Page 14 of 16 « First<1213141516>
Topic Options
#9800697 - 05/03/20 07:03 PM Re: Chinese New year corona special $4. [Re: Risky Business]
Senor Eduardo_82 Offline
miataist
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Ca�ada
Chapter 11 is a US code, doesn’t apply in Canada

https://petapixel.com/2020/05/02/henrys-canadas-top-photo-retailer-to-close-a-quarter-of-its-stores/

#9800854 - 05/04/20 01:17 AM Re: Chinese New year corona special $4. [Re: Risky Business]
JEFFOS Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto
 Originally Posted By: Risky Business
Sucks about Henry's, but I am not sure if there is any brick and mortar business that won't follow suit, at least they are doing it early on and not wasting time trying to keep shit afloat when there is no point. If they were able to do this quick chances are these stores were already on the chopping block for some time now. I think it's a good opportunity for a lot of these retailers to cut out the low performing profit centers via restructuring and double down on their profitable locations and online. It allows many to get out of long term leases/severance liabilities at a reduced cost if they do it now under these conditions than trying to maintain status quo.

This guy understands business

#9800892 - 05/04/20 07:22 AM Re: Chinese New year corona special $4. [Re: JEFFOS]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Toronto, ON
 Quote:
Customers at Longo’s locations across the Greater Toronto Area will now be required to wear masks or face coverings while shopping in the stores.

https://www.cp24.com/news/longo-s-says-c...tores-1.4923329

#9800895 - 05/04/20 07:31 AM Re: Chinese New year corona special $4. [Re: furball]
zaius Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Toronto
 Originally Posted By: furball
At a crown corp I used to work at .... they mandated a 20% reduction in fees that contractors can charge, so that kinda sucks.

Don't worry, they'll just take 50% longer to finish the task.

#9800952 - 05/04/20 09:18 AM Re: Chinese New year corona special $4. [Re: zaius]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

Costco Canada (Quebec), and Costco US mandating all customers wear face coverings of some kind effective today.

Costco Canada (ex-QC) still not mandatory as of now \:\|

Also @ Costco: Overheard by a friend ...

Some ransom smart-ass commented out loud as a HCW bypassed the line:

"I didn't realize I was getting heart-surgery at Costco today." \:\|

Edited by furball (05/04/20 09:26 AM)

#9801178 - 05/04/20 12:48 PM Re: Chinese New year corona special $4. [Re: furball]
porschetr Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: WBridge
 Quote:
Customers at Longo’s locations across the Greater Toronto Area will now be required to wear masks or face coverings while shopping in the stores.

https://www.cp24.com/news/longo-s-says-c...tores-1.4923329

The employee of Longo's been wearing masks for a couple of weeks now since two of their stores were affected.
Funny though, you can tell some of them don't want to wear masks. This old man who were restocking was only wearing on his mouth having the nose completely exposed.

Feel safer shopping at Asian grocery stores now. Everyone there including employees wear masks.
Went to Nations today, they were handing out gloves and masks as people enter.
No line ups.

Employees at these stores in Vaughan tested Positive.
Costco (Western/7) - happened last week but they kept it open.
Walmart (Maple) and Sobeys
https://www.cp24.com/mobile/news/two-emp...Rvs_Up6HUAeNfEE

#9801179 - 05/04/20 12:51 PM Re: Chinese New year corona special $4. [Re: porschetr]
Senor Eduardo_82 Offline
miataist
Post Master Supreme

Heh.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavirus/china-seizes-over-89-million-shoddy-face-masks-1.4912366

#9801184 - 05/04/20 12:55 PM Re: Chinese New year corona special $4. [Re: Risky Business]
ehko Offline
Quit being gay...
Post Master Sr

Loc: Barrie, Ontario
I only have 2 of my 13 tenants that have been able to pay me for May including myself.

That location is our biggest and sprawls across 2 buildings. Our capacity is around 550 and we haven't had a single person in it since March 16th. It's a big restaurant that pivots to bar at night. We shut down for a renovation in January that we hadn't fully paid for, so this hit us at a really really bad time financially.

Luckily I pulled out a lot of weed money that I've been sitting on, so we'll have no problem making it through... but our burn rate between the 4 locations is about $15k/week right now.

They can't, I keep talking to my guys that run commercial Class A + some independent strip malls. From the restaurants at the class A 50%+ are gone, not coming back and closed for good. The strip malls are fairing better, I think this is because it's usually independent smaller landlords/cheaper rent/both scrappy entrepreneur types (not franchise owners) and are working together.

Crazy to hear you are down to 5%, damn. I remember visiting one of your locations in Barrie, it was a main strip (can't remember the name of the street), place was popping and food was great but you were entirely setup for dine in. Are the government programs going to be enough to get you through?

#9801417 - 05/04/20 06:23 PM Re: Chinese New year corona special $4. [Re: porschetr]
355-Si Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Toronto, Ontario
And they take your temperature before they let you in.

#9801698 - 05/05/20 07:17 AM Re: Chinese New year corona special $4. [Re: porschetr]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

Depends which grocery store you go to...

Nations in Hamilton ask you to wear a face covering at the entrance, and give you one if needed.

Next thing you know, you're walking around and every once in awhile you'll see white/black people with no mask (They walked in with a mask, then took it off.). No employees in the store monitor/nor say anything to them about it.

Originally Posted By: porschetr
Feel safer shopping at Asian grocery stores now. Everyone there including employees wear masks.
Went to Nations today, they were handing out gloves and masks as people enter.
No line ups.

#9801726 - 05/05/20 08:08 AM Re: Chinese New year corona special $4. [Re: ehko]
Risky Business Offline
Provides a Great Work Environment. he/him
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: ehko
I only have 2 of my 13 tenants that have been able to pay me for May including myself.

That location is our biggest and sprawls across 2 buildings. Our capacity is around 550 and we haven't had a single person in it since March 16th. It's a big restaurant that pivots to bar at night. We shut down for a renovation in January that we hadn't fully paid for, so this hit us at a really really bad time financially.

Luckily I pulled out a lot of weed money that I've been sitting on, so we'll have no problem making it through... but our burn rate between the 4 locations is about $15k/week right now.

They can't, I keep talking to my guys that run commercial Class A + some independent strip malls. From the restaurants at the class A 50%+ are gone, not coming back and closed for good. The strip malls are fairing better, I think this is because it's usually independent smaller landlords/cheaper rent/both scrappy entrepreneur types (not franchise owners) and are working together.

Crazy to hear you are down to 5%, damn. I remember visiting one of your locations in Barrie, it was a main strip (can't remember the name of the street), place was popping and food was great but you were entirely setup for dine in. Are the government programs going to be enough to get you through?

That's tough man, I can imagine as I am in a similar boat to a lesser extent. Good time to rethink restructure if possible, otherwise not much else to do but ride it out as best as you can and try to leverage as much of the government aid as possible. There is supposed to be further small business funding, but nothing that I've seen as of yet.

#9801799 - 05/05/20 09:53 AM Re: Chinese New year corona special $4. [Re: Risky Business]
BroKe Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Markham, Ontario
traffic on dvp northbound yesterday at 4 was wayyyy more than last week. got a few ppl doing 60 again. few weeks ago the avg speed was 120-140. yesterday was about 100 then everyone slamming on their brakes for those people doing 60 in left lane. going to be hard to transition from 12 mins to work, back to 40-50 mins. i might lose my shit
#9801911 - 05/05/20 11:46 AM Re: Chinese New year corona special $4. [Re: BroKe]
porschetr Offline
Post Master Supreme

Just went to Longos.
After closing down their two locations, they are not fucking around anymore.

Temperature measured at the front.
Masks handed out.
Carts are wiped.

Nations didn't wipe their carts or measured temperature.

fuck sakes. I went to buy a chicken to fry, and forgot to get it. Spent $104 though

Edited by porschetr (05/05/20 11:49 AM)

#9801933 - 05/05/20 12:17 PM Re: Chinese New year corona special $4. [Re: porschetr]
loudsubz Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Ontario, Canada
this is why were doing as much of our grocery shopping online either amazon or pay and pickup, no going in stores
#9802059 - 05/05/20 02:08 PM Re: Chinese New year corona special $4. [Re: loudsubz]
titty sprinkles Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto,Ontario
i gotta say, this line bypass for front line workers is nice. granted, i don't use my super powers for evil, but masked up and everything and went in, was in and out in 5 mins. they let me go infront of everyone lined up outside and waiting for the cash too.

#9802110 - 05/05/20 02:42 PM Re: Chinese New year corona special $4. [Re: titty sprinkles]
loudsubz Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: titty sprinkles
i gotta say, this line bypass for front line workers is nice. granted, i don't use my super powers for evil, but masked up and everything and went in, was in and out in 5 mins. they let me go infront of everyone lined up outside and waiting for the cash too.

you gotta start using it to your advantage...ask around who else in line wants to experience the VIP for some $$ :p

#9802366 - 05/05/20 05:29 PM Re: Chinese New year corona special $4. [Re: titty sprinkles]
Hatorade Offline
pheggit
Post Master Supreme

Nice! I should give you my shopping list :P

'07 997.1 GT3
'08 E90 M3
'11 E90 d
'02 Rota Grid - 195-55-16FR (RIP)
'04 Volk GTC - 245-35-19F/275-35-19R (Sold to a farm boi)
I thought Spark was a robot from the old movie and I kind of remember seeing him telling some engineer showing the equation for a clear metal that the guy would event years later - porschetr

#9802480 - 05/05/20 07:45 PM Re: Chinese New year corona special $4. [Re: loudsubz]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

... Have ... Have you tried?

Amazon's like 3-4 weeks out for random shit even if you have Prime membership, and last we checked diapers were out of stock.

Order Online + Curbside Pickup for groceries? Forget it. Timeslots are unavailable, whether it's direct with the store (Fortinos, Walmart), or thru Instacart, etc...

I'm the peasant that does our shopping now (unless the wife does what she wants when she wants and gets takeout) ... and we spent $1800 fucking dollars last month ...

We also picked up a fridge + freezer and shoved it into the basement ... Need to start prepping/packing meats into smaller portions into freezer bags etc... FFS eggs, fucking eggs get the beatdown each time and we lose a few FML we go shopping.

Originally Posted By: loudsubz
this is why were doing as much of our grocery shopping online either amazon or pay and pickup, no going in stores

#9802514 - 05/05/20 08:31 PM Re: Chinese New year corona special $4. [Re: furball]
loudsubz Offline
Post Master Supreme

Amazon's like 3-4 weeks out for random shit even if you have Prime membership, and last we checked diapers were out of stock.

Order Online + Curbside Pickup for groceries? Forget it. Timeslots are unavailable, whether it's direct with the store (Fortinos, Walmart), or thru Instacart, etc...

I'm the peasant that does our shopping now (unless the wife does what she wants when she wants and gets takeout) ... and we spent $1800 fucking dollars last month ...

We also picked up a fridge + freezer and shoved it into the basement ... Need to start prepping/packing meats into smaller portions into freezer bags etc... FFS eggs, fucking eggs get the beatdown each time and we lose a few FML we go shopping.

been doing both without issue
amazon has some backlogged products but they usually ship[ much sooner than they advertise

we are using wholesale club for curbside, no longer than a week for pickup so we plan accordingly

theres also places like gordon food services, buy and pickup same day
theres also woodward meats
and sysco now offers buy and pickup

so many options besides the big name brands if you're having issues

Edited by loudsubz (05/05/20 08:33 PM)

#9802681 - 05/06/20 08:19 AM Re: Chinese New year corona special $4. [Re: furball]
c2k Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Wiesloch-Walldorf, Germany

zero issues, try stepping into a store or pay for amazon prime. I ordered 10 items on amazon on sunday and I will be receiving my order this afternoon.

Generally it's much better now than what it used to be a month ago and you shouldn't really have any issues ordering what you need. We ordered a bike for one of the kiddo last week at crappy tire and the curb side pick-up was painless. It was great and I love that I don't have to go inside the store.

Oh and.. 1,800 on take outs?

#9803501 - 05/06/20 08:50 PM Re: Chinese New year corona special $4. [Re: c2k]
A2B-Lexus Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Raptors Land
Instacart here. No issues. Just add stuff to the list and it comes in a week. Just gotta pland ahead.
#9803508 - 05/06/20 08:56 PM Re: Chinese New year corona special $4. [Re: A2B-Lexus]
Senor Eduardo_82 Offline
miataist
Post Master Supreme

How is the produce using these online ordering things? I'm really picky when it comes to produce and it probably makes up 80% of my grocery bill. Pretty sure I don't want someone else picking my veggies and fruits for me.
#9803526 - 05/06/20 09:14 PM Re: Chinese New year corona special $4. [Re: Senor Eduardo_82]
porschetr Offline
Post Master Supreme

Was gonna order some Mobil1 from Canadian Tire since it's 45% off.

Put it in cart.
Says "In store purchase Only"

I changed the location and it worked.
I guess some locations don't even offer Curbside pick ups.

Edited by porschetr (05/06/20 09:23 PM)

#9803670 - 05/07/20 04:47 AM Re: Chinese New year corona special $4. [Re: porschetr]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

Sweet, just ordered 3 jugs as I have oil changes coming up.
#9804231 - 05/07/20 03:51 PM Re: Chinese New year corona special $4. [Re: porschetr]
c2k Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: porschetr
Was gonna order some Mobil1 from Canadian Tire since it's 45% off.

Put it in cart.
Says "In store purchase Only"

I changed the location and it worked.
I guess some locations don't even offer Curbside pick ups.

Not a fan of M1, but VW just quietly made the switch from Castrol to M1.

But for that price? Im not gonna complain, I'll grab a couple of jugs.

#9804326 - 05/07/20 05:40 PM Re: Chinese New year corona special $4. [Re: c2k]
porschetr Offline
Post Master Supreme

Ya, I used to buy Amsoil for my EL.
But at the end, for what?
I am sure Mobil 1 is premium enough for my ordinary car.

#9804395 - 05/07/20 07:43 PM Re: Chinese New year corona special $4. [Re: Senor Eduardo_82]
A2B-Lexus Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: Senor Eduardo_82
How is the produce using these online ordering things? I'm really picky when it comes to produce and it probably makes up 80% of my grocery bill. Pretty sure I don't want someone else picking my veggies and fruits for me.
beggars can't be choosers. They generally do ok. I am sure they just grab whatever they see.

#9804568 - 05/08/20 05:42 AM Re: Chinese New year corona special $4. [Re: A2B-Lexus]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

Liqui Moly for Audi
Mobil 1 for Toyotas

#9804603 - 05/08/20 07:54 AM Re: Chinese New year corona special $4. [Re: Risky Business]
c2k Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Liqui Moly for Audi
Mobil 1 for Toyotas

Is your Audi a TDI?

#9805038 - 05/08/20 02:10 PM Re: Chinese New year corona special $4. [Re: Risky Business]
Simon_the_Pieman Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: The A
Liqui Moly for Audi
Mobil 1 for Toyotas

my hyundais pop moly. they seem to like it.

#9805861 - 05/09/20 11:36 PM Re: Chinese New year corona special $4. [Re: titty sprinkles]
The Postman Offline
A-List Member also The Man
Post Master Sr

LCBO is on the list now too lol.

#9805916 - 05/10/20 07:56 AM Re: Chinese New year corona special $4. [Re: The Postman]
c2k Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Anybody nervous about Quebec's restrictions easing up? I'll admit that I am nervous because there's nothing more that I would love to have life to go back to normal.

#9806156 - 05/10/20 05:07 PM Re: Chinese New year corona special $4. [Re: c2k]
355-Si Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Toronto, Ontario
 Originally Posted By: c2k
Anybody nervous about Quebec's restrictions easing up? I'll admit that I am nervous because there's nothing more that I would love to have life to go back to normal.

Not too concerned... can't tell you why tho. Not being facetious, I just feel like it'll be ok.
The "second wave" will be more like a ripple.
{time stamp May 10, 2020}

#9806281 - 05/10/20 09:06 PM Re: Chinese New year corona special $4. [Re: 355-Si]
A2B-Lexus Offline
Post Master Supreme

I had to make a grocery /beer run today at Loblaws near Markville. All Asians (yellow and brown) were wearing a mask and non were walking around like its nothing. The staff didn't look to be social distancing from each other while not wearing a mask either.

One of my coworkers friend who is a nurse got Covid but she only found out because someone else on the floor had it.

I command their bravery /stupidity.

#9806522 - 05/11/20 10:04 AM Re: Chinese New year corona special $4. [Re: A2B-Lexus]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

So, with the lack of (serious) COVID infections for children / infants, apparently Sick Kids is pretty quiet, so much so the staff there (likely just the nurses) are concerned they'll be called up to help in crazier areas like LTC homes etc...

(friend's wife took extended (unpaid) leave during the crisis immediately after her mat leave)

Edited by furball (05/11/20 10:04 AM)

Page 14 of 16 « First<1213141516>

Moderator:  c2k, LNXGUY, TheRealCSnapper, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads