Page 7 of 7 « First<34567
Topic Options
#8838277 - 11/02/16 02:02 PM Re: [no specified end-month] post-a-5K challenge, who's in? [Re: Cheesegoggles]
schtickaz.ai Online   content
Post Master Supreme

Loc: State, Country, etc.
my 'new' routine seems to be ~[2] 40-minute treadmill sessions/week and one 'quality' day of something like a tempo run, 5K time trial, mile repeats or something in the 5 mile range outside these days

not too hard of a schedule to stick to [imo!], especially the treadmill ones. It's like I wait until a basketball game or whatever is on and just mind-numb it out or listen to music and do both and sweat all over everything or why not all 3

I think I'm slowly recovering /rehabbing from my hip thing just based on pain feedback post workout/the following day where basically I have no issues to slight muscle pain related to all the intense foam rolling/stretching work I'm doing in the affected area. So it's like my hip-area hurts but its not the same pain where I'd limp before now its basically the result of foam rolling the fuck out of the area so of course it hurts after running

*I think and/or hope, anyways

#8843229 - 11/07/16 02:46 PM Re: [no specified end-month] post-a-5K challenge, who's in? [Re: schtickaz.ai]
Post Master Supreme

whelp blew my 5k track effort this weekend and converted it into mile repeats

did a 6:25 first mile [and a 1:28 first 400m, aka 5:40 pace, taking the first turn at 5:15 pace lol moron] and as I backed off and tried to get it under control I decided to convert to plan 'B' --> mile repeats as I felt way too burnt to close out the 5K /had smoked myself

went 6:25/6:35/6:45 w/2 minutes of walking between. Not real hard efforts but I was working a bit. 152-155 peak HR. so like 80-85% of max HRM. OK they hurt a bit towards the end but nothing crazy. Kinda dissapointed with that final mile split to be honest, was hoping to bring it down to 6:30 or something and was surprised when I saw the split [was running in perfect darkness, I'm sure that didnt help lol]

#8852023 - 11/14/16 02:24 PM Re: [no specified end-month] post-a-5K challenge, who's in? [Re: schtickaz.ai]
Post Master Supreme

went 21:18 just now, so not too far off my PB

6:35
6:51
6:53
6:26 closing 0.1

kinda felt the bern a little bit, was forced to dodge walkers 4-abreast taking lanes 1-4 [and their little dog] no big deal I guess. I was trying to run in lane 3 the whole way anyways, doing the 12 laps + 45 meters thing in #3

was only trying to avg 6:45 which I did precisely [within a second or dead on for sure], kinda hurt a bit. I lagged a little on mile 2 like I usually do. Went out a little too quick but didnt give up [6:10 pace first 400m, and even though I was forcing myself to slow it wasnt quite enough and the first mile came in a little quicker than I had hoped --6:35]. Lost control of my breathing a little bit during mile 2 lol cry, doing like 1-step inhale, 2-step exhale [normally I do 2-2], got it back together for mile 3 though.

Overall I'm thinking I'm officially at the point where if I want to go any faster I'm going to have to embrace pain/torture. Have to find a way to shut the brain off during mile 2 , I think I can recover mentally during mile 3 it's that middle mile that gets me

with this new data I think in a 5k actual road race I should shoot for a 6:40--6:45 first mile for best results, and to neg split from there. Going out at/near 6:00 flat or quicker really removes my chance for a good race it looks like. /duh

#8858760 - 11/21/16 01:03 PM Re: [no specified end-month] post-a-5K challenge, who's in? [Re: schtickaz.ai]
Post Master Supreme

damn blew/aborted my last track 5K TT yesterday
6:41
6:45
6:45 [last 0.3] came up 3 laps short lol

just didnt 'feel' like suffering this badly just to complete a 5K TT on that day I guess. I took a 5 minute breather, checked my vagina and ran a pretty easy
6:35
additional mile just to make up for it a little bit. wasnt working too hard. I guess thats what 5 mins recovery will do for you

anyways, I am targetting 6:40 goal pace for my thursday morning turkey trot. Gobble gobble motherfukcers!
Should just barely sneak me a PR [just under 21:00], assuming I can keep my shit together. My 'actual race' PR is only 21:30 so I should be able to come under that it looks like. I have a self-timed track 21:03 which will be a bit challenging to come under. 6:40 equals a 20:43 target 5k so I've got some room to play with if I need a few moments to rally around mile 2 which unfortunately I guess is normal for me.

I really, really hope I can check my shit and my tendency to give up right around mile 1.8--2.1 and close out that entire last mile around 6:30-ish.

Gonna hurt like hell I have a feeling. Also the crowds [20k+] will make it challenging. I'm in wave 1 so that should help hehe.
--
edit:
so here's my 'perfect' race for a 'perfect' day thursday if feeling great
mile 1: 6:40 , should feel easy as fuck. Hopefully as little hopping around to pass as possible
mile 2: 6:40 , should feel tough as fuck. Probably a mental gut-check moment occurs and I will either cave/fade or power on to PR-ville
mile 3: 6:30-ish, assuming I've passed the gut check... possibly a mini-gut check occurs again in the third mile and I rally [hopefully] and overcome it. I'm expecting breathing to be completely out of control here and on 1-2 beat [inhale/exhale] and probably involving some drooling
final 0.1: 6:30-ish, I dont see myself having a kick at all at this pace. Will just try to hang on. I will launch my kick about 400m out as always [just before last turn, I have the course memorized]

just hoping I can pass the gut check during mile 2 and have a good run. Basically I'm going out pretty hard and expecting to come back even harder while not fading in mile 2---I've never been able to do that before

well, at least I wont be going out in a 6:20/6:25 pace like I've done a few times in actual races and then just faded horribly through to the end. So perhaps 6:40 is about perfect for me on a perfect day. If I ended up straight splitting 6:40/6:41 all the way through that would be fine too and a nice PR

#8859394 - 11/22/16 08:00 AM Re: [no specified end-month] post-a-5K challenge, who's in? [Re: schtickaz.ai]
Risky Business Offline
Provides a Great Work Environment. he/him
Post Master Supreme

You better deliver on this.
#8860043 - 11/22/16 03:26 PM Re: [no specified end-month] post-a-5K challenge, who's in? [Re: Risky Business]
Post Master Supreme

#8862215 - 11/24/16 05:30 PM Re: [no specified end-month] post-a-5K challenge, who's in? [Re: schtickaz.ai]
Post Master Supreme

20:55 official
6:44/mi a PR, I'll take it, gah. I caved tho

6:43
6:41
6:51

Splits,bunch of traffic in first half mile I'm kinda thankful for to stop me from being stupid I guess. My buddy from work passed me at mile 2.8 or so that was funny. Gobble gobble mother fucker!

#8867562 - 11/30/16 07:10 PM Re: [no specified end-month] post-a-5K challenge, who's in? [Re: schtickaz.ai]
Design Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: The OC
Nice work!
89 Camaro - Sold
CSI. What's your diversion?

Page 7 of 7 « First<34567

Moderator:  Silock, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads