Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#9691861 - 12/03/19 03:50 PM What can I do with this? Sell It?
I'm a Nobody Offline

Yes I am a regular poster but decided anonymity was best for this post.

My account with my mobile provider (one of the big 3) was hacked (I have good reason to believe it was an inside job, but that's another story). The perp(s) ended up changing all of our mobile plans to super expensive accounts and ordered multiple iPhones.

When I was on the phone with the provider they provided me with an address telling me where all the phones were sent to. That is not my address and is in another part of the city. It took a very long time but things were sort of straightened out. All the charges were removed but my grandfathered accounts were not restored \:\(

Anyway, the point is that there were multiple iPhones ordered (one for each account) and let's just say that one may have been shipped to my address. What do I do with it? Its sealed and unopened, but it has been blacklisted. I know it can be used anywhere outside of North America. I'm guessing there are people that buy these and ship them overseas. Is it safe to do so? Will I get Narc'd? I'm guessing it's possible my provider could come hit me up for the device even if it has been several months since it was all said and done. After all my wife did sign for it (but it seems in their records all the phones went to this other mystery address and they don't know we have it).

Thoughts?

#9691873 - 12/03/19 04:08 PM Re: What can I do with this? Sell It? [Re: I'm a Nobody]
Big Tasty Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto
Not worth the hassle imo and they can confirm it was shipped to you so leave well enough alone.
#9691957 - 12/03/19 05:40 PM Re: What can I do with this? Sell It? [Re: I'm a Nobody]
c2k Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Wiesloch-Walldorf, Germany
 Originally Posted By: I'm a Nobody
Yes I am a regular poster but decided anonymity was best for this post.

My account with my mobile provider (one of the big 3) was hacked (I have good reason to believe it was an inside job, but that's another story). The perp(s) ended up changing all of our mobile plans to super expensive accounts and ordered multiple iPhones.

When I was on the phone with the provider they provided me with an address telling me where all the phones were sent to. That is not my address and is in another part of the city. It took a very long time but things were sort of straightened out. All the charges were removed but my grandfathered accounts were not restored \:\(

Anyway, the point is that there were multiple iPhones ordered (one for each account) and let's just say that one may have been shipped to my address. What do I do with it? Its sealed and unopened, but it has been blacklisted. I know it can be used anywhere outside of North America. I'm guessing there are people that buy these and ship them overseas. Is it safe to do so? Will I get Narc'd? I'm guessing it's possible my provider could come hit me up for the device even if it has been several months since it was all said and done. After all my wife did sign for it (but it seems in their records all the phones went to this other mystery address and they don't know we have it).

Thoughts?

1) Grandfathered account cannot be restored? Bullshit. I hope they were able to help you or at least to accommodate you for the mishap they handled.

2) Since the phone was delivered and your wife signed for it. They have record of it that the phone was signed by your wife and they will know. Not worth the headache for a few bucks.

Good Luck.

#9692133 - 12/03/19 09:19 PM Re: What can I do with this? Sell It? [Re: c2k]
Simon_the_Pieman Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: The A
will it blend?

#9692196 - 12/04/19 02:08 AM Re: What can I do with this? Sell It? [Re: c2k]
I'm a Nobody Offline

Originally Posted By: c2k

1) Grandfathered account cannot be restored? Bullshit. I hope they were able to help you or at least to accommodate you for the mishap they handled.

The experience was so shit, its not even funny. I had to constantly follow up with them and it dragged out much longer than it should have.

#9692197 - 12/04/19 02:12 AM Re: What can I do with this? Sell It? [Re: I'm a Nobody]
I'm a Nobody Offline

I hear the feedback about it not being worth it, so what do I do with it? Throw it away? What if they contact me for it? It's been a few months and they haven't asked for it and the case is pretty much closed. Should I return it to them as a token of good faith despite all the bullshit I had to endure? What do I say when they ask "Why didn't you return it sooner?". Can they un-blacklist it and reassign it?
#9692202 - 12/04/19 05:57 AM Re: What can I do with this? Sell It? [Re: I'm a Nobody]
Senor Eduardo_82 Offline
miataist
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Ca�ada
I'll give you $3.50 for it.
#9692423 - 12/04/19 10:59 AM Re: What can I do with this? Sell It? [Re: Senor Eduardo_82]
Big Tasty Offline
Post Master Supreme

See if you can sell it back to them or get credit on your account
#9692456 - 12/04/19 11:25 AM Re: What can I do with this? Sell It? [Re: Big Tasty]
I'm a Nobody Offline

Originally Posted By: Big Tasty
See if you can sell it back to them or get credit on your account

I thought of that, but knowing them I doubt they would give me anything in return.

Did I mention I have more than one? \:\|

#9692457 - 12/04/19 11:28 AM Re: What can I do with this? Sell It? [Re: I'm a Nobody]
c2k Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

The experience was so shit, its not even funny. I had to constantly follow up with them and it dragged out much longer than it should have.

I'd raise a concern with CCTS

https://www.ccts-cprst.ca/

They tend to side with the customer.

Good Luck

#9692612 - 12/04/19 02:21 PM Re: What can I do with this? Sell It? [Re: c2k]
Screamin Type ARGH! Offline
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

Loc: T.O. - Canaduh
OP is furball, 100%

"Ban low performance drivers, not high performance cars"

#9692640 - 12/04/19 02:53 PM Re: What can I do with this? Sell It? [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
4Three Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Markham, ON, Canada
Send it back where it belongs. Personally, I wouldn't even think twice.

Your values and integrity are worth more than a cell phone which would be out-dated in a couple months. \:D

Or keep it, if you have no values nor integrity and need the latest gadget.

#9692959 - 12/05/19 05:51 AM Re: What can I do with this? Sell It? [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
c2k Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: Screamin Type ARGH!
OP is furball, 100%

Can confirm that it's NOT furball.

#9692964 - 12/05/19 06:32 AM Re: What can I do with this? Sell It? [Re: c2k]
Senor Eduardo_82 Offline
miataist
Post Master Supreme

If the phones are already blacklisted, I don't see why the carrier would want them back.

Sell them for parts and move on.

#9693012 - 12/05/19 07:59 AM Re: What can I do with this? Sell It? [Re: Senor Eduardo_82]
BroKe Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Markham, Ontario
My friend received an iPhone and was never charged for it. Forget the story behind it. But he held on to it for about 5-8 months to make sure he wasn't going to get charged before he started using it lol
#9693170 - 12/05/19 10:32 AM Re: What can I do with this? Sell It? [Re: 4Three]
I'm a Nobody Offline

Originally Posted By: 4Three
Send it back where it belongs. Personally, I wouldn't even think twice.

Your values and integrity are worth more than a cell phone which would be out-dated in a couple months. \:D

Or keep it, if you have no values nor integrity and need the latest gadget.

You're right, values and integrity go a long way. I just saw it as a major inconvenience the way the whole ordeal was handled. I'm not one to be a stickler and we all know how poor customer service is from the big 3, but shit man. Why should we have to go without service on our plans due to their fuckup? Was it their fault that my account got hacked? Of course it was. I have voice recognition that has proven to work dozens of times I have called in. Magically that day it didn't work? Put me on any plan, I don't care what the cost is for them, I shouldn't have to wait for them to figure their shit out. This whole process took months beyond what it should have and in the end I came out the loser as they wouldn't restore my plans. I get it, this process isn't easy or straightforward, but I shouldn't have to suffer throughout the process.

Call it payback, call it revenge, call it whatever you want. I saw it as a means to get something out of it. If that makes me less of a man, ok. Would I be willing to jeopardize anything for it? Of course not.

#9693172 - 12/05/19 10:33 AM Re: What can I do with this? Sell It? [Re: Senor Eduardo_82]
I'm a Nobody Offline

Originally Posted By: E_Man_82
If the phones are already blacklisted, I don't see why the carrier would want them back.
They're the only ones that could un-blacklist them

Originally Posted By: E_Man_82
Sell them for parts and move on.
Isn't this the same as selling the whole phone to someone to ship/use overseas? Or I guess parts is harder to track down.

#9693174 - 12/05/19 10:35 AM Re: What can I do with this? Sell It? [Re: I'm a Nobody]
I'm a Nobody Offline

At the end of the day, if I toss it in the garbage or sell it, there's always a chance they could come back to me asking for the phone.

Giving it back to them, there's a (next to zero) chance they'll give me something for it. But there's a bigger chance of them asking why i didn't return it sooner.

#9693230 - 12/05/19 11:25 AM Re: What can I do with this? Sell It? [Re: c2k]
Risky Business Offline
Provides a Great Work Environment. he/him
Post Master Supreme

OP is furball, 100%

I thought it was 100% him as well

#9693286 - 12/05/19 12:08 PM Re: What can I do with this? Sell It? [Re: I'm a Nobody]
4Three Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Markham, ON, Canada
Listen, I'm not trying to be all judgey even tho that's probably what it sounded like. You do you. Personally, I wouldn't be able to keep it knowing that it wasn't mine. But probably 99% of the people in the world would call me stupid for passing on the opportunity. If its not something that'll bother you, then don't even think it. I hate the telecom companies and I would fight tooth and nail to get back the old plan, but to me, the plan and the phone are two separate things.

If I had to assess, the fact that you asked on here, its probably not sitting well with you, or at the very least, you have your doubts about keeping it. Figure out if those doubts are rooted in guilt or rooted in getting caught. The way I see it, you give it back? you will feel angry about getting shafted out of your plan. You keep it? you will feel guilty about taking what wasn't yours ... and probably still feel angry about not getting your plan.

#9693450 - 12/05/19 02:03 PM Re: What can I do with this? Sell It? [Re: I'm a Nobody]
Big Tasty Offline
Post Master Supreme

At the end of the day, if I toss it in the garbage or sell it, there's always a chance they could come back to me asking for the phone.

Giving it back to them, there's a (next to zero) chance they'll give me something for it. But there's a bigger chance of them asking why i didn't return it sooner.

Years ago I had an old Rogers box, this was before the pvr days. Don't remember the details of how i got it but it was nothing illegal. Anyways I had it, owned it and then eventually got a better one via rental so I put the old one in a closet and moved on. Years later i got another tv so I thought i would hook up the old box up and not have to do another rental but when trying to authorize it they said that I shouldn't have had it and wanted me to return even though the tech was old and outdated.

#9694668 - 12/06/19 10:41 PM Re: What can I do with this? Sell It? [Re: Big Tasty]
A2B-Lexus Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Raptors Land
Just ask a relative to sell it overseas. That or use it as an ipod.
#9702764 - 12/23/19 11:58 AM Re: What can I do with this? Sell It? [Re: I'm a Nobody]
Senor Eduardo_82 Offline
miataist
Post Master Supreme

Update?
#9702803 - 12/23/19 12:56 PM Re: What can I do with this? Sell It? [Re: Risky Business]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Toronto, ON
Dafuq.

Originally Posted By: Risky Business
OP is furball, 100%

I thought it was 100% him as well

#9702909 - 12/23/19 07:10 PM Re: What can I do with this? Sell It? [Re: furball]
LNXGUY Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Barrie, Ont,

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  c2k, LNXGUY, TheRealCSnapper, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads