Page 1 of 2 12>
Topic Options
#8916273 - 01/18/17 07:06 PM My Loaner Car from Tesla
xza8 Offline
Sr Member

2 weeks into ownership, I have an urgent repair required (water and noise coming into cabin) so the dealer hooked me up with a loaner while they service the car

It's riding on Kumho all seasons so I had troubles going up the driveway

#8916283 - 01/18/17 07:24 PM Re: New Car [Re: xza8]
titty sprinkles Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto,Ontario
wait you traded the X for the kia?

#8916288 - 01/18/17 07:32 PM Re: New Car [Re: titty sprinkles]
xza8 Offline
Sr Member

Edited by xza8 (01/18/17 09:51 PM)

#8916349 - 01/18/17 09:14 PM Re: New Car [Re: xza8]
porschetr Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: WBridge
So much information I am not confused at all

#8916546 - 01/19/17 06:16 AM Re: New Car [Re: porschetr]
Choco 'Nuck Offline
Proud Member of BLM
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Somewhere out there
I lol'd when he told me the story. Model X, and they give him a kia. Such premium dealership experience.....
#8916569 - 01/19/17 07:30 AM Re: New Car [Re: Choco 'Nuck]
Simon_the_Pieman Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: The A
omg hahaa

wait. what if the model x is based on the kia platform? #mindblown

#8916574 - 01/19/17 07:37 AM Re: New Car [Re: Simon_the_Pieman]
Risky Business Offline
Provides a Great Work Environment. he/him
Post Master Supreme

Nice customer service.

What's up with those wheels on the X, please tell me those are winters?

#8916654 - 01/19/17 09:23 AM Re: New Car [Re: Risky Business]
xza8 Offline
Sr Member

They are my 19" winters; won't make the same mistake as the AMG running 21" winters.
#8916729 - 01/19/17 10:00 AM Re: New Car [Re: xza8]
A2B-Lexus Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Raptors Land
Write this on their facebook wall. Elon Musk actually reads them. For the amount paid for their cars, pretty sure people expect to get something a little more fancy as a rental.

#8916765 - 01/19/17 10:18 AM Re: New Car [Re: A2B-Lexus]
TheRealCSnapper Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto, Canada
i'm guessing this is coming their rental partner like a Hertz or Enterprise...there are few cars that compares to the Model X out there let alone readily available from a random Enterprise franchise location. The fact that they're able to provide you with a SUV (read: similar size) is probably what they're obligated to do. They sure as fuck won't be putting you in another Model X, unless this loaner is owned by Tesla for their service rental...

how long are you expected to be without your model X? Are we talking a couple days to a week, or a FEW weeks?

#8916768 - 01/19/17 10:20 AM Re: New Car [Re: A2B-Lexus]
Risky Business Offline
Provides a Great Work Environment. he/him
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: A2B-Lexus
Write this on their facebook wall. Elon Musk actually reads them. For the amount paid for their cars, pretty sure people expect to get something a little more fancy as a rental.

good idea!

#8916844 - 01/19/17 11:17 AM Re: New Car [Re: TheRealCSnapper]
iamfob Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Out There
 Originally Posted By: TheRealCSnapper
i'm guessing this is coming their rental partner like a Hertz or Enterprise...there are few cars that compares to the Model X out there let alone readily available from a random Enterprise franchise location. The fact that they're able to provide you with a SUV (read: similar size) is probably what they're obligated to do. They sure as fuck won't be putting you in another Model X, unless this loaner is owned by Tesla for their service rental...

how long are you expected to be without your model X? Are we talking a couple days to a week, or a FEW weeks?

Bang on!
I used to work at Enterprise, you know how many G35 owners dropped their car off at Infiniti and expect Enterprise to have a G35 waiting for them? LOL

Nissan Canada only willing to pay $30-35/day so that is Economy Car rate, so a Hyundai Accent/Kia Rio/Chevrolet Aveo were what Enterprise carried at the time. These G35 owners were not pleased.

G35 is consider a premium car in rental car world
But the Manufacturers only willing to pay X amount which usually equivalent to Economy/Compact car class. So unless the owner is willing to pay extra from own pocket to upgrade from basic car to a higher car class, they ain't getting anything close to what they drive

#8916918 - 01/19/17 11:36 AM Re: New Car [Re: iamfob]
Choco 'Nuck Offline
Proud Member of BLM
Post Master Supreme

Thats where the relationship with the SA comes into play. Also, lean on your salesman, if they expect repeat business.
#8917050 - 01/19/17 12:26 PM Re: New Car [Re: Choco 'Nuck]
87ZCSi Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Portland and Toronto
This used to happen to my friend as well, he complained now it's Tesla loaners only.
#8917110 - 01/19/17 12:45 PM Re: My Loaner Car from Tesla [Re: xza8]
Screamin Type ARGH! Offline
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

Loc: T.O. - Canaduh
 Originally Posted By: xza8
2 weeks into ownership, I have an urgent repair required (water and noise coming into cabin) so the dealer hooked me up with a loaner while they service the car

It's riding on Kumho all seasons so I had troubles going up the driveway

double ouch.

"Ban low performance drivers, not high performance cars"

#8917128 - 01/19/17 12:50 PM Re: New Car [Re: Choco 'Nuck]
fatso Offline
Post Master

Loc: Ontario
 Originally Posted By: Choco 'Nuck
Thats where the relationship with the SA comes into play. Also, lean on your salesman, if they expect repeat business.

Yeah - this is HUUUUUUUGE. Customers that treated me well almost ALWAYS got a loaner car. On the flip side, if you came in with an attitude the last time I saw you... "I'll try and get you out of that Corolla as soon as possible!"

Ugh... so happy to not be an SA anymore.

But back on track - what was the issue with the water coming in? Something clogged already?

#8917138 - 01/19/17 12:53 PM Re: My Loaner Car from Tesla [Re: iamfob]
xza8 Offline
Sr Member

Originally Posted By: iamfob
 Originally Posted By: TheRealCSnapper

Bang on!
I used to work at Enterprise, you know how many G35 owners dropped their car off at Infiniti and expect Enterprise to have a G35 waiting for them? LOL

Nissan Canada only willing to pay $30-35/day so that is Economy Car rate, so a Hyundai Accent/Kia Rio/Chevrolet Aveo were what Enterprise carried at the time. These G35 owners were not pleased.

G35 is consider a premium car in rental car world
But the Manufacturers only willing to pay X amount which usually equivalent to Economy/Compact car class. So unless the owner is willing to pay extra from own pocket to upgrade from basic car to a higher car class, they ain't getting anything close to what they drive

My car is $135,000+ and it's just a base 75D model. Even my C Class gets picked up from my driveway, lent a C/CLA (at least its the same brand), and dropped off when ready.

#8917159 - 01/19/17 01:00 PM Re: My Loaner Car from Tesla [Re: xza8]
iamfob Offline
Post Master Supreme

^ Mo Money Mo Problem

In your Benz example, the dealer went above or beyond (or maybe it's part of their service) that they come to your house to swap broken car for a C Class loaner (owned by the dealer).

Unless Tesla have a lot of Tesla Model S or X loaners, they will send your ass to a rental car companies (Enterprise, Hertz, Discount, etc.)
And don't expect any rental car agencies carries Tesla because they deal with Tesla.

The value of your car means nothing when it comes to rental car outside your dealer.

If you get into an accident and your Tesla X is in the shop, do you expect to get a Tesla as a loaner while your car is in the bodyshop?

#8917160 - 01/19/17 01:01 PM Re: My Loaner Car from Tesla [Re: Risky Business]
xza8 Offline
Sr Member

Originally Posted By: Risky Business

good idea!

Already tweeted and IG'd him, he doesn't care.

I don't even really care it was a KIA... what pissed me off is the lack of winter tires to tackle the freezing rain a few days ago. Even my Nokian struggled.

#8917166 - 01/19/17 01:03 PM Re: My Loaner Car from Tesla [Re: iamfob]
xza8 Offline
Sr Member

^ Mo Money Mo Problem

In your Benz example, the dealer went above or beyond (or maybe it's part of their service) that they come to your house to swap broken car for a C Class loaner (owned by the dealer).

Unless Tesla have a lot of Tesla Model S or X loaners, they will send your ass to a rental car companies (Enterprise, Hertz, Discount, etc.)
And don't expect any rental car agencies carries Tesla because they deal with Tesla.

I think its part of the "Luxury" car brand experience. Never had a BMW but Audi and Porsche does it too (different owners, so it must be an industry standard service in the GTA).

#8917170 - 01/19/17 01:03 PM Re: My Loaner Car from Tesla [Re: xza8]
iamfob Offline
Post Master Supreme

good idea!

I don't even really care it was a KIA... what pissed me off is the lack of winter tires to tackle the freezing rain a few days ago. Even my Nokian struggled.

Again rental car companies will not put winter tires on their fleet. They buy basic to medium trim model and rent it out for 1 year then re-sell the car to auctions/dealerships.

I don't think any rental car agencies in GTA equipped with winter tires on their fleets. Please let me know if you find any.

#8917182 - 01/19/17 01:06 PM Re: My Loaner Car from Tesla [Re: xza8]
TheRealCSnapper Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto, Canada
BMW provided me with a BMW loaner but the amount of BMW Toronto decals all over the car made me wish it was an unlabeled Kia

Audi worked with a rental agency partner and gave me whatever the rental company had. it wouldn't be a econo/compact but it was whatever mid size or full size available on the lot.

#8917302 - 01/19/17 02:01 PM Re: My Loaner Car from Tesla [Re: TheRealCSnapper]
Big Tasty Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto
I got a Genesis sedan when my gen coupe got rear-ended.
#8917326 - 01/19/17 02:17 PM Re: My Loaner Car from Tesla [Re: xza8]
A2B-Lexus Offline
Post Master Supreme

good idea!

That sucks. Took my Lexus in for some service and I got an ES250. If Toyota can afford to do that, so can Tesla.

#8917524 - 01/19/17 04:00 PM Re: My Loaner Car from Tesla [Re: A2B-Lexus]
Simon_the_Pieman Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: The A
first world problems lmao

#8917573 - 01/19/17 04:29 PM Re: My Loaner Car from Tesla [Re: Simon_the_Pieman]
titty sprinkles Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto,Ontario
real talk, how was the kia? lol

#8917663 - 01/19/17 05:32 PM Re: My Loaner Car from Tesla [Re: Big Tasty]
Violent Spectre Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Niagara Falls, ON
 Originally Posted By: Big Tasty

I got a BMW X1 when the front end was taken off my Coupe. Would have preferred driving my car without the front end :P

#8917966 - 01/19/17 10:55 PM Re: My Loaner Car from Tesla [Re: Violent Spectre]
porschetr Offline
Post Master Supreme

Not surprising Tesla gave you a non-Tesla for a loaner.
It`s relatively a small company with high end (price wise) cars.
They can`t afford to have multiple $100,000+ cars laying around to give out.

When they release the Model 3, I am sure it will be available as a loaner.

#8918033 - 01/20/17 04:46 AM Re: My Loaner Car from Tesla [Re: Violent Spectre]
Choco 'Nuck Offline
Proud Member of BLM
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: Violent Spectre
 Originally Posted By: Big Tasty

I got a BMW X1 when the front end was taken off my Coupe. Would have preferred driving my car without the front end :P

Dennis gun be mad....

#8918109 - 01/20/17 08:36 AM Re: My Loaner Car from Tesla [Re: A2B-Lexus]
iamfob Offline
Post Master Supreme

good idea!

That sucks. Took my Lexus in for some service and I got an ES250. If Toyota can afford to do that, so can Tesla.

To have 10 Tesla Model S or X loaners, it will cost the dealer over $1 million. An entry level Lexus ES250 is $50,000 or so. You do the math captain

#8918136 - 01/20/17 08:48 AM Re: My Loaner Car from Tesla [Re: iamfob]
fatso Offline
Post Master

Loc: Ontario

good idea!

To have 10 Tesla Model S or X loaners, it will cost the dealer over $1 million. An entry level Lexus ES250 is $50,000 or so. You do the math captain

Even then... regardless of the loaner or rental vehicle, it would have likely been on all seasons anyway. The problem still exists - you're either sliding into a bus sitting on cloth vs leather.

#8918147 - 01/20/17 08:55 AM Re: My Loaner Car from Tesla [Re: iamfob]
A2B-Lexus Offline
Post Master Supreme

good idea!

Why do they need to have 10? Can they have 2 or 3? Maybe combine it with a test drive fleet? The math looks impractical due to your unrealistic example. For a dealership that sells $100k vehicles, pretty sure they have more margins/ budget for this.

Perhaps even a little higher end vehicle or something other than a bottom of the barrel Kia.

Edited by A2B-Lexus (01/20/17 09:26 AM)

#8918181 - 01/20/17 09:15 AM Re: My Loaner Car from Tesla [Re: A2B-Lexus]
porschetr Offline
Post Master Supreme

They maybe have a contract with a neighbouring rental company.
When they need a car, call them up and they bring one for the customer.
Well, OP should know. Did you signed a rental paper with a third party or tesla just handed over the keys for the Kia?

I wouldn't say the Sorento is the bottom of the barrel Kia.
A Sportage is a cheaper SUV, and they also have the Rio.

#8918186 - 01/20/17 09:18 AM Re: My Loaner Car from Tesla [Re: porschetr]
LNXGUY Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Barrie, Ont,
Sure beats not getting a loaner at all. Although I would expect a bit more from Tesla to be honest.

#8918195 - 01/20/17 09:23 AM Re: My Loaner Car from Tesla [Re: LNXGUY]
A2B-Lexus Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: LNXGUY
Sure beats not getting a loaner at all. Although I would expect a bit more from Tesla to be honest.

Exactly this.

Page 1 of 2 12>

Moderator:  c2k, LNXGUY, TheRealCSnapper, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads