Page 3 of 8 <12345>Last »
Topic Options
#9130866 - 09/12/17 09:58 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: furball]
Cee_mon Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Barrie, Ontario
I work at a mazda dealer in barrie. If you want a price check on a deal PM me and I can have my guys try and beat it.

#9131004 - 09/13/17 09:57 AM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: furball]
iamfob Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Out There
 Originally Posted By: furball
+ aftermarket backup camera...
-

Please don't...don't be that ChinAr

#9136261 - 09/19/17 07:55 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: iamfob]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Toronto, ON
Wifey's getting sick of the Honda for whatever reason ...

And so ... the money bet is on the Nissan Qashqai \:\|

Likely gonna pick one up in October.

Edited by furball (09/19/17 07:55 PM)

#9136375 - 09/19/17 09:56 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: furball]
A2B-Lexus Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Raptors Land
Test drove the HRV at Markham Honda. These guys really don't want to sell cars. First thing they said when I told them I was looking for an HRV was that they only have the white one on the floor left and the sales person wanted to walk away. I had to ask the guy if it is for sale or not and he hesitantly stayed to serve me.

Test drove an used LX they had on the lot. It felt ok but the engine seemed very loud. The wife is kinda set on the EX-L.....will be pulling the trigger if I can find an used one under 40kms.

#9136589 - 09/20/17 09:24 AM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: A2B-Lexus]
Hatorade Offline
pheggit
Post Master Supreme

A2b look for a guy named Seasons. He was helping me with a car and offered me a good diu without even trying lol

'07 997.1 GT3
'08 E90 M3
'11 E90 d
'02 Rota Grid - 195-55-16FR (RIP)
'04 Volk GTC - 245-35-19F/275-35-19R (Sold to a farm boi)
I thought Spark was a robot from the old movie and I kind of remember seeing him telling some engineer showing the equation for a clear metal that the guy would event years later - porschetr

#9136591 - 09/20/17 09:24 AM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: Hatorade]
Hatorade Offline
pheggit
Post Master Supreme

Also if looking at hrv why not look at chr?

'07 997.1 GT3
'08 E90 M3
'11 E90 d
I thought Spark was a robot from the old movie and I kind of remember seeing him telling some engineer showing the equation for a clear metal that the guy would event years later - porschetr

#9136605 - 09/20/17 09:36 AM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: A2B-Lexus]
iamfob Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: A2B-Lexus
if I can find an used one under 40kms.

Used under 40 km? So the car is brand new lulz
Even a demo have more than 40 km

The HR-V sells like hot cake at the dealer, Screamin' is happy.

#9136636 - 09/20/17 10:15 AM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: iamfob]
SuPeR-MaRiO Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Toronto, Ontario
@A2B since you're in the east end, try Roadsport Honda. Qi Li (Chili) has always been good to people I know.

#9136710 - 09/20/17 11:00 AM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: SuPeR-MaRiO]
Hatorade Offline
pheggit
Post Master Supreme

Chili looks fucking gangster

'07 997.1 GT3
'08 E90 M3
'11 E90 d

#9136782 - 09/20/17 11:36 AM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: Hatorade]
SuPeR-MaRiO Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Toronto, Ontario
From what I'm told, he's their top sales guy. I know quite a number of people that have been repeat customers of his due to his service and pricing (apparently being their top guy gives him more flexibility and power).
#9138129 - 09/21/17 09:37 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: iamfob]
A2B-Lexus Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: iamfob
if I can find an used one under 40kms.

Used under 40 km? So the car is brand new lulz
Even a demo have more than 40 km

The HR-V sells like hot cake at the dealer, Screamin' is happy.

Sorry.....40K......

There were about 3-5 EX-L when I was casually looking in June at around $26k.....not in a hurry...don't think EX-L is worth $30k+ tax.

I can give that dude a try but I am not huge on buying new....hate paying PDI, etc.

#9138345 - 09/22/17 10:09 AM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: A2B-Lexus]
iamfob Offline
Post Master Supreme

^ So you want to spend under $40,000 for a Honda HR-V EX-L? #Baller
I didn't know they are so damn expensive for a tiny crossover.

#9138627 - 09/22/17 01:51 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: iamfob]
A2B-Lexus Offline
Post Master Supreme

I want to spend $30k TOPS all in....if I had my way, I would be ok without the L package but the wife wants...she gets.(She isn't asking for an Macan or anything silly so it isn't worth fighting)
#9138638 - 09/22/17 02:01 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: A2B-Lexus]
4age Offline
XD XD XD XD
Post Master Sr

Loc: North York, Ontario, Canada
u should be able to get an HRV for 30k all in (even if new with pdi etc).
I'd be surprised if it was much more than that??? How much is an EX-L wowowow.

XD XD XD XD

#9138661 - 09/22/17 02:18 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: 4age]
Screamin Type ARGH! Offline
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

Loc: T.O. - Canaduh
'18 HRV

EX is 29,300+tx/freight/pdi
EXL Navi is 32,500+tax/freight/pdi
but this is MSRP so see what each dealer can do for you (prob not much since they sell out and they don't make much on new car sale).

see if any good diu's on '17 models left (if any)

there is no EX-L non-navi trim unfortunately.
the two big jumps in price are always 2wd to 4wd models (same with crv) and of course navi, or even when you go above LX models trims. HRV doesn't have as much trim selection as say CRV or Pilot.

also don't forget HRV is already midway thru it's life cycle so it's becoming older before full model change. any new car coming out in a matching class/segment will usually have a leg up re. more bang for the buck too.

but shit if you're into the low 30k range...you should seriously look at a new CRV lower trim. or if she likes the civic hatch.

"Ban low performance drivers, not high performance cars"

#9138753 - 09/22/17 03:26 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: A2B-Lexus]
iamfob Offline
Post Master Supreme

I want to spend $30k TOPS all in....if I had my way, I would be ok without the L package but the wife wants...she gets.(She isn't asking for an Macan or anything silly so it isn't worth fighting)

Is the OEM navigation that important? I don't bother with nav since I know the place I am going (home->work->gym->home,etc.). Also if I am going unfamiliar places, I have Waze/Google Map on my phone or my good ol' Garmin GPS from 2011

Also Honda's leather is garbage, I am happy with their cloth seats. For German cars, I would go for their leather.

#9138826 - 09/22/17 04:24 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: iamfob]
A2B-Lexus Offline
Post Master Supreme

I am not driving it.....wife will be. Not important to me but she wants more than what she has now in the Fiat 500 (Aside from a big sunroof, its pretty bare bones).
#9138836 - 09/22/17 04:31 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: A2B-Lexus]
4age Offline
XD XD XD XD
Post Master Sr

Loc: North York, Ontario, Canada
Why can't you go for anything with android auto or apple car play? You can nav all day with those without needing to pay for nav? I think most new Honda infotainment has that now. I'm shocked at the HRV pricing though - that's completely bonkers.

XD XD XD XD

#9138864 - 09/22/17 05:04 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: iamfob]
titty sprinkles Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto,Ontario

Is the OEM navigation that important? I don't bother with nav since I know the place I am going (home->work->gym->home,etc.). Also if I am going unfamiliar places, I have Waze/Google Map on my phone or my good ol' Garmin GPS from 2011

Also Honda's leather is garbage, I am happy with their cloth seats. For German cars, I would go for their leather.

are you saying honda specifically or honda/acura leather? but i'll put my leather interior up against a 3 or 5 series anyday. was one huge reason i didnt go with the three series. (i'm also not talking about the leather that comes in 7 or M series cars)

#9139056 - 09/22/17 10:09 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: titty sprinkles]
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: titty sprinkles

are you saying honda specifically or honda/acura leather? but i'll put my leather interior up against a 3 or 5 series anyday. was one huge reason i didnt go with the three series. (i'm also not talking about the leather that comes in 7 or M series cars)

yeah the new tlx leather is pimp. as is the 2018 accord.

#9139075 - 09/22/17 11:10 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: 4age]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: 4age
Why can't you go for anything with android auto or apple car play? You can nav all day with those without needing to pay for nav? I think most new Honda infotainment has that now. I'm shocked at the HRV pricing though - that's completely bonkers.

I mentioned it to her about apple car play....I think she is just sick of driving bare bones and likes the refine things such as "leather". She also don't feel comfortable driving a bigger car so the choices are a little limited.....

#9139077 - 09/22/17 11:18 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: Anonymous]
A2B-Lexus Offline
Post Master Supreme

I like the new CRV...she finds it big. I don't want the "I told you so" when I have to take it to the shop to do body work. LOL
#9139226 - 09/23/17 11:34 AM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: A2B-Lexus]
Risky Business Offline
Provides a Great Work Environment. he/him
Post Master Supreme

I had the same discussion with my wife, completely dead set against driving a car bigger than the matrix. I was looking at highlander, 4runner, venza, etc. even though she was dead set against all of them.

Kept getting the "no, i am not driving it, no it's too big, etc"

In the end you have to do what's for the greater good for the family. If you think i am going to sit in a matrix/hrv/insert small CUV here with my fucking face in the dashboard because i can't properly install a rear facing car seat or constantly not having room in a car that's supposed to be "the" family car, fuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk that.

I bought the venza after multiple low tone arguments, I had to deal with a couple of complaints regarding its size for the first 48 hours, now loves it and is used it. These are "fights" worth having, they will see the light eventually \:D

I have a buddy who bought an X1, same thing, wife didn't want a bigger car so they "upgraded" to an X1 for size...achieved absolutely nothing compared to their prior car. Can't put a rear facing seat without the front seat being all the way to the front, the car is absolutely useless. He hates it, family outings are a fucking mess, now with a second on the way they have to yet again buy another car because this thing can't even hold a stroller/diaper bag adequately while adults aren't cramped af.

If you get an HRV, i promise you the decision will haunt you for as long as you own the car if you plan to use it as a family car with newborns. The CRV is a perfect compromise and considering this will be a family car the HRV is just a stupid decision all around.

Lastly, another thing i picked up from this forum (I think it was SW20) is that you have to consider the grandparents situation. I thought that was a nonissue, but it's actually a key factor. Since you aren't getting a van (which is the best vehicle for a family) then you want a car big enough that you can carry your kids and at least one MIL (which is your best asset for longer day trips). The venza doesn't have 3rd row seating, but has the widest in class rear seat, 2 baby seats and 1 adult can comfortably be seated, or 2 adults + 1 baby seat and the trunk is fairly large. Good luck doing that in HRV, the CRV would be adequate at least.

/rant

#9139357 - 09/23/17 02:29 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: Risky Business]
A2B-Lexus Offline
Post Master Supreme

My wife is 5 feet tall so even though she can navigate a bigger vehicle, she can't get anything too tall because she won't be able to lug around a bb when the time comes.

Once we have a family, I will kiss the Lexus goodbye and go SUV or full out van.

#9139553 - 09/23/17 09:26 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: Risky Business]
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: Risky Business
I had the same discussion with my wife, completely dead set against driving a car bigger than the matrix. I was looking at highlander, 4runner, venza, etc. even though she was dead set against all of them.

Kept getting the "no, i am not driving it, no it's too big, etc"

In the end you have to do what's for the greater good for the family. If you think i am going to sit in a matrix/hrv/insert small CUV here with my fucking face in the dashboard because i can't properly install a rear facing car seat or constantly not having room in a car that's supposed to be "the" family car, fuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk that.

I bought the venza after multiple low tone arguments, I had to deal with a couple of complaints regarding its size for the first 48 hours, now loves it and is used it. These are "fights" worth having, they will see the light eventually \:D

I have a buddy who bought an X1, same thing, wife didn't want a bigger car so they "upgraded" to an X1 for size...achieved absolutely nothing compared to their prior car. Can't put a rear facing seat without the front seat being all the way to the front, the car is absolutely useless. He hates it, family outings are a fucking mess, now with a second on the way they have to yet again buy another car because this thing can't even hold a stroller/diaper bag adequately while adults aren't cramped af.

If you get an HRV, i promise you the decision will haunt you for as long as you own the car if you plan to use it as a family car with newborns. The CRV is a perfect compromise and considering this will be a family car the HRV is just a stupid decision all around.

Lastly, another thing i picked up from this forum (I think it was SW20) is that you have to consider the grandparents situation. I thought that was a nonissue, but it's actually a key factor. Since you aren't getting a van (which is the best vehicle for a family) then you want a car big enough that you can carry your kids and at least one MIL (which is your best asset for longer day trips). The venza doesn't have 3rd row seating, but has the widest in class rear seat, 2 baby seats and 1 adult can comfortably be seated, or 2 adults + 1 baby seat and the trunk is fairly large. Good luck doing that in HRV, the CRV would be adequate at least.

/rant

+1 on both takes, esp the grand parents part (her anyways at least since they no longer drive). the 17 crv lease now is great but with 2 kid seats taking up the back....game over since you have 1 small ass spot now for maybe a bag or cramped adult spot. trunk fills quick enough too lol.

would looooove a pilot or mdx but maybe next year depending on finances. rdx is nice and a touuuuch bigger than crv but still only 5 seats. she doesnt want ody lol, i dont mind but meh....suv nicer.

#9139697 - 09/24/17 09:20 AM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
hyper-s2k Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: T dot O dot, Canada
Wifey is 5 ft. even - she loves sport cutes because she can sit higher.

Her big gripe back in the day with big SUVs is that she can't reach the tail gate that lifts up (no power trunk in most models) - even her first sport cute was the 2nd gen RAV4 where the tail gate opens like a fridge door. And same opinion as most - she can maneuver a bigger car but not for day to day driving (more effort in her opinion). .

She was fine with the x3 (small increase) but didn't want to drive the 5-series. One day she had to (I had a migraine mid-way into our trip; couldn't see the road) - the more she drove it, the more she liked it (smooth and good power \:D ) - she even admitted that it felt like the size of the x3 and wasn't as big as she thought it would (in terms of managing parking situations).

Now she's interested in the x5 (with 3rd row) - so we can occasionally bus grandparents or my cousins 3 kids (they have a QX60 with 3rd row).

Women. Go figure.
'03 s2k - now @ 80,xxx km - a2a car
'08 535i - sold @ 149,421 km - cashed out just in time!
'08 impreza 2.5i - sold @ - 64,147 km - smh POS
'01 rav4 - killed @ 155,879 km - RIP old friend

"Driving in the snow is like sex. If you want to avoid accidents, abstinence is the best policy. If you're gonna take her for a spin, use protection." - Rick Mercer

#9139699 - 09/24/17 09:30 AM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: A2B-Lexus]
hyper-s2k Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: T dot O dot, Canada
My wife is 5 feet tall so even though she can navigate a bigger vehicle, she can't get anything too tall because she won't be able to lug around a bb when the time comes.

Once we have a family, I will kiss the Lexus goodbye and go SUV or full out van.

Given your wife's height is closed to mine, for her, the taller SUVs allowed her to drop the infant car seat tub at height level - but for the smaller sport cutes (X1) and any sedan - she had to bend down a bit which she felt was harder on her back.

When the time comes and you are car shopping again - go to the showroom with your car seat.

Some will be a PITA to even install (esp. that 3rd hook in the back, like the prev. - 3rd gen RAV4) which is why we didn't get that over the x3.
'03 s2k - now @ 80,xxx km - a2a car
'08 535i - sold @ 149,421 km - cashed out just in time!
'08 impreza 2.5i - sold @ - 64,147 km - smh POS
'01 rav4 - killed @ 155,879 km - RIP old friend

"Driving in the snow is like sex. If you want to avoid accidents, abstinence is the best policy. If you're gonna take her for a spin, use protection." - Rick Mercer

#9139700 - 09/24/17 09:44 AM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: hyper-s2k]
Hatorade Offline
pheggit
Post Master Supreme

X5 has a useless 3rd row. Look at highlander or the new atlas if one is needed.

'07 997.1 GT3
'08 E90 M3
'11 E90 d

#9139725 - 09/24/17 10:55 AM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: Hatorade]
A2B-Lexus Offline
Post Master Supreme

Thanks for the heads up Hyper. Good to know.

Just realized for the same $ as an used HRV, I can just get into a previous gen RDX.....so much more car for the coin.

http://wwwa.autotrader.ca/a/Acura/RDX/Et...&orup=14_15_100

I am not a fan of the looks but its SOOOO Much more value. Need to do some research to see if there is anything wrong with the car aside from the looks.

#9139742 - 09/24/17 11:36 AM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: A2B-Lexus]
Risky Business Offline
Provides a Great Work Environment. he/him
Post Master Supreme

So wait, a few posts ago the CRV was too big/too high (hence HRV), but now the RDX is the runner up?

JFC regardless of how your logic works, it seems there is a chance you will arrive at a better choice than the HRV. At least that's good.

My wife is 5'2, a crossover is actually perfect height for lifting/placing a car seat. You should probably try it first before assuming it's too high. We are not talking about a Sequoia here, a crossover is like 6 inches higher than a sedan.

Also, just to note, usually the family car is the mom's car, so you getting a van/suv later and your wife driving the HRV also makes no sense unless you are the one that will do all doctors appointments, grocery shopping, mat leave, etc.

#9139744 - 09/24/17 11:49 AM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: A2B-Lexus]
Hatorade Offline
pheggit
Post Master Supreme

Thanks for the heads up Hyper. Good to know.

Just realized for the same $ as an used HRV, I can just get into a previous gen RDX.....so much more car for the coin.

http://wwwa.autotrader.ca/a/Acura/RDX/Et...&orup=14_15_100

I am not a fan of the looks but its SOOOO Much more value. Need to do some research to see if there is anything wrong with the car aside from the looks.

Yup the acuras are cheap used as no one wants that ugly shit lol. I was contemplating buying a 2016 MDX, but just couldn't do it. It's simply too fugly and can't stand the interior either.

'07 997.1 GT3
'08 E90 M3
'11 E90 d

#9139747 - 09/24/17 11:59 AM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: Hatorade]
A2B-Lexus Offline
Post Master Supreme

The HRV isn't a looker so going from that to RDX isn't much of a stretch.

As for the size thing, we have to go look to try it out to see if she can get in and out easily. There aren't too many choices....everything is HUGE nowadays. Audi's are nice but the couple of people who I know had Q3s and Q5s had issues with them. PLUS, don't want to drop the coin on one.

The main thing is she has to be able to get in and out and with a kid eventually. We are looking for best bang for the buck, not terrible resale, reliable and having some bells and whistles. Looks aren't tops since its an SUV, not a sports car....

This is more like appliances shopping...just need to get her done.

#9139768 - 09/24/17 12:27 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: A2B-Lexus]
Hatorade Offline
pheggit
Post Master Supreme

It is an appliance, but you still need to live with it.

'07 997.1 GT3
'08 E90 M3
'11 E90 d

#9139776 - 09/24/17 12:34 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: Hatorade]
A2B-Lexus Offline
Post Master Supreme

The RDX isn't that bad....especially if I can get it at the same $ as an econo HRV.
#9139777 - 09/24/17 12:37 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: A2B-Lexus]
Hatorade Offline
pheggit
Post Master Supreme

Don't forget its shit on gas too.

'07 997.1 GT3
'08 E90 M3
'11 E90 d

Page 3 of 8 <12345>Last »

Moderator:  c2k, LNXGUY, TheRealCSnapper, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads