Page 15 of 25 « First<1314151617>Last »
Topic Options
#9045146 - 05/31/17 02:41 PM Re: Back to basics [Re: titty sprinkles]
SW20_MR2 Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Markham, Ontario, Canada
We used Nestle Good Start with probiotics(?) for both.

#9045319 - 05/31/17 05:34 PM Re: Back to basics [Re: SW20_MR2]
xza8 Offline
Sr Member

Sometimes a bitch to plan out ordering from Germany, timing customs, and buying the right stage.

Stick to whatever your using. If you want to switch brands, you should mix it (e.g. 50% Brand A, 50% Brand B and slowly transition).

This one is also well rated. Both have pros & cons, but these 2 brands suggested have more pros than cons compared to the domestic "crap".

I think you mentioned you eat organic when possible? So why not your baby?

#9045491 - 05/31/17 10:13 PM Re: Back to basics [Re: fatso]
hyper-s2k Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: T dot O dot, Canada
 Originally Posted By: fatso
So learned yesterday that some formulas (we're using Enfamil) can cause constipation and diapers aren't meant to hold two days worth of poop. Once at capacity, it starts leaking out of the legs, then out of the onsie, and then onto whatever he's sitting on - in this case, my wife.

Wife starts freaking out and stands up, some of it drops on the floor, and rushes him to the change table upstairs. Chucks the kid onto the table, flings off her shitty shirt, grazing the wall at the same time and starts the cleaning process.

So there. That's how it ended up on the wall.

W
T
F

Happy Wednesday peeps!

Your story reminds me of our first kid - she was 1-2 months old and that was by far the worst diaper change gone wrong (even comparing w/ the second kid).

We were in a condo so the kid's room is pretty small - the change table was immediately next to the bed on one side of the room.

I still remember the Wife telling me what happened (I was just getting home from work when I walked into the epic mess): she had just given the kid a bath, took her back to the change table, toweled her off and was just reaching for a diaper and liquified poo shot out of my kid's ass in true projectile fashion.

The result:
- liquified poo sprayed on the towel (luckily, it was covering the bed, so surprisingly no poo drips made it on the sheets)
- the side of the change table (because when fluids shot out in a projectile motion, once it looses force (pressure), it will dribble)
- and any remnants on the change table, change pad
- random specks of poo on the wall

From that day on, I learned as a parent on how to pre-treat messes like this on clothes / linen and not leave any permanent stains: cold water, detergent (i used hand soap) and a whole lot of frickin' scrubbing. It's worked for blood, puke and of course poo. Too bad the poo never came off the drywall. \:D

Oh and we moved not too long after that. \:D I hope the new owners repainted when he moved in. LOL
'03 s2k - now @ 80,xxx km - a2a car
'08 535i - sold @ 149,421 km - cashed out just in time!
'08 impreza 2.5i - sold @ - 64,147 km - smh POS
'01 rav4 - killed @ 155,879 km - RIP old friend

"Driving in the snow is like sex. If you want to avoid accidents, abstinence is the best policy. If you're gonna take her for a spin, use protection." - Rick Mercer

#9045496 - 05/31/17 10:19 PM Re: Back to basics [Re: hyper-s2k]
fatso Offline
Post Master

Loc: Ontario
 Originally Posted By: hyper-s2k
 Originally Posted By: fatso
So learned yesterday that some formulas (we're using Enfamil) can cause constipation and diapers aren't meant to hold two days worth of poop. Once at capacity, it starts leaking out of the legs, then out of the onsie, and then onto whatever he's sitting on - in this case, my wife.

Wife starts freaking out and stands up, some of it drops on the floor, and rushes him to the change table upstairs. Chucks the kid onto the table, flings off her shitty shirt, grazing the wall at the same time and starts the cleaning process.

So there. That's how it ended up on the wall.

W
T
F

Happy Wednesday peeps!

Your story reminds me of our first kid - she was 1-2 months old and that was by far the worst diaper change gone wrong (even comparing w/ the second kid).

We were in a condo so the kid's room is pretty small - the change table was immediately next to the bed on one side of the room.

I still remember the Wife telling me what happened (I was just getting home from work when I walked into the epic mess): she had just given the kid a bath, took her back to the change table, toweled her off and was just reaching for a diaper and liquified poo shot out of my kid's ass in true projectile fashion.

The result:
- liquified poo sprayed on the towel (luckily, it was covering the bed, so surprisingly no poo drips made it on the sheets)
- the side of the change table (because when fluids shot out in a projectile motion, once it looses force (pressure), it will dribble)
- and any remnants on the change table, change pad
- random specks of poo on the wall

From that day on, I learned as a parent on how to pre-treat messes like this on clothes / linen and not leave any permanent stains: cold water, detergent (i used hand soap) and a whole lot of frickin' scrubbing. It's worked for blood, puke and of course poo. Too bad the poo never came off the drywall. \:D

Oh and we moved not too long after that. \:D I hope the new owners repainted when he moved in. LOL

Ha! Parenthood is gross LOL.. That makes me feel better - thank you.

#9045500 - 05/31/17 10:24 PM Re: Back to basics [Re: fatso]
Risky Business Offline
Provides a Great Work Environment. he/him
Post Master Supreme

Is it me or is your own kids shit/piss not a big deal?

/full disclosure i also suck out her boogers with my mouth if the nasal aspirator isn't around and my wife isn't looking. #dadoftheyear

#9045503 - 05/31/17 10:27 PM Re: Back to basics [Re: Risky Business]
Hatorade Offline
pheggit
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto, ON
 Originally Posted By: Risky Business

/full disclosure i also suck out her boogers with my mouth if the nasal aspirator isn't around and my wife isn't looking. #dadoftheyear

To an extent. But sucking boogers out, shit! Dad of the year material pho shizzle!!!

'07 997.1 GT3
'08 E90 M3
'11 E90 d
'02 Rota Grid - 195-55-16FR (RIP)
'04 Volk GTC - 245-35-19F/275-35-19R (Sold to a farm boi)
I thought Spark was a robot from the old movie and I kind of remember seeing him telling some engineer showing the equation for a clear metal that the guy would event years later - porschetr

#9045507 - 05/31/17 10:33 PM Re: Back to basics [Re: Risky Business]
hyper-s2k Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: T dot O dot, Canada

Whisky
Tango
Foxtrot

You win.

I will take whatever expels from my kid splatter on me, but I will not have that in my mouth.

I've also caught puke w/ my bare hands more than I can count.
'03 s2k - now @ 80,xxx km - a2a car
'08 535i - sold @ 149,421 km - cashed out just in time!
'08 impreza 2.5i - sold @ - 64,147 km - smh POS
'01 rav4 - killed @ 155,879 km - RIP old friend

"Driving in the snow is like sex. If you want to avoid accidents, abstinence is the best policy. If you're gonna take her for a spin, use protection." - Rick Mercer

#9045513 - 05/31/17 10:39 PM Re: Back to basics [Re: Risky Business]
zc911 Offline
Ferrari4Sale 😎
Post Master Supreme

Loc: toronto

thats a new one!

#9045544 - 05/31/17 11:28 PM Re: Back to basics [Re: hyper-s2k]
fatso Offline
Post Master

Originally Posted By: hyper-s2k

Whisky
Tango
Foxtrot

You win.

I will take whatever expels from my kid splatter on me, but I will not have that in my mouth.

I've also caught puke w/ my bare hands more than I can count.

Well... the poop, pee and puke is NBD. I'm surprised how much of everything I've touched since the kid was born but.... sucking out snot like that? You win. By a fucking long shot, you win

#9045554 - 05/31/17 11:50 PM Re: Back to basics [Re: fatso]
xza8 Offline
Sr Member

If you guys have central vac, the best nasal aspirator is the one that connects to your central vac. Unfortunately we no longer have central vac and the adapter doesn't work with the Dyson so need to suck it out with my mouth and hope the paper filter does its job.
#9045586 - 06/01/17 01:33 AM Re: Back to basics [Re: Risky Business]
Wildout Offline
Post Master Jr

I just use q-tip with a touch of baby oil, pulls everything right out.

#9045693 - 06/01/17 06:36 AM Re: Back to basics [Re: Wildout]
c2k Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Wiesloch-Walldorf, Germany

Wow...

#9045711 - 06/01/17 07:18 AM Re: Back to basics [Re: Wildout]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: Wildout
I just use q-tip with a touch of baby oil, pulls everything right out.

#9045713 - 06/01/17 07:19 AM Re: Back to basics [Re: xza8]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: xza8
If you guys have central vac, the best nasal aspirator is the one that connects to your central vac. Unfortunately we no longer have central vac and the adapter doesn't work with the Dyson so need to suck it out with my mouth and hope the paper filter does its job.

I was going to use my shop vac once, but it was too loud for her so she got scared (that's when I couldn't find the nasal aspirator and when I sucked it out with my mouth).

We all eat our own boogers as a byproduct of being sick, pretty sure baby boogers can't be that bad ;\)

#9045741 - 06/01/17 08:12 AM Re: Back to basics [Re: Risky Business]
markw Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Not Toronto
Just building up your immune system, that's all.... and you'll need all the help you can get once she starts daycare! lol

#9045756 - 06/01/17 08:54 AM Re: Back to basics [Re: titty sprinkles]
355-Si Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Toronto, Ontario
My kid used to get pretty bunged up. It even hurt him to poo. We pegged him. PEG. Polyethylene glycol... commercially sold as restoralax. It draws water from the body to soften the stool.
Note though, too much and it's hell for like an entire day

#9045757 - 06/01/17 08:56 AM Re: Back to basics [Re: 355-Si]
355-Si Offline
Post Master Sr

Vas, when she is older, you will NOT tolerate your kid's shit lolol. I gah whenever I walk into the washroom after Gavin has taken a shit. It's caustic. I swear, full Tyvek Suit level.

#9045789 - 06/01/17 09:22 AM Re: Back to basics [Re: 355-Si]
SuPeR-MaRiO Offline
Post Master Sr

This is what I use for all my kids to suck our their boogers. Works great! If you're not a wuss and can really suck (nohomo) you can clear them up nicely. Yes they hate it, yes its a little torturous, but it works and they can breathe and sleep better.

http://www.toysrus.ca/product/index.jsp?productId=11985374

#9045797 - 06/01/17 09:24 AM Re: Back to basics [Re: SuPeR-MaRiO]
zc911 Offline
Ferrari4Sale 😎
Post Master Supreme

Yup, that stuff works great

#9045802 - 06/01/17 09:27 AM Re: Back to basics [Re: zc911]
SuPeR-MaRiO Offline
Post Master Sr

Actually I didn't even use the saline solution. Just used the sucker. In fact when the filters were used up, i said fuck it and didn't bother getting replacements. No saline, no filter.
#9045803 - 06/01/17 09:29 AM Re: Back to basics [Re: SuPeR-MaRiO]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: SuPeR-MaRiO
This is what I use for all my kids to suck our their boogers. Works great! If you're not a wuss and can really suck (nohomo) you can clear them up nicely. Yes they hate it, yes its a little torturous, but it works and they can breathe and sleep better.

http://www.toysrus.ca/product/index.jsp?productId=11985374

We have the same one, works great on adults too \:\|

#9046979 - 06/02/17 10:19 AM Re: Back to basics [Re: Risky Business]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

back to waking up every hour at night

cool story bro

#9046983 - 06/02/17 10:22 AM Re: Back to basics [Re: Risky Business]
SuPeR-MaRiO Offline
Post Master Sr

I know the whole experience is so vivid in your mind, but trust me you will forget all about these days. It gets SO much better that you and your wife will look back at these times and laugh. No one said it was easy. Hang in there and make sure you two are supporting one another. You'll get through it.
#9046985 - 06/02/17 10:23 AM Re: Back to basics [Re: Risky Business]
Screamin Type ARGH! Offline
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

Loc: T.O. - Canaduh
lol

yeah our guy is almost 4 months and lately he's been waking every 2hrs...so she been at it \:\( - i help say 5am if need be then knock out to 645am having to get the older one up/eating/ready/etc.

it comes in waves like i told you man...you'll get 3wks of "hey not so bad"...then 3wks of "FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU" and back to being decent again. babies developing like crazy. wait until they hit growth spurts (body and brain), they learn so much and it's even too much for them at night sometimes.

"Ban low performance drivers, not high performance cars"

#9046986 - 06/02/17 10:24 AM Re: Back to basics [Re: SuPeR-MaRiO]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

Thanks, nice to hear.

I am debating of extending her mat leave if possible because if this continues on past 12 months it won't be sustainable.

#9046994 - 06/02/17 10:34 AM Re: Back to basics [Re: Risky Business]
xza8 Offline
Sr Member

I think it stabalizes around 6 months...
#9047034 - 06/02/17 11:00 AM Re: Back to basics [Re: Risky Business]
SuPeR-MaRiO Offline
Post Master Sr

Thanks, nice to hear.

I am debating of extending her mat leave if possible because if this continues on past 12 months it won't be sustainable.

While not impossible, its not the norm for it to continue to 12 months.

Either way, if her company allows it (YRDSB?) and you can support her financially (duh, stupid question) I say do it. We had extended each of my wife's mat leaves for another 6 months and she loved it. She just wasn't "ready" to leave her new born and go back to work. She really enjoyed the time she spent with the baby once it surpassed 12 months. I also liked having a stay-at-home wife \:\)

#9047053 - 06/02/17 11:16 AM Re: Back to basics [Re: SuPeR-MaRiO]
SW20_MR2 Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Markham, Ontario, Canada
Things get better at around month 9. Babies get way more fun at that time cause they should sleeping better and they're more interactive. Extend that mat leave cause it's time that you'll never get back.

#9047140 - 06/02/17 12:09 PM Re: Back to basics [Re: Risky Business]
zc911 Offline
Ferrari4Sale 😎
Post Master Supreme

Thanks, nice to hear.

my wife had such a hard time when she went back the first time. Was a really good opportunity as well, but she was just so damn tired. I felt so bad because baby only wanted mom in the middle of the night.

My wife is at home now, and I don't even care about the lost income. Things are just so much easier and way way less stressful.
Plus it's great that mom is at home with the kids, that's what they want and need.

#9047141 - 06/02/17 12:10 PM Re: Back to basics [Re: SW20_MR2]
zc911 Offline
Ferrari4Sale 😎
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: SW20_MR2
Things get better at around month 9. Babies get way more fun at that time cause they should sleeping better and they're more interactive. Extend that mat leave cause it's time that you'll never get back.

My daughter never really slept through the night until she was 2 or 3 I think. Sooooo you never know

#9047174 - 06/02/17 12:38 PM Re: Back to basics [Re: xza8]
markw Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Not Toronto

Then the teeth cutting starts.....

#9047182 - 06/02/17 12:41 PM Re: Back to basics [Re: markw]
xza8 Offline
Sr Member

Originally Posted By: markw

Then the teeth cutting starts.....

Thats another challenge lol

#9055114 - 06/12/17 08:54 AM Re: Back to basics [Re: xza8]
fatso Offline
Post Master

So quick update on the formula side of things... Osama Bin Quinton's on the concentrated stuff from Nestle's Good Start. Having taken notes from previous pages regarding keeping almost hot water in a thermos, prepping the formula at night takes about 30 seconds, so thank you all for that. I don't think I'll ever go back to using the bottle warmer at night.

But anyway, for your benefit Risky, the constipation is gone and the kid seems to... well, he doesn't dislike it. So yeah, good results after 2 weeks. If you're using it already, Real Canadian Superstore has it on sale right now for $41.xx.

That is all. Happy Monday!

#9055129 - 06/12/17 09:12 AM Re: Back to basics [Re: fatso]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

Thanks for the reminder, still on the premade Enfamil stuff right now, but my wife's supply increased nicely so we haven't been buying as much.

Not sure if I want to rock the boat with switching formulas again.

#9063850 - 06/22/17 12:20 PM Re: Back to basics [Re: Risky Business]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

Switched to a PC brand organic formula that my wife researched, no corn syrup as sweetener. Seems to be working pretty well.

It will be nice to spend a fraction of what we spent on formula going forward.

Page 15 of 25 « First<1314151617>Last »

Moderator:  c2k, LNXGUY, TheRealCSnapper, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads