Page 2 of 2 <12
Topic Options
#8830060 - 10/26/16 08:44 AM Re: So this new Civic is so great... [Re: Hatorade]
Wildout Offline
Post Master Jr

Originally Posted By: Hatorade
Why buy the X1 with all that useless garbage?

Speaking as someone that used to work weird long hours driving for a living & have come close to falling asleep a couple of times, it would be a nice feature to have under the right circumstances.

But defiantly not an everyday, feature kinda of thing.

#8830108 - 10/26/16 09:37 AM Re: So this new Civic is so great... [Re: Hatorade]
Choco 'Nuck Offline
Proud Member of BLM
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Somewhere out there
 Originally Posted By: Hatorade
Why buy the X1 with all that useless garbage?

Its in a package with other things we wanted

#8830112 - 10/26/16 09:42 AM Re: So this new Civic is so great... [Re: titty sprinkles]
4age Offline
XD XD XD XD
Post Master Sr

Loc: North York, Ontario, Canada
 Originally Posted By: titty sprinkles

Basically it's a Jesus take the wheel button. On highways, if the road turns the steering wheel will turn by itself. It detects the lines in the road from a camera/sensor at the top of the windshield. Then you have your brake collision warning so it'll start beeping and flashing BRAKE if you're about to rear end someone. Now that shit is annoying and turned it to the lowest setting. Then you have your lane migration warning that will beep at you if you drift off. Great for ppl who work weird hours and may fall asleep at the wheel. My dad wrote off a Camry back in the day doing that.

I had a Rdx loaner and took it to Windsor, it also had lane keep assist and adaptive cruise, that 4 hour drive felt like I drove from my house to downtown Toronto.

So what if there's a pothole mid lane, or some debris, or ice...it drives over it. Flawed system is flawed. And then what if the car starts to get hairy after running over said debris/ice/whatever? TC kicks in and cuts power? Then you get rear ended. Nice.

Edited by 4age (10/26/16 09:42 AM)

XD XD XD XD

#8830121 - 10/26/16 09:48 AM Re: So this new Civic is so great... [Re: 4age]
Senor Eduardo_82 Offline
miataist
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Ca�ada

#8830129 - 10/26/16 09:53 AM Re: So this new Civic is so great... [Re: Senor Eduardo_82]
Screamin Type ARGH! Offline
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

Loc: T.O. - Canaduh
https://www.honda.ca/civic_sedan/hondasensing-features
https://www.honda.ca/accord_sedan/sensing-features

such sensing much wow
and yeah the acura ones have the "BRAKE" flashing like a nutjob in the MID display

"Ban low performance drivers, not high performance cars"

#8830606 - 10/26/16 03:13 PM Re: So this new Civic is so great... [Re: titty sprinkles]
Just A Troll Offline
Curved Street Thug Life
Post Master

Originally Posted By: 4age
 Originally Posted By: Simon_the_Pieman
root words for lane assist are 'an' and 'ass'

meaning only an ass needs these features.

root word for feature is 'eat'.

meaning eat my fucking dick.

LOL WOW how does the car keep on the lane? The steering rack is motorized? Does that mean if u have lane assist then ur car can park itself too? (Being serious). If lane assist is on, does it brake when you are too close to the car in front? Does it clip the apex when cornering? WtfXD

Basically it's a Jesus take the wheel button. On highways, if the road turns the steering wheel will turn by itself. It detects the lines in the road from a camera/sensor at the top of the windshield. Then you have your brake collision warning so it'll start beeping and flashing BRAKE if you're about to rear end someone. Now that shit is annoying and turned it to the lowest setting. Then you have your lane migration warning that will beep at you if you drift off. Great for ppl who work weird hours and may fall asleep at the wheel. My dad wrote off a Camry back in the day doing that.

I had a Rdx loaner and took it to Windsor, it also had lane keep assist and adaptive cruise, that 4 hour drive felt like I drove from my house to downtown Toronto.

Yup! I drove my RDX to Boston on a very windy day. It was very relaxing with the lane assist since it was doing most of the corrections when gust came at me sideways.

The ACC was awesome as well, I just feel it leaves too much room and some jerk jumps in front of you and cuts you off. Then the CMB yells "BRAKE!" at me on the dashboard and the RDX hits the brakes on its own. It's a bit stressful when that happens but the RDX will handle it on its own.

The LKA doesn't always work for me. I've gone around tight bends at highways speeds, like the long on ramp from the 401 West to 403 West, and halfway through it drifts out of the lane and fire the Lane Warning at me.

#8830623 - 10/26/16 03:26 PM Re: So this new Civic is so great... [Re: 4age]
titty sprinkles Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto,Ontario

So what if there's a pothole mid lane, or some debris, or ice...it drives over it. Flawed system is flawed. And then what if the car starts to get hairy after running over said debris/ice/whatever? TC kicks in and cuts power? Then you get rear ended. Nice.

well..no lol

it's a driving aid, if the steering wheel doesn't detect any feed back for a short time then it starts flashing and beeping at you to keep your hands on the wheel. you still have full control over the car and can swerve out of the way...as i do driving a low car with rubber bands for tires lol

#8830625 - 10/26/16 03:28 PM Re: So this new Civic is so great... [Re: Just A Troll]
titty sprinkles Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto,Ontario
 Originally Posted By: Just A Troll
 Originally Posted By: Simon_the_Pieman
root words for lane assist are 'an' and 'ass'

meaning only an ass needs these features.

root word for feature is 'eat'.

meaning eat my fucking dick.

LOL WOW how does the car keep on the lane? The steering rack is motorized? Does that mean if u have lane assist then ur car can park itself too? (Being serious). If lane assist is on, does it brake when you are too close to the car in front? Does it clip the apex when cornering? WtfXD

Yup! I drove my RDX to Boston on a very windy day. It was very relaxing with the lane assist since it was doing most of the corrections when gust came at me sideways.

The ACC was awesome as well, I just feel it leaves too much room and some jerk jumps in front of you and cuts you off. Then the CMB yells "BRAKE!" at me on the dashboard and the RDX hits the brakes on its own. It's a bit stressful when that happens but the RDX will handle it on its own.

The LKA doesn't always work for me. I've gone around tight bends at highways speeds, like the long on ramp from the 401 West to 403 West, and halfway through it drifts out of the lane and fire the Lane Warning at me.

forgot about that, it helps quite a bit on windy days. it won't work on sharp turns like onramps or city driving, it's ment for the long trucker hauls so you can sit back and feel your ass grow. my car doesn't have the adaptive cruise, only came on the v6 elite model, but i wasn't a fan of that unless it's a empty ass highway. i found that if someone turns infront of you, it takes too long for the car to slow down and then start to accelerate again, meanwhile the gap is a mile long and traffic starts to pile up behind you and you look like the mahhhhkummm driver going 80 in the fast lane.

Edited by titty sprinkles (10/26/16 03:30 PM)

#8830626 - 10/26/16 03:28 PM Re: So this new Civic is so great... [Re: titty sprinkles]
Hatorade Offline
pheggit
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto, ON
This tech sounds like shit. /out

'07 997.1 GT3
'08 E90 M3
'11 E90 d
'02 Rota Grid - 195-55-16FR (RIP)
'04 Volk GTC - 245-35-19F/275-35-19R (Sold to a farm boi)
I thought Spark was a robot from the old movie and I kind of remember seeing him telling some engineer showing the equation for a clear metal that the guy would event years later - porschetr

Page 2 of 2 <12

Moderator:  c2k, LNXGUY, TheRealCSnapper, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads