Page 14 of 25 « First<1213141516>Last »
Topic Options
#9025129 - 05/10/17 01:52 PM Re: Back to basics [Re: SW20_MR2]
SuPeR-MaRiO Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Toronto, Ontario
I am still the biggest sap when it comes to babies/kids crying. I'll admit I'm the first to cave \:\(
#9025626 - 05/11/17 12:46 AM Re: Back to basics [Re: SuPeR-MaRiO]
Risky Business Offline
Provides a Great Work Environment. he/him
Post Master Supreme

We started putting her to sleep in her crib, finally having my bedroom back.

Worst crying we had is when we did the immunization shots 2 weeks ago, needle in each leg, she made that face when you know it's coming and then it was 15 mins of hell

#9026156 - 05/11/17 02:29 PM Re: Back to basics [Re: Risky Business]
titty sprinkles Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto,Ontario
lol, never wear a white shirt on immunization day

#9043451 - 05/30/17 08:52 AM Re: Back to basics [Re: titty sprinkles]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

fatso, just heads up.

We are almost at 3 months now, didn't want to jinx it by posting earlier, but at 9-10 weeks things became waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better.

We can put her to bed around 8pm and she will sleep right through to 3am-4am with one short, no drama feed mid way through and she generally sleeps through it.

That's almost 7 hours without interruption. I mean some nights are worse than others, but she is falling into a schedule.

Makes life so much easier!!! Hang in there, you should be right around that point unless it already happened.

#9043487 - 05/30/17 09:27 AM Re: Back to basics [Re: Risky Business]
SW20_MR2 Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Markham, Ontario, Canada
Good stuff!

#9043515 - 05/30/17 10:02 AM Re: Back to basics [Re: SW20_MR2]
fatso Offline
Post Master

Loc: Ontario
That is good stuff!

We're trying to adhere to a more strict schedule for naps and feeds... we're making progress... Actually, I can't take any credit - it's the wife that's doing everything. I've been messing around with the new lawnmower and just hanging out in the garage dodging fatherhood

jk... sort of........

#9044029 - 05/30/17 03:33 PM Re: Back to basics [Re: fatso]
fatso Offline
Post Master

How the fuck does it end up on the wall????????

#9044554 - 05/31/17 07:27 AM Re: Back to basics [Re: fatso]
fatso Offline
Post Master

So learned yesterday that some formulas (we're using Enfamil) can cause constipation and diapers aren't meant to hold two days worth of poop. Once at capacity, it starts leaking out of the legs, then out of the onsie, and then onto whatever he's sitting on - in this case, my wife.

Wife starts freaking out and stands up, some of it drops on the floor, and rushes him to the change table upstairs. Chucks the kid onto the table, flings off her shitty shirt, grazing the wall at the same time and starts the cleaning process.

So there. That's how it ended up on the wall.

W
T
F

Happy Wednesday peeps!

#9044565 - 05/31/17 07:45 AM Re: Back to basics [Re: fatso]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

On the formula end, we are still supplementing breast milk with Enfamil.

We had a similar issue with the regular Enfamil, it causes constipation, gas, etc. Try the other Enfamil with the proteins already broken down. It tastes like total shit (I've tried both) but it works for more regular poop and less gas. Start off by mixing both enfamils, 75/25 for a couple days, then 50/50, etc until you are 100% on the other one. Problem with the other one is that since it tastes like shit he will drink less, but more often (this is where we are at now). Debating on going back to the old one.

#9044595 - 05/31/17 08:06 AM Re: Back to basics [Re: Risky Business]
zc911 Offline
Ferrari4Sale 😎
Post Master Supreme

Loc: toronto
why add formula?

#9044651 - 05/31/17 08:41 AM Re: Back to basics [Re: zc911]
SW20_MR2 Offline
Post Master Sr

I'm assuming the kid either eats a lot or his wife doesn't produce enough. It was the latter for both of my kids. Shit is damned expensive.

#9044664 - 05/31/17 08:49 AM Re: Back to basics [Re: SW20_MR2]
zc911 Offline
Ferrari4Sale 😎
Post Master Supreme

ya thought about that after I posted. If there is not enough milk that's fine, but if the milk is a flowing don't bother with anything else

#9044673 - 05/31/17 08:55 AM Re: Back to basics [Re: zc911]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

yea not producing enough
#9044688 - 05/31/17 09:04 AM Re: Back to basics [Re: Risky Business]
fatso Offline
Post Master

Well, doc at this point is suggesting we switch over to powdered formula... We've been using ready-to-feed up to this point so I'll be starting the whole thing that was discussed in the first few pages of this all-encompassing thread. Anyway, the paediatrician had basically said there are better options than Enfamil - they just happened to get hooked up with the hospitals so a lot of people start off with this stuff.

I think we landed on some Good Start something something....

Anyway, maybe try a different brand instead of going back to the original Enfamil. I'll keep you posted on the Good Start.

#9044694 - 05/31/17 09:07 AM Re: Back to basics [Re: fatso]
Hatorade Offline
pheggit
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto, ON
Formula sucks, baby will be more prone to constipation. I remember how relieved/happy to see shit in the diaper lol

But whatca gonna do if breast milk isn't producing \:\(

We used enfamill as well and tried switching to good start I think and that's when the kid got real constipated. Don't buy a lot of any formula till you find one that works for the baby.

'07 997.1 GT3
'08 E90 M3
'11 E90 d
'02 Rota Grid - 195-55-16FR (RIP)
'04 Volk GTC - 245-35-19F/275-35-19R (Sold to a farm boi)
I thought Spark was a robot from the old movie and I kind of remember seeing him telling some engineer showing the equation for a clear metal that the guy would event years later - porschetr

#9044707 - 05/31/17 09:17 AM Re: Back to basics [Re: Hatorade]
SW20_MR2 Offline
Post Master Sr

Go to each of the manufacturers websites. They may send you a small sample can of formula.

#9044710 - 05/31/17 09:18 AM Re: Back to basics [Re: fatso]
zc911 Offline
Ferrari4Sale 😎
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: fatso
Well, doc at this point is suggesting we switch over to powdered formula... We've been using ready-to-feed up to this point so I'll be starting the whole thing that was discussed in the first few pages of this all-encompassing thread. Anyway, the paediatrician had basically said there are better options than Enfamil - they just happened to get hooked up with the hospitals so a lot of people start off with this stuff.

Anyway, maybe try a different brand instead of going back to the original Enfamil. I'll keep you posted on the Good Start.

It's called kick backs lol. If there is enough milk there is zero reason to switch to formula.

#9044728 - 05/31/17 09:31 AM Re: Back to basics [Re: SW20_MR2]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: SW20_MR2
Go to each of the manufacturers websites. They may send you a small sample can of formula.

yep, fatso tons of samples are available for free. My wife got a ton of them, we haven't switched to powdered so still bleeding money on the ready to drink stuff.

I've heard good stuff about good start, dreading the day when we switch to powder. Wife is producing more lately though it has been better.

#9044735 - 05/31/17 09:37 AM Re: Back to basics [Re: SW20_MR2]
fatso Offline
Post Master

Damn... good work Mrs. Business! My wife is still not producing enough at this stage so actually we're doing about 75% formula, 25% milk.

Good thinkin - thanks!

#9044740 - 05/31/17 09:39 AM Re: Back to basics [Re: zc911]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: zc911

It's called kick backs lol. If there is enough milk there is zero reason to switch to formula.

THe problem is for new parents you don't know what to expect and if you get a lazy/crappy nurse you will get screwed and be put on formula.

In our case our daughter had trouble latching the first 24 hours and was losing weight. We didn't know any better and the nurse said yea here just take this formula and use it. SUre enough if you are not diligent with breast feeding from the beginning you will have problem producing. Problem is that after birth you are awake 24/7 trying to latch a kid that's not latching, some are easier than others, so when they tell you the kid is losing weight past a normal level you will take anything you are given...and this is how you end up on formula and not producing enough.

#9044741 - 05/31/17 09:40 AM Re: Back to basics [Re: fatso]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

Damn... good work Mrs. Business! My wife is still not producing enough at this stage so actually we're doing about 75% formula, 25% milk.

Hang in there, also ignore all medical advice lol

My wife was told she won't produce more after a certain point, basically to give up.

She said YOLO, power pumps like crazy, that pump is going to burn out I feel since she is pumping every hour, but the supply has steadily been increasing. Don't give up (easy for us to say, can't imagine what the women have to go through mentally).

#9044745 - 05/31/17 09:43 AM Re: Back to basics [Re: Risky Business]
fatso Offline
Post Master

Yeah, mine's been doing the same thing at the same rate... Looking for wife? Just follow the womp womp womp womp sound
#9044786 - 05/31/17 10:06 AM Re: Back to basics [Re: fatso]
xza8 Offline
Sr Member

You need to pump every 2 hours and pump until empty.

That means waking up in the odd hours of night just to pump.

If not empty, body will not produce more milk.

It's like brewed coffee, you need to drain it until a new batch is brewed.

Pump as much as you can and freeze the excess because it will start to dwindle at around 6 months unlike breastfeeding.

Try remedies like:

Fenugreek will seriously boost supply but my son was somewhat allergic to it so we stopped
Lactation cookies (well mainly oats, brewer's yeast and flaxseed)

We use the German stuff to supplement... EU has the strictest food standards and both my son takes it well.

#9044789 - 05/31/17 10:10 AM Re: Back to basics [Re: xza8]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

My wife has been on fenugreek and lactation cookies since like week 1.

Opted not to use prescription drugs due to side effects.

Pumping results will vary between women, 2 hours is not enough though for women who don't produce enough, at least in our case. You have to pump more often than that (currently pumping every hour almost, at night every 2-3), that's how she boosted her supply.

#9044899 - 05/31/17 11:29 AM Re: Back to basics [Re: zc911]
SuPeR-MaRiO Offline
Post Master Sr

Anyone's wife want a breast pump? Its not a pleasant site. The noise (from the motor)) will be engraved in your head. But it works/helps.
#9044918 - 05/31/17 11:38 AM Re: Back to basics [Re: Risky Business]
SuPeR-MaRiO Offline
Post Master Sr

Originally Posted By: Risky Business
still bleeding money on the ready to drink stuff

In between ready-to-drink and powder is the concentrated liquid where you have to add water. Not as expensive (but tastes the same) as the ready-to-drink.

#9045080 - 05/31/17 01:47 PM Re: Back to basics [Re: SuPeR-MaRiO]
SW20_MR2 Offline
Post Master Sr

We just bought the powdered. Kids had no problems drinking it.

#9045082 - 05/31/17 01:49 PM Re: Back to basics [Re: Risky Business]
zc911 Offline
Ferrari4Sale 😎
Post Master Supreme

My wife was told she won't produce more after a certain point, basically to give up.

She said YOLO, power pumps like crazy, that pump is going to burn out I feel since she is pumping every hour, but the supply has steadily been increasing. Don't give up (easy for us to say, can't imagine what the women have to go through mentally).

It's pretty crazy how some nurses and doctors will just take the lazy way out and tell the mom to give up.

The first time my wife got really frustrated because the nurses/doctor/ mid wifes kept telling her different things, about how to latch the baby, how long to let her sleep, don't do this, don't do that. Man o man

The second time, my wife pretty told them to piss off and it went a lot better.

#9045083 - 05/31/17 01:49 PM Re: Back to basics [Re: SW20_MR2]
markw Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Not Toronto
We just bought the powdered. Kids had no problems drinking it.

This. Our first was a formula only baby, powdered is all he had, unless we went on vacation.

#9045088 - 05/31/17 01:53 PM Re: Back to basics [Re: zc911]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

It's pretty crazy how some nurses and doctors will just take the lazy way out and tell the mom to give up.

The first time my wife got really frustrated because the nurses/doctor/ mid wifes kept telling her different things, about how to latch the baby, how long to let her sleep, don't do this, don't do that. Man o man

Isn't it crazy? The "advice" between doctors and nurses is contradictory, it's 2017 and none of them are on the same page, I found that pretty insane. I chalk it up to government workers.

Not sure if you read, but our delivery nurse was such a pos my wife and I were pushing during contractions alone for a good chunk of it. Like she was in labour, I was holding her legs and there was no doctor or nurse.

/just like mother Russia

#9045100 - 05/31/17 01:59 PM Re: Back to basics [Re: Risky Business]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

any advice on what powdered formula to try?
#9045101 - 05/31/17 02:01 PM Re: Back to basics [Re: Risky Business]
zc911 Offline
Ferrari4Sale 😎
Post Master Supreme

Isn't it crazy? The "advice" between doctors and nurses is contradictory, it's 2017 and none of them are on the same page, I found that pretty insane. I chalk it up to government workers.

Not sure if you read, but our delivery nurse was such a pos my wife and I were pushing during contractions alone for a good chunk of it. Like she was in labour, I was holding her legs and there was no doctor or nurse.

/just like mother Russia

that's pretty crazy. They gave my wife the drugs to strengthen the contractions I think it was, right after they decided that he was stuck and we need to do a C section. And then they fucked off.
soooooo you gave my wife the stuff to increase contractions to help get the baby out, but now you don't want her to push. Great, good job

Edited by zc911 (05/31/17 02:01 PM)

#9045108 - 05/31/17 02:05 PM Re: Back to basics [Re: zc911]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

Sounds about right, yup.
#9045126 - 05/31/17 02:25 PM Re: Back to basics [Re: Risky Business]
markw Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Not Toronto

Had to use this with the first, pain in the ass to find at times. Backed him up like whoa at times as well

in the end we switched to this, about $10 cheaper and just as good.

#9045132 - 05/31/17 02:30 PM Re: Back to basics [Re: Risky Business]
titty sprinkles Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto,Ontario

vas when switching from the ready to feed to powdered, it's a good idea to keep with the same brand that you're using now (emfamil i believe?)

reason being is some kids can have a reaction, or gastro difficulties with brand A to brand B, and if you know that baby is taking brand A well, then stick with it atleast for the transition.

Page 14 of 25 « First<1213141516>Last »

Moderator:  c2k, LNXGUY, TheRealCSnapper, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads