Page 8 of 16 « First<678910>Last »
Topic Options
#9769899 - 03/30/20 07:02 PM Re: Chinese New year corona special $4. [Re: 355-Si]
The Postman Offline
A-List Member also The Man
Post Master Sr

My wife is a trooper. If the world went to shit, the PPE runs out, if she had 500 patients in her ER, would prob still show up to work. Her biggest concern isnt getting sick and dying, but making others sick because she has been exposed.

ER people dealing with sick and dying COVID patients, plus the normal car accident, injured, etc and EMTs walking into an unknown call get all my respect.

I get really irritated when I see some soccer mom wearing gloves and a mask when the medics and nurses face shortages.

#9770373 - 03/31/20 01:25 PM Re: Chinese New year corona special $4. [Re: The Postman]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Toronto, ON
\:\| Where's our resident medic ...

#9770549 - 03/31/20 03:02 PM Re: Chinese New year corona special $4. [Re: furball]
355-Si Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Toronto, Ontario
 Originally Posted By: furball
:| Where's our resident medic ...

#9771028 - 03/31/20 08:45 PM Re: Chinese New year corona special $4. [Re: 355-Si]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

So, is that the new standard for Ontario? For Canada? For US?

I mean, CPR also means using the bag ventilator thingie and chest compressions, no? That's also no longer standard medical procedure thingie? :|.

If that's the case, fuck me man ... That's fucked.

Originally Posted By: 355-Si

#9771064 - 03/31/20 09:33 PM Re: Chinese New year corona special $4. [Re: furball]
A2B-Lexus Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Raptors Land
Hope you all stay safe out there.

My Mom lives in a condo. Being a cancer survivor, I just told her to stay put and I'll bring her groceries. Being in a condo seems to add more exposure.

#9771082 - 03/31/20 10:26 PM Re: Chinese New year corona special $4. [Re: A2B-Lexus]
Hatorade Offline
pheggit
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: A2B-Lexus

My Mom lives in a condo. Being a cancer survivor, I just told her to stay put and I'll bring her groceries. Being in a condo seems to add more exposure.

For sure when in the elevator If there are other people. Hope your mom is ok.

'07 997.1 GT3
'08 E90 M3
'11 E90 d
'02 Rota Grid - 195-55-16FR (RIP)
'04 Volk GTC - 245-35-19F/275-35-19R (Sold to a farm boi)
I thought Spark was a robot from the old movie and I kind of remember seeing him telling some engineer showing the equation for a clear metal that the guy would event years later - porschetr

#9771130 - 04/01/20 05:34 AM Re: Chinese New year corona special $4. [Re: A2B-Lexus]
Risky Business Offline
Provides a Great Work Environment. he/him
Post Master Supreme

If possible when bringing her groceries leave them on a balcony for a day or two if possible so if there is any trace of the virus it dies off.

All mail/deliveries I quarantine in the garage for 48 hours before bringing into the house.

#9771135 - 04/01/20 06:14 AM Re: Chinese New year corona special $4. [Re: Risky Business]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

CDC's changing their tune on the public/everyone wearing masks ... world run on masks will make the TP run look like a walk in the park.

Edited by furball (04/01/20 06:14 AM)

#9771142 - 04/01/20 06:58 AM Re: Chinese New year corona special $4. [Re: furball]
BroKe Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Markham, Ontario
Asians were never listening to cdc on masks. They knew from time what was up. Which is why there are no more left. I bought a few back in Jan and was already hard to get then.
#9771373 - 04/01/20 10:08 AM Re: Chinese New year corona special $4. [Re: Risky Business]
loudsubz Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Ontario, Canada
 Originally Posted By: Risky Business

If possible when bringing her groceries leave them on a balcony for a day or two if possible so if there is any trace of the virus it dies off.

All mail/deliveries I quarantine in the garage for 48 hours before bringing into the house.

good tips
if you need them right away you could spray them with a quick bleach/water solution and wipe down

#9771375 - 04/01/20 10:09 AM Re: Chinese New year corona special $4. [Re: furball]
loudsubz Offline
Post Master Supreme

CDC's changing their tune on the public/everyone wearing masks ... world run on masks will make the TP run look like a walk in the park.

I was watching some documentaries about other cultures always wearing masks in public when you are sick, makes perfect sense so the sick person doesn't transmit to others, are they saying even if you aren't sick to wear a mask?

#9771396 - 04/01/20 10:23 AM Re: Chinese New year corona special $4. [Re: Risky Business]
loudsubz Offline
Post Master Supreme

on the flip side there is this, but to each their own

https://vitals.lifehacker.com/you-dont-n...ccFjZsCd7Qc19ow

#9771479 - 04/01/20 11:17 AM Re: Chinese New year corona special $4. [Re: loudsubz]
BroKe Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Markham, Ontario
You may not know you have covid and could be spreading it if you are still going out. Better to wear a mask. Every better to just stay home

Edited by BroKe (04/01/20 11:14 PM)

#9771526 - 04/01/20 11:42 AM Re: Chinese New year corona special $4. [Re: 355-Si]
4Three Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Markham, ON, Canada

Not performing CPR would go against the very oath they took. I'm sure they take every precaution to ensure they do it safely, or maybe for once, defer to the firefighters and give them a chance to feel important. 😁

You know who'll stopped doing CPR? Family members. "How I know they ain't got da 'rona? I bet they died cause da 'rona!" Guaranteed.

#9771595 - 04/01/20 12:33 PM Re: Chinese New year corona special $4. [Re: loudsubz]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

The whole premise of 'no need to wear a mask UNLESS you are sick or caring for someone who is sick', is true, to a point.

- You don't know when you are sick, i.e. usually this starts asymptomatic, at which point you're already dangerous to others
- Some go thru COVID-19 all the way without any symptoms (cue article in Iceland where 1% of those tested were positive, and of that 1%, 50% of them said they had no symptoms.)
- Wearing a mask also protects you from touching your own damn face, in the event you touched a contaminated surface.
- The 'no mask' thing is also so there's supply for those in true need. So in times of rationing, it makes sense to go with the 'no mask' logic.

Originally Posted By: loudsubz
are they saying even if you aren't sick to wear a mask?

#9771750 - 04/01/20 02:17 PM Re: Chinese New year corona special $4. [Re: furball]
SuPeR-MaRiO Offline
Post Master Sr

So the latest news seems to be that we'll be operating in this mode (WFH, lockdown, isolation etc) for another 3 months. To be honest, that sounds about right. Anyone who thought this was going to blow over by the end of April must be fooling themselves.
#9771818 - 04/01/20 03:47 PM Re: Chinese New year corona special $4. [Re: Risky Business]
Screamin Type ARGH! Offline
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

Loc: T.O. - Canaduh

overkill

"Ban low performance drivers, not high performance cars"

#9771952 - 04/01/20 05:46 PM Re: Chinese New year corona special $4. [Re: furball]
loudsubz Offline
Post Master Supreme

The whole premise of 'no need to wear a mask UNLESS you are sick or caring for someone who is sick', is true, to a point.

- You don't know when you are sick, i.e. usually this starts asymptomatic, at which point you're already dangerous to others
- Some go thru COVID-19 all the way without any symptoms (cue article in Iceland where 1% of those tested were positive, and of that 1%, 50% of them said they had no symptoms.)
- Wearing a mask also protects you from touching your own damn face, in the event you touched a contaminated surface.
- The 'no mask' thing is also so there's supply for those in true need. So in times of rationing, it makes sense to go with the 'no mask' logic.

are they saying even if you aren't sick to wear a mask?

i agree with those points

what about wearing masks over and over and becoming saturated with the virus or other bacteria in itself. I fear people will try and do that and end up getting sick because of that and touching the mask and then their face etc

#9771990 - 04/01/20 06:24 PM Re: Chinese New year corona special $4. [Re: loudsubz]
The Postman Offline
A-List Member also The Man
Post Master Sr

If you are sick, stay home and stay isolated.

Wifes ER is rationing supplies. She gets 2 N95 masks to wear for a 12hr shift.

#9772052 - 04/01/20 07:11 PM Re: Chinese New year corona special $4. [Re: The Postman]
loudsubz Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: The Postman
If you are sick, stay home and stay isolated.

Wifes ER is rationing supplies. She gets 2 N95 masks to wear for a 12hr shift.

agree but as mentioned lots of people are sick but dont show it so they go to work if their business is deemed "essential" and the cycle continues

not to mention every company out there that is deemed "essential" so owners are like "yup lets continue to work"

Edited by loudsubz (04/01/20 07:12 PM)

#9772132 - 04/01/20 08:22 PM Re: Chinese New year corona special $4. [Re: loudsubz]
A2B-Lexus Offline
Post Master Supreme

Thanks for the reminders.

All the mail and all the groceries we get online we wipe down with Clorox. I need to remind her to do the same with her mail.

#9772203 - 04/01/20 10:03 PM Re: Chinese New year corona special $4. [Re: furball]
SuPeR-MaRiO Offline
Post Master Sr

Apparently fines for not self-isolating are being handing out. On my fb feed:

Definition of self-isolating:
- NO symptoms, but a) came back from abroad, 14 days, or b) someone around you has COVID-19.

definition source: https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/s...risks.html#self

Police in GTA say they’re not issuing tickets to cars with multiple passengers

https://www.cp24.com/news/police-in-gta-...ngers-1.4878207

Quote:
Despite rumors circulating on social media,🚔#PRP🚔
are not issuing tickets under the Emergency Management and Civil Protection Act if there are 2+ people in a🚗. We recommend limiting the number of people in any 🚗 to family, to limit the spread of COVID-19 #KeepYourDistance

#9772231 - 04/01/20 11:30 PM Re: Chinese New year corona special $4. [Re: furball]
355-Si Offline
Post Master Sr

Sorry, I didn't realize there was a picture there initially.

Ok, so no CPR is in fact being "performed" in patients who are covid positive until paramedics arrive.
The reason is because CPR is an aerosol generating medical procedure and in performing it, you are rendering the virus airborne, which is the worst possible thing to do... especially when it remains airborne for several hours even when the case is over.

We did a cardiac arrest today.
I had CPR withheld until I intubated the patient.
Intubation, though an aerosol procedure, closes the airway circuit, thus rendering the environment free of aerosol for the remainder of the call (which can last a while if it's workable.)

Once intubation is established, start CPR, IV, drugs, defibrillation.
Closing the circuit is the most important thing... because it protects the team.

Sadly, Fire is gonna get roasted here, but I honestly don't care because you don't have to be me to see a problem with what happened.
Everyone in the world is aware that there is a shortage of PPE. Specifically N95s.
So we get on scene and fire shows up. There's a crew with the patient already... I'm the backup.
The fire crew isn't downstairs with the crew... they're outside.
The captain says "We're only going to send one in to limit exposure."
Fair... this is a good protocol for them.
So then please tell me why ALL of you are standing OUTSIDE with N95s on???
It won't be worn again... it shouldn't even be out. It should still be in the packaging in your pocket. You just wasted THREE masks.

For Christ's sakes. I even asked the Captain in a snarky tone "then why are you all wearing N95s?"
I didn't care about the answer because I was putting my shit on to go in... but like really come the fuck on

#9772232 - 04/01/20 11:33 PM Re: Chinese New year corona special $4. [Re: 4Three]
355-Si Offline
Post Master Sr

Originally Posted By: 4Three

Not performing CPR would go against the very oath they took. I'm sure they take every precaution to ensure they do it safely, or maybe for once, defer to the firefighters and give them a chance to feel important. 😁

You know who'll stopped doing CPR? Family members. "How I know they ain't got da 'rona? I bet they died cause da 'rona!" Guaranteed.

Also, we are calling for early pronouncement in systolic patients with unknown downtown.. which essentially means no upfront CPR because of aerosol.

Fire is useless more than ever now because they're so fucking scared to put on the big shoes and do medical calls like nurses and doctors (well, in fairness, it's their union who says they're amazing and needed on medicals.)

#9772310 - 04/02/20 07:41 AM Re: Chinese New year corona special $4. [Re: 355-Si]
Raocorp Offline
Cougar Slayer
Post Master Sr

Loc: Toronto
The moral of the story here is we all need to be careful and should only be doing things that are absolutely necessary.

I am not driving anywhere, going anywhere, or doing anything that I absolutely don't have to. I'm even going as far as being extra careful when using knives. The very last thing I want to do is accidentally hurt myself in any way and require hospital attention. So the safest thing to do now is absolutely nothing. Its all about risk, the only way to lower your risk is to reduce or eliminate an activity. I didn't even think about "routine" car accidents until someone mentioned else here mentioned it. The reason that one hit close to home is because yesterday I went to pick up the Mini from my brothers place and brought it home from winter storage. It was nice out so I took the long route home. Not even thinking about the possibility of a car accident, which is scary enough in a normal circumstance! Sure it was a nice day out but I saw SO many people hanging out, chilling with each other. Mind you this was in a lower income area I was driving through (Jane/Wilson) but still. Seems like people just aren't getting it. Its crazy to me.

This is our life for the next 6 months.....I pray to God everyday that the world get a hold of this.

What is happening in China? I thought I read a few weeks ago that they've finally got some kind of control on it? I'm not checking up on the stats of this thing everyday anymore. Its too depressing for me, and raises anxiety levels. I guess you could say in a way i'm burying my head in the sand but realistically I'm home and limiting my exposure anyway. I don't need to know that, for example, 1000 people died in one day from this.

#9772534 - 04/02/20 11:13 AM Re: Chinese New year corona special $4. [Re: Raocorp]
c2k Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Wiesloch-Walldorf, Germany
 Originally Posted By: Raocorp

What is happening in China? I thought I read a few weeks ago that they've finally got some kind of control on it? I'm not checking up on the stats of this thing everyday anymore. Its too depressing for me, and raises anxiety levels. I guess you could say in a way i'm burying my head in the sand but realistically I'm home and limiting my exposure anyway. I don't need to know that, for example, 1000 people died in one day from this.

I would take it with a grain of salt with what is happening in China. CCP is obviously sequestrating and downplaying COVID.

#9772707 - 04/02/20 01:11 PM Re: Chinese New year corona special $4. [Re: c2k]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

The video here, holy fuck re: US handling COVID-19. (especially the part re: refrigerated truck)

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/31/us/coronavirus-medical-shortages-us/index.html

#9772728 - 04/02/20 01:21 PM Re: Chinese New year corona special $4. [Re: furball]
c2k Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

The video here, holy fuck re: US handling COVID-19. (especially the part re: refrigerated truck)

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/31/us/coronavirus-medical-shortages-us/index.html

Trump is a winner on handling it.

January 22: “We have it totally under control. It’s one person coming in from China. It’s going to be just fine.”

February 2: “We pretty much shut it down coming in from China.”

February 24: “The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA… Stock Market starting to look very good to me!”

February 25: “CDC and my Administration are doing a GREAT job of handling Coronavirus.”

February 25: “I think that's a problem that’s going to go away… They have studied it. They know very much. In fact, we’re very close to a vaccine.”

February 26: “The 15 (cases in the US) within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero.”

February 26: “We're going very substantially down, not up.”

February 27: “One day it’s like a miracle, it will disappear.”

February 28: “We're ordering a lot of supplies. We're ordering a lot of, uh, elements that frankly we wouldn't be ordering unless it was something like this. But we're ordering a lot of different elements of medical.”

February 28: “Now the Democrats are politicizing the coronavirus, you know that, right? Coronavirus, they’re politicizing it. We did one of the great jobs. You say, ‘How’s President Trump doing?’ They go, ‘Oh, not good, not good.’ They have no clue. They don’t have any clue. They can’t even count their votes in Iowa.” “They tried the impeachment hoax. That was on a perfect conversation. They tried anything. They tried it over and over. They’d been doing it since you got in. It’s all turning. They lost. It’s all turning. Think of it. Think of it. And this is their new hoax.”

March 2: “You take a solid flu vaccine, you don't think that could have an impact, or much of an impact, on corona?”

March 2: “A lot of things are happening, a lot of very exciting things are happening and they’re happening very rapidly.”

March 4: “If we have thousands or hundreds of thousands of people that get better just by, you know, sitting around and even going to work — some of them go to work, but they get better.”

March 5: “I NEVER said people that are feeling sick should go to work.”

March 5: “The United States… has, as of now, only 129 cases… and 11 deaths. We are working very hard to keep these numbers as low as possible!”

March 6: “I think we’re doing a really good job in this country at keeping it down… a tremendous job at keeping it down.”

March 6: “Anybody right now, and yesterday, anybody that needs a test gets a test. They’re there. And the tests are beautiful…. the tests are all perfect like the letter was perfect. The transcription was perfect. Right? This was not as perfect as that but pretty good.”

March 6: “I like this stuff. I really get it. People are surprised that I understand it… Every one of these doctors said, ‘How do you know so much about this?’ Maybe I have a natural ability. Maybe I should have done that instead of running for president.”

March 6: “I don't need to have the numbers double because of one ship that wasn't our fault.”

March 8: “We have a perfectly coordinated and fine tuned plan at the White House for our attack on CoronaVirus.”

March 9: “This blindsided the world.”

Edit: March 9: "The Fake News Media and their partner, the Democrat Party, is doing everything within its semi-considerable power (it used to be greater!) to inflame the CoronaVirus situation, far beyond what the facts would warrant.”

March 10: "It will go away. Just stay calm. It will go away."

March 13: National Emergency Declaration

March 13: “I don't take responsibility at all”

March 15: "TODAY IS A NATIONAL DAY OF PRAYER. GOD BLESS EVERYONE!"

March 16: "I give myself a 10 out of 10"

March 16: “I’ve always known this is a, this is a real, this is a pandemic, I’ve felt it was a pandemic long before it was called a pandemic” source

March 17: "It snuck up on us." source

March 22: “It is absolutely critical that Americans continue to follow the federal government’s guidelines. So important about social distancing, non-essential travel, and hand-washing.”

March 23: Democratic concerns have focused on a $500 billion funding program Republicans want to create for loans and loan guarantees, with some Democrats calling it a “slush fund” that lacks any oversight because the Treasury Department would have broad discretion over who receives the money. Asked about this Monday evening, Trump responded, “I’ll be the oversight.” The vote Monday was 49 to 46, well short of the 60-vote threshold needed to advance the legislation for a final debate.

March 24: “THE CURE CANNOT BE WORSE (by far) THAN THE PROBLEM!”

#9772739 - 04/02/20 01:28 PM Re: Chinese New year corona special $4. [Re: c2k]
c2k Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

a tweet from ice t on new york trailer morgue

https://twitter.com/FINALLEVEL/status/1244677852286660614

\:\(

#9772741 - 04/02/20 01:29 PM Re: Chinese New year corona special $4. [Re: c2k]
loudsubz Offline
Post Master Supreme

applaud places like Taiwan, they were proactive as soon as the first cases started showing up in China, put on their big boy shoes and put in strict measures.

They are not locked down and going about day to day activities yet look at how low their stats are.

Everyone else....lets slowly ramp this up because it can't get "that bad" right

#9772759 - 04/02/20 01:41 PM Re: Chinese New year corona special $4. [Re: loudsubz]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

Every once in awhile, you read these gems ...

Cliffs Notes: Prato, Italy is the largest Chinese community in Italy. Locals looked at them like wtf masks wtf virus carriers. Next thing you know, infection/death rate in Italy thru the roof. Prato Asian population infection rate? 0.

Quote:
So as Italians headed to the ski slopes and crowded into cafes and bars as normal, the Chinese inhabitants of Prato had seemingly disappeared. Its streets, still festooned with Chinese New Year decorations, were semi-deserted, shops shuttered.

“Most of them looked at me like a Cassandra,” he said. “No one could believe it was happening here ... Now Troy is burning and we are all locked inside.”

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-healt...s-idUSKBN21I3I8

applaud places like Taiwan, they were proactive as soon as the first cases started showing up in China, put on their big boy shoes and put in strict measures.

#9772809 - 04/02/20 02:18 PM Re: Chinese New year corona special $4. [Re: furball]
Screamin Type ARGH! Offline
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

Loc: T.O. - Canaduh
cause taiwan knows china are lying pieces of shit and gave them the fuck you (like always lol). they knew what china was about to go thru and setup their own checks/balances and blocks in place right away. smart move.

"Ban low performance drivers, not high performance cars"

#9772826 - 04/02/20 02:36 PM Re: Chinese New year corona special $4. [Re: Raocorp]
355-Si Offline
Post Master Sr

My station is on Wilson between Jane and Keele.
That strip mall at Jane and Wilson is a bustling place... ain’t nobody distancing shit there.
And even the guy that was... he was sleeping under the sign drunk and someone had to call 911 anyways 🤦🏻‍♂️

#9773304 - 04/02/20 08:15 PM Re: Chinese New year corona special $4. [Re: 355-Si]
A2B-Lexus Offline
Post Master Supreme

The article said Chinese people elsewhere were self isolating well before. We noticed that in Markham. In January, it was noticeably less busy at restaurants and malls.

They were the Canary, they knew what was up.

Every once in awhile, you read these gems ...

Cliffs Notes: Prato, Italy is the largest Chinese community in Italy. Locals looked at them like wtf masks wtf virus carriers. Next thing you know, infection/death rate in Italy thru the roof. Prato Asian population infection rate? 0.

Quote:
So as Italians headed to the ski slopes and crowded into cafes and bars as normal, the Chinese inhabitants of Prato had seemingly disappeared. Its streets, still festooned with Chinese New Year decorations, were semi-deserted, shops shuttered.

“Most of them looked at me like a Cassandra,” he said. “No one could believe it was happening here ... Now Troy is burning and we are all locked inside.”

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-healt...s-idUSKBN21I3I8

#9773406 - 04/02/20 11:40 PM Re: Chinese New year corona special $4. [Re: A2B-Lexus]
355-Si Offline
Post Master Sr

2 covid calls yesterday.
4 very likely covid calls today.

I didn’t personally have any under my belt until 1.5 weeks ago... seems to be picking up..
Stay home stay safe.

The masks mean nothing if you still don’t wash your hands.

Page 8 of 16 « First<678910>Last »

Moderator:  c2k, LNXGUY, TheRealCSnapper, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads