Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#9625504 - 08/11/19 03:08 PM Rogers Ignite tv (IPTV)
Big Tasty Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto
So my Rogers discounts were up and had to go through the dance and negotiations with them all over again but before I got around to calling them a bell field rep came by and tried to sway me over to them.

Their deal wasn't that great but I called up Rogers to see what they would offer to beat it and after a few pass-arounds to different departments I got the ignite escalation team (or whatever they call themselves).

I was on the digital VIP package so had a decent line up of channels even though I didn't watch most of them but the line up of kids channels worked for my girls.

I got lucky with a nice rep as I got the premier package with crave and hbo with 4 boxes, unlimited internet with gigabit and the selling point for me of 4 "mesh" becons. My house has plaster walls so wifi isn't the greatest and would make IPTV pointless without them. Also comes with home phone with the call features.

Perfect, I agree with the offer, she puts me on hold and then of course their line drops and I get a dial tone. Call back and after a good hour or so of switching depts again I finally get someone who can get me the same deal.

Tech came by today to set it all up which took a few hours and only issue I have now is that on one tv it won't work through my home theatre receiver but I will tinker with that on my own.

Will see how this fairs compared to standard cable tv but so far seems like a deal at 140/MTH taxes in.

#9625505 - 08/11/19 03:09 PM Re: Rogers Ignite tv (IPTV) [Re: Big Tasty]
Big Tasty Offline
Post Master Supreme

I'm sitting at a park watching the kids play, sorry for the novel \:D
#9625509 - 08/11/19 03:24 PM Re: Rogers Ignite tv (IPTV) [Re: Big Tasty]
Wildout Offline
Post Master Jr

If you actually cancelled in advance and waited for the winback team to call you back you can/could have gotten VIP plus TMN/HBO 2 boxes etc for $70 ish.
#9625662 - 08/11/19 10:32 PM Re: Rogers Ignite tv (IPTV) [Re: Wildout]
Screamin Type ARGH! Offline
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

Loc: T.O. - Canaduh
i just went with 500mb/s ignite last month as my deal for 2yr cheap internet just finished. fuckers bumper it to like 99/mnth when i was paying like 84 AFTER tax! tv they barely discount reg cable now.

all in all it is blazing quick and uptime for net/tv seems solid. price is 159/month + tax for the 500mb/s , 3 tv boxes (got 1 free for one year given a complaint i had), and home phone. i also got another service credit because they had to send a tech out THREE fucking times. ugh.

first dude was good, setup all, explained all, blah blah blah. thing worked for like 1hr then gonzo (this was sunday of course). they sent a tech out 930am monday, after 1hr they finally figured out that he put the wrong model serial# into the system at setup. fine...now fixed.

now upstairs bedroom tv starts freezing up (which i read has happened to folks with iptv from Rogers, but many live in buttfuck nowhere). they sent a tech wed. to sort it, this guy was an ACTUAL Rogers tech and not 3rd party, risky's cous i think lol. he was good, spent 45mins installing pods (their newest update) to spread the signal WITHOUT installing a mesh network for more monthly cost ugh. so he popped those in, ran a wifi strength test in each area and bingo, strong signal at each tv. mind you i do have my modem int he basement far corner, so that doesn't help. but...he still said it shoudl reach the top room opposite side for a 2550 sqft. home...and it does after the pods.

all in all for the money it is not "worth it" vs. the usual cable/internet pacakges. i notice they are not discounting like they used to...fuckers trying to force ppl into IPTV now lol. i'm sure in 10yrs they'll be no more coax cable tv...watch.

one shit thing tho...if your net goes down...you have no tv either. thus a risk you have to take /firstworldproblems. uptime seems good tho.

"Ban low performance drivers, not high performance cars"

#9625666 - 08/11/19 10:58 PM Re: Rogers Ignite tv (IPTV) [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
A2B-Lexus Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Raptors Land
Cancelled cable. Pay $50 for indoor antenna one time and $60 for internet.

At one point they offered me $20 to get some channels back but the offer was good for a year. I don't want to spend an evening trying to get a "deal" from them.

I get City TV, Global, CBC and 3 other channels. Good enough to stay in touch with the happenings of the GTA and the world.

#9625671 - 08/11/19 11:32 PM Re: Rogers Ignite tv (IPTV) [Re: A2B-Lexus]
Big Tasty Offline
Post Master Supreme

Got the home theatre issue fixed. Tried a few HDMI cables with no change then for whatever reason it just worked after tinkering. Prob after that was it wasn't passing 5.1 audio to my reciever but fixed that after awhile with the receiver settings even though it worked previously with the nextbox. Oh well, all is good for now.
#9629900 - 08/17/19 11:23 AM Re: Rogers Ignite tv (IPTV) [Re: Big Tasty]
porschetr Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: WBridge
Since they took away the "Record from anywhere using app" feature, I've been wanting to switch to something else.

But I have another year of discount left, $38 for the Unlimted Gigabit internet, $105 VIP bundle TV + $23 Home Phone.

#9629905 - 08/17/19 11:39 AM Re: Rogers Ignite tv (IPTV) [Re: porschetr]
4Three Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Markham, ON, Canada
Does anyone like this stupid song and dance of negotiating every couple years. I can't stand it. Such a drain on time and energy.

Good on the people who get great deals. I just drop services I can live without cause I hate the process. Ain't nobody got time fo dat.

#9629937 - 08/17/19 12:28 PM Re: Rogers Ignite tv (IPTV) [Re: 4Three]
Hatorade Offline
pheggit
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto, ON
Yup dumbest game ever.

'07 997.1 GT3
'08 E90 M3
'11 E90 d
'02 Rota Grid - 195-55-16FR (RIP)
'04 Volk GTC - 245-35-19F/275-35-19R (Sold to a farm boi)
I thought Spark was a robot from the old movie and I kind of remember seeing him telling some engineer showing the equation for a clear metal that the guy would event years later - porschetr

#9630009 - 08/17/19 03:07 PM Re: Rogers Ignite tv (IPTV) [Re: Hatorade]
porschetr Offline
Post Master Supreme

Don't think anyone actually likes the process.
I don't really "fight" for it though.

Just ask what's the current offer you can give me to keep me going with your?
and they give me options.

#9630103 - 08/17/19 06:52 PM Re: Rogers Ignite tv (IPTV) [Re: porschetr]
Hatorade Offline
pheggit
Post Master Supreme

Doesn’t change the fact that you need to waste time and call them.

'07 997.1 GT3
'08 E90 M3
'11 E90 d
'02 Rota Grid - 195-55-16FR (RIP)
'04 Volk GTC - 245-35-19F/275-35-19R (Sold to a farm boi)
I thought Spark was a robot from the old movie and I kind of remember seeing him telling some engineer showing the equation for a clear metal that the guy would event years later - porschetr

#9630511 - 08/19/19 12:25 AM Re: Rogers Ignite tv (IPTV) [Re: Hatorade]
Wildout Offline
Post Master Jr

Originally Posted By: Hatorade

Live chat bruh. AIn't nobody got time to call lol

#9632509 - 08/21/19 10:29 PM Re: Rogers Ignite tv (IPTV) [Re: Wildout]
Simon_the_Pieman Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: The A
 Originally Posted By: Wildout
 Originally Posted By: Hatorade

Live chat bruh. AIn't nobody got time to call lol

if you really have no life you can chat and call at same time and play one agent against the other

#9687998 - 11/25/19 11:57 AM Re: Rogers Ignite tv (IPTV) [Re: A2B-Lexus]
snowman888 Offline
Jr Member

Originally Posted By: A2B-Lexus

At one point they offered me $20 to get some channels back but the offer was good for a year. I don't want to spend an evening trying to get a "deal" from them.

I get City TV, Global, CBC and 3 other channels. Good enough to stay in touch with the happenings of the GTA and the world.

What do you do for sports?
I'm in the same boat with my digital TV bundle expiring, I have some recordings on my PVR I don't want to lose but it looks like I'm SOL.

I called Bell and their 'sales rep' kept saying 'here's a better offer' and it would be more expensive after 2 months with less than my current features. I wanted to rip his head off after the call.

#9688130 - 11/25/19 03:34 PM Re: Rogers Ignite tv (IPTV) [Re: snowman888]
Simon_the_Pieman Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: The A
been off cable for a while now. just cheap fido internet, netflix, disney plus, amazon prime video, primewire for other shows, and sports surge for sports.

#9688353 - 11/26/19 06:42 AM Re: Rogers Ignite tv (IPTV) [Re: Simon_the_Pieman]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

Cancelling Rogers (non-gigabit) cuz moving. Rogers doesn't service in Burlington

So it's down to:

1) Bell with max 100mbps, Fibe tv (i.e. wireless) + Fibe TV app + better channels than...

2) Cogeco with gigabit and shitty channels and no wireless tv

Picked up a Formuler Z8 Android IPTV box. No idea how to pay for the IPTV provider, so a friend hooked me up with a credit for a month on OK2. This shit is CRAZY re: quality and amount of channels.

Edited by furball (11/26/19 06:42 AM)

#9688569 - 11/26/19 11:14 AM Re: Rogers Ignite tv (IPTV) [Re: furball]
snowman888 Offline
Jr Member

Originally Posted By: furball
Cancelling Rogers (non-gigabit) cuz moving. Rogers doesn't service in Burlington

So it's down to:

1) Bell with max 100mbps, Fibe tv (i.e. wireless) + Fibe TV app + better channels than...

2) Cogeco with gigabit and shitty channels and no wireless tv

Picked up a Formuler Z8 Android IPTV box. No idea how to pay for the IPTV provider, so a friend hooked me up with a credit for a month on OK2. This shit is CRAZY re: quality and amount of channels.

Just checked out OK2 on youtube, have you experienced any lag issues when watching sports?

#9688600 - 11/26/19 12:04 PM Re: Rogers Ignite tv (IPTV) [Re: snowman888]
Big Tasty Offline
Post Master Supreme

It's crazy how Bell has 1.5 Gbps downloads now. Rogers is ripping up my street/sidewalk upgrading their lines.
#9688686 - 11/26/19 02:15 PM Re: Rogers Ignite tv (IPTV) [Re: snowman888]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

We don't watch much sports \:\| . We did watch the CFL finals though which was on TSN1, and it seemed fine.

If people are complaining about initial load times and lag ... At least on my box, you set the caching in 0.5s increments...

My biggest issue is trying to figure out how to order credits and all that. In general it's $15/credit, i.e. $15/month. I tried on one side a friend uses, paying $5 for a 1-day trial... I got nothing in return.

I then had a credit fuck up cuz I provided my MAC address, but I was supposed to supply my box "ID"

It's $7.50/credit if you buy in bulk ... so all these "hookups" that you get, that's their markup. (I've seen some where it's 'as low as' $3/credit )

Originally Posted By: snowman888
Just checked out OK2 on youtube, have you experienced any lag issues when watching sports?

Edited by furball (11/26/19 02:32 PM)

#9689124 - 11/27/19 10:43 AM Re: Rogers Ignite tv (IPTV) [Re: snowman888]
Wildout Offline
Post Master Jr

Originally Posted By: A2B-Lexus

What do you do for sports?
I'm in the same boat with my digital TV bundle expiring, I have some recordings on my PVR I don't want to lose but it looks like I'm SOL.

I called Bell and their 'sales rep' kept saying 'here's a better offer' and it would be more expensive after 2 months with less than my current features. I wanted to rip his head off after the call.

Bell's rates are competitive with Rogers if you can get the right rep. The problem is they don't give a fuck & will raise your prices every 6 months to a 1 year. Making your promotional 2-year discount term null & void. It's some bullshit.

#9698225 - 12/13/19 02:21 PM Re: Rogers Ignite tv (IPTV) [Re: furball]
iamfob Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Out There
 Originally Posted By: furball
We don't watch much sports \:\| . We did watch the CFL finals though which was on TSN1, and it seemed fine.

If people are complaining about initial load times and lag ... At least on my box, you set the caching in 0.5s increments...

My biggest issue is trying to figure out how to order credits and all that. In general it's $15/credit, i.e. $15/month. I tried on one side a friend uses, paying $5 for a 1-day trial... I got nothing in return.

I then had a credit fuck up cuz I provided my MAC address, but I was supposed to supply my box "ID"

It's $7.50/credit if you buy in bulk ... so all these "hookups" that you get, that's their markup. (I've seen some where it's 'as low as' $3/credit )

I have a guy for IPTV (Gold or Crown server), I have been using him since June 2018 and no issue whatsoever.
If you want OK2, my good friend is a reseller. WhatsApp me if you want their contact.

#9705424 - 12/31/19 11:37 AM Re: Rogers Ignite tv (IPTV) [Re: iamfob]
porschetr Offline
Post Master Supreme

Just got Rogers IP TV installed with Gigabit internet + homephone.
Promo going on for $129.99 for 1 year.

Only reason for the switch was to use the app to record and play.
The cable TV was much better though.
Instant channel change (IP TV thinks for a sec when swtich channels), and Rogers tech put 4 Mesh extenders throughout the house and they are pos.
I pulled them all out and put the Orbi back.

The 1 satellite from Orbi is far superior to Rogers 4 satellite signals.

#9706077 - 01/02/20 07:00 AM Re: Rogers Ignite tv (IPTV) [Re: porschetr]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

Pirated IPTV wasn't exactly a hit on NYE ... Freezes every minute or so, wife was not amused, particularly with company over

Jacked into a wired connection (versus wifi) to remove one variable, but doesn't help if it's the IPTV server that's loaded.

(Considering buying a bunch of credits ala reseller package, as we may get 1-2 other people onboard the IPTV boat.)

Cogeco also provided 2 mesh routers. Can't seem to disable wifi though, as I have my own Asus AiMesh going on ... I use their mesh routers as wired drops (hoping to hide one in the utility room to house all the boring IoT shit) . The wifi speeds are all over the place; I've moved as much as I can over to the 5G side, but fuck is it nowhere near gigabit ...

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  c2k, LNXGUY, TheRealCSnapper, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads