Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#8923688 - 01/25/17 05:54 AM A new Si owner is about to replace the parking brake cable..
brazil2monkey Offline

Hi everyone,

I've got a 2010 Civic Si. And recently left it parked with a parking brake for a while. So apparently after I released the parking brake and started moving, the parking brake cable broke or something... So for several days it won't work, and I know, that it's a bad idea to keep driving my Si in such condition. So I was wondering, whether it is really hard to replace the cable if I do that by myself? I cannot say that I've got plenty of experience, as this Honda is kinda new to me (I've had it a little over 6 months). But I can make basic stuff about the vehicles (oil changing, filter replacements and stuff). And, I've got basic tools. So I was wondering, what are my chances to remove the broken cable and install the new one by myself?

Thanks a ton!

Videos
#8924911 - 01/26/17 03:06 AM Re: A new Si owner is about to replace the parking brake cable.. [Re: brazil2monkey]
brazil2monkey Offline

A quick update. Yesterday checked the installation videos and instructions, and seems like I want to try handling the repair by myself. So I went ahead and ordered the brand-new parking brake cable ( https://www.carid.com/parking-brake-cables/). It's going to be delivered by Monday, so will do the repair then. Hopefully, everything will go smooth J
Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  4doorEG, tenplanescrashing 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Brake Kits Cheap
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brakes
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
Cruchfield
Audio/Video/Cameras
DeadWood Knives
Knives, Home & Hunting
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
TireRack
Tires/Wheels/Suspension
Truck Accessories
Tonneaus, Running Boards
1-800-Flowers
Flowers & Gift Baskets
WeatherTech
Coupon Code "take10"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
Artisan Soap Lab
Handcrafted Bodycare
Advertisement

| Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Pads & Rotors | Performance Brake Kits | Porsche Brake Upgrades-Big Brake Kits | WeatherTech Mats -Coupon Code weathertech10