Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#9440654 - 11/12/18 11:43 AM Need some advice
OracerO Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: GTA
Wife's preg.

School me on android boxes? She needs entertainment. Please.

#9440771 - 11/12/18 12:55 PM Re: Need some advice [Re: OracerO]
phoenixrage Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: People's Republic of Ontario
nvidia shield

#9440821 - 11/12/18 01:18 PM Re: Need some advice [Re: phoenixrage]
Screamin Type ARGH! Offline
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

Loc: T.O. - Canaduh
shield is excellent, but i read something where they couldn't run 3rd party apps (ie. can you get it modded/burned so it does now?) - or did it always? it is pricey though.

i just run a good octa-core unit, i forget the name brand but it's on of those small black square ones. make sure you don't get anything below a 6-core at minimum...they are cheap so octa is no brainer, they usually have decent RAM too. don't get the cheapo ones.

this is the 'newest' one i've seen but not sure if it is good or not:
https://www.kijiji.ca/v-electronics/st-c...gationFlag=true

my 'kodi' guy i use i found on kijiji and he's been great for contact re. iptv and updates if i needed.

"Ban low performance drivers, not high performance cars"

#9440874 - 11/12/18 01:54 PM Re: Need some advice [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
OracerO Offline
Post Master Sr

Originally Posted By: Screamin Type ARGH!
shield is excellent, but i read something where they couldn't run 3rd party apps (ie. can you get it modded/burned so it does now?) - or did it always? it is pricey though.

i just run a good octa-core unit, i forget the name brand but it's on of those small black square ones. make sure you don't get anything below a 6-core at minimum...they are cheap so octa is no brainer, they usually have decent RAM too. don't get the cheapo ones.

my 'kodi' guy i use i found on kijiji and he's been great for contact re. iptv and updates if i needed.

Oh that kijiji one looks good.
Do these apps go down and i need t re-flash/update them?

#9440885 - 11/12/18 02:29 PM Re: Need some advice [Re: OracerO]
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: OracerO

they do need updating once in awhile but it's not a must, they still work. usually the most up to date ver. will run better though. SHOWBOX is what i'm usually using these days but KODI still works ok. teaTV i think still works ok as well but I think terrarium is down for good now. those are some for you to use for sure. sportsdevil is good but i assume your wife won't care for that lol.

if you want IPTV 'live tv' for like $6-10 bucks a month you can try it and see, i used it moreso for the kids to watch shows and some overseas stuff ourselves but soooo many channels don't work either. so i stopped after 6 months, regular tv is fine for that shit and my sports. not much time otherwise.

you can watch youtube vids as to how to install (or re-install) an app on your box as well on your own, it isn't hard. basically just d/l the .APK file onto the box and install it. if you can't stream for whatever reason from one of the apps, the box has USB ports which is nice. sometimes i'll just torrent a series or movie from my pc, copy to usb and use it on the box so shit doesn't freeze or cutout.

re. how good the steam/feed will be, it all depends on how good the feeds are firstly, then the power of the box you get. in addition of course your net d/l speeds and wifi strength.

#9440901 - 11/12/18 02:34 PM Re: Need some advice [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
Risky Business Offline
Provides a Great Work Environment. he/him
Post Master Supreme

what about abortion OP?

jk, congrats.

#9440946 - 11/12/18 03:13 PM Re: Need some advice [Re: Risky Business]
OracerO Offline
Post Master Sr

they do need updating once in awhile but it's not a must, they still work. usually the most up to date ver. will run better though. SHOWBOX is what i'm usually using these days but KODI still works ok. teaTV i think still works ok as well but I think terrarium is down for good now. those are some for you to use for sure. sportsdevil is good but i assume your wife won't care for that lol.

if you want IPTV 'live tv' for like $6-10 bucks a month you can try it and see, i used it moreso for the kids to watch shows and some overseas stuff ourselves but soooo many channels don't work either. so i stopped after 6 months, regular tv is fine for that shit and my sports. not much time otherwise.

you can watch youtube vids as to how to install (or re-install) an app on your box as well on your own, it isn't hard. basically just d/l the .APK file onto the box and install it. if you can't stream for whatever reason from one of the apps, the box has USB ports which is nice. sometimes i'll just torrent a series or movie from my pc, copy to usb and use it on the box so shit doesn't freeze or cutout.

re. how good the steam/feed will be, it all depends on how good the feeds are firstly, then the power of the box you get. in addition of course your net d/l speeds and wifi strength.

Awesome. I am pretty much going to contact that kijiji dude. Is this the same guy you purchase from?

Originally Posted By: Risky Business
what about abortion OP?

jk, congrats.

Thanks!
The thought never crossed my mind. lol.

#9440964 - 11/12/18 03:27 PM Re: Need some advice [Re: OracerO]
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

Awesome. I am pretty much going to contact that kijiji dude. Is this the same guy you purchase from?

what about abortion OP?

jk, congrats.

Thanks!
The thought never crossed my mind. lol.

Nope, different. That new link/box seems like a bigger place.

My guy just some dude who lives in Stouffville lol.

#9441222 - 11/12/18 09:24 PM Re: Need some advice [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
Raocorp Offline
Cougar Slayer
Post Master Sr

Loc: Toronto
I have a shield.....its awesome.
although I don't do much by way of IPTV with it. Mostly Youtube, Netflix, and Kodi for streaming local network files. 70gig 4k downloads FTW, lol.

#9441275 - 11/12/18 11:04 PM Re: Need some advice [Re: Raocorp]
SuPeR-MaRiO Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Toronto, Ontario
 Originally Posted By: Raocorp
70gig 4k downloads FTW, lol.

\:o

How many movies do you have in this quality and how long does it take to d/l?

#9441511 - 11/13/18 11:19 AM Re: Need some advice [Re: SuPeR-MaRiO]
OracerO Offline
Post Master Sr

How much internet are you guys using a month?

I'm averaging 1900gb... And i have no idea how. I'm never home. Does streaming soak up bandwidth? off of youtube? Cnn? facebook videos, instagram videos

#9441542 - 11/13/18 12:01 PM Re: Need some advice [Re: OracerO]
SuPeR-MaRiO Offline
Post Master Sr

Everything uses bandwidth. Streaming videos whether its on an Android/Kodi box, Youtube, Facebook, Instagram or CNN will all use bandwidth. Most of these services are intelligent enough to determine your connection speed and will play for you the highest quality for the best performance. So if you're streaming HD feeds, then yes your bandwidth is going to get eaten. Either that or someone is using stealing your WiFi.
#9441737 - 11/13/18 02:55 PM Re: Need some advice [Re: SuPeR-MaRiO]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

40-60 gigs IIRC
#9441895 - 11/13/18 06:16 PM Re: Need some advice [Re: Risky Business]
Denis Si Offline
Post Master

Loc: T.O.
4K fire tv >*

Insane amount of YouTube support

#9442058 - 11/13/18 10:17 PM Re: Need some advice [Re: Denis Si]
SuPeR-MaRiO Offline
Post Master Sr

Originally Posted By: Denis Si
4K fire tv >*

Insane amount of YouTube support

Do you have an actual Fire TV or is it the stick?

#9442281 - 11/14/18 10:42 AM Re: Need some advice [Re: SuPeR-MaRiO]
OracerO Offline
Post Master Sr

Upon further investigation, no one in my house downloads, no netflix, no streaming. Two people are on their phones, youtube, Cnn, Bnn and some games...i've changed Pws two days ago.

But i am averaging 5-6gbs a night which is in line with 1,800-1,900gbs a month. HOW IN THE F?

what are you guys averaging?

#9442303 - 11/14/18 10:58 AM Re: Need some advice [Re: OracerO]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

That's insane.
#9442327 - 11/14/18 11:29 AM Re: Need some advice [Re: Risky Business]
OracerO Offline
Post Master Sr

Update:

Rogers system error. Wrong decimal placement. The conversion from MB = Total GB is wrong (on rogers)

That's insane.

It is f'in insane. Made me had to spend time into investigating my home network.

Edited by OracerO (11/14/18 11:30 AM)

#9442623 - 11/14/18 02:35 PM Re: Need some advice [Re: OracerO]
BroKe Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Markham, Ontario
Tell her to go for a walk or it's over for her body. Alot of chicks get pregnant and go downhill from there using it as an excuse to be lazy
#9444657 - 11/16/18 08:11 PM Re: Need some advice [Re: BroKe]
Balhar Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Gee Tee Ay
I got a Dreamlink T2 with Gold Server IPTV service on it.
it's 4k capable and i have had zero issues with it. didnt even skip during the world cup

#9445578 - 11/19/18 07:08 AM Re: Need some advice [Re: Balhar]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Toronto, ON

#9447225 - 11/20/18 04:11 PM Re: Need some advice [Re: furball]
OracerO Offline
Post Master Sr

Originally Posted By: furball

I actually waited just now.

#9447306 - 11/20/18 06:53 PM Re: Need some advice [Re: OracerO]
LNXGUY Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Barrie, Ont,

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  c2k, LNXGUY, TheRealCSnapper, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads