Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#9535281 - 03/25/19 09:55 AM Claim fraud *facepalm*
Alpha-Trion Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Milltown
First off, sup guys! It's crazy how many of you guys are still here lol

Anyways, I recently got a new position where I occasionally assist our home & auto claim underwriters, examiners and investigators. It's crazy how often I see address misrep from clients who reside in Brampton, but are rated for another address in a booneyland town thats given just to pay a lower premium. It's a daily occurrence. Now these idiots think they can get away when they have to submit a claim for damages. It just blows my mind... I don't see/hear the end result of these investigations, but hopefully we don't pay these guys shit, we cancel their policy and they end up being high risk insurees for the rest of their lives.

Anyways, rant over... who wants some beef jerky?

#9535287 - 03/25/19 10:04 AM Re: Claim fraud *facepalm* [Re: Alpha-Trion]
Hatorade Offline
pheggit
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto, ON
Did someone say jerky!

I’m not surprised with Brampton lol

'07 997.1 GT3
'08 E90 M3
'11 E90 d
'02 Rota Grid - 195-55-16FR (RIP)
'04 Volk GTC - 245-35-19F/275-35-19R (Sold to a farm boi)
I thought Spark was a robot from the old movie and I kind of remember seeing him telling some engineer showing the equation for a clear metal that the guy would event years later - porschetr

#9535318 - 03/25/19 10:34 AM Re: Claim fraud *facepalm* [Re: Hatorade]
SuPeR-MaRiO Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Toronto, Ontario
Hey OP, there's no way to for someone in your position (ie on the inside) to find out what happens in those situations? Its pretty shitty that insurance companies base your rate on your postal code. I've never done this trick/scam but I can see why people do it.
#9535327 - 03/25/19 10:42 AM Re: Claim fraud *facepalm* [Re: SuPeR-MaRiO]
Screamin Type ARGH! Offline
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

Loc: T.O. - Canaduh
damn scamming pakis (not surprised LMAO). i'm sure every area of the city have the same shit going on to varying degrees.

mind you, insurance companies are a huge ripoff in this province (even without all the false claim scams going on here), so fuck you too lol.

Edited by Screamin Type ARGH! (03/25/19 10:44 AM)

"Ban low performance drivers, not high performance cars"

#9535345 - 03/25/19 10:58 AM Re: Claim fraud *facepalm* [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
phoenixrage Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: People's Republic of Ontario
well, the province is supposed to pass a bill that will make rates by postal code a thing of the past. But part of me just thinks that the insurance companies will just jack everyone up so everyone will be paying good ol brampton rates.

#9535387 - 03/25/19 11:25 AM Re: Claim fraud *facepalm* [Re: SuPeR-MaRiO]
Alpha-Trion Offline
Post Master Sr

Originally Posted By: SuPeR-MaRiO
Hey OP, there's no way to for someone in your position (ie on the inside) to find out what happens in those situations? Its pretty shitty that insurance companies base your rate on your postal code. I've never done this trick/scam but I can see why people do it.

I'm not conducting the actual investigation, just assisting... and thats the actuarial side... its all based on risk. Men speed more than women. You're more likely to get in an accident in Brampton vs some place in the boonies.

#9535392 - 03/25/19 11:28 AM Re: Claim fraud *facepalm* [Re: Alpha-Trion]
SuPeR-MaRiO Offline
Post Master Sr

And yet somehow my rates increased when I moved from Markham to Toronto
#9535413 - 03/25/19 11:59 AM Re: Claim fraud *facepalm* [Re: SuPeR-MaRiO]
Alpha-Trion Offline
Post Master Sr

Toronto is rated higher than Markham lol
#9535562 - 03/25/19 01:44 PM Re: Claim fraud *facepalm* [Re: Alpha-Trion]
SuPeR-MaRiO Offline
Post Master Sr

Who knew it was safer to drive among all the Chinar fobs!
#9535597 - 03/25/19 02:15 PM Re: Claim fraud *facepalm* [Re: phoenixrage]
titty sprinkles Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto,Ontario
 Originally Posted By: phoenixrage
well, the province is supposed to pass a bill that will make rates by postal code a thing of the past. But part of me just thinks that the insurance companies will just jack everyone up so everyone will be paying good ol brampton rates.

must be why they squeezed in another "insurance rate hike provincial wide"

#9536028 - 03/26/19 09:30 AM Re: Claim fraud *facepalm* [Re: titty sprinkles]
Alpha-Trion Offline
Post Master Sr

Just got another one... there's nothing funnier than hearing "my name is Mandeep Singh and my address is 123 Main St in Keswick, Ontario"

lol if that's not a red flag...

#9536040 - 03/26/19 09:45 AM Re: Claim fraud *facepalm* [Re: SuPeR-MaRiO]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

That's 'racial profiling' is it not?

What approaches would an insurer take to get Mandeep to 'prove' he lives in Keswick?

Originally Posted By: Alpha-Trion
Just got another one... there's nothing funnier than hearing "my name is Mandeep Singh and my address is 123 Main St in Keswick, Ontario"

lol if that's not a red flag...

I've heard this done before, saving about 10% by 'living' in Markham vs downtown TO. (Years ago. I think it's cheaper now in pockets of TO vs Markham.)

Originally Posted By: SuPeR-MaRiO
I've never done this trick/scam but I can see why people do it.

#9536068 - 03/26/19 10:11 AM Re: Claim fraud *facepalm* [Re: furball]
Alpha-Trion Offline
Post Master Sr

Originally Posted By: furball
That's 'racial profiling' is it not?

What approaches would an insurer take to get Mandeep to 'prove' he lives in Keswick?

I'm listening to the original call when they applied for insurance. We go by the info they provide on their drivers license (which they probably switched as well) so no profiling as we go by the info they gave us. Now they get into an auto accident in Brampton and all of a sudden all the red flags come up with the investigators.

#9536093 - 03/26/19 10:23 AM Re: Claim fraud *facepalm* [Re: Alpha-Trion]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

"I went to visit my mom in Brampton, where the accident occured. I live with my cousin's brother's sister's mom's dad's cousin in Keswick, Bob."

I guess this is similar to where people buy car insurance and say they don't drive to work? (But drive 100km each way)

Quote:
I'm listening to the original call when they applied for insurance. We go by the info they provide on their drivers license (which they probably switched as well) so no profiling as we go by the info they gave us. Now they get into an auto accident in Brampton and all of a sudden all the red flags come up with the investigators.

#9536181 - 03/26/19 11:35 AM Re: Claim fraud *facepalm* [Re: furball]
Alpha-Trion Offline
Post Master Sr

Originally Posted By: furball
"I went to visit my mom in Brampton, where the accident occured. I live with my cousin's brother's sister's mom's dad's cousin in Keswick, Bob."

I guess this is similar to where people buy car insurance and say they don't drive to work? (But drive 100km each way)

If the insurance company deems is fraud, the claimant can always appeal if they can prove that's their true place of residence... but investigators aren't stupid. They see this all the time and 9/10 times its rate evasion.

#9536607 - 03/27/19 08:49 AM Re: Claim fraud *facepalm* [Re: Alpha-Trion]
LNXGUY Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Barrie, Ont,
There are a few Mandeeps in Keswick... Probably. 3

#9537021 - 03/27/19 02:06 PM Re: Claim fraud *facepalm* [Re: LNXGUY]
titty sprinkles Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto,Ontario
 Originally Posted By: LNXGUY
There are a few Mandeeps in Keswick... Probably. 3

just wait.....

#9538701 - 03/30/19 10:58 AM Re: Claim fraud *facepalm* [Re: titty sprinkles]
porschetr Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: WBridge
I see Bramton towel headians are purchasing farms left and right though in the boonies and rent out.

I guess they use the address for their vehicles too.

#9538719 - 03/30/19 12:19 PM Re: Claim fraud *facepalm* [Re: porschetr]
jackedUP_hatch Offline
Jr Member

Originally Posted By: porschetr
I see Bramton towel headians

You're a dipshit.

#9557022 - 04/26/19 09:37 AM Re: Claim fraud *facepalm* [Re: jackedUP_hatch]
Alpha-Trion Offline
Post Master Sr

HAHA update on one of these stooges... a client was found to be residing in Brampton, but he got greedy... he was already claiming and was being rated living in London, but called saying he was moving to PEI LOL

During this call to update his policy to a PEI address, agent asks if his wife who's on the policy is moving to PEI as well, and he says no! You could tell from the uneasiness in his voice and answers that he wasn't bring truthful and genuine and just wanted to pay PEI rates LMAO what an idiot

#9558048 - 04/28/19 12:30 PM Re: Claim fraud *facepalm* [Re: Alpha-Trion]
Raocorp Offline
Cougar Slayer
Post Master Sr

Loc: Toronto
Dang, that's pretty stupid.
I just recently told my insurance company that I'm driving to st cats daily. At first I figured it was only going to be short term but doesn't seem very short term anymore. Plus I have full coverage on the Kia now so last thing I need is to be denied a claim if anything were to ever happen. Previous car was liability only so I didn't really care. In my eyes it was mostly irrelevant.

Never understood why people lie/fraud. It just boggles my mind. Big company or not, fraud is fraud.

#9558138 - 04/28/19 04:09 PM Re: Claim fraud *facepalm* [Re: Raocorp]
Hatorade Offline
pheggit
Post Master Supreme

How long is your commute?

'07 997.1 GT3
'08 E90 M3
'11 E90 d
'02 Rota Grid - 195-55-16FR (RIP)
'04 Volk GTC - 245-35-19F/275-35-19R (Sold to a farm boi)
I thought Spark was a robot from the old movie and I kind of remember seeing him telling some engineer showing the equation for a clear metal that the guy would event years later - porschetr

#9558212 - 04/28/19 07:46 PM Re: Claim fraud *facepalm* [Re: Hatorade]
Raocorp Offline
Cougar Slayer
Post Master Sr

Loc: Toronto
 Originally Posted By: Hatorade

I work 7:30-3:30. approximately 1hr 5mins in the morning and 1hr 40mins in the evening. Evenings is obviously where it can vary a lot. Hand full of times it was 2hrs, few times it was 2.5, only once or twice it was longer than 2.5hr. Morning's I've never been longer than 1hr 15mins, but thats because I leave the house at 5:55am like clockwork and am sitting at my desk by 7:15 which includes gassing up in st. cats. I'm hoping to have another job by end of this year. Not really too keen on moving to st. cats. Stoney creek or Grimsby would be ok but still pretty out there and really not much cheaper to live.

The time isn't really too bad if I'm honest. Its the kms. I'm doing 230kms a day. Spread that over a few months and it's really adding up. I'll likely be going through cars every 3-4yrs if nothing changes. Oil changes are every 6ish weeks and I'll likely only get 2 winters out of a set of snow tires.

#9558480 - 04/29/19 09:14 AM Re: Claim fraud *facepalm* [Re: Raocorp]
iamfob Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Out There
 Originally Posted By: Raocorp
 Originally Posted By: Hatorade

I work 7:30-3:30. approximately 1hr 5mins in the morning and 1hr 40mins in the evening. Evenings is obviously where it can vary a lot. Hand full of times it was 2hrs, few times it was 2.5, only once or twice it was longer than 2.5hr. Morning's I've never been longer than 1hr 15mins, but thats because I leave the house at 5:55am like clockwork and am sitting at my desk by 7:15 which includes gassing up in st. cats. I'm hoping to have another job by end of this year. Not really too keen on moving to st. cats. Stoney creek or Grimsby would be ok but still pretty out there and really not much cheaper to live.

The time isn't really too bad if I'm honest. Its the kms. I'm doing 230kms a day. Spread that over a few months and it's really adding up. I'll likely be going through cars every 3-4yrs if nothing changes. Oil changes are every 6ish weeks and I'll likely only get 2 winters out of a set of snow tires.

Wow good for you for doing that. I wouldn't last a week if I have to drive 2.5-3 hours a day. Plus the mileage on the car is going to kill the depreciation. Good thing you got a Kia, drive the car to the ground then get another eco-box. Rinse, Repeat.

What about renting a basement near work for $800-$1000 a month? The time saving itself is worth it IMO

#9571269 - 05/16/19 09:18 AM Re: Claim fraud *facepalm* [Re: iamfob]
Screamin Type ARGH! Offline
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

Loc: T.O. - Canaduh
holy shit check it out lol...

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/all...rkxj?ocid=ientp

so basically allstate was planning to say fuck you to ppl who live in Brampton re. insurance - i bet because they see how much scamming goes on lol. and it's costing them tons.

lady goes and snitches stating allstate is targeting brampton because of the minorities there, now allstate's after her...ouch. sucks she's either out of touch with reality and how some cultures love to scam lol, or she's really just trying to be stand-up and 'go by the book' (which ironically is going against her lol).

i bet allstate CEO would be like 'HELL YEAH we're getting the fuck out of brampton, fucking brown folks costing us and other insurers tons with their scams and shit driving, overblown repairs at brown run bodyshops!'

Edited by Screamin Type ARGH! (05/16/19 09:19 AM)

"Ban low performance drivers, not high performance cars"

#9571435 - 05/16/19 11:06 AM Re: Claim fraud *facepalm* [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
Simon_the_Pieman Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: The A
CAA also wont insure 'high risk' locations. there are some exceptions depending on history obviously.

#9573233 - 05/18/19 11:55 AM Re: Claim fraud *facepalm* [Re: Simon_the_Pieman]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

And ... how much are these guys saving when they say:

"I live in Toronto, don't drive to work"
vs
"I live in Toronto, drive 50km each way to work"

#9573236 - 05/18/19 12:12 PM Re: Claim fraud *facepalm* [Re: furball]
Senor Eduardo_82 Offline
miataist
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Ca�ada
Insurance went from $1400 to $1900

Thanks Brampton

#9573296 - 05/18/19 05:58 PM Re: Claim fraud *facepalm* [Re: Senor Eduardo_82]
Risky Business Offline
Provides a Great Work Environment. he/him
Post Master Supreme

Wtf are these Brampton people doing?
Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  c2k, LNXGUY, TheRealCSnapper, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads