off load my work to after hours; its actually better for myself that way

like with my girl - will probably sign him up for kumon to keep his math sharp (gotta keep up w/ that asian standard - lol) --
'03 s2k - now @ 80,xxx km - a2a car
'08 535i - sold @ 149,421 km - cashed out just in time!
'08 impreza 2.5i - sold @ - 64,147 km - smh POS
'01 rav4 - killed @ 155,879 km - RIP old friend

"Driving in the snow is like sex. If you want to avoid accidents, abstinence is the best policy. If you're gonna take her for a spin, use protection." - Rick Mercer

#9862837 - 07/20/20 01:26 PM Re: Kids back to school in Sept...thoughts? [Re: hyper-s2k]
BroKe Offline
Post Master Sr

I feel the same way about schools.opening as I do about offices, bars, gyms.

Too soon.

#9862856 - 07/20/20 01:46 PM Re: Kids back to school in Sept...thoughts? [Re: Big Tasty]
355-Si Offline
Post Master Sr

Originally Posted By: Big Tasty
My kids are in french immersion which adds more complication to the mix. They need the face to face learning or else the language aspect will go out the window. Teachers will do their best but their efforts will be with the kids they have in front of them in whatever capacity that is.

Schooling from home will amount to homework sheets which will more than likely fall behind as that will be extra review for the teachers on top of their regular class sessions and it will not be enough for a full week's worth of education for the students.

My kid too... I haven't paid much attention to things but was told recently that there would be issues with French Immersions starting up again. Concerning to say the least.

#9869414 - 07/30/20 08:16 AM Re: Kids back to school in Sept...thoughts? [Re: 355-Si]
Big Tasty Offline
Post Master Supreme

Announcement today at 1:30 from Lecce on schools for fall.
#9869431 - 07/30/20 08:48 AM Re: Kids back to school in Sept...thoughts? [Re: Big Tasty]
Senor Eduardo_82 Offline
miataist
Post Master Supreme

Everyone back to school! = 90% outrage
Everyone virtual school! = 90% outrage
Everyone 50 - 50 school! = 90% outrage

#9869439 - 07/30/20 09:11 AM Re: Kids back to school in Sept...thoughts? [Re: Senor Eduardo_82]
Big Tasty Offline
Post Master Supreme

pretty much sums it up.
#9869721 - 07/30/20 12:26 PM Re: Kids back to school in Sept...thoughts? [Re: Big Tasty]
Senor Eduardo_82 Offline
miataist
Post Master Supreme

https://twitter.com/richard680news/status/1288885732040486918?s=20
#9869767 - 07/30/20 01:03 PM Re: Kids back to school in Sept...thoughts? [Re: Senor Eduardo_82]
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/covid-19-coronavirus-ontario-july-30-back-to-school-1.5668495

back to school 100% thank alllllllaaah lol.
glad to see there's budget for stuff as well...the feds better fucking help out.
all good with kids wearing (cloth) masks. hope they space htem out on the buses and the classes. not sure how recess will be handled? lol

but man it will come down to the fams/parents re. sickness, they BETTER fucking keep a kid home that shows a hint of signs.

#9869777 - 07/30/20 01:11 PM Re: Kids back to school in Sept...thoughts? [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
Big Tasty Offline
Post Master Supreme

Hell, check temps in the class and if over a certain amount then call the parents to pick them up.

I'm fine with masks at school but will need to stock up though. Kid comes home, oops left it on the bus/at school/on the play ground....I dunno, i had it earlier.

#9869782 - 07/30/20 01:15 PM Re: Kids back to school in Sept...thoughts? [Re: Big Tasty]
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

Hell, check temps in the class and if over a certain amount then call the parents to pick them up.

I'm fine with masks at school but will need to stock up though. Kid comes home, oops left it on the bus/at school/on the play ground....I dunno, i had it earlier.

exactly, check temps for sure. and TONS of common sense we'd hope from ppl.

yeah re. masks - the school will give each kid 1 cloth mask...we'll see how long that takes to disappear lol. wifey already ordered some cloth ones like 2 months ago. adult/kid set from old navy and from beselfless https://bselflessapparel.com/ - local richmond hill med grad making them. we also have a box of true N95's in the basement in case shit hits the fan (again).

also just used those cheapo paper ones when out and about / at work mainly tho.

Edited by Screamin Type ARGH! (07/30/20 01:16 PM)

#9869827 - 07/30/20 01:39 PM Re: Kids back to school in Sept...thoughts? [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
Senor Eduardo_82 Offline
miataist
Post Master Supreme

LOL.... kids are gonna go to school wearing a Dora mask. Come home with a My Little Pony mask. "I traded with Maya!"

It's gonna happen

#9869831 - 07/30/20 01:42 PM Re: Kids back to school in Sept...thoughts? [Re: Senor Eduardo_82]
Senor Eduardo_82 Offline
miataist
Post Master Supreme

Heh....

Quote:
Ontario Liberal Leader Steven Del Duca: “Doug Ford’s half-baked plan to reopen schools is nothing short of a catastrophe” “Parents across Ontario have been waiting anxiously for a plan to reopen schools safely – today they got one written on the back of a napkin”

#9869896 - 07/30/20 02:21 PM Re: Kids back to school in Sept...thoughts? [Re: Senor Eduardo_82]
Big Tasty Offline
Post Master Supreme

Ouch.
#9870329 - 07/31/20 08:32 AM Re: Kids back to school in Sept...thoughts? [Re: Senor Eduardo_82]
SuPeR-MaRiO Offline
Post Master Sr

Originally Posted By: Senor Eduardo_82
LOL.... kids are gonna go to school wearing a Dora mask. Come home with a My Little Pony mask. "I traded with Maya!"

It's gonna happen

Quote:
Ontario Liberal Leader Steven Del Duca: “Doug Ford’s half-baked plan to reopen schools is nothing short of a catastrophe” “Parents across Ontario have been waiting anxiously for a plan to reopen schools safely – today they got one written on the back of a napkin”

Of course that's going to be their response.

#9870475 - 07/31/20 01:10 PM Re: Kids back to school in Sept...thoughts? [Re: SuPeR-MaRiO]
4Three Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Markham, ON, Canada
I feel like checking temps would only be useful if the kid gets symptoms. My take is, anyone sending their kids back in is probably not too worried about getting it, cause it'll happen. Way too many variables, and counting on all their classmates and their families to be responsible is just naive. But I also get that keeping them home forever isn't an option. Roll the dice!

Personally, I think we're gonna wait longer. I keep reading more studies on long term health affects which I find concerning.

#9870489 - 07/31/20 01:25 PM Re: Kids back to school in Sept...thoughts? [Re: 4Three]
BroKe Offline
Post Master Sr

TBH checking temps is all smoke in mirrors. Those things are inaccurate (I use it at my work). Just another fake precaution. If they really cared about the situation they'd actually give people covid tests like the NBA. But we all know that ain't happening, now everyone get back to work!
#9870539 - 07/31/20 02:22 PM Re: Kids back to school in Sept...thoughts? [Re: BroKe]
titty sprinkles Offline
Post Master Supreme

good. it's been a bitch because i've never been off work since covid started and finding child care has hit the pocket a bit and just been a pain. kids also need to be in the classroom, they arn't learning shit at home. ya they do whatever online but then hit the ps4 right after all day.

#9903484 - 09/15/20 01:00 PM Re: Kids back to school in Sept...thoughts? [Re: titty sprinkles]
Big Tasty Offline
Post Master Supreme

School starts tomorrow for us, will be interesting to see how it all plays out. Looks like there will be about 60% of the students going back for us with the remainder online. Not sure what's happening with the school bus as of yet though.
#9904342 - 09/16/20 12:23 PM Re: Kids back to school in Sept...thoughts? [Re: Big Tasty]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

My sister has 2 kids returning to high school...

I can feel her stress levels with the school schedule just oozing ... It's ... really fucking bad.

2 kids to drop off at different times/days/locations, schedule changes every 12 days or something? and the online days are also fucked as she has to help them get online etc....

Like... Damn. If going out during COVID isn't stressful enough...

Have a cousin's who's doing ELE (basically daycare?) and .. she's a full-on stressball as it's next to impossible not to get infected...

#9904528 - 09/16/20 03:08 PM Re: Kids back to school in Sept...thoughts? [Re: furball]
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

thanks CHOYNAAAa

#9904710 - 09/16/20 08:09 PM Re: Kids back to school in Sept...thoughts? [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
loudsubz Offline
Post Master Supreme

got to thank the lazy ass pathetic school board for dropping the ball big time on this as well

My wife (teacher with peel) just found out what she is teaching this year for online. She has moved classrooms and then was told she might go back to a regular class, but thankfully is doing online from within the school.

Her principal was almost in tears as the board put all the pressure on each school to figure out how the whole online thing would play out and who would be teaching it etc, not to mention all the other responsibilities the principal already have dealing with covid protocols and procedures.

To top that off, nobody can give a clear answer on what to do if there is a confirmed case, do you quarantine? Do family members/kids also quarantine for 14 days in case its already spread within the home from school etc

ughhh

#9905625 - 09/18/20 12:41 AM Re: Kids back to school in Sept...thoughts? [Re: loudsubz]
hyper-s2k Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: T dot O dot, Canada
full week 1 is in the books - we're pretty lucky.

the big one just has to go in every other day for her first period class which is gym for 2.5 hr. (lol) - so the other days she's home, she doesn't need to do anything (all afternoon classes are virtual anyways). good to have her home for lunch - less packing the night before lol.

period 2 class at school will be starting in a couple of weeks - will see how that fairs.

the little guy's slowly adjusting - got called out by the teacher on his 2nd day in school for not listening and then arguing at recess (reminds him to "use kind words" -- lord knows what he said) great start

mask is optional for his grade; we made him put one on - he's been good with it (doesn't bother using the back up masks after lunch - he says he just yanks down the one from morning to his chin so he can eat -- good enough for me)

how's everyone else doing?
'03 s2k - now @ 80,xxx km - a2a car
'08 535i - sold @ 149,421 km - cashed out just in time!
'08 impreza 2.5i - sold @ - 64,147 km - smh POS
'01 rav4 - killed @ 155,879 km - RIP old friend

"Driving in the snow is like sex. If you want to avoid accidents, abstinence is the best policy. If you're gonna take her for a spin, use protection." - Rick Mercer

#9905691 - 09/18/20 09:00 AM Re: Kids back to school in Sept...thoughts? [Re: hyper-s2k]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

https://www.blogto.com/city/2020/09/covid-cases-ontario-schools-rose-50-overnight/

Quote:
Local schools with at least one confirmed student, staff or "unidentified" case as of this morning are:

École Ronald-Marion (Pickering)
St. Joseph Secondary School (Mississauga)
St. Raphael Elementary School (Mississauga)
St. Valentine Elementary School (Mississauga)
Mapleridge Public School (Pickering)
St. Marguerite d’Youville Catholic Elementary School (Oakville)
Oodeenawi Public School (Oakville)
Briarwood Public School (Mississauga)
Eden Rose Public School (Brampton)
Ingleborough Public School (Brampton)
John Fraser Secondary School (Mississauga)
Louise Arbour Secondary School (Brampton)
Mountain Ash Public School (Brampton)
Peel District School Board North Field Office (Brampton)
Robert J. Lee Public School (Brampton)
Ross Drive Public School (Brampton)
Ruth Thompson Middle School (Mississauga)
The Valleys Senior Public School (Mississauga)
Tribune Drive Public School (Brampton)
William Parkway Public School (Brampton)
Bloordale Middle School (Toronto)
Brookhaven Public School (Toronto)
Charles G Fraser Junior Public School (Toronto)
Don Mills Middle School (Toronto)
Earl Haig Secondary School (Toronto)
School for Experiential Education (Toronto)
York Mills Collegiate Institute (Toronto)
Blue Willow Public School (Woodbridge)
Dr. Roberta Bondar Public School (Maple)
Little Rouge Public School (Markham)
Sir Wilfrid Laurier Public School (Markham)

#9905860 - 09/18/20 12:02 PM Re: Kids back to school in Sept...thoughts? [Re: furball]
Senor Eduardo_82 Offline
miataist
Post Master Supreme

GTA school shutdown is coming for sure.
#9906037 - 09/18/20 04:21 PM Re: Kids back to school in Sept...thoughts? [Re: Senor Eduardo_82]
SuPeR-MaRiO Offline
Post Master Sr

Or this will be the new norm. Otherwise, they'll all get shutdown again.
#9906367 - 09/19/20 03:18 AM Re: Kids back to school in Sept...thoughts? [Re: SuPeR-MaRiO]
oldschoolcivicgu Offline

There is supposedly a case confirmed at a local school in Sudbury. Will keep updated.

Edit: Cancel that, damn Karen false alarm.

Edited by oldschoolcivicgu (09/19/20 03:20 AM)

#9906525 - 09/19/20 12:43 PM Re: Kids back to school in Sept...thoughts? [Re: Senor Eduardo_82]
loudsubz Offline
Post Master Supreme

lets hope not, and pray the measures they have put into place will help keep outbreaks small and within the same class

if they do a school shutdown do they expect everyone to quit work and stay home with their kids? Can only prop up the economy so much

Edited by loudsubz (09/19/20 12:43 PM)

#9906526 - 09/19/20 12:44 PM Re: Kids back to school in Sept...thoughts? [Re: furball]
loudsubz Offline
Post Master Supreme

https://www.blogto.com/city/2020/09/covid-cases-ontario-schools-rose-50-overnight/

Quote:
Local schools with at least one confirmed student, staff or "unidentified" case as of this morning are:

École Ronald-Marion (Pickering)
St. Joseph Secondary School (Mississauga)
St. Raphael Elementary School (Mississauga)
St. Valentine Elementary School (Mississauga)
Mapleridge Public School (Pickering)
St. Marguerite d’Youville Catholic Elementary School (Oakville)
Oodeenawi Public School (Oakville)
Briarwood Public School (Mississauga)
Eden Rose Public School (Brampton)
Ingleborough Public School (Brampton)
John Fraser Secondary School (Mississauga)
Louise Arbour Secondary School (Brampton)
Mountain Ash Public School (Brampton)
Peel District School Board North Field Office (Brampton)
Robert J. Lee Public School (Brampton)
Ross Drive Public School (Brampton)
Ruth Thompson Middle School (Mississauga)
The Valleys Senior Public School (Mississauga)
Tribune Drive Public School (Brampton)
William Parkway Public School (Brampton)
Bloordale Middle School (Toronto)
Brookhaven Public School (Toronto)
Charles G Fraser Junior Public School (Toronto)
Don Mills Middle School (Toronto)
Earl Haig Secondary School (Toronto)
School for Experiential Education (Toronto)
York Mills Collegiate Institute (Toronto)
Blue Willow Public School (Woodbridge)
Dr. Roberta Bondar Public School (Maple)
Little Rouge Public School (Markham)
Sir Wilfrid Laurier Public School (Markham)

whats scary is they are so hush hush about it (privacy act)

there was a case at a neighboring school where the bus driver had it, but they had to figure that out on their own by following the clues lol

#9906811 - 09/20/20 08:59 AM Re: Kids back to school in Sept...thoughts? [Re: loudsubz]
Senor Eduardo_82 Offline
miataist
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: loudsubz

lets hope not, and pray the measures they have put into place will help keep outbreaks small and within the same class

if they do a school shutdown do they expect everyone to quit work and stay home with their kids? Can only prop up the economy so much

Listen. Do you hear it? It’s getting closer:

Quote:
A Catholic elementary school in Barrhaven, a suburb of Ottawa, has been ordered to shut down for at least two week due to reported cases of COVID-19.

#9907061 - 09/20/20 06:27 PM Re: Kids back to school in Sept...thoughts? [Re: Senor Eduardo_82]
loudsubz Offline
Post Master Supreme

Listen. Do you hear it? It’s getting closer:

Quote:
A Catholic elementary school in Barrhaven, a suburb of Ottawa, has been ordered to shut down for at least two week due to reported cases of COVID-19.

Thats normal and expected, what many people are saying is full shutdown for good, online learning only. Not sure how they would expect that to play out unless it was CERB money for everyone. The procedure is not much different for outbreaks at a companies, shutdown, thorough cleaning then re open after a couple weeks.

#9911934 - 09/27/20 08:19 PM Re: Kids back to school in Sept...thoughts? [Re: Senor Eduardo_82]
Senor Eduardo_82 Offline
miataist
Post Master Supreme

And another one....

https://twitter.com/richard680news/status/1310387652395511808?s=21

#9911945 - 09/27/20 08:30 PM Re: Kids back to school in Sept...thoughts? [Re: Senor Eduardo_82]
loudsubz Offline
Post Master Supreme

whats your point? this is bound to happen. It's per school. Other schools have had a couple cases in each class but the health unit decides how many students get infected before that class/school gets shut down, cleaned, rinse and repeat.

#9912040 - 09/28/20 05:59 AM Re: Kids back to school in Sept...thoughts? [Re: loudsubz]
c2k Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Wiesloch-Walldorf, Germany
Im hearing rumblings that school will shut down by thanksgiving weekend.

#9912060 - 09/28/20 08:06 AM Re: Kids back to school in Sept...thoughts? [Re: loudsubz]
Senor Eduardo_82 Offline
miataist
Post Master Supreme

whats your point? this is bound to happen. It's per school. Other schools have had a couple cases in each class but the health unit decides how many students get infected before that class/school gets shut down, cleaned, rinse and repeat.

It's nice that you're so non-chalant about this, I think that general attitude will serve us well when this happens more and more in the coming weeks.

It seems to have worked for Florida.

#9912062 - 09/28/20 08:13 AM Re: Kids back to school in Sept...thoughts? [Re: c2k]
Big Tasty Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: c2k

Ya one of our kid's teacher was saying he wouldn't be surprised if we shut down again by then.

#9912101 - 09/28/20 09:57 AM Re: Kids back to school in Sept...thoughts? [Re: Big Tasty]
SuPeR-MaRiO Offline
Post Master Sr

Originally Posted By: c2k

Ya one of our kid's teacher was saying he wouldn't be surprised if we shut down again by then.

A lot of people working within School Boards are sharing similar thoughts/feedback. And yet others are stating there is no way that the schools and other industries will shutdown again because of the impact it will have on the economy. The only question I have is, if so many people within the School Boards are voicing this, is there any planning going on in anticipation of this possibility?

#9912110 - 09/28/20 10:21 AM Re: Kids back to school in Sept...thoughts? [Re: SuPeR-MaRiO]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

The school board is the problem here, no guidance, no leadership, left the schools to fend for themselves. Planning? lol "unprecedented times bro" the script still works 6 months in
#9912116 - 09/28/20 10:29 AM Re: Kids back to school in Sept...thoughts? [Re: Risky Business]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

Wait until we get SOME kind of vaccine made available...

TP and hand sanitizer rush at the height of COVID? That'll be nothing compared to the vaccine run ...

#9912124 - 09/28/20 10:39 AM Re: Kids back to school in Sept...thoughts? [Re: furball]
zaius Offline
Post Master Sr

700 cases today boys. don't think they'll remain open.

#9912169 - 09/28/20 11:22 AM Re: Kids back to school in Sept...thoughts? [Re: zaius]
SuPeR-MaRiO Offline
Post Master Sr

Wait until we get SOME kind of vaccine made available...

TP and hand sanitizer rush at the height of COVID? That'll be nothing compared to the vaccine run ...

Didn't it take five years to turn around the fastest vaccine? How comfortable are you to take this vaccine if its provided within a year or so? Some are saying the vaccine has been in the works for a few years now.

Originally Posted By: zaius
700 cases today boys. don't think they'll remain open.

Yes that definitely doesn't look good on the surface, but is that a result of the significantly more testing that's happening now versus earlier in the year?

#9912258 - 09/28/20 12:54 PM Re: Kids back to school in Sept...thoughts? [Re: SuPeR-MaRiO]
c2k Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Wiesloch-Walldorf, Germany
I can assure you that it will not be a provincial wide lock-down. It does not make sense that Sudbury should lock down when they have only 2 cases or let alone bumblefuck, ontario with 10 cases in comparison to Toronto new 324 cases today.

#9912352 - 09/28/20 01:57 PM Re: Kids back to school in Sept...thoughts? [Re: c2k]
loudsubz Offline
Post Master Supreme

I'm ok for school closures if parents are allowed to quit and apply for CERB without any issues. I'll gladly watch my kids and help them do home schooling.

Just borrow some more money \:\)

#9912356 - 09/28/20 01:58 PM Re: Kids back to school in Sept...thoughts? [Re: Risky Business]
loudsubz Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: Risky Business
The school board is the problem here, no guidance, no leadership, left the schools to fend for themselves. Planning? lol "unprecedented times bro" the script still works 6 months in

10000000% spot on

My wife is still hearing about proceedures if x y z happens. Nobody knows, nobody has a plan.

#9912359 - 09/28/20 02:00 PM Re: Kids back to school in Sept...thoughts? [Re: Senor Eduardo_82]
loudsubz Offline
Post Master Supreme

It's nice that you're so non-chalant about this, I think that general attitude will serve us well when this happens more and more in the coming weeks.

It's a balance...what do you want them to do? Already so many jobs that may not bounce back, nothing will be "back to normal" if they just shut down more and people have to quit or take extended leave there goes more potential jobs lost if they are not there when it "bounces back"

Theres no right answer here. When this first started people thought shutting down for 2 weeks would help....nooppppeee...what month is this now?

#9912635 - 09/28/20 06:47 PM Re: Kids back to school in Sept...thoughts? [Re: Senor Eduardo_82]
BroKe Offline
Post Master Sr

also, that 2 week "lockdown" at the beginning wasn't even a real lockdown. people were still going out and meeting up without masks and no social distancing and no enforcement. not surprised it didn't do much other than slow the spread for a bit.we went into phase 3 wayyyy too soon. and schools shouldn't haven't opened back either because they weren't properly prepared to.

#9912665 - 09/28/20 07:45 PM Re: Kids back to school in Sept...thoughts? [Re: BroKe]
loudsubz Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: BroKe

also, that 2 week "lockdown" at the beginning wasn't even a real lockdown. people were still going out and meeting up without masks and no social distancing and no enforcement. not surprised it didn't do much other than slow the spread for a bit.we went into phase 3 wayyyy too soon. and schools shouldn't haven't opened back either because they weren't properly prepared to.

its all about the awareness, even now you see they are still partying and younger generations are still not wearing masks, so not much has changed since the beginning lockdown.

I agree schools werent ready, but the pressure was mounting so they had to come up with a decisoion. Not everyone was able to work from home so what do they do with their kids? If the govt made it a little easier maybe the solution would have been thought out a little more

#9913200 - 09/29/20 02:42 PM Re: Kids back to school in Sept...thoughts? [Re: BroKe]
loudsubz Offline
Post Master Supreme

kids getting sick with the regular flu/cold is also going to be a big cluster...

kid in daycare already got sent home for a runny nose. Had to do the covid check and wait for results before they can go back. Kids are sick so often in the fall/winter, if its 3-4 days each time I can only imagine how messed up this is going to be.

Page all of 2 12>

Moderator:  c2k, LNXGUY, TheRealCSnapper, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads