Page 2 of 25 <12345>Last »
Topic Options
#8959545 - 02/28/17 11:27 AM Re: Back to basics [Re: Risky Business]
zc911 Offline
Ferrari4Sale 😎
Post Master Supreme

Loc: toronto
 Originally Posted By: Rusky Business
Kinda sucks for baby seat tho, rear seats are tiny. At least it's 4 doors so it should be easier to toss kids inside.

meh you have the Toyota for kid duty. I don't even have two seats in my Jeep, we leave the two seats in my wifes Outback. She drives around more with two of them than I do.

#8959579 - 02/28/17 11:53 AM Re: Back to basics [Re: zc911]
JEFFOS Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto
Buy some weathertech mats. I never had them before but finally bought them for my Q60 and they're pretty damn good and surprisingly light.

#8959590 - 02/28/17 11:58 AM Re: Back to basics [Re: JEFFOS]
SuPeR-MaRiO Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Toronto, Ontario
I bought WeatherTechs for my Odyssey. Best.Fuckin.Purchase.EVAR. And I say that because I have kids.
#8959604 - 02/28/17 12:13 PM Re: Back to basics [Re: SuPeR-MaRiO]
Risky Business Offline
Provides a Great Work Environment. he/him
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: SuPeR-MaRiO
Get a good quality seat protector. It will help prevent the indentations that the car seats will make in the leather.

As for the ones to protect the backside of the front seats, man trust me, the kids don't need to have mud on their shoes to fuck up the seats. Just regular wear and tear (eg. getting in and out every day, kicking the seats [and i dont mean kicking the seats as in being annoying pests. kids will be kids and will just want to wave their feet or whatever. no big deal, but if they're riding in your car everyday, that shit will add up \:\) ])

I noticed the car seat was digging deep into the seats, maybe because I put it on really tight? Not sure.

Anyway, I have these 1/2" thick rubber mats I use for car stuff, ended up cutting a piece out and sliding it behind the base of the seat to prevent damage from it digging in.

I will look into the front seat cover or maybe I will slide a garbage bag over the seat and put the headrest back on and tell the wife that's just how we roll now.

#8959612 - 02/28/17 12:20 PM Re: Back to basics [Re: Risky Business]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

Weathertech is nice but pricey.
#8959618 - 02/28/17 12:25 PM Re: Back to basics [Re: Risky Business]
Denis Si Offline
Post Master

Loc: T.O.
Vas just do it ghetto style like me. I just have a black towel running from top to bottom.

Btw what do you have? An infant car seat that clicks into the base or actually seat and you take the kid out ?

Edited by Denis Si (02/28/17 12:26 PM)

#8959621 - 02/28/17 12:26 PM Re: Back to basics [Re: Denis Si]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

It's Graco something, base and carseat that clicks in
#8959646 - 02/28/17 12:37 PM Re: Back to basics [Re: Risky Business]
SuPeR-MaRiO Offline
Post Master Sr

I noticed the car seat was digging deep into the seats, maybe because I put it on really tight? Not sure.
Its gotta be tight. truth be told if it isn't leaving indents in the leather (without some sort of protection), you don't have it tight enough.

Anyway, I have these 1/2" thick rubber mats I use for car stuff, ended up cutting a piece out and sliding it behind the base of the seat to prevent damage from it digging in.

I will look into the front seat cover or maybe I will slide a garbage bag over the seat and put the headrest back on and tell the wife that's just how we roll now.
The Risky method. I wouldn't have expected anything less ;\)

Edited by SuPeR-MaRiO (02/28/17 12:39 PM)

#8959649 - 02/28/17 12:38 PM Re: Back to basics [Re: Risky Business]
SuPeR-MaRiO Offline
Post Master Sr

Originally Posted By: Denis Si
Vas just do it ghetto style like me. I just have a black towel running from top to bottom.

Btw what do you have? An infant car seat that clicks into the base or actually seat and you take the kid out ?

New born ... err ... will be a new born, so it has to be a bucketseat that clicks into a base.

#8959650 - 02/28/17 12:38 PM Re: Back to basics [Re: SuPeR-MaRiO]
Screamin Type ARGH! Offline
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

Loc: T.O. - Canaduh
Some friendly advice, which you probably already know

Immediately get one of these for the baby seat:

And then when she/they get a little bigger, one of these to save the back side of the front seats:

i got these 2 months ago! FTW!

"Ban low performance drivers, not high performance cars"

#8959666 - 02/28/17 12:43 PM Re: Back to basics [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
Hatorade Offline
pheggit
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto, ON
Seat protectors are a must!!!

'07 997.1 GT3
'08 E90 M3
'11 E90 d
'02 Rota Grid - 195-55-16FR (RIP)
'04 Volk GTC - 245-35-19F/275-35-19R (Sold to a farm boi)
I thought Spark was a robot from the old movie and I kind of remember seeing him telling some engineer showing the equation for a clear metal that the guy would event years later - porschetr

#8959670 - 02/28/17 12:46 PM Re: Back to basics [Re: SuPeR-MaRiO]
Denis Si Offline
Post Master

Loc: T.O.
 Originally Posted By: Denis Si

New born ... err ... will be a new born, so it has to be a bucketseat that clicks into a base.

Not necessarily. Travel system is one thing. Our alpha omega car seat, which is a fixed seat goes from 6.5lb babies and transforms up to 40 lbs

#8959709 - 02/28/17 01:06 PM Re: Back to basics [Re: Denis Si]
c2k Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Wiesloch-Walldorf, Germany
Word of advice for those w/ baby seats. From time to time, you should take the baby seat out for a few days otherwise if you leave the seat in all year, it will leave an impression mark on the seat. I know bc it left a damn impression mark on my old civic.

Risky - beautiful car. You gonna throw a roll cage and install a ricer wing and track it? \:\|

#8959725 - 02/28/17 01:17 PM Re: Back to basics [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
LNXGUY Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Barrie, Ont,
 Originally Posted By: Screamin DC2R
Some friendly advice, which you probably already know

Immediately get one of these for the baby seat:

And then when she/they get a little bigger, one of these to save the back side of the front seats:

i got these 2 months ago! FTW!

The one I have is even better, it's got flaps on the bottom so anything that's spills stays inside and on the cover and NOT ALL OVER MY GOD DAMN SEATS!!!

Kick protector is great as well.

#8959753 - 02/28/17 01:28 PM Re: Back to basics [Re: LNXGUY]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

holy fuck, kick protectors, spill protectors, ripped seats, towels everywhere, $500 dollar mats.

Not sure if transporting wildlife or humans.

#8959788 - 02/28/17 01:46 PM Re: Back to basics [Re: Risky Business]
SuPeR-MaRiO Offline
Post Master Sr

Listen it all depends on what you let your kids do in the car. When they were younger we would give them a bottle of milk. Sometimes that bottle would accidentally get dropped (or purposely thrown) resulting in milk to be spilled/leaked/sprayed. As toddlers they might have a snack, or a colouring book or whatever. Its all in the parents. If you want you can have a strict no food rule. You might think it now, but be aware it could change in the future.

As for the mats, $300 for custom Weathertech floor mats that will keep your carpet and summer mats brand new is a drop in the bucket, especially for that kind of car. Its everyone's personal decision and choice which are determined by their lifestyle and life choices.

#8959789 - 02/28/17 01:47 PM Re: Back to basics [Re: SuPeR-MaRiO]
SuPeR-MaRiO Offline
Post Master Sr

This is the guy I had gone to for the WeatherTechs. He's an authorized dealer listed on the WeatherTech site.

Vegas Enterprises
Unit 23, 670 Highway 7 East, Richmond Hill, On., L4B3P2
(THE SHOPPES OF THE PARKWAY Unit # 23)
Behiind ESSO Gas Station
Intersection: Highway 7 & East Beaver Creek Road
Tel: 905-8864676

#8959802 - 02/28/17 01:53 PM Re: Back to basics [Re: SuPeR-MaRiO]
Kid Bro Sweets Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: GTA
Nice!! kinda want a real manual now after driving DSG in manual mode for last 2 years.

"Without this thinking you would see, you would see numbers that you wouldn't believe in reverse."

#8959851 - 02/28/17 02:37 PM Re: Back to basics [Re: Risky Business]
LNXGUY Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: Risky Business
holy fuck, kick protectors, spill protectors, ripped seats, towels everywhere, $500 dollar mats.

You are in for a treat

#8959860 - 02/28/17 02:43 PM Re: Back to basics [Re: LNXGUY]
f22b-dohc Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: canadia
**explosive shits**

#8959864 - 02/28/17 02:47 PM Re: Back to basics [Re: Kid Bro Sweets]
titty sprinkles Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto,Ontario
My daugher keeps the back seat clean save for toys. whatever, i'll let her have toys rather than a bag of chips or something. and wtf that kid with the muddy shoes needs a slap lol

the one that goes on the seat does help with the imprints of the car seat doe.

Edited by titty sprinkles (02/28/17 02:48 PM)

#8959872 - 02/28/17 02:54 PM Re: Back to basics [Re: LNXGUY]
fatso Offline
Post Master

Loc: Ontario

I think when humans are in their infancy stages, the difference between them and wildlife is a pretty narrow margin. I remember one of the cars that I took in at Audi for detailing had a really bad funk to it when you stuck your head in. I asked what it was out of nosiness and the customer had told me they've got a one year old and what I was smelling was thrown up breast milk. I almost added my own throw up into the car......

Originally Posted By: LNXGUY

The one I have is even better, it's got flaps on the bottom so anything that's spills stays inside and on the cover and NOT ALL OVER MY GOD DAMN SEATS!!!

Kick protector is great as well.

Wish I knew something like this had existed sooner - I've got the plain Diono one.

#8959877 - 02/28/17 02:58 PM Re: Back to basics [Re: fatso]
LNXGUY Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Ours was cheap, let me see if I can ask the gf where she picked it up from.

#8959955 - 02/28/17 03:59 PM Re: Back to basics [Re: LNXGUY]
A2B-Lexus Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Raptors Land
Card board no good? That mat shit looks $$$!!
#8959963 - 02/28/17 04:02 PM Re: Back to basics [Re: Risky Business]
A2B-Lexus Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Raptors Land
 Originally Posted By: A2B-Lexus
I miss driving stick......been thinking about getting out of the Lexus and into a Golf R.

main reason for going back to basics. I haven't had a manual in 2 years, I couldn't take it.

It feels like being a passenger even though I am driving. Miss downshifting and passing like a 16 year old. \:D

#8959986 - 02/28/17 04:21 PM Re: Back to basics [Re: SuPeR-MaRiO]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

Listen it all depends on what you let your kids do in the car. When they were younger we would give them a bottle of milk. Sometimes that bottle would accidentally get dropped (or purposely thrown) resulting in milk to be spilled/leaked/sprayed. As toddlers they might have a snack, or a colouring book or whatever. Its all in the parents. If you want you can have a strict no food rule. You might think it now, but be aware it could change in the future.

As for the mats, $300 for custom Weathertech floor mats that will keep your carpet and summer mats brand new is a drop in the bucket, especially for that kind of car. Its everyone's personal decision and choice which are determined by their lifestyle and life choices.

I appreciate all the advice for real, i was kidding about the wildlife comment. I expect to drive around with shit all over, but will do my best to keep it in one of the cars so it doesn't spread around

I've been looking for weathertechs for the venza, but $300 for floor mats, the inner peasant in me struggling with that one.

#8960008 - 02/28/17 04:29 PM Re: Back to basics [Re: Risky Business]
Simon_the_Pieman Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: The A
get a roll of the sticky film (the ones they use on the carpet when they ship cars to dealers) roll it out over the clean carpet and tuck under plastic. then put your rubber over that.

for seats you can use dog covers. i use it for my dog so no hair or dirt gets on the seats. it covers the whole back. im sure the kid is the same. wildlife and all.

then bubble wrap said animal for the ultimate protection!

#8960024 - 02/28/17 04:38 PM Re: Back to basics [Re: Simon_the_Pieman]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

I just might throw down a painters drop sheet to cover the back seats and floor and call it a day.

Bring on the cattle and wild boars.

#8960031 - 02/28/17 04:42 PM Re: Back to basics [Re: Risky Business]
titty sprinkles Offline
Post Master Supreme

I appreciate all the advice for real, i was kidding about the wildlife comment. I expect to drive around with shit all over, but will do my best to keep it in one of the cars so it doesn't spread around

I've been looking for weathertechs for the venza, but $300 for floor mats, the inner peasant in me struggling with that one.

arn't you glad you know a detailer \:\|

#8960041 - 02/28/17 04:50 PM Re: Back to basics [Re: Risky Business]
SuPeR-MaRiO Offline
Post Master Sr

Mine were that much for 3 rows in the Odyssey. Yours might be cheaper. Trust me you'll never look back, and not because of having kids, they're just great at what they do and do it better than conventional rubber mats.

#8960043 - 02/28/17 04:51 PM Re: Back to basics [Re: SuPeR-MaRiO]
SuPeR-MaRiO Offline
Post Master Sr

#8960056 - 02/28/17 04:58 PM Re: Back to basics [Re: SuPeR-MaRiO]
Big Tasty Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto
Few times I had to remove the kids car seats to adjust the height of the belts or whatever, I am always surprised at the amount of crap that is under there. The SUV seats have definitely seen better days.
#8960060 - 02/28/17 05:00 PM Re: Back to basics [Re: Big Tasty]
titty sprinkles Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: Big Tasty
Few times I had to remove the kids car seats to adjust the height of the belts or whatever, I am always surprised at the amount of crap that is under there. The SUV seats have definitely seen better days.

this one 5 series bimmer i detailed, the kid dropped/jammed a caramel candied apple behind the car seat.

#8960067 - 02/28/17 05:03 PM Re: Back to basics [Re: SuPeR-MaRiO]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

#8960070 - 02/28/17 05:04 PM Re: Back to basics [Re: Risky Business]
titty sprinkles Offline
Post Master Supreme

Page 2 of 25 <12345>Last »

Moderator:  c2k, LNXGUY, TheRealCSnapper, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads