Page 1 of 2 12>
Topic Options
#9614118 - 07/25/19 03:49 AM Fuck you Amber alert
BroKe Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Markham, Ontario
Got woken up again. Didn't even read the alert. Now I can't go back to sleep. Have a huge day today and I'm pissed. No one fucking cares about some dumb kid. I have a land line in my room and for the last 25 years I opened it and cut the ringer so it never rings.
Gonna have to start turning off my phone at night now. There's something wrong with this country.

/End rant

#9614124 - 07/25/19 06:03 AM Re: Fuck you Amber alert [Re: BroKe]
phoenixrage Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: People's Republic of Ontario
Did you get 2 messages? I got a second alert 30 minutes after the first, repeating itself.

They really need to stop sending them out between 12am and 6am.. or let you opt out of it.. The suspect was last seen around midnight, so why the hell did it take 3 hours to send out the alert? So if it can wait 3 hours before sending out, maybe it can wait a bit longer?

Like, what is the expectation here? do I go out and start looking with the police?

#9614128 - 07/25/19 06:24 AM Re: Fuck you Amber alert [Re: phoenixrage]
Cee_mon Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Barrie, Ontario
Android lets you turn off the notification

#9614136 - 07/25/19 07:01 AM Re: Fuck you Amber alert [Re: Cee_mon]
BroKe Offline
Post Master Sr

I got both and have it turned off on my phone

I'm over it now. Lol. But fuck, that shit is annoying though. Coffee sales must be going up today

#9614143 - 07/25/19 07:30 AM Re: Fuck you Amber alert [Re: BroKe]
c2k Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Wiesloch-Walldorf, Germany
If this was your kid, you'd be concerned. You'd do ANYTHING to get your kid back.

Complain to the CRTC about the amber alert, I have written them emails about it each time Amber alert has gone off. They always come back with a generic boring response on how the alert setting for amber alert is justified. I can respect the high importance of amber alert, but use a different alert setting! Presidential alert is the wrong way of going about it.

Quote:
There's something wrong with this country

#9614155 - 07/25/19 08:08 AM Re: Fuck you Amber alert [Re: Cee_mon]
phoenixrage Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: Cee_mon

the level of alert that is sent out is "higher" priority and bypasses all those settings.

If it was my kid, I still would not expect every Ontario resident to wake up in the middle of the night to help.

the real kicker of the story is, the kid was in custody by 4am, and reports say the police spent over an hour negotiating with the father for the safe release.

#9614160 - 07/25/19 08:27 AM Re: Fuck you Amber alert [Re: BroKe]
Big Tasty Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto
 Originally Posted By: BroKe
There's something wrong with this country.

Damn right, kidnap yo kid at 4pm and respect my sleep. \:D

#9614164 - 07/25/19 08:39 AM Re: Fuck you Amber alert [Re: Big Tasty]
Screamin Type ARGH! Offline
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

Loc: T.O. - Canaduh
ppl with issues need to stop having fucking kids. how bou daaa

"Ban low performance drivers, not high performance cars"

#9614168 - 07/25/19 08:53 AM Re: Fuck you Amber alert [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
phoenixrage Offline
Post Master Supreme

license to have kids

#9614219 - 07/25/19 10:00 AM Re: Fuck you Amber alert [Re: phoenixrage]
porschetr Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: WBridge
I get the point of amber alert...

but it woke me up at 3:04 , then felt like it did again in 5 minutes but time stamped at 3:36.

My phone was in DO NOT DISTURB mode!!!!!
I just turned my phone off which I never do.

Fuck, what if I had my alarm set up like I had for past 5 days?
Lucky I didn't have to wake up early this morning.

Last time I had the alert, it would not stop until I restarted the phone.
It's Samsung S10, how do I fix this?

#9614413 - 07/25/19 12:44 PM Re: Fuck you Amber alert [Re: porschetr]
BroKe Offline
Post Master Sr

I don't understand how a bioligal parent can "kidnap" their own kid. Obvious custody dispute.
These Amber alerts are a waste of time. No one cares, no one is out looking. There isn't even enough Info in the alert to do anything. Leave it up to the cops and turn that shit off. Anyone who says what if it was your kid. Get over yourself lol it's my right to care or not and quite frankly I don't. Boo hoo. These alerts are so ass backwards. I didn't even read the got damn thing. Just turned it off. Good thing it wasn't a real emergency or I'd be fucked. So now I won't get any real emergencies cause my phone will be off.
They should make people sign up for these alerts and see who really cares or just running their mouth.

#9614465 - 07/25/19 01:26 PM Re: Fuck you Amber alert [Re: BroKe]
Big Tasty Offline
Post Master Supreme

See, that's the thing. A tornado could be in your backyard and the phone is going off warning you but we will just turn it off as quick as possible and go back to sleep.
#9614504 - 07/25/19 02:22 PM Re: Fuck you Amber alert [Re: Big Tasty]
titty sprinkles Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto,Ontario
lol people act like there's not a million other stupid things that don't wake them up in the middle of the night. i don't hear you complaining that a straight piped sport bike is redlining down a residential street at 3am or a civic wants to crack vtec with their rice ass exhaust. silence the alert and go back to sleep.

also, what makes your sleep so special? because it's at night? what about the people who work evenings or nights? should the world quiet down for them too because they sleep during the day?

Edited by titty sprinkles (07/25/19 02:24 PM)

#9614517 - 07/25/19 02:43 PM Re: Fuck you Amber alert [Re: titty sprinkles]
BroKe Offline
Post Master Sr

I sleep with my windows closed so I don't hear any outside noise. I do that on purpose. What makes my sleep so special to me is that it's mine. Just like yours is yours. If you want to wake up in the middle of the night be my guest. I don't and don't think I should have to for someone else's kid. Foh with that shit.
To be honest even if i got the alert and saw the kid I still probably wouldn't do anything. Said this before. You can't force someone to give a shit about what you care about and I don't expect that from anyone either.

#9614519 - 07/25/19 02:45 PM Re: Fuck you Amber alert [Re: titty sprinkles]
Big Tasty Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: titty sprinkles

also, what makes your sleep so special? because it's at night? what about the people who work evenings or nights? should the world quiet down for them too because they sleep during the day?

Meh, we don't care about the vampires and the likes \:D i kid, i kid.

#9614580 - 07/25/19 04:06 PM Re: Fuck you Amber alert [Re: BroKe]
titty sprinkles Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto,Ontario
I sleep with my windows closed so I don't hear any outside noise. I do that on purpose. What makes my sleep so special to me is that it's mine. Just like yours is yours. If you want to wake up in the middle of the night be my guest. I don't and don't think I should have to for someone else's kid. Foh with that shit.
To be honest even if i got the alert and saw the kid I still probably wouldn't do anything. Said this before. You can't force someone to give a shit about what you care about and I don't expect that from anyone either.

damn, that's pretty shitty of you. don't forget to call 911 to complain. hope someone doesn't wake you up incase your house is on fire or something or God forbid something happened to a loved one. alot of people including OP rag on emergency services until they need them.

BTW i sleep during the day so please stfu and don't interrupt MY sleep.

Edited by titty sprinkles (07/25/19 04:15 PM)

#9614588 - 07/25/19 04:25 PM Re: Fuck you Amber alert [Re: titty sprinkles]
phoenixrage Offline
Post Master Supreme

brb.. texting you every hour.. lol

I just don't need the loud siren going off. I'll let you take over the whole screen with a pop up, but one day, someone is going to get a heart attack from these.

#9614612 - 07/25/19 05:08 PM Re: Fuck you Amber alert [Re: phoenixrage]
Cee_mon Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Barrie, Ontario
 Originally Posted By: phoenixrage

the level of alert that is sent out is "higher" priority and bypasses all those settings.

If it was my kid, I still would not expect every Ontario resident to wake up in the middle of the night to help.

the real kicker of the story is, the kid was in custody by 4am, and reports say the police spent over an hour negotiating with the father for the safe release.

My phone will still show the amber alert but will not make a sound. s10 here

Edited by Cee_mon (07/25/19 05:09 PM)

#9614632 - 07/25/19 05:39 PM Re: Fuck you Amber alert [Re: Cee_mon]
4Three Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Markham, ON, Canada
There are a lot of considerations made before this "intrusive" Amber alert is sent out. For every Amber alert you receive, there are probably a thousand missing kid incidents that did not result in an Amber alert. Did you know that kids often go on vacation with the family without informing the school and generally the schools treat these cases as missing children which then require police to investigate, and they have to treat it as such until proven otherwise? How the fuck does the police find a kid that's gone to Cuba for the week with the entire family?

All you selfish fucks need to shut your damn phones off if you're so concerned about your beauty sleep.

And to answer the question "who kidnaps their biological kid?". Well, who does anything bad their biological kid? It's not common, but it happens. The fact that this ended in a negotiation obviously means there was a bit of push back from the parent. Get a clue and stop being so obtuse.

That said, I hope no one here ever has to deal with a second of thinking their kid has gone missing. It'll turn your life upside down.

#9614639 - 07/25/19 05:49 PM Re: Fuck you Amber alert [Re: titty sprinkles]
BroKe Offline
Post Master Sr

Originally Posted By: titty sprinkles

damn, that's pretty shitty of you. don't forget to call 911 to complain. hope someone doesn't wake you up incase your house is on fire or something or God forbid something happened to a loved one. alot of people including OP rag on emergency services until they need them.

BTW i sleep during the day so please stfu and don't interrupt MY sleep.

If people o much about kids they don't know, go protest Trump taking kids away from their families at the border.
You may think I'm a shitty person and that's fine by me. I'm not here to please anyone. Alot of people need to get off of their high horse. Let's face it. You ain't doing shit about Amber alert. U went back to sleep.
I also don't care if people call 911 to complain. There's a reason people are doing. Fix the system or live with the consequences. FYI I haven't called 911 to complain. I sent an email to the crtc or whoever is in charge the first time shit shit happened

#9614641 - 07/25/19 05:52 PM Re: Fuck you Amber alert [Re: BroKe]
BroKe Offline
Post Master Sr

Not everyone has kids or wants them. Lol ppl with kids always trying to force that shit on everyone else. No one cares about yer kids. If you can't keep your kids safe that's on you. Harsh but that's just reality. Not everyone cares about that shit
#9614702 - 07/25/19 07:05 PM Re: Fuck you Amber alert [Re: BroKe]
Risky Business Offline
Provides a Great Work Environment. he/him
Post Master Supreme

#9614745 - 07/25/19 07:59 PM Re: Fuck you Amber alert [Re: 4Three]
phoenixrage Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: 4Three
There are a lot of considerations made before this "intrusive" Amber alert is sent out. For every Amber alert you receive, there are probably a thousand missing kid incidents that did not result in an Amber alert. Did you know that kids often go on vacation with the family without informing the school and generally the schools treat these cases as missing children which then require police to investigate, and they have to treat it as such until proven otherwise? How the fuck does the police find a kid that's gone to Cuba for the week with the entire family?

All you selfish fucks need to shut your damn phones off if you're so concerned about your beauty sleep.

And to answer the question "who kidnaps their biological kid?". Well, who does anything bad their biological kid? It's not common, but it happens. The fact that this ended in a negotiation obviously means there was a bit of push back from the parent. Get a clue and stop being so obtuse.

That said, I hope no one here ever has to deal with a second of thinking their kid has gone missing. It'll turn your life upside down.

yes, but at the same time, don't we live in a free society where I should have the choice to opt out? Which, I don't even want to opt out, I just want to be able to turn down the alarm or at least choose a different tone, maybe an air raid siren would be more acceptable to my ears?

I'm not denying the system for the most part works as intended, but at the same time, you should be allowed to re-evaluate the process itself to find ways to improve it.

#9614749 - 07/25/19 08:01 PM Re: Fuck you Amber alert [Re: phoenixrage]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

...or you know you can just turn off your phone.
#9614756 - 07/25/19 08:05 PM Re: Fuck you Amber alert [Re: Risky Business]
phoenixrage Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: Risky Business

What about those people who have to keep their phone on, in case of family emergencies, or work emergencies? I have to be able to be reached in case there alarm goes off at my work.

#9614780 - 07/25/19 08:48 PM Re: Fuck you Amber alert [Re: phoenixrage]
Simon_the_Pieman Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: The A
if you complain about amber alerts i hope i never meet you

#9614783 - 07/25/19 08:58 PM Re: Fuck you Amber alert [Re: phoenixrage]
Raocorp Offline
Cougar Slayer
Post Master Sr

+1 for OnePlus lol. I have them turned off on my 5T and had no clue there was even an alert.

#9614790 - 07/25/19 09:15 PM Re: Fuck you Amber alert [Re: Simon_the_Pieman]
phoenixrage Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: Simon_the_Pieman
if you complain about amber alerts i hope i never meet you

so you are saying the current system is perfect... and because its about kids its free from criticism and does not need to be improved?

#9614825 - 07/25/19 10:53 PM Re: Fuck you Amber alert [Re: phoenixrage]
4Three Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Markham, ON, Canada
I don't think it's perfect. Just like healthcare ain't perfect. There's always room for improvement but it's what we've got for now. Everybody is like 'fuck paying for healthcare' when they are young and healthy, but 'please more healthcare' when we're old and falling apart.

Some selfish fuckers feel like a annoying tone or vibration on their phone is isn't worth a kid's life. That's messed up.

And common, if you're concerned about a WORK emergency? Someone's life has to be at least as valuable as a work emergency. Unless your job is Superman and you're saving multiple lives at once. Then fine, your job is worth more.

I think there are certain things we need to stand for as a society. Preventing/reducing harm to kids should be a no brainier.

#9614827 - 07/25/19 11:31 PM Re: Fuck you Amber alert [Re: 4Three]
phoenixrage Offline
Post Master Supreme

im not saying that my work is more important, i was stating that as a reason why someone can't completely disconnect. (For those people telling me to just turn off your phone when you sleep.)

#9614946 - 07/26/19 05:41 AM Re: Fuck you Amber alert [Re: phoenixrage]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: Risky Business

What about those people who have to keep their phone on, in case of family emergencies, or work emergencies? I have to be able to be reached in case there alarm goes off at my work.

You prioritize non life threatening work emergencies over human life, the rest of the world doesn't. Turn off your phone, or don't bitch about it.

#9614954 - 07/26/19 06:21 AM Re: Fuck you Amber alert [Re: Risky Business]
phoenixrage Offline
Post Master Supreme

lol ok whatever, its called having responsibilities, and where did I ever say that I prioritize it over human life?

what about doctors? they have work emergencies that are about saving lives when they are on call?

Some of you really need to stop being so ignorant about it. Admit it that the system is not perfect and CAN be improved. That is my point. Some of you really can't comprehend this for some reason. And personally, I don't blindly accept things for how it is when there is clearly room for improvement.

There's already been more than one case where the system has been misused due to the slow reaction. Why can't the person who hits the button to transmit do a last minute check on the situation?

Are we not allowed to look back and review and look for ways to improve the system to make it even more effective? Especially when we all know the technology is there? Someone at some point has technically put a price tag on saving lives.

#9614956 - 07/26/19 06:29 AM Re: Fuck you Amber alert [Re: phoenixrage]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Toronto, ON
Why was there no Amber Alert for Ding Ding? \:\|
#9614958 - 07/26/19 06:45 AM Re: Fuck you Amber alert [Re: phoenixrage]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

lol ok whatever, its called having responsibilities, and where did I ever say that I prioritize it over human life?

what about doctors? they have work emergencies that are about saving lives when they are on call?

Some of you really need to stop being so ignorant about it. Admit it that the system is not perfect and CAN be improved. That is my point. Some of you really can't comprehend this for some reason. And personally, I don't blindly accept things for how it is when there is clearly room for improvement.

There's already been more than one case where the system has been misused due to the slow reaction. Why can't the person who hits the button to transmit do a last minute check on the situation?

Are we not allowed to look back and review and look for ways to improve the system to make it even more effective? Especially when we all know the technology is there? Someone at some point has technically put a price tag on saving lives.

Not one person has said the system is perfect.
Not one person has said the system has no room for improvement.

These are your own blanket assumptions about everyone that doesn't agree with you.

While the system is imperfect, we ALL have the ability to mute it by turning off our phones, which is within our means and control. That said, I am not interested in strawmen arguments or discussing the outliers of 1% of people who are on call and cannot turn of their phones.

For 99% of the population, the net/net impact of this imperfect system is far more positive than negative.

#9614997 - 07/26/19 08:22 AM Re: Fuck you Amber alert [Re: Risky Business]
BroKe Offline
Post Master Sr

I should have put a poll on who thinks it should be stopped until they have an option to opt out or mute and who thinks it should be forced on everyone

People think with their hearts more than their brain way too much in this country.

Page 1 of 2 12>

Moderator:  c2k, LNXGUY, TheRealCSnapper, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads