Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#9373956 - 08/07/18 07:10 PM Street racing crash vCivicHoliday
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Toronto, ON
https://www.instagram.com/p/BmHrfqCh46V/?hl=en&taken-by=carswithoutlimits

https://twitter.com/torontoblessed/status/1026150555163475969

#9374031 - 08/07/18 08:11 PM Re: Street racing crash vCivicHoliday [Re: furball]
Screamin Type ARGH! Offline
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

Loc: T.O. - Canaduh
see quote in my sig below...

"Ban low performance drivers, not high performance cars"

#9374291 - 08/08/18 10:27 AM Re: Street racing crash vCivicHoliday [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2018/08...treet-race.html

Quote:
Police are investigating after a shocking video was posted online of a BMW coupe crashing during a possible street race in North York on Sunday.

Around 2:30 a.m. this past weekend, the incident was caught on video in the area of Bartor and Clayson Rds., police said.

A video posted to Instagram shows a BMW smashing into a wall during what police think is a street race.
A video posted to Instagram shows a BMW smashing into a wall during what police think is a street race. (@CARSWITHOUTLIMITS / INSTAGRAM)
The video, which currently has 40,000 likes on Instagram, shows two cars driving alongside each other at what seems to be a high speed as a taxi cab approaches from the other direction. Only a few seconds after they safely pass the cab, one of the vehicles appears to lose control, and slams nose first into a lamp post and wall running alongside the road. The lamp post comes crashing down and the car bounces off the wall, spinning around and around as it skids down the street, sparks flying, before it finally comes to a halt by the side of the road near a group of spectators.

The second vehicle sped away safely.

Despite the dramatic nature of the crash, the driver only had minor injuries—it was the car that took the brunt of the collision. Sgt. Graeme Philipson said the vehicle was a three-series BMW.

“Well, it was,” he amended, referencing the sheer amount of damage the vehicle sustained.

Police are investigating the circumstances of the crash.

“It certainly appears to be some sort of street race,” said Sgt. Graeme Philipson, but he said they are searching for witnesses to confirm the full events of the situation. “Many people had cameras out. We’d like the other driver to come forward as well.”

The video was originally posted Monday to an Instagram account called @carswithoutlimits, which appears to collect videos and pictures of cars, mostly luxury models.

The driver of the BMW, a man from Brampton, was charged with careless operation of a motor vehicle, police said.

#9374383 - 08/08/18 12:35 PM Re: Street racing crash vCivicHoliday [Re: furball]
87ZCSi Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Portland and Toronto
Sped away safely? Lol

We used to close the roads. Wtf.

#9374404 - 08/08/18 12:55 PM Re: Street racing crash vCivicHoliday [Re: 87ZCSi]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

Post says it's an M3/335i

#9374441 - 08/08/18 01:32 PM Re: Street racing crash vCivicHoliday [Re: furball]
Mr.Bozack Offline
Sr Member

Loc: Ontario
Wow! Incredible that the guy walked away from that.

Too little detail for me to distinguish the model - Is that a power bulge I see in the hood lol.

Curious why so many people liked it - just another jackass unless people are happy to see the guy wreck?

#9374468 - 08/08/18 02:02 PM Re: Street racing crash vCivicHoliday [Re: Mr.Bozack]
Senor Eduardo_82 Offline
miataist
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Ca�ada
 Originally Posted By: Mr.Bozack
Wow! Incredible that the guy walked away from that.

Too little detail for me to distinguish the model - Is that a power bulge I see in the hood lol.

Curious why so many people liked it - just another jackass unless people are happy to see the guy wreck?

There's more pics floating around, you can see an Apex wheel (common on BMWs). Hood doesn't have the M3 bulges and brakes don't have Ms on them either. 335i/335is for sure.

I liked it because a street racer got what he deserves.

#9374710 - 08/09/18 07:50 AM Re: Street racing crash vCivicHoliday [Re: Senor Eduardo_82]
Mr.Bozack Offline
Sr Member

Good eye on the details.

And yeah that makes sense with the likes - ontop of that it's a BMW and most people have a dislike towards BMW drivers (even if you are one yourself)

#9374720 - 08/09/18 08:24 AM Re: Street racing crash vCivicHoliday [Re: Mr.Bozack]
phoenixrage Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: People's Republic of Ontario
i just hate all other drivers

#9374748 - 08/09/18 09:16 AM Re: Street racing crash vCivicHoliday [Re: phoenixrage]
Mr.Bozack Offline
Sr Member

Yes I agree for the most part although when I am pleasantly surprised with an act of common sense my faith gets restored just a little bit.

#9375055 - 08/09/18 03:31 PM Re: Street racing crash vCivicHoliday [Re: Mr.Bozack]
BroKe Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Markham, Ontario
Alot of times I like videos just to make it more popular so more people will see it. Don't necessarily like it
Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  c2k, LNXGUY, TheRealCSnapper, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads