Topic Options
#9226614 - 01/08/18 04:39 AM Re: Coin washes near you [Re: SuPeR-MaRiO]
Wildout Offline
Post Master Jr

Originally Posted By: SuPeR-MaRiO
 Originally Posted By: Wildout
Hand wash only unless you like rust

Care to elaborate?

High pressure water is bad, High pressure salt water forced into tight spaces is worse especially when it freezes & then thaws leaving only the salt behind. So most people that know don't do touchless & instead do the cloth washed which are just as bad as it scratches the shit out of your paint.

So the solution is to go to the do it yourself, take the soap broom & turn it upside down on your sunroof, let the soap suds rain down over the paint, pull wash mitt out of the trunk and proceed to clean car as normal. Should be $3 to start until it runs out. Then $3 to start it again and rinse it off. Leave rims dirty or use the brush they provide, never your wash mitt.

#9227069 - 01/08/18 02:52 PM Re: Coin washes near you [Re: Wildout]
titty sprinkles Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto,Ontario
^any way you do it you'll have saltwater residue getting into the cracks. if you don't rinse off the car before you put the soap brush on the top of your car then you'll just be rubbing in all that salt into the paint and marring it while you do it, especially if you don't have a bucket of clean water there to rinse the wash mitt after every panel.

it's the lesser of two evils. leave the salt shit all over the car or wash it off. regardless the car will rust eventually; any metal + salt = corrosion. another reason i lease cars, i don't keep them long enough to rust lol

Edited by titty sprinkles (01/08/18 02:53 PM)

#9227254 - 01/08/18 06:48 PM Re: Coin washes near you [Re: titty sprinkles]
spnx Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Canada
I hate the one on Lawrence near Warden. If you're in that area, like my Mum is, there's a much better on O'Connor just down from Victoria Park.

I always hit that one up when I'm in Toronto. It's going to be weird. My habit when I visit my Mum - I'd always get up around 5-6 AM, wash the 240sx then drive around the city and see how it had changed since my last visit. Now I have the 240 out here in SK.

#9227919 - 01/09/18 03:28 PM Re: Coin washes near you [Re: titty sprinkles]
Wildout Offline
Post Master Jr

Originally Posted By: titty sprinkles
^any way you do it you'll have saltwater residue getting into the cracks. if you don't rinse off the car before you put the soap brush on the top of your car then you'll just be rubbing in all that salt into the paint and marring it while you do it, especially if you don't have a bucket of clean water there to rinse the wash mitt after every panel.

it's the lesser of two evils. leave the salt shit all over the car or wash it off. regardless the car will rust eventually; any metal + salt = corrosion. another reason i lease cars, i don't keep them long enough to rust lol

Yup, fuck winter.

#9236028 - 01/21/18 09:31 PM Re: Coin washes near you [Re: Wildout]
OracerO Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: GTA
Was getting gas at yonge and steeles esso. Saw a self serve wand wash and touchless/cloth wash, the line up was massive.

Said what the heck, tried the Self serve.

Scam as shit. Don't even use this. You drive into a facility, grab a ticket, basically once you are in there, it starts charging you. $1/minute. I was like ok, i'll do this quickfast. Just did a rinse and jetted. Walk to the pay station inside, out of service. WTF. Had to walk out of the facility with my car still there and navigate through the gas station, parking lot then inside to line up and pay. Cost me $10.

This would cost me $2 at Vallymede/hwy7.

Edited by OracerO (01/21/18 09:32 PM)

#9236504 - 01/22/18 02:23 PM Re: Coin washes near you [Re: OracerO]
titty sprinkles Offline
Post Master Supreme

i useto use that back in the day and it was expensive as fuck. by the time i would wash and dry the car (whole point of being inside) it was like $30. started trading free blockbuster movies to the guy who worked there for time off of the wash lol

bucket washed mine at the coin op yesterday. it's already dirty.

Edited by titty sprinkles (01/22/18 02:27 PM)

#9236566 - 01/22/18 03:24 PM Re: Coin washes near you [Re: titty sprinkles]
Screamin Type ARGH! Offline
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

Loc: T.O. - Canaduh
how the fuck do ppl have time to line up for these auto washes at gas stations?? lol. like i can understand maybe weekend during the day. or why not just go late a night? like even weekday lunch ... what ppl got mad long lunches or just don't work but can afford 12.99 wash? #LAVISH

i'm driving by seeing 8,10,12 cars lined up at these washes and they're not exactly fast jobs either, what is it like 4-8mins per car say depending on the wash option? do the math. big nope there. and the roads are still shit.

"Ban low performance drivers, not high performance cars"

#9236602 - 01/22/18 04:02 PM Re: Coin washes near you [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
titty sprinkles Offline
Post Master Supreme

seriously. i've needed to wash the lexus for a while now, and even at midnight there's a lineup 5 cars deep. fuck that, almost tempted to bust out the power washer and do it my damn self.

luckily there was no lineup at the coin wash when i went.

#9236674 - 01/22/18 04:56 PM Re: Coin washes near you [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
Risky Business Offline
Provides a Great Work Environment. he/him
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: Screamin DC2R
how the fuck do ppl have time to line up for these auto washes at gas stations?? lol. like i can understand maybe weekend during the day. or why not just go late a night? like even weekday lunch ... what ppl got mad long lunches or just don't work but can afford 12.99 wash? #LAVISH

i'm driving by seeing 8,10,12 cars lined up at these washes and they're not exactly fast jobs either, what is it like 4-8mins per car say depending on the wash option? do the math. big nope there. and the roads are still shit.

SHARED PASS BRO, LIFE HACKS, RFD LIFE HACKS MAN, FREE WASH, WON AT LIFE

Page 2 of 2 <12

Moderator:  c2k, LNXGUY, TheRealCSnapper, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads