I think sub $200, and small for travel, is going to be difficult to find something really stable and secure. I spent that for a Slik that's pretty hefty, and it's great for location/studio stuff but not for traveling. I bought an Induro BH0 and it's pretty solid, but I do wish I'd gone bigger. I guess, it comes down to acceptability. Where do you draw the line. I've got it good, there's a Samy's about 5 minutes from me, and Calumet was close when they were still around too, so I can try out a lot of different brands first hand. The BH0 for example, it settles just the tiniest bit when I lock it down, but when I've got the 105 macro mounted and everything is framed up just right and i slowly release the camera, and it dips a little more and the framing is no longer just right, well that's a pain in the ass. I don't know if it gets better than that though.... I really like the Induro legs though, with the twist locks. Not sure why I like those better than levers like Manfrotto, but I do. Though, the carbon Induro legs are pretty pricey when you start getting into the stouter stuff.
Order my photo prints (New files uploaded)