Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#9496305 - 01/27/19 09:15 AM Rogers internet vs Bell Fibe? Learn me
4Three Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Markham, ON, Canada
I used to be on Rogers. But their customer service reps were dicks, so I switched to Teksavvy. My understanding is that I'm on the same Rogers coaxial lines anyway. I'm finding a lot of times where the net connection just drops. Wife works from home so it's a huge pain. Bell rep knocked on my door with a decent Fibe offer. I don't care about super high speeds. I just want reliable consistent service. So, how does the cable compare to the fibe?

#9496324 - 01/27/19 09:49 AM Re: Rogers internet vs Bell Fibe? Learn me [Re: 4Three]
LNXGUY Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Barrie, Ont,
Fibe is over the phone line... I'd take Rogers everytime over Bell.

#9496331 - 01/27/19 09:59 AM Re: Rogers internet vs Bell Fibe? Learn me [Re: LNXGUY]
A2B-Lexus Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Raptors Land
I am with Rogers and my offer is about to run out. I don't need super speed either. Fido seems to have decent pricing. Will call Robbers tomorrow to and cut cable which I don't really watch anymore and will see if they will give me something comparable for internet. If not, Fido I go.
#9496366 - 01/27/19 11:36 AM Re: Rogers internet vs Bell Fibe? Learn me [Re: A2B-Lexus]
phoenixrage Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: People's Republic of Ontario
Both seem to go down at about the same rate in my area.

#9496616 - 01/27/19 08:18 PM Re: Rogers internet vs Bell Fibe? Learn me [Re: 4Three]
xza8 Offline
Sr Member

Originally Posted By: 4Three
I used to be on Rogers. But their customer service reps were dicks, so I switched to Teksavvy. My understanding is that I'm on the same Rogers coaxial lines anyway. I'm finding a lot of times where the net connection just drops. Wife works from home so it's a huge pain. Bell rep knocked on my door with a decent Fibe offer. I don't care about super high speeds. I just want reliable consistent service. So, how does the cable compare to the fibe?

If wife works from you, you should go back to Rogers. If Rogers goes down, guess which customers get taken care of first?

Fibe is not always on the phone line... I was on fibre optic but Bell's CS is worse than Rogers.

#9496798 - 01/28/19 08:26 AM Re: Rogers internet vs Bell Fibe? Learn me [Re: xza8]
Screamin Type ARGH! Online   bluecheckmark
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

Loc: T.O. - Canaduh
Rogers

"Ban low performance drivers, not high performance cars"

#9496874 - 01/28/19 09:55 AM Re: Rogers internet vs Bell Fibe? Learn me [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
Big Tasty Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto
Have Rogers Gigabit. Connection has been good and on a deal with them now but will easily jump to Bell if they try to jack up my price afterwards. Was going to bounce from them awhile back as a door to door bell rep was giving me a good price and they wouldn't match until the day before the service was going to be moved over.
#9497069 - 01/28/19 12:17 PM Re: Rogers internet vs Bell Fibe? Learn me [Re: 4Three]
Senor Eduardo_82 Offline
miataist
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Ca�ada
I'm finding a lot of times where the net connection just drops.
Connection dropped at the modem?

If so, place a service call, let them figure it out. If you stay with service on the same line, odds are the same will happen no matter who the provider is.

Or if it's a modem issue, replace the modem.

#9497077 - 01/28/19 12:25 PM Re: Rogers internet vs Bell Fibe? Learn me [Re: Senor Eduardo_82]
Screamin Type ARGH! Online   bluecheckmark
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

Loc: T.O. - Canaduh
 Originally Posted By: eddie_eightytwo
I'm finding a lot of times where the net connection just drops.
Connection dropped at the modem?

If so, place a service call, let them figure it out. If you stay with service on the same line, odds are the same will happen no matter who the provider is.

Or if it's a modem issue, replace the modem.

In Mother Russia, the modem replaces you!

"Ban low performance drivers, not high performance cars"

#9497265 - 01/28/19 03:02 PM Re: Rogers internet vs Bell Fibe? Learn me [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
titty sprinkles Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto,Ontario
so i've had rogers for the longest, may not apply to you pheggs but since i'm off at 11pm i'm watching tv at 1,2,3am. with rogers they had an update everyday at 2am where the box would freeze and i couldn't change the channel for an hour. blah blah blah 100 service ppl out to the house still no change and internet always going down too. got fed up and switched to fibe, hasn't been updating or down in over 4 years.

#9497830 - 01/29/19 10:28 AM Re: Rogers internet vs Bell Fibe? Learn me [Re: titty sprinkles]
porschetr Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: WBridge
Roger's been pretty reliable since we had it 15+ years or so in 3 different addresses.

We had some drops in the summer, they replaced the cable underground.
Still had some issues, replaced the equalizer or something and it's been working fine since.

Any issues with the router or box, just drive down 5-10 min and replace with a new one.

#9498047 - 01/29/19 03:12 PM Re: Rogers internet vs Bell Fibe? Learn me [Re: porschetr]
SW20_MR2 Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Markham, Ontario, Canada
Been using Fibe for over 5 years at 2 different houses. TV service has been great and internet is reliable. I can't compare it to Rogers speeds since I've never really had the really high speed services like some of the people here, but it's good enough for my use, which is mainly surfing and online video streaming.

#9498779 - 01/30/19 08:15 PM Re: Rogers internet vs Bell Fibe? Learn me [Re: SW20_MR2]
loudsubz Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Ontario, Canada
been through about 4 providers now (both dsl and cable) and I have no issues with either. Bell would claim no slowdowns but I would still experience on heavy nights.

I'm currently with rogers now and speeds are fine.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  c2k, LNXGUY, TheRealCSnapper, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads