Page 1 of 8 12345>Last »
Topic Options
#9110708 - 08/20/17 07:39 PM Luxo SUV options,negotiation approach? > '18 Q5 & '17Qashqai
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Toronto, ON
So the S/O is in the market to buy a luxo SUV in about 3 mths... It's been awhile since I've purchased a new vehicle, so it's time to edumacate me...

[Wants]
- SUV, as she likes to be 'high-up', and doesn't like sedans or wagons.
- AWD
- HIDs/LEDs (my want, not hers)
- bells and whistles such as stability control, auto-braking, lane-assist, etc.
- back-up camera, 360 degree camera, etc.
- folding rear seats would be nice (kinda expected?)
- preferably regular gas and/or hybrid ... (kinda contradicts a luxo SUV, but the RX350 fits that bill...)
*** Likely be leasing 3 yrs, likely a trade-in, and we are wallet mechanics.

[Options]
a) Lexus RX350 w/Luxury package MSRP $63500
- AWD, luxo options, regular gas!
- moonroof kinda small... Pano glass roof only avail on RX450H + package

b) Porsche Cayenne ???
- S/O's 'dream car' ... If this, I suggested to her to also at least see the Touareg (same platform, but fatter pig.)
- Haven't looked at packages yes, but so many damned variations
- Was informed there's likely 6+ mth wait for your order, unless you buy what's in the lot...
- I'm already thinking this is off the list, but will likely test drive/sit in it to satisfy her dreams.

c) Porsche Macan?
- Again, haven't looked at it yet. Likely too 'small' for her?

d) Volvo XC90 (/XC60 as well?)
- She mentioned she doesn't like how it looks, so that's kinda out

e) Acura MDX
- Looked at it, sat in the 3rd row... Didn't like it for some reason, but still a likely contention...

f) Tesla model X
- Haven't even considered it, but I'm guessing massive waiting list
- The whole charging-at-home thing likely won't be an ideal setup for where we are now, so this is out
- She contemplated a Model S, but only for the cool factor + tree-hugger reasons...

[Approach]
- How do people do this stuff again nowadays?
- Car Cost Canada/APA 'dealer invoice' pricing, shop that around via email/fax/phone, find lowest price?
- While shopping for lowest price, DO NOT tell them you're leasing vs finance, or trade-in?
- Once finalized price, spring them on trade-in value?
- Once finalized on final price + trade-in, then spring it on them we're going leasing option?

Lexus also has the concept of a 'security' deposit ... To which you basically give them an interest-free 'loan' to lower the price of your vehicle cost, and they return the money back to you at end of lease... I think this is more beneficial to them than you...?

Lexus also asked whether the trade-in vehicle is paid off... If we trade-in, do we always have to pay it off first, or can they 'deal' with all the paperwork associated with that, or?

S/O is kind hands-off on this... I'd prefer we're not taken in for newbs on the whole ordeal...

Advice would be great.

For future reference: https://beta.theglobeandmail.com/globe-d...rticle22062170/

For my reference: 'Unhaggle' team running a thread on RFD for 'invoice cost' ...

https://forums.redflagdeals.com/request-...rs-1254621/700/

Edited by furball (10/20/17 01:05 PM)

#9110715 - 08/20/17 07:50 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: furball]
Senor Eduardo_82 Offline
miataist
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Ca�ada
Do you have a moment to talk about Miata?
#9110726 - 08/20/17 08:01 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: Senor Eduardo_82]
Risky Business Offline
Provides a Great Work Environment. he/him
Post Master Supreme

OP have you considered checking prices for all of your options, they vary quite a bit. Probably start there or just get a Range Rover and call it.
#9110729 - 08/20/17 08:07 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: Risky Business]
The Postman Offline
A-List Member also The Man
Post Master Sr

Wife and I both really like our MDX.
#9110754 - 08/20/17 08:52 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: The Postman]
titty sprinkles Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto,Ontario
It's a lease, they are all regular gas lol

#9110785 - 08/20/17 09:52 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: Risky Business]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

Yes, quite the range ... And again, not something she's looked into, so it's my job to get into the nitty gritty... I'm thinking the Cayenne is out, considering all the things she 'thinks' is part of the base models, but actually aren't. (example: Macan's can be had with halogen headlights wtf )

To get the monthly lease payments she 'thinks' she can do, require massive down payments, which ... are just fuuuucked... I mean, it's ... a downpayment. That money vanishes into the ether and you never get it back...

Originally Posted By: Risky Business
OP have you considered checking prices for all of your options, they vary quite a bit. Probably start there or just get a Range Rover and call it.

Originally Posted By: titty sprinkles
It's a lease, they are all regular gas lol

... Hah...never really thought about this. If it ain't acting sluggish or throwing a code, we'll use 87 if it works I guess?

Edited by furball (08/20/17 09:59 PM)

#9110856 - 08/21/17 12:11 AM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: furball]
Hatorade Offline
pheggit
Post Master Supreme

What is your budget? You're all over the place. It's like shopping for a 911 or a Ferrari la Ferrari...

Does it need to be new, all these suv's depreciate like a rock. Like the cayenne no point buying new as a replacement is due so might as find a CPO. Everyone knows how I feel about Acura, when one spending this kind of money Acura just doesn't cut it. Still feels like a dressed up Honda.

If leasing NEVER put money down.

'07 997.1 GT3
'08 E90 M3
'11 E90 d
'02 Rota Grid - 195-55-16FR (RIP)
'04 Volk GTC - 245-35-19F/275-35-19R (Sold to a farm boi)
I thought Spark was a robot from the old movie and I kind of remember seeing him telling some engineer showing the equation for a clear metal that the guy would event years later - porschetr

#9110955 - 08/21/17 08:12 AM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: Hatorade]
Screamin Type ARGH! Offline
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

Loc: T.O. - Canaduh
 Originally Posted By: Hatorade
What is your budget? You're all over the place. It's like shopping for a 911 or a Ferrari la Ferrari...

Does it need to be new, all these suv's depreciate like a rock. Like the cayenne no point buying new as a replacement is due so might as find a CPO. Everyone knows how I feel about Acura, when one spending this kind of money Acura just doesn't cut it. Still feels like a dressed up Honda.

If leasing NEVER put money down.

^ - well i know for 'next gen' acuras like 2020 tlx they will really step away from that idea. ie. tlx will not be like the accord per say. i think in the trucks with shared platform it's more common though...curious if they try and separate the level a bit. mdx is a sweet truck vs. "just a pilot" but jeez with the new pilot and how it is, no need for an mdx lol.

btw, i think all newer acuras as "premium recommended" only now. not a must. mind you in winter at least it'd prob be better to run 91.

lexus...zzzzzzzzz

zeegerman trucks you best have warranty. i'd trust the porsche over the bimmer/benz units even, not sure about the audi Q series. saw a new 2017 Q7...back is ugly as usual, looks like a sad robot face again.

she doesn't like the volvos?! shit man i drove a new xc90 and it'd prob be my FIRST choice on your list lol.

"Ban low performance drivers, not high performance cars"

#9111069 - 08/21/17 09:59 AM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
Just A Troll Offline
Curved Street Thug Life
Post Master

I was looking at that but I don't really need a 3rd row seat.

c) Porsche Macan?
There's no trunk in that thing. It's useless.

e) Acura MDX
Again, don't need the 3rd row seat but I liked it very much.

Your picks are weird. They're not even in the same market segment. You got 2 row crossovers, 3 row SUVs, etc. It looks to me that you're more interested in getting a luxo brand SUV more than filling an actual need for an SUV.

I can't believe you mentioned Acura MDX and Porsche Macan in the same post. And where's the BMW, Audi, Mercedes SUVs then?

#9111167 - 08/21/17 10:58 AM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: Just A Troll]
porschetr Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: WBridge
 Originally Posted By: Just A Troll

There's no 3rd row seat in RX

Originally Posted By: furball

You can get the Pano roof with RX350.

Option Package
-F SPORT Series 3 or
-Executive Package

#9111236 - 08/21/17 11:55 AM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: porschetr]
spd-dmn Offline
Post Master

Leasing? 2018 Q5

Drive one before you finalize anything \:\)

Then compare payments. Q5 has a wicked residual value.

#9111238 - 08/21/17 11:57 AM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: porschetr]
Hatorade Offline
pheggit
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: porschetr

You can get the Pano roof with RX350.

Option Package
-F SPORT Series 3 or
-Executive Package

For the price of one of those I'd rather wait for the new X3. I still don't understand fur balls list. What exactly is the priority? Fuel consumption, space, cost, luxury????????????

Honestly this is the worst fucking list ever lol

'07 997.1 GT3
'08 E90 M3
'11 E90 d
I thought Spark was a robot from the old movie and I kind of remember seeing him telling some engineer showing the equation for a clear metal that the guy would event years later - porschetr

#9111369 - 08/21/17 02:06 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: porschetr]
Just A Troll Offline
Curved Street Thug Life
Post Master

Originally Posted By: porschetr

Probably confused it with another model I saw in the showroom. My bad.

#9111680 - 08/21/17 08:16 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: Just A Troll]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

The S/O's list is ... from the mind of a woman. So yeah, it's all over the place.

She prefers a larger SUV over cross-overs as she prefers the 'height' advantage. She/we don't need a 3rd row at this point -- there's no Fido or triplets yet.

She hated the Lexus NX200 just looking at it \:\|

I think she might like Audi Q3/Q5 ... I think the Porsche, Audi, BMW, MB are out of budget ... I'd really prefer not to plow a trade-in into the downpayment...

Crunching the numbers, looking like she's getting a fucking RAV4-level of 'luxe'...

I'm more concerned about the approach on negotiation than anything...

(A Honda HR-V is in the cards soon, maybe even sooner than the luxo SUV, for the mother-in-law. Will be purchased, maybe with a trade-in. Picked it over the Toyota C-HR, and the Mazda CX3. MIL wanted something 'higher off the ground' than the hand-me-down Civic sedan she has.)

#9111719 - 08/21/17 08:44 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: furball]
porschetr Offline
Post Master Supreme

Did she just get demoted overnight?
Your budget just got cut into half.

#9111789 - 08/21/17 09:27 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: porschetr]
hyper-s2k Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: T dot O dot, Canada
List is all over the place. Inconsistent search criteria.

Just have a monthly number in mind and agreeable between you two, and whatever the F she picks, just go with it.

Whatever she picks will end up to be outside of the input that this forum will give.
'03 s2k - now @ 80,xxx km - a2a car
'08 535i - sold @ 149,421 km - cashed out just in time!
'08 impreza 2.5i - sold @ - 64,147 km - smh POS
'01 rav4 - killed @ 155,879 km - RIP old friend

"Driving in the snow is like sex. If you want to avoid accidents, abstinence is the best policy. If you're gonna take her for a spin, use protection." - Rick Mercer

#9111867 - 08/22/17 04:55 AM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: hyper-s2k]
spd-dmn Offline
Post Master

What is the monthly number? Any trade in?

If you want to meet up I can show you the Q5 one day. (Absolutely 0 pressure, im not in sales.)

#9111970 - 08/22/17 09:28 AM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: spd-dmn]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

From a model x to a rav 4?

I like where this thread is headed. I wish i was a fly on the wall at furball's residence.

furballetta: ummm like i want a cayenne or a tesla, just not sure which one, but i want it in WHITE.

furball:

furball: how about a Rav 4? That's in our budget.

furballetta:

#9112810 - 08/23/17 01:17 AM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: Risky Business]
titty sprinkles Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto,Ontario
All signs point to a rdx or MDX right now.

#9113052 - 08/23/17 09:42 AM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: Senor Eduardo_82]
hyper-s2k Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: T dot O dot, Canada
 Originally Posted By: eddie_82
Do you have a moment to talk about Miata?

Talk not needed - OP's woman needs this:

'03 s2k - now @ 80,xxx km - a2a car
'08 535i - sold @ 149,421 km - cashed out just in time!
'08 impreza 2.5i - sold @ - 64,147 km - smh POS
'01 rav4 - killed @ 155,879 km - RIP old friend

"Driving in the snow is like sex. If you want to avoid accidents, abstinence is the best policy. If you're gonna take her for a spin, use protection." - Rick Mercer

#9113080 - 08/23/17 10:09 AM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: furball]
Senor Eduardo_82 Offline
miataist
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Ca�ada
I would suggest taking a very close look at the Bentayga. I think it checks a lot of the boxes for you and the wife.

Along the same lines you could also check out the Kia Rondo.

#9114160 - 08/24/17 11:41 AM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: Senor Eduardo_82]
OracerO Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: GTA
I was reading this thread and it went from the largest SUV's on a pricier scale to ....Rav 4s?

Actually if you're on that price scale.
The hybrid rav4.

I leased a Nx200t last year as well. It's just alright. Feels like a fancy Rav4.

#9116329 - 08/26/17 07:52 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: Risky Business]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

Pretty much \:\|

furball:

So... here's the update:

- My numbers weren't working out properly, and the 'RAV4' idea came about as I didn't take into account residual value, i.e. I was basically trying to FINANCE a car in 24-36 mths

- Test drove:
a) Porsche Macan -- sweet little car, out of the price range, WAYYYY too many buttons along the centre dash/transmission column
- Sat in a Cayenne, didn't bother driving. The HOLY SHIT handles are awesome ... WAY too many buttons along the transmission column \:\|

b) Lexus RX450h, RX350 - RX350 is a BOAT in the rear seats. Felt like we were sun tanning in greenhouse (rear seats reclined, huge pano roof.)

c) Lexus NX200t size was also good. Just... didn't feel that great.

d) Audi Q3 - she was turned off by the 'retro' dash and the dippy-looking low-res screen, as well as the engine noise, but size was ok.

e) Audi Q5 - only thing she didn't like, and I hated, was the rear floor hump. The saggy-diaper ass in the rear isn't as bad as the Q7's...

- Ended up with an Audi SQ5. Wait time 3-4 mths \:\|

- Ended up with an 'old school' salesman that we just walked into the dealership. Guy had this idea that I was the 'man', and that I was buying a car for the wife. Nope. I kept telling him you need to explain to my wife xx and yy ... He was nice, but was very 'Asian', always referring/deferring to me as if I was the final decision. Hilarity ensued for quite some time...

- At a number of points, sales guy looked at me and said 'look just tell me what you want and I'll do it...' \:\| I was like ... wtf... Anyway... it's f'ing over with, now the waiting, and then the little 'upgrades' when we get it... winter mats, winter tires/rims(?), etc.

- Wifey is an impulse buyer, and got impatient and said FUCK IT, I can't keep up with all these vehicles, even based on LOOKS. I'm buying THIS.

#9116338 - 08/26/17 08:01 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: furball]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

Next vehicle looking to manage negotiations will be the Honda HR-V ...
#9116386 - 08/26/17 08:56 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: furball]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

\:o

That is a sick choice man, HUGE fan of the SQ5 - probably the best CUV/SUV for the money!

Colour/options/price details????

#9116740 - 08/27/17 07:13 AM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: Risky Business]
c2k Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Wiesloch-Walldorf, Germany
Upper James Stealership?

#9116753 - 08/27/17 08:15 AM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: c2k]
spd-dmn Offline
Post Master

damn son. congrats.

deets on options??

#9116905 - 08/27/17 03:18 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: furball]
xza8 Offline
Sr Member

Pretty much \:\|

furball:

So... here's the update:

- My numbers weren't working out properly, and the 'RAV4' idea came about as I didn't take into account residual value, i.e. I was basically trying to FINANCE a car in 24-36 mths

- Test drove:
a) Porsche Macan -- sweet little car, out of the price range, WAYYYY too many buttons along the centre dash/transmission column
- Sat in a Cayenne, didn't bother driving. The HOLY SHIT handles are awesome ... WAY too many buttons along the transmission column \:\|

b) Lexus RX450h, RX350 - RX350 is a BOAT in the rear seats. Felt like we were sun tanning in greenhouse (rear seats reclined, huge pano roof.)

c) Lexus NX200t size was also good. Just... didn't feel that great.

d) Audi Q3 - she was turned off by the 'retro' dash and the dippy-looking low-res screen, as well as the engine noise, but size was ok.

e) Audi Q5 - only thing she didn't like, and I hated, was the rear floor hump. The saggy-diaper ass in the rear isn't as bad as the Q7's...

- Ended up with an Audi SQ5. Wait time 3-4 mths \:\|

- Ended up with an 'old school' salesman that we just walked into the dealership. Guy had this idea that I was the 'man', and that I was buying a car for the wife. Nope. I kept telling him you need to explain to my wife xx and yy ... He was nice, but was very 'Asian', always referring/deferring to me as if I was the final decision. Hilarity ensued for quite some time...

- At a number of points, sales guy looked at me and said 'look just tell me what you want and I'll do it...' \:\| I was like ... wtf... Anyway... it's f'ing over with, now the waiting, and then the little 'upgrades' when we get it... winter mats, winter tires/rims(?), etc.

- Wifey is an impulse buyer, and got impatient and said FUCK IT, I can't keep up with all these vehicles, even based on LOOKS. I'm buying THIS.

Next year Macan will be button-less, like the new Panamera

This year Cayenne will be button-less, like the new Panamera

I'm in rush to get this year's Macan before they update to glass screen buttons. After driving the Tesla for a bit, I realize, although clean and minimal, it is so stupid to have touchscreen buttons while driving. You need to take your eyes off the road to adjust temperature, basically do anything.

Also in a rush to get this year's RR before they update to the new console like the Velar.

#9116930 - 08/27/17 04:13 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: xza8]
OracerO Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: GTA
SQ5? sick.

Color?

#9117061 - 08/27/17 10:18 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: OracerO]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

Update: apologies for all the boners and misunderstandings...

Ordered the Q5. Not the SQ5. \:\| (I was supposed to say Q5 with S-line trim, but we also x-nayed that...)

The diamond-stitching seats really got the boner going... Until wifey said fuck that shit ...

The Q5 we got is pretty optioned out ... We got the cooling seats I think, and the console dash ... She hates the HUD, so either we killed it or we'll turn it off if it does come with it.

I come home to find out she's now looking at some fucking Audi forums Says the nutty Q5 owners are bugging their sales reps for delivery updates, then TRACKING the cargo ships or some shit... Well, she ain't gonna be on CSI:ON that's for sure <runsToSignUpForAllAudiForums>

Edited by furball (08/27/17 10:21 PM)

#9117076 - 08/27/17 11:08 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: furball]
Hatorade Offline
pheggit
Post Master Supreme

Isn't the Q5 due for a redesign? Since you need to wait, should've lookedninto the new X3.

'07 997.1 GT3
'08 E90 M3
'11 E90 d

#9117139 - 08/28/17 07:30 AM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: Hatorade]
spd-dmn Offline
Post Master

The 2018 Q5 is all-new (assuming it is an 18.... at this rate OP could have really bought a CR-V). X3 got nothin on dat.

furball if you want to give me your comm#, i can help you track your car if you care.

#9117140 - 08/28/17 07:33 AM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: spd-dmn]
spd-dmn Offline
Post Master

wat it do

#9117151 - 08/28/17 08:06 AM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: spd-dmn]
Screamin Type ARGH! Offline
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

Loc: T.O. - Canaduh
hhnngggg nice.

as for hrv...you prob won't get much negotiating to your liking, they sell out quick and dlr's don't make a lot on those or Fit's lol.

"Ban low performance drivers, not high performance cars"

#9117155 - 08/28/17 08:18 AM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
porschetr Offline
Post Master Supreme

LoL.
It's a Freaking roller coaster thread.
Congrats anyway.!

Page 1 of 8 12345>Last »

Moderator:  c2k, LNXGUY, TheRealCSnapper, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads