Page 1 of 3 123>
Topic Options
#8915985 - 01/18/17 02:55 PM US address for buying something
OracerO Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: GTA
What service have you guys used to ship stuff?

I need to purchase this medical chair for my dog and they don't ship to Canada due to Customs/duties.

So i'm thinking of shipping it to the Niagara Falls border?

Suggestions?

A buddy referred me to these guys
http://www.usaddressinc.com/

#8915987 - 01/18/17 02:58 PM Re: US address for buying something [Re: OracerO]
Wildout Offline
Post Master Jr

I've used them plenty of times. The only downside if that is that they're literally 5 mins from the border so to not raise any flags I stop in at Home Depot up the road and then grab a bite before heading back. All takes under 2hrs.
#8915989 - 01/18/17 02:59 PM Re: US address for buying something [Re: Wildout]
Senor Eduardo_82 Offline
miataist
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Ca�ada
I have a Nexus, so I declare everything.

Most times I get waved through.

USAddress or ShipOrion are the two I use.

#8915998 - 01/18/17 03:09 PM Re: US address for buying something [Re: Senor Eduardo_82]
OracerO Offline
Post Master Sr

Originally Posted By: Wildout
I've used them plenty of times. The only downside if that is that they're literally 5 mins from the border so to not raise any flags I stop in at Home Depot up the road and then grab a bite before heading back. All takes under 2hrs.

Soooooo, the downside is that they are way to close to the border? Meaning, i just can't go pick it up and then cross back to the Canada side? .... IS welden Galleria close? Basically i need to walk around for a few hours? I dont know i probably will have to declare it.

Originally Posted By: eddie_82
I have a Nexus, so I declare everything.

Most times I get waved through.

USAddress or ShipOrion are the two I use.

Can i borrow your nexus? we all look the same... trust brah.

#8916001 - 01/18/17 03:10 PM Re: US address for buying something [Re: Senor Eduardo_82]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Toronto, ON
WTF is a medical chair for a dog

THIS?

Edited by furball (01/18/17 03:16 PM)

#8916032 - 01/18/17 03:33 PM Re: US address for buying something [Re: furball]
OracerO Offline
Post Master Sr

https://www.baileychairs4dogs.com

One of my dogs got Mega Esophagus and Myasthia Gravis. Shit sucks.

Edited by OracerO (01/18/17 03:34 PM)

#8916048 - 01/18/17 03:50 PM Re: US address for buying something [Re: OracerO]
Wildout Offline
Post Master Jr

Originally Posted By: OracerO

Soooooo, the downside is that they are way to close to the border? Meaning, i just can't go pick it up and then cross back to the Canada side? .... IS welden Galleria close? Basically i need to walk around for a few hours? I dont know i probably will have to declare it.

I personally don't risk it just because I've had my car searched twice. I don't know the reasons why, I don't ask questions I just try my best not to stand out.

You probably could grab the package and return right away

#8916068 - 01/18/17 04:05 PM Re: US address for buying something [Re: Wildout]
porschetr Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: WBridge

Raise what flag?
It is not illegal to do that.

You go pick up your item at that place means you are bringing something purchased from the States.

You go to Homedepot to buy something, it means you are bringing something purchased from the States.

#8916223 - 01/18/17 06:19 PM Re: US address for buying something [Re: porschetr]
robbbby Offline
master electrician
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Canada
 Originally Posted By: porschetr

Raise what flag?

You go pick up your item at that place means you are bringing something purchased from the States.

You go to Homedepot to buy something, it means you are bringing something purchased from the States.

Yeah, this is the stupidest thing I've ever heard, you're way too paranoid. There are plenty of these mailbox places in Detroit and I use them all the time. Whenever I head home, Canada customs asks me how long i've been away, I tell them 10 minutes, they ask if I bought or received anything, hand them receipts and either wave me through or send me in to pay tax.

#8916255 - 01/18/17 06:44 PM Re: US address for buying something [Re: robbbby]
JEFFOS Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto
I use cbiusa

#8916276 - 01/18/17 07:10 PM Re: US address for buying something [Re: JEFFOS]
xza8 Offline
Sr Member

cbiusa but with the USD so strong nowadays, it doesn't make sense for most products unless it's only available in the states

factor in gas, time, etc... you might as well have crossborderpickup.ca import it for you (service fee [which you pay anyways using a US box], duty [which you unlikely pay when you cross yourself], and HST [which you usually pay when you cross because if you make the effort to do a US shopping run, it probably means you are bringing back a good amount]).

#8916431 - 01/18/17 10:26 PM Re: US address for buying something [Re: xza8]
CIVIC dude Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Edit : never read the post above.

+1 for cross border pickup.

http://crossborderpickups.ca

They give you their USA address. Item ships there. Then they will clear customs for you and you pick it up in Mississauga. Used them twice. Well worth the money and you save yourself time and effort crossing the border.

Edited by CIVIC dude (01/19/17 08:41 AM)

#8916527 - 01/19/17 05:14 AM Re: US address for buying something [Re: robbbby]
jesguerra Offline
Jr Poster

Originally Posted By: robbbby

Raise what flag?

Yeah, this is the stupidest thing I've ever heard, you're way too paranoid. There are plenty of these mailbox places in Detroit and I use them all the time. Whenever I head home, Canada customs asks me how long i've been away, I tell them 10 minutes, they ask if I bought or received anything, hand them receipts and either wave me through or send me in to pay tax.

maybe he meant to reduce the chance of getting dinged on taxes?

#8916547 - 01/19/17 06:30 AM Re: US address for buying something [Re: CIVIC dude]
c2k Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Wiesloch-Walldorf, Germany
 Originally Posted By: CIVIC dude
Edit : never read the post above.

+1 for cross border pickup.

http://crossborderpickups.ca

They give you their USA address. Item ships there. Then they will clear customs for you and you pick it up in Mississauga. Used them twice. Well worth the money and you save yourself time and effort crossing the border.

+1 on that.

Just ordered a few parts for my accord.

#8916550 - 01/19/17 06:42 AM Re: US address for buying something [Re: jesguerra]
robbbby Offline
master electrician
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Canada
 Originally Posted By: jesguerra

Raise what flag?

"so to not raise any flags", does not sound like somebody worried about taxes but somebody worried about having to spread them cheeks.

#8916570 - 01/19/17 07:33 AM Re: US address for buying something [Re: jesguerra]
Risky Business Offline
Provides a Great Work Environment. he/him
Post Master Supreme

Raise what flag?

How does going to home depot reduce the chance of getting dinged on taxes at the border?

If you are doing cross border pick up you have to pay taxes unless you were in the country for more than 24 hours, the only things that can reduce your chances of paying taxes:

1. You lie that you have nothing to declare (musings of a moron)
2. The mood of the CBSA agent who ultimately decides if they are sending you in to pay hst or not.

#8916573 - 01/19/17 07:35 AM Re: US address for buying something [Re: robbbby]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

Raise what flag?

"so to not raise any flags", does not sound like somebody worried about taxes but somebody worried about having to spread them cheeks.

Some real gems in here.

#8916576 - 01/19/17 07:39 AM Re: US address for buying something [Re: Risky Business]
Simon_the_Pieman Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: The A
i use kinek by rainbow bridge to ship any us good to.

when i pick up, i either stash it with other goods (ie, bought something at home depot) ive bought and not claim it, or just claim it if thats the only thing i picked up.

the more you buy the more tx you pay. so to not pay as much tax you dont claim your shipment but claim a lesser item you purchased. my shipments never come with a receipt, only packing slip, so no values to show.

i think thats what he means. hide pickup, claim less, pay less.

Edited by Simon_the_Pieman (01/19/17 07:42 AM)

#8916599 - 01/19/17 08:07 AM Re: US address for buying something [Re: Simon_the_Pieman]
Wildout Offline
Post Master Jr

Originally Posted By: Simon_the_Pieman

when i pick up, i either stash it with other goods (ie, bought something at home depot) ive bought and not claim it, or just claim it if thats the only thing i picked up.

the more you buy the more tx you pay. so to not pay as much tax you dont claim your shipment but claim a lesser item you purchased. my shipments never come with a receipt, only packing slip, so no values to show.

My man

#8916609 - 01/19/17 08:22 AM Re: US address for buying something [Re: Wildout]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

TIL: when cross border shopping, pick up packages from PO box, go to home depot and buy wood screws and duct tape, when crossing border declare wood screws and duct tape only.

but then we wonder why:

I've had my car searched twice. I don't know the reasons why,

so to not raise any flags I stop in at Home Depot up the road

#8916650 - 01/19/17 09:21 AM Re: US address for buying something [Re: Risky Business]
xza8 Offline
Sr Member

Wanted to mention to be careful with crossborderpickup.ca as you need to factor in duty because they follow the book when importing your goods whereas if you drive it over, the CBSA officer usually just wants you to pay HST.

I made the mistake of importing a Lovesac sectional using crossborderpickup, and the sofa cost more than Restoration Hardware after factoring in service charge, duties, taxes, delivery.

#8916695 - 01/19/17 09:46 AM Re: US address for buying something [Re: xza8]
Simon_the_Pieman Offline
Post Master Sr

serious? RH makes you pay a USD + premium + shipping no? thats why milton outlet is the best lol

#8916705 - 01/19/17 09:49 AM Re: US address for buying something [Re: Risky Business]
Simon_the_Pieman Offline
Post Master Sr

Originally Posted By: Risky Business
TIL: when cross border shopping, pick up packages from PO box, go to home depot and buy wood screws and duct tape, when crossing border declare wood screws and duct tape only.

you have to be smart about it. cant hide clothes and shoes with screw and duct tape.

for example, if i buy nike shoes and ship to my po box. i am grabbing something at nike outlet like a tshirt or joggers. same brand, same bag. no question when presenting nike receipt.

fuck them trying to take more money from me.

#8916707 - 01/19/17 09:50 AM Re: US address for buying something [Re: Simon_the_Pieman]
LNXGUY Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Barrie, Ont,
serious? RH makes you pay a USD + premium + shipping no? thats why milton outlet is the best lol

RH even here is sold in USD. It's fucked.

#8916708 - 01/19/17 09:51 AM Re: US address for buying something [Re: Simon_the_Pieman]
xza8 Offline
Sr Member

RH was 20% flat for delivery, duties, HST, but you pay USD, which is no different than buying from Lovesac, an American only company. I think RH now offers better terms for Canadian shoppers.
#8916726 - 01/19/17 09:57 AM Re: US address for buying something [Re: Wildout]
jesguerra Offline
Jr Poster

My man

exactly what I figured he was trying to say.

#8916738 - 01/19/17 10:06 AM Re: US address for buying something [Re: jesguerra]
Choco 'Nuck Offline
Proud Member of BLM
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Somewhere out there
You guys are crazy. So to save a few dollars, you risk getting yourself flagged by CBSA? Any future travel results in mandatory secondary inspection. Also, its not worth it for me to lose my nexus card and bypass the shitshow line that is US security clearance
#8916745 - 01/19/17 10:09 AM Re: US address for buying something [Re: Choco 'Nuck]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

the real question is did you go to home depot first?
#8916747 - 01/19/17 10:10 AM Re: US address for buying something [Re: Risky Business]
4age Offline
XD XD XD XD
Post Master Sr

Loc: North York, Ontario, Canada
+1 you do not want to get flagged by CBSA--trust me.
ask me how i know XD XD XD

XD XD XD XD

#8916752 - 01/19/17 10:11 AM Re: US address for buying something [Re: 4age]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

what about saving 13 cents on screws doe? galvanized screws too
#8916756 - 01/19/17 10:13 AM Re: US address for buying something [Re: Risky Business]
4age Offline
XD XD XD XD
Post Master Sr

Loc: North York, Ontario, Canada
LOL yes. User drives to 'states, buys stuff from home depot. stays for 2 hours.
claims standard screws rather than galvanized screws & hides actual real purchase inside of home depot bag. seems legit

XD XD XD XD

#8916762 - 01/19/17 10:15 AM Re: US address for buying something [Re: Simon_the_Pieman]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: Risky Business

you have to be smart about it. cant hide clothes and shoes with screw and duct tape.

for example, if i buy nike shoes and ship to my po box. i am grabbing something at nike outlet like a tshirt or joggers. same brand, same bag. no question when presenting nike receipt.

fuck them trying to take more money from me.

been there, done it.

We are mixing up two things:

1. Going cross border shopping and not declaring everything (YOLO)

2. Claiming that going to a PO box direct and returning to the border raises red flags, where as staying across the border for 2+ hours is any less of a red flag.

This isn't difficult.

You can order a ton of shit to a PO box and mix it all up and come back, declare most, and pass, it's not any less risky than getting po box stuff then going to outlets and adding even more shit mixing it up and not declaring everything. In both situations if searched, you are fucked. Neither activity prompts CBSA to exercise less scrutiny over the other. Therefore going to home depot or outlets to raise less red flags is not correct.

#8916763 - 01/19/17 10:15 AM Re: US address for buying something [Re: 4age]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: 4age
LOL yes. User drives to 'states, buys stuff from home depot. stays for 2 hours.
claims standard screws rather than galvanized screws & hides actual real purchase inside of home depot bag. seems legit

"You just have to be smart about it"

#8917145 - 01/19/17 12:55 PM Re: US address for buying something [Re: Risky Business]
LNXGUY Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Barrie, Ont,
My buddy goes over constantly to fill up and return home. He's not over there for more then 45mins. Never gets pulled over for additional checks.

#8917176 - 01/19/17 01:05 PM Re: US address for buying something [Re: LNXGUY]
iamfob Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Out There
 Originally Posted By: LNXGUY
My buddy goes over constantly to fill up and return home. He's not over there for more then 45mins. Never gets pulled over for additional checks.

Did he buy anything from US and bring it back to Canada?
If he just drives over to fill up the gas tank, there's really nothing to declare.

Page 1 of 3 123>

Moderator:  c2k, LNXGUY, TheRealCSnapper, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads